Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:32

appearance on The Sopranos...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:32

superrevvy
stupidguy2
Superrevy: What have they been saying over at the Monster sites? I'm curious too.

sg2, I didn't do a big survey, I just went over to one of her forums and read
about five or six pages of comments.

1) they were very proud of her. they are a bit restless, they were worried about
her weight gain, and her new album keeps getting delayed. but she thrilled them
with her performance, and lifted their spirits.

2) as i said earlier, they were amazed that the stones audience accepted her
as well as they did, even though she was in full GAGA mode. i think they expected
what i expected, that she would go retro, like she did with Tony Bennett, in
order to be more accepted.

3) in those fifty or sixty comments i read NOT ONE WORD NEGATIVE ABOUT THE
STONES. I counted exactly one person who knew enough about the stones to be
termed even a semi-fan, but they are a very respectful bunch. Even if they
don't know or like the stones music, to them the stones are legends, and
you don't trash talk legends.

4) i went back and watched/listened to some more of her music. I still dislike
it very much. But now that I've also watched the PPV for the second time,
thanks to Gaga, gimme shelter for me is by far the highlight of the show.
I may not like her music, but she is a very good singer and a wonderful
performer.

They're a loyal bunch, and she does something for them, just like the Stones do something for us, for many of us.
I can't stand this moral majority of rock fans who think only they know what real music is. And I lose respect for artists who trash talk other artists they feel are beneath them. Recenly, Jack White, he of the loud guitar, ghost-white makeup and austere get-up, said Gaga wasn't real or some such nonsense. I like much of White's music, but lost respect for him.
Gaga is open to everybody and there is something endearing about that. She's the one using her fame to raise awareness against bullying etc...
Jack White needs just STFU and play.
Superrevy,
I prefer stripped down Gaga to the Queen-like bombast of her radio hits and mammoth concerts. I think she has fun with image and personas and hope she moves into a more simple direction. She's got the talent to do anything she wants.

Has authenticity been lost in contemporary pop?
Carole King: Interestingly, Lady Gaga came backstage when we were in Australia. You might say, “That’s the quintessential example of bells and whistles.” But Lady Gaga is authentically who she is, and I have so much respect for her and her talent. If you took away all the costumes, she would still be a great performer.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:49

stupidguy2
24FPS
The 1975 Mick Jagger would have worn what she wore.
Or paraded a giant inflateable penis onto the stage and then proceed to ride it.
Some of the criticisms are funny aren't they?
These are Rolling Stones fans: Image, gimmicks, selling sex, attitude, over-the-top antics, feather boas and tiaras......remember Mick's Midnight Rambler 'go down on me baby...' line from the early 70s?
Sound like a bunch of Church Ladys....

I can see what you're saying, but he didn't pull out the penis on a more serious/somber song like GS, he did it during Star Star (correct me if I"m wrong on that one, pretty sure that's when he did it).

If she dressed that way to sing for say, Start Me Up or say, Brown Sugar, then have at it. Totally fine by me. But it's just out of place on GS, Sympathy etc.

Besides, it's kind of like family. It's ok for Mick to goof up/bastardize his own songs because they're his, but it's not ok for other people.

In any event, I just showed the video to a girl I work with, who is not a RSs fan. She likes Lady Gaga. I didn't say anything related to my opinion, I just showed it to her. You know what she said? "OMG, all I can think about is if she is going to fall on her ass with those shoes".

See - very distracting - too distracting IMHO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 00:52 by CindyC.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:49

Well no matter what anyone says... they sure say a lot of it... 8 pages... and counting

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:54

The Truth Is Out There.

Date: December 19, 2012 01:09

CindyC
stupidguy2
24FPS
The 1975 Mick Jagger would have worn what she wore.
Or paraded a giant inflateable penis onto the stage and then proceed to ride it.
Some of the criticisms are funny aren't they?
These are Rolling Stones fans: Image, gimmicks, selling sex, attitude, over-the-top antics, feather boas and tiaras......remember Mick's Midnight Rambler 'go down on me baby...' line from the early 70s?
Sound like a bunch of Church Ladys....

I can see what you're saying, but he didn't pull out the penis on a more serious/somber song like GS, he did it during Star Star (correct me if I"m wrong on that one, pretty sure that's when he did it).

If she dressed that way to sing for say, Start Me Up or say, Brown Sugar, then have at it. Totally fine by me. But it's just out of place on GS, Sympathy etc.

Besides, it's kind of like family. It's ok for Mick to goof up/bastardize his own songs because they're his, but it's not ok for other people.

In any event, I just showed the video to a girl I work with, who is not a RSs fan. She likes Lady Gaga. I didn't say anything related to my opinion, I just showed it to her. You know what she said? "OMG, all I can think about is if she is going to fall on her ass with those shoes".

See - very distracting - too distracting IMHO.

Cindy, I never disagree with you and this is killing me.
I hate that we disagree....but hey, we can agree to disagree.

Date: December 19, 2012 01:20

stupidguy2

HAHAHA don't worry about it! I know my view on this is kind of "bitchy", but it's my favorite song and the fact is she did kinda ruin it for me. She didn't ruin my whole night, it was still a great show.

I don't hate her now for it, and I liked that she stayed and danced in the crowd.

I tell you what ruined the night a bit more though... I had two couples on a double date standing next to me. The ladies were fine, they were into it, but the 2 guys were total stiffs. Banker types, definitely got free tickets from a connection. Not fans at all. The two guys spent most of the night getting drinks. Since they had to keep going past me and my friend it was kinda of annoying and they never said excuse me once. It took one of the guys about 8 drinks before he finally loosened up enough to clap. The only time they got really excited was when Bruce came out, then they left to get drinks again. Oh, he spent most of the next texting people too. There was a reporter behind me and I thought he was going to strangle them both. Big waste of tickets on those two sack-less dweebs.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:38

I wonder if there will be a baby gaga on the way...

...just kidding...

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 19, 2012 04:12

If so, they should name him/her Goo Goo.

(I did NOT just say that. Good night, everyone. And God Bless!)

Date: December 19, 2012 04:21

CindyC
stupidguy2

HAHAHA don't worry about it! I know my view on this is kind of "bitchy", but it's my favorite song and the fact is she did kinda ruin it for me. She didn't ruin my whole night, it was still a great show.

I don't hate her now for it, and I liked that she stayed and danced in the crowd.

I tell you what ruined the night a bit more though... I had two couples on a double date standing next to me. The ladies were fine, they were into it, but the 2 guys were total stiffs. Banker types, definitely got free tickets from a connection. Not fans at all. The two guys spent most of the night getting drinks. Since they had to keep going past me and my friend it was kinda of annoying and they never said excuse me once. It took one of the guys about 8 drinks before he finally loosened up enough to clap. The only time they got really excited was when Bruce came out, then they left to get drinks again. Oh, he spent most of the next texting people too. There was a reporter behind me and I thought he was going to strangle them both. Big waste of tickets on those two sack-less dweebs.

People wearing suits should not allowed into a concert or sports event unless they have a legimate reason for wearing it.
It just sucks the life out of everything doesn't it?
It's like when you watch a basketball game and in the front row are all these corporate types.
And there you go: you found something redeeming about Gaga: she was just another fan grooving along with band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 04:23 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 04:24

CindyC
treaclefingers
Well, she seems to have stirred up a lot of emotion on whether you liked her or not, so...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, as far as she was concerned, and I bet as far as Mick was concerned.

I'm glad they chose her...wasn't the best version ever but it was entertaining, even to watch.

Since when is a Rolling Stones show supposed to be about the visual spectacle? If that's all I wanted, i could go to the light show at the planetarium.

But your post leads me to more questions: Why would stirring up emotion even be one of her missions? Why would Mick want that? If it's soley to create a memorable performance, then yes, I remember it, but I would think they would want a positive memory, not a negative one.

huh?

Since when has a Rolling Stones show not been a visual spectacle?
Don't think you've thought that one through.

As far as your going to a planetarium, that is within your list of choices in spending your entertainment dollar.

As far as asking why stirring up emotions is one of her missions, I don't have the answer to that, perhaps you could do the research, but obviously she's doing it, even to you.

As I said, mission accomplished.

Date: December 19, 2012 04:27

mickschix
Wow, I must be getting REALLY old because I did not pick up on her " bending at the waist" implications at all...and obviously Mick didn't either!! You may be reading way too much into that gesture or posture...
I don't mind her really but I did mind her changing lyrics a bit and returning to the same refrain " Rape, Murder...etc"...and I bet Mick was glad when that number was over. I am sure he was tense, to say the least. I was GLAD when it ended because it could have gone wrong in an instant, in front of billions of viewers....tripping and knocking Mick over, falling off the stage with her stupid shoes, gagging Mick with her wig etc....

I'm laffing mickschix because that is exactly what I though all the way through the number. Please don't fall, please don't fall, please don't fall...it was as entertaining as hell, especially seeing the strained smile on Mick.

Not sure that was entirely what he bargained for!

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 19, 2012 11:42

someone on youtube pointed out a perhaps intentional ziggy stardust reference...

yeah, i now think its beyond coincidental

in one of her tweets, she says her years dancing and stripping on the tops of bars
in stillettos were very good training

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 11:46 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2012 11:45

Vertical stripes help make ya look taller that's all....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:09

This is my fav:

2 1 2 0

Lady Gaga backstage at the Stones gig and her amazing autographed tour jacket
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 19, 2012 10:10

Lady Gaga with the Stones backstage. She got them to autograph her leather jacket. Bet that's worth a fortune.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Lady Gaga backstage at the Stones gig and her amazing autographed tour jacket
Date: December 19, 2012 10:19

....Your place or mine?........ HuhHuh

ROCKMAN

Re: Lady Gaga backstage at the Stones gig and her amazing autographed tour jacket
Date: December 19, 2012 10:20

Rockman
....Your place or mine?........ HuhHuh

thumbs up

Date: December 19, 2012 10:25

ROCKMAN

Date: December 19, 2012 10:31

that's great...thanks Silver Dagger & Rockman.

Good think she wore the black stillettos..the red ones, though a bigger heel look a little less stable on the sole.

Date: December 19, 2012 10:37

....GlamRox has just informed me that .....

The girl with Gaga and Ronnie in the third pic is Gaga's longtime friend/groupie/fellow performer, Lady Starlight.

ROCKMAN

Date: December 19, 2012 10:38

Rockman

The girl with Gaga and Ronnie in the third pic is Gaga's longtime friend/groupie/fellow performer, Lady Starlight.

I mistook her for Ronnie's kid sister

Date: December 19, 2012 10:49

..... Don't mess with GlamRox she knows her Gaga......

[en.wikipedia.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:06

3rd pic : the "lady" at the right seems to be a Cronenberg-ian mix of Ron and Gaga...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 19, 2012 15:57

Rockman

That's a dude, right?

Anyway, Gaga spent a lot of time in the crowd (not the pit) sandwiched among fans, rocking out to the warhorses. I think she's great.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:09

They'll be gaga at the gogo when they see her in her toga,
Her toga meade of blond, brilliantined, biblical hair.
Her hair like Jesus wore it, Halleluja she adores it,
Halleluja Mary loved her son, why don't her mother love her hair?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:37

Rockman

Is this pic photoshopped? Gaga looked slightly fatter the other night ...

C

Date: December 19, 2012 18:16

that leather coat is totally cool.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 19, 2012 18:34

liddas
Rockman

Is this pic photoshopped? Gaga looked slightly fatter the other night ...

C

Who is the half face lady in the left side of the mirror behind Gaga?

Frau Blucher?

C

Date: December 19, 2012 18:49

perhaps some ovaltine???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home