Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:07

GravityBoy
Bah!

Where Waldo?... errrr.... wheres eggegg?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:12

Lady Gaga has NO talent. You can take some crazy drunken nasty looking chick from your local bar and have her do the same thing. To bad she's so homely too. Nothing going for her but lost of cash. I'll give her about 3 more years before the next man made product comes out to take her place.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:19

Lisa sings better, at least comparing it to Lady Gaga's performance on the 15th, but she's a hell of a performer.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 17, 2012 18:02

tatters
superrevvy
My favorite comment on one of the Gaga forums: "OMG they cheered her! I was so
afraid they were gonna boo her."

So you're all done with Rihanna and now you're lurking on Lady Gaga fan forums with a bunch of little girls? How old are you anyway?

i can appreciate that an elderly narrow minded ignoramus like you only is
interested in what you yourself are interested in, but since lady gaga fans are
so numerous and so energetic, compared to geriatrics like yourself, i am, in
the light of this PPV, quite interested in their thinking. they are the future.

as for R, even with the greatness of this PPV, she is still retaining her
recently acquired title of greatest rock and roll band in the world.
but not by much.

Date: December 17, 2012 18:10

superrevvy
tatters
superrevvy
My favorite comment on one of the Gaga forums: "OMG they cheered her! I was so
afraid they were gonna boo her."

So you're all done with Rihanna and now you're lurking on Lady Gaga fan forums with a bunch of little girls? How old are you anyway?

i can appreciate that an elderly narrow minded ignoramus like you only is
interested in what you yourself are interested in, but since lady gaga fans are
so numerous and so energetic, compared to geriatrics like yourself, i am, in
the light of this PPV, quite interested in their thinking. they are the future.

as for R, even with the greatness of this PPV, she is still retaining her
recently acquired title of greatest rock and roll band in the world.
but not by much.

tatters is not what you say,far from narrow, he posts on MANY MANY different topics and threads and adds good variety of content to IORR, while it seems you ONLY post about one topic at a time, in this case gaga, and only gaga.... and I imagine n a week or so you will be back to ONLY posting about the otehr fav of yours... neither be The Rolling Stones.

Date: December 17, 2012 18:21

max, i'm raving enthusiastic about the new keith richards, and i'm raving
enthusiastic about the new mick taylor...

must i also hate young performers to get your approval?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 18:22

I think the violent reaction to her from some quarters is amusing. The Rolling Stones requested her, bottom line. If they were just going after any one with a big demographic to help their PPV bottom line they would have called Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. To think it's funny to attack her because she has a big ass is what? If Lady GaGa has a big one (emphasized by wearing stripes) then what does Lisa have now?

I haven't heard any of you attack Mick for the way he looked from 1968 through 1978. Not exactly a Street Fighting Man.

Date: December 17, 2012 18:23

superrevvy
max, i'm raving enthusiastic about the new keith richards, and i'm raving
enthusiastic about the new mick taylor...

must i also hate young performers to get your approval?

How about those Black Keys?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 17, 2012 18:47

24FPS
The Rolling Stones requested her, bottom line.

Yes, a big bottom line it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 18:47 by GravityBoy.

Date: December 17, 2012 18:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 18:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: rvfowler ()
Date: December 18, 2012 15:44

Lady Gaga sang her ass off, wears outrageous outfits, and doesn't give a shit what people think. You could say the same for Mick Jagger, Little Richard, or even Elvis. Isn't that attitude one of the resons we love Rock N Roll?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 18, 2012 15:54

Good point, rvfowler.

While I was there for Gaga's number, I will have to wait for a viewing of the PPV to judge her
more accurately. I mean, she is what she is, and apparently added entertainment for some.

Unlike many, I am not a fan of Lisa's contributions to the song. I think she has gone from singing
to screaming over the years, and don't care for it, even seeing it live on Thursday.

Taste is subjective, and it has been nice to see four different female singers attempt this
song, not the easiest to sing.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:58

rvfowler
Lady Gaga sang her ass off, wears outrageous outfits, and doesn't give a shit what people think. You could say the same for Mick Jagger, Little Richard, or even Elvis. Isn't that attitude one of the resons we love Rock N Roll?

I'm there for the music. The outfits and attitudes can be there or not. I don't care. She probably don't care what people think. Good for her. I just think it's missing the point when the attitude is your focus. Put on a cd of hers and you'll be snoring by the fifth track. Don't ever let yourself get blinded by the attitude. She's nothing more than the shell of a drunk chick that can play the piano with glitter on her face. As Gazza once put it: A glorified Coca-Cola commercial.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 19:08

JumpingKentFlash
I just think it's missing the point when the attitude is your focus. Put on a cd of hers and you'll be snoring by the fifth track. Don't ever let yourself get blinded by the attitude. .

Surely, as a Stones fan, you're joking about the attitude part.
Just like those who criticize the way she dresses, or dances.
You are rock and roll fans right? Jack White, with his retro garb and claim of authenticity, is just as much a gimmick and pose as Gaga. You just happen to like White because he looks like your definition of ROCKER and plays really loud electric guitar - and he played with the Stones.
And guess what? Now Gaga has played with the Stones.
Its the same kind of reactionary crap I used to hear about disco, and then Madonna or whoever was popular at any given time that didn't fit some standard rock definition. I you don't like it, fine...
But when some of you make stupid statements that 'she has no talent' - or that she's 'just a gimmick' you blow your credibility. This girl can sit down at a piano and sing her ass off and wipe the floor with about 95 % if today's artists.

Superrevy: What have they been saying over at the Monster sites? I'm curious too.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 19:16 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 18, 2012 19:24

Gaga's music is generally not my cup of tea but I certainly can recognize that she has a good ear for melody, writes decent pop tunes and can play and perform them well. One doesn't have to like an artist's music to recognize their talent.

Date: December 18, 2012 19:31

stupidguy2
JumpingKentFlash
I just think it's missing the point when the attitude is your focus. Put on a cd of hers and you'll be snoring by the fifth track. Don't ever let yourself get blinded by the attitude. .

You are rock and roll fans right? Jack White, with his retro garb and claim of authenticity, is just as much a gimmick and pose as Gaga. You just happen to like White because he looks like your definition of ROCKER and plays really loud electric guitar - and he played with the Stones.
Its the same kind of reactionary crap I used to hear about disco, and then Madonna or whoever was popular at any given time that didn't fit some standard rock definition. I you don't like it, fine...
But when some of you make stupid statements that 'she has no talent' - or that she's 'just a gimmick' you blow your credibility. This girl can sit down at a piano and sing her ass off and wipe the floor with about 95 % if today's artists.

thumbs upsmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 18, 2012 20:20

I give her kudos for her balance! How the hell she didn't bust her ass in those 9 foot tall kicks she was wearing saturday night is worthy of something.

Date: December 18, 2012 20:21

stupidguy2
JumpingKentFlash

Superrevy: What have they been saying over at the Monster sites? I'm curious too.

The attitude inside the music is important yes. What they wear on stage, Stones or Gaga or anybody, is entirely unimportant. You seem to thrust a certain opinion on me, that being that I should think that attitude (persona etc.) is important, and, to an extent, that I, as a rock fan, have to acknowledge that the myths and legends is important too. I never thought much of it to be honest. Was it fun to read Life with all it's swagger and legendary tales of debauchery? Of course it was. Is it important? Not really. The only thing that really counts is: Close your eyes and listen. Do you like what you hear? If it's Lady Gaga the answer is a thundering "NO". Worst part is that you've fallen for that schtick of hers. To me, listening to her, is the equivalent of watching 12 hours of Baywatch. You might like the hot girls, but when you've turned off your telly, you feel like your IQ has dropped about the same amount of digits you'll see when hell freezes over.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 18, 2012 20:47

mgguy
I give her kudos for her balance! How the hell she didn't bust her ass in those 9 foot tall kicks she was wearing saturday night is worthy of something.

+1

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 18, 2012 20:50

mgguy

She wasn't really there.. she was one of those anagram thingies.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 18, 2012 21:03

Meanwhile I don't think Gimme SHelter with Lady Gaga was musically great, I really liked to see the band stirred up, and I'd enjoy see all the Stones fans stirred up as well, if I had seen them. It's the dancing and the clothing that made it all seem so bizarre, and also that GaGa didn't really know when the lyrics were supposed to be sung. I was wondering how Jagger and Richards react to that, If Richards or Wood ever guested at a Lady Gaga concert, I think they would be much more out of place than GaGa was with RS in New York, but it a "out of time" way instead of a "out of place" way....like GaGa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 22:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 18, 2012 21:05

JumpingKentFlash
Worst part is that you've fallen for that schtick of hers.

And exactly what devious scheme has Lady Gaga cooked up that has bamboozled most of the world (except for obviously-superior musical consumers such as yourself)?

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 21:05 by jamesfdouglas.

Date: December 18, 2012 21:56

good greif

lady gaga

LMAO

and it aint gonna be long til she's in the 'where are they now' and 'lady who?' and 'completely inconsequential fluff' categories

the bottom line here is music has existed for eons and real music comes from real players. muddy waters never wore no egg costume. didnt have to. his music mattered and was all that was necesary. no stupid gimmicks. celebrities and trends are crap. lady gaga and ‘bands’ like poison are exactly equal, they appeal to some pinheads somewhere. that’s it, that’s all. its meaningless. if music is going to survive this apocalyptic age, it's got to be more than lipstick and costuming departments. it has to be about the notes played by actual musicians. musicians ike muddy fucken waters. but I don't think you'll get what I mean. the masses are too stupified.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 21:58 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 18, 2012 22:23

Wow, I must be getting REALLY old because I did not pick up on her " bending at the waist" implications at all...and obviously Mick didn't either!! You may be reading way too much into that gesture or posture...
I don't mind her really but I did mind her changing lyrics a bit and returning to the same refrain " Rape, Murder...etc"...and I bet Mick was glad when that number was over. I am sure he was tense, to say the least. I was GLAD when it ended because it could have gone wrong in an instant, in front of billions of viewers....tripping and knocking Mick over, falling off the stage with her stupid shoes, gagging Mick with her wig etc....

Date: December 18, 2012 22:26

kind of embarrassing to be a stones fan when they prance around with some nobody attention seeker like gaga .. i have no idea why they lower themselves like that, there's no need to

Date: December 18, 2012 22:37

She was fantastic. She added spice and spontaneity to an otherwise dull lineup of 'guests' in jeans and plaid shirts. The 1975 Mick Jagger would have worn what she wore. I feel sorry for anyone too old to appreciate the new, and the old.

Date: December 18, 2012 22:42

I feel sorry for anyone too old to appreciate the new, and the old.

i feel sorry for anyone unable to distinguish good, if not classic, from disposable crap;

there's LOTS of good new young artists

gag me just aint one of em

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 22:42 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Date: December 18, 2012 22:52

jamesfdouglas
JumpingKentFlash
Worst part is that you've fallen for that schtick of hers.

And exactly what devious scheme has Lady Gaga cooked up that has bamboozled most of the world (except for obviously-superior musical consumers such as yourself)?

Wasn't it Adolf @#$%& who said that the bigger the lie, the more people will believe in it? I'm not a superior music consumer at all. I just think she's way too much of a product made only to make money.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 18, 2012 23:44

stupidguy2

sg2, I didn't do a big survey, I just went over to one of her forums and read
about five or six pages of comments.

1) they were very proud of her. they are a bit restless, they were worried about
her weight gain, and her new album keeps getting delayed. but she thrilled them
with her performance, and lifted their spirits.

2) as i said earlier, they were amazed that the stones audience accepted her
as well as they did, even though she was in full GAGA mode. i think they expected
what i expected, that she would go retro, like she did with Tony Bennett, in
order to be more accepted.

3) in those fifty or sixty comments i read NOT ONE WORD NEGATIVE ABOUT THE
STONES. I counted exactly one person who knew enough about the stones to be
termed even a semi-fan, but they are a very respectful bunch. Even if they
don't know or like the stones music, to them the stones are legends, and
you don't trash talk legends.

4) i went back and watched/listened to some more of her music. I still dislike
it very much. But now that I've also watched the PPV for the second time,
thanks to Gaga, gimme shelter for me is by far the highlight of the show.
I may not like her music, but she is a very good singer and a wonderful
performer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 23:50 by superrevvy.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:20

24FPS
The 1975 Mick Jagger would have worn what she wore.

Or paraded a giant inflateable penis onto the stage and then proceed to ride it.
Some of the criticisms are funny aren't they?
These are Rolling Stones fans: Image, gimmicks, selling sex, attitude, over-the-top antics, feather boas and tiaras......remember Mick's Midnight Rambler 'go down on me baby...' line from the early 70s?
Sound like a bunch of Church Ladys....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 00:22 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home