Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:35

treaclefingers
Is everyone just a little on edge and jittery, getting no sleep, worrying about/excited about the concert tonight, so we're at each other's throats?

The good news is we can shift to holiday spirit mood by about midnight east coast time.

YES!!!

Date: December 15, 2012 21:36

note to self-
You should be in fkg NYC right now, getting ready
for the show... NOT posting on a freeking internet board!!!!

GRRR!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:38

Max'sKansasCity
note to self-
You should be in fkg NYC right now, getting ready
for the show... NOT posting on a freeking internet board!!!!

GRRR!!

That expression has come in handy a few times now. Thank you Mr. Jagger.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:38

sonyzzz
Is she really a fan? I can't picture her listening to Muddy Waters or Robert Johnson, B.B King, Buddy Guy etc.
The Rolling Stones are timeless, Lady whatever, her time is a flash in the pan.

And all the raps and the hippity-hoppity. booooooooo!

You bitter, out-of-touch sad old man. But before you go trashing the latest artist you don't understand, know what the #$%& you're talking about. And while you're at it, welcome to #$%&ing 2012 where Gaga has ruled pop for well over 3 years.

It's a bit too late to call her a flash in the pan, check her numbers.
Idiot.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:38 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:48

meanwhile I've drunk some bottles,
I can see some colors now:

[twitter.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:52

Ugly Gaga.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:52

jamesfdouglas
sonyzzz
Is she really a fan? I can't picture her listening to Muddy Waters or Robert Johnson, B.B King, Buddy Guy etc.
The Rolling Stones are timeless, Lady whatever, her time is a flash in the pan.

And all the raps and the hippity-hoppity. booooooooo!

You bitter, out-of-touch sad old man. But before you go trashing the latest artist you don't understand, know what the #$%& you're talking about. And while you're at it, welcome to #$%&ing 2012 where Gaga has ruled pop for well over 3 years.

It's a bit too late to call her a flash in the pan, check her numbers.
Idiot.

yeah james, i dunno who yer barkin at, but lady gaga is just a fucken marketing machine. what's even worse is people seem to be fooled by this and eat it up; it's completely absurd. check out mcdonald's burger 'numbers' too, why dont ya? and they still suck

she's a fake studio-contrived pseudo-diva who, is weird for the sake of being weird. that's not art or music or relevance; it's mediocrity in big, bold capital letters

she wears meat dresses and machine gun bras and gets ferried about to award shows inside of a fucken egg, as a distraction from her irrelevant studio-groomed nonsense ... her material is 90% forgettable club-music fluff. both her sound and image are mish-mashes taken from better and earlier artists

that she sells millions of records while true musical icons can't get a decent record deal to save their lives should be an eye opener to ya too

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:53

She has a great set of pipes and will no doubt kick the proverbial arse!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:54

Each of them look unusually extra happy in that pic.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:58

pinkfloydthebarber

that she sells millions of records while true musical icons can't get a decent record deal to save their lives should be an eye opener to ya too

She writes her own stuff, even designs her own clothes. She's self-made and has paid her dues.

As for my comment about her numbers, that was to illustrate to one of the other old culturally-dead old dicks here, that she's not a 'flash in the pan' and has been going strong for four years after finally hitting fame.

I get it, you don't like her pop-dance-style. Good for you, it's clear though how rock and roll and AWESOME you are, so you win ol' dog.

And what exactly is a "true musical icon who can't get a record deal" anyways? Please enlighten me.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:00 by jamesfdouglas.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:59

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:59 by jamesfdouglas.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:00

holy keerist

and she's fugly to boot

though I was no big fan of madonna, unless she was naked, I still have to say madonna (in her heyday) could kick lady gaga's arse, and that this no-talent bimbo is a poor copy (a xerox of a xerox of a xerox) of 80's madonna. so there

unfortunately millions of todays brainless youths are making her rich and buying her albums, so she's gonna make more albums and get richer still, and we are all gonna gag whenever we accidentally hear it on the radio or TV, or worse when some moron put it as background music in a viral video or something . personally i just think in this age of musical lies it might be nice to get some honesty from these so called artists, like if you buy the box set lady gaga will personally suck your balls, so at least it'd be worth something

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:02

I say it's ok to not like her or her music. But why the hell does she make people angry?

As the wise John McEnroe once said..."YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

Date: December 15, 2012 22:07

treaclefingers
I say it's ok to not like her or her music. But why the hell does she make people angry?

Just old farts beating their macho-chests, a bit too hard if you ask me. Their discussions about her music reveal how LITTLE they know about music.

Meanwhile they worship men who've worn their fair share of makeup and glitter, and a big, open gaping lipsticked mouth as their logo.

I mean... who's more angry and stanch than... a closet homo?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:13

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers

Just old farts beating their macho-chests, a bit too hard if you ask me. Their discussions about her music reveal how LITTLE they know about music.

Meanwhile they worship men who've worn their fair share of makeup and glitter, and a big, open gaping lipsticked mouth as their logo.

Nobody sounds more angry than you right now, James.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:14

tatters
jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers

Nobody sounds more angry than you right now, James.

Even if I'm actually laughing while typing?
I do get turned off by the stuffiness of the old farts here though.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:15 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:15

Max'sKansasCity
I only get nasty when someone cames at me
Well with respect Max, that is isn't exactly true. You gone after 'newbies' and posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board. Your assault on country music in the Ron Wood/Brad Paisley thread was indicative of this sort of behavior. Not trying to come at you guy, just pointing out a contradiction in what you said you did and what you actually did...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:18

It's quite embarassing to be a Stones fan right now. All this hatred towards an artist. Even criticizing the way she looks, calling her "fugly". are we in high school? So ridiculous. and the hatred is at an obsessive level.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:19

jamesfdouglas
pinkfloydthebarber

She writes her own stuff, even designs her own clothes. She's self-made and has paid her dues.

As for my comment about her numbers, that was to illustrate to one of the other old culturally-dead old dicks here, that she's not a 'flash in the pan' and has been going strong for four years after finally hitting fame.

I get it, you don't like her pop-dance-style. Good for you, it's clear though how rock and roll and AWESOME you are, so you win ol' dog.

And what exactly is a "true musical icon who can't get a record deal" anyways? Please enlighten me.

sounds like you have a crush on her....would you do her?

Date: December 15, 2012 22:20

GumbootCloggeroo
It's quite embarassing to be a Stones fan right now. All this hatred towards an artist. Even criticizing the way she looks, calling her "fugly". are we in high school? So ridiculous. and the hatred is at an obsessive level.

Most closet-homos are obsessive.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 15, 2012 22:22

GumbootCloggeroo
Why can't you picture her listening to those artists? who do you think she likes? Is there a rule that guests with the stones have to like the blues?

thumbs up You are making more and more sense all the time, gumboot.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:24

MKjan
jamesfdouglas
pinkfloydthebarber

Sure I would.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:26

Personnally I don't hate her, I think she's a phoney, an empty balloon blown out of proportions by the mainstream media.

Imho she doesn't rank higher than Donna Summer... would Jagger ever consider inviting DS onstage in the 70's? Hell no!

Then why LGG now? "Media buzz" is the answer. She learnt a lot from Prince (be rare and make each of your public/TV appearances an "event") but sadly she doesn't have 1% of his talent.

Gaga's a Warholian caricature that overstayed her "15 minutes of fame"... (nice sentence btw... >grinning smiley<)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:28 by dcba.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:28

jamesfdouglas
MKjan
jamesfdouglas
pinkfloydthebarber

Sure I would.

Well then.... I hope it happens for ya.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:32

ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
I only get nasty when someone cames at me
Well with respect Max, that is isn't exactly true. You gone after 'newbies' and posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board. Your assault on country music in the Ron Wood/Brad Paisley thread was indicative of this sort of behavior. Not trying to come at you guy, just pointing out a contradiction in what you said you did and what you actually did...

That was going after the music not a board member and it was a long time ago.... now and if you would like to give the exact quotes when you were so offended by me, whne I ""posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board "" then post them.. otherwise back off. You dont usally talk to me unless it is to give me shit... and that would be you doing what you are accusing me of. Maybe best to drop it right here, ignore my posts and it will be fine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:42

dcba
Personnally I don't hate her, I think she's a phoney, an empty balloon blown out of proportions by the mainstream media.

Imho she doesn't rank higher than Donna Summer... would Jagger ever consider inviting DS onstage in the 70's? Hell no!

Then why LGG now? "Media buzz" is the answer. She learnt a lot from Prince (be rare and make each of your public/TV appearances an "event") but sadly she doesn't have 1% of his talent.

Gaga's a Warholian caricature that overstayed her "15 minutes of fame"... (nice sentence btw... >grinning smiley<)

I think she's going to be around a lot longer than you think.
Now in all seriousness, I DO get why a lot of older (and by older I mean older than me - 39), people confuse her with , say, a Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, or any winner of a Reality TV show (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood,etc).

People, this isn't the case with her. She put in her time gigging herself in New York, then becamse a songwritier for Streamline five years ago. She's written three ablums for herself and does something today that seems incredible - she SELLS music. She also designs her own ridiculous outfits, and is the concept artist behind her own shows.

She's NOT a Mickey Mouse Club Kid turned pop-star like her pop-peers. She also does a HELL of a lot of charity work, and donates millions to her causes. She's done more in 4 years as a phlianthropist, including money and HER OWN TIME, than all combined Stones in 50 years. Think about that.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 15, 2012 22:42

And one more thing... no, I'm not a fan of her music.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 15, 2012 22:44

jamesfdouglas
And one more thing... no, I'm not a fan of her music.

Ok, Lt Columbo winking smiley

Date: December 15, 2012 22:56

Date: December 15, 2012 23:00

jamesfdouglas
Stones Tongue!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home