Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:01

wait... were we playing guess the.... ummm... guess the game?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:29

Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
I only get nasty when someone cames at me
Well with respect Max, that is isn't exactly true. You gone after 'newbies' and posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board. Your assault on country music in the Ron Wood/Brad Paisley thread was indicative of this sort of behavior. Not trying to come at you guy, just pointing out a contradiction in what you said you did and what you actually did...

That was going after the music not a board member and it was a long time ago.... now and if you would like to give the exact quotes when you were so offended by me, whne I ""posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board "" then post them.. otherwise back off. You dont usally talk to me unless it is to give me shit... and that would be you doing what you are accusing me of. Maybe best to drop it right here, ignore my posts and it will be fine.
Just constructive observation Max. It seems you missed the bit where I wrote "with respect" and "not trying to come at you.." but if you want to see it as giving you shit then I can't stop you. I have better things to do than look up your own posts to demonstrate your own behavior to you. Take 'er easy dude...

Date: December 15, 2012 23:31

ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
Well with respect Max, that is isn't exactly true. You gone after 'newbies' and posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board. Your assault on country music in the Ron Wood/Brad Paisley thread was indicative of this sort of behavior. Not trying to come at you guy, just pointing out a contradiction in what you said you did and what you actually did...

That was going after the music not a board member and it was a long time ago.... now and if you would like to give the exact quotes when you were so offended by me, whne I ""posted deragatory commments without provocation towards me and others on this board "" then post them.. otherwise back off. You dont usally talk to me unless it is to give me shit... and that would be you doing what you are accusing me of. Maybe best to drop it right here, ignore my posts and it will be fine.
Just constructive observation Max. It seems you missed the bit where I wrote "with respect" and "not trying to come at you.." but if you want to see it as giving you shit then I can't stop you. I have better things to do than look up your own posts to demonstrate your own behavior to you. Take 'er easy dude...

Mainly because you are making shit up. Just drop it dude.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:46

jamesfdouglas
pinkfloydthebarber

that she sells millions of records while true musical icons can't get a decent record deal to save their lives should be an eye opener to ya too

She writes her own stuff, even designs her own clothes. She's self-made and has paid her dues.

As for my comment about her numbers, that was to illustrate to one of the other old culturally-dead old dicks here, that she's not a 'flash in the pan' and has been going strong for four years after finally hitting fame.

I get it, you don't like her pop-dance-style. Good for you, it's clear though how rock and roll and AWESOME you are, so you win ol' dog.

And what exactly is a "true musical icon who can't get a record deal" anyways? Please enlighten me.

She employs a team of designers as the "Haus of Gaga" collective, not quite the same as designing the stuff herself.

She does write her own material, can sing and has musical ability. That said, does anybody other than Gaga herself really believe though that Born This Way is the "album of the decade" and was "taking music to another level"? She is already making similar claims for her forthcoming Artpop album. Meanwhile in both album and ticket sales she is already in decline.

I understand you're not saying you like her work so I'm not meaning to be confrontational about that. I'm just trying to get across why I find her quite offensive. I haven't even started on the videos that are a scene for scene copy of Madonna ones. She's not remotely ground breaking or original but has brainwashed millions of people too young to know better that she is.

Date: December 15, 2012 23:55

Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity

Nothing made up here Max, just my experience of you on this board. In person, I'm sure I would have a better impression...

Date: December 16, 2012 00:01

ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Max'sKansasCity

Nothing made up here Max, just my experience of you on this board. In person, I'm sure I would have a better impression...
I have tried respect with you, it didnt work, it seems you are one of the people who love to start shit, and then call shit. As I advised you, it is best you drop this... but no you just keep coming back, stirring the pot, doing your thing... next up? you say I started this.... all I did was reply to your BS accusations.

You are just one of those people it is best to ignore. /done with you.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:05

The way I see it is we're a bit torn & frayed lately (at least I know I am)...Let's just be cool and rock together (well, virtually) watching the PPV. I'm so excited!

Hopefully, Gaga will be good and we'll be delightfully suprised. If not, we can have a chuckle over it tomorrow.

Everyone has a right to be a fan. (Although I did suggest that Robert Hodes - guy who won the Stones raffle - must pass a Stones-fan test to be worthy of those tickets!)

C'mon let's party!! It's Stones night!!!smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2012 00:08

memphiscats
The way I see it is we're a bit torn & frayed lately (at least I know I am)...Let's just be cool and rock together (well, virtually) watching the PPV. I'm so excited!

Hopefully, Gaga will be good and we'll be delightfully suprised. If not, we can have a chuckle over it tomorrow.

Everyone has a right to be a fan. (Although I did suggest that Robert Hodes - guy who won the Stones raffle - must pass a Stones-fan test to be worthy of those tickets!)

CHEERS MC!! smileys with beer

Partially thinking of you I stopped my antigg campaign,
I ahve have said nothing bad about her today smiling smiley

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! TIME TO PARTY!!

Date: December 16, 2012 00:13

It is genuinely hard for some people to hear objective critiscm and observations about themselves Max and that certainly seems true in your case. My observations can be substantiated by any number of posts you have made in the past, search for them yourself and if you are honest enough with yourself you will be able to say, ah, yeah, I can be a bit obnoxious at times. The difference here is I can admit it. You are either unwilling or unable too. Hope you can one day...

Date: December 16, 2012 00:19

yawn

Date: December 16, 2012 00:20

Well I tried...

Date: December 16, 2012 00:20

memphiscats

mc , did you see the post about E!network have a preshow thing at 7:00CST?

Date: December 16, 2012 00:24

ChrisM
Well I tried...

NO, you didnt... dont play the victim, you just did what you have always done, been rude and started shit.

Some people I get along with great, others I dont, I dont have time to worry about the ones I dont... I ask them, I ask you, to please ignore my post, and I will ignore yours.... and it all works fine... are you mature enough to do that? Or will you keep this up?

I will ignore your posts from now on, no need risking getting banned over someone like you..... now quit clogging up the thread with your nonsense

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:34

rebelrebel
jamesfdouglas
pinkfloydthebarber

that she sells millions of records while true musical icons can't get a decent record deal to save their lives should be an eye opener to ya too

She writes her own stuff, even designs her own clothes. She's self-made and has paid her dues.

As for my comment about her numbers, that was to illustrate to one of the other old culturally-dead old dicks here, that she's not a 'flash in the pan' and has been going strong for four years after finally hitting fame.

I get it, you don't like her pop-dance-style. Good for you, it's clear though how rock and roll and AWESOME you are, so you win ol' dog.

And what exactly is a "true musical icon who can't get a record deal" anyways? Please enlighten me.

She employs a team of designers as the "Haus of Gaga" collective, not quite the same as designing the stuff herself.

She does write her own material, can sing and has musical ability. That said, does anybody other than Gaga herself really believe though that Born This Way is the "album of the decade" and was "taking music to another level"? She is already making similar claims for her forthcoming Artpop album. Meanwhile in both album and ticket sales she is already in decline.

I understand you're not saying you like her work so I'm not meaning to be confrontational about that. I'm just trying to get across why I find her quite offensive. I haven't even started on the videos that are a scene for scene copy of Madonna ones. She's not remotely ground breaking or original but has brainwashed millions of people too young to know better that she is.

She's successful, her songs are catchy, she put in her time.
Anyways, we're all entitled to our opinions. I hope for everyone's sake that she does a good job tonight. Cheers.

And I'd still do her.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:38

HighwireC
This will be my favorite poster, ...perhaps ...

[twitter.com]

And I'm drinking some spanish red red wine now,
just started ... grinning smiley

thanks for the pic and the reminder HC... it's time for the red wine, but italian in my case.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:54

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

. Thanks, Max. No I hadn't seen it. THANK YOU!!! YIPPEEsmileys with beer

Date: December 16, 2012 00:55

Max'sKansasCity
ChrisM
Well I tried...

NO, you didnt... dont play the victim, you just did what you have always done, been rude and started shit.

Some people I get along with great, others I dont, I dont have time to worry about the ones I dont... I ask them, I ask you, to please ignore my post, and I will ignore yours.... and it all works fine... are you mature enough to do that? Or will you keep this up?

I will ignore your posts from now on, no need risking getting banned over someone like you..... now quit clogging up the thread with your nonsense
Victim? Nonsense? What I always do? Wow, truly I cannot understand you nor you me. I had tried to indulge in a rationale discussion but that does not seem possible between us. Sorry Max. Happy Holidays..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 00:58 by ChrisM.

Date: December 16, 2012 00:58

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

. Thanks, Max. No I hadn't seen it. THANK YOU!!! YIPPEEsmileys with beer

My pleasure mc... it is supposed to be like a red carpet thingy...should be fun.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:00

Max'sKansasCity
yawn

Yeah, I feel the same thing everytime your posts ruin a nice thread....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:04

jamesfdouglas
tatters
jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
I say it's ok to not like her or her music. But why the hell does she make people angry?

As the wise John McEnroe once said..."YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

Just old farts beating their macho-chests, a bit too hard if you ask me. Their discussions about her music reveal how LITTLE they know about music.

Meanwhile they worship men who've worn their fair share of makeup and glitter, and a big, open gaping lipsticked mouth as their logo.

I mean... who's more angry and stanch than... a closet homo?

Nobody sounds more angry than you right now, James.

Even if I'm actually laughing while typing?
I do get turned off by the stuffiness of the old farts here though.

I have to admit JD, you made me laff!

Date: December 16, 2012 01:11

Vocalion
Max'sKansasCity
yawn

Yeah, I feel the same thing everytime your posts ruin a nice thread....
OH NOs!!! I feel so guilty... hold on....

Date: December 16, 2012 01:14

Date: December 16, 2012 01:14

UH..... whew... ok..... now... you were saying something.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:26

Date: December 16, 2012 01:29

His Majesty

What a coincidence.. I was just going to say that same thing

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:40

Maybe some people are right. Maybe I'm just an old man that just don't get it...

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:50

B*&ch delivered a hardcore fan performance tonight, lost herself in the the music and went for it. 2hr 34min performance, I ain't gonna complain

Posted by: qz093n ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:50

lady gaga sucked! Stones did not!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:52

She did a good job. I liked her spot

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:53

It seems like several of you, by your posts,appear to have problems with women or certainly don't respect them.

Lady G is musically very sound or she wouldn't have been invited to be on stage.
If she's good enough for Charlie Watts, she's good enough for me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home