Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Lady Gaga
Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:18

Is she really a fan? I can't picture her listening to Muddy Waters or Robert Johnson, B.B King, Buddy Guy etc.
The Rolling Stones are timeless, Lady whatever, her time is a flash in the pan.

Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:28

Do you have to pass a test to become a fan?
You don't listen to BB King? Sorry, you can't listen to The Stones.

Mick called her, not the other way around.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:31

Why can't you picture her listening to those artists? who do you think she likes? Is there a rule that guests with the stones have to like the blues?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:37

Charlie mentioned some years back that he liked her. Who she listens to doesn't matter. She's a great performer and I for one am looking forward to her song, whatever it may be, with the Stones...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:48

ChrisM
She's a great performer and I for one am looking forward to her song, whatever it may be, with the Stones...

I hope she'll guest on "2120 South Michigan Avenue"... Our eardrums will be preserved! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:49

I'm not quite sure there's so much Lady Gaga bashing going on. She's a good piano player, and excellent writer (albeit of pop songs), and has a good set of pipes. I'm looking forward to seeing her with the Stones tonight.

I don't think she's a flash in the pan, either. But only time will tell. She's paid her dues - doing a lot of clubs on the Lower Eastside when she started out. Some of her earlier influences were rhythm and blues but for whatever reason, it didn't take so she followed more of a glam-rock path influenced by Bowie and Freddie Mercury.

But Yes - I think her outfits are outrageous and I'm definitely not into that kind of stuff. But from what I understand, she sees herself as a performance artist.

Did everyone get so upset when Christine Aguilera sang with the Stones during Shine a Light? I'm just not getting the animosity towards Gaga.

I saw her in concert (on HBO) - my daughter is a fan. I thought it was a good show.

Let's just relax and get ready for a GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!!smoking smiley

Date: December 15, 2012 18:51

This is a great marketing move. Your gonna get parents who might be on the fence or never thought of purchasing the PPV. Now they have their kids wanting them to purchase the PPV so they can see Lady GaGa. It also expands the fan base. Great move on Micks part. Hope the boo birds are at a minimum when she comes on. It would ruin the broadcast even though some think her there ruins the broadcast already. Jusy my opinion.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:06

I'm interested in hearing it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:30

With all the time she must spend figuring out what she's going to wear next, it's hard to imagine she's got time for much of anything else.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:49

[email protected]
This is a great marketing move. Your gonna get parents who might be on the fence or never thought of purchasing the PPV. Now they have their kids wanting them to purchase the PPV so they can see Lady GaGa. It also expands the fan base. Great move on Micks part.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

thumbs up

Date: December 15, 2012 19:55

Stones fans would more often than not be the grandparents of Gaga fans.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:02

sonyzzz
Is she really a fan? I can't picture her listening to Muddy Waters or Robert Johnson, B.B King, Buddy Guy etc.

Neither do most 'Stones fans'. Dont kid yourself otherwise.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:42

Gazza
sonyzzz

Another stern, humorless one liner? btw- do you have stats on Stones fan's music tastes?

I wonder, these days it seems that you spend most of your time posting on your own website, and you usually seem to type longer and more pleasant posts on Rocks Off... while it seems that you only come to IORR when you are in a bad mood to post stern one liners, trying to put people in thier places, trying to tell people what (you think) is what. Not like the good ole Gazza who used to do more than just reply to other people posts. I miss that good ole guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 20:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 15, 2012 20:55

sonyzzz

That's what they said about Madonna .... thirty years ago.

Date: December 15, 2012 20:58

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
sonyzzz

Another stern, humorless one liner? btw- do you have stats on Stones fan's music tastes?

I wonder, these days it seems that you spend most of your time posting on your own website, and you usually seem to type longer and more pleasant posts on Rocks Off... while it seems that you only come to IORR when you are in a bad mood to post stern one liners, trying to put people in thier places, trying to tell people what (you think) is what. Not like the good ole Gazza who used to do more than just reply to other people posts. I miss that good ole guy.

What Gazza said is true, Max. Threads about Muddy Waters haven't exactly lite up this board, not even the ones about the Checkerboard Lounge DVD.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:07

tatters
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
sonyzzz

What Gazza said is true, Max. Threads about Muddy Waters haven't exactly lite up this board, not even the ones about the Checkerboard Lounge DVD.

No what he said is not true... doesnt apply to EVERY Stones fan.
I just watched that whole Checkerboard show the other night, Buddy Guy is amazing... Seen BB King several times... who hasnt/doenst listen to Robert Johnson? there was not need to make vast generalizations... unless that feels really cool to say... but what I said is true.... stats? look at the post history... then look on Rocks Off... if I didnt like him, used to like to read his posts, I wouldnt give a fk enough to care or post about it.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:11

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
sonyzzz

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. Thank you so much for your in-depth stalker-esque analysis.

Maybe I should have kept stats on how many arguments you've started on here?

Especially in this case when my post wasn't even directed at you.

I'll stand by what I said. Most Stones concert attendees in 2012 probably listen to very little blues music, or none at all.

Aside from when they bring on a guest performer, how often do the Stones ever play this sort of music anymore?

Most people nowadays don't get into the Stones via some connection with blues music.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:12

Max'sKansasCity

No what he said is not true... doesnt apply to EVERY Stones fan..

I didnt say it did. Read it again.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:16

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
sonyzzz

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. Thank you so much for your in-depth stalker-esque analysis.

Maybe I should have kept stats on how many arguments you've started on here?

Especially in this case when my post wasn't even directed at you.

I'll stand by what I said. Most Stones concert attendees in 2012 probably listen to very little blues music, or none at all.

Aside from when they bring on a guest performer, how often do the Stones ever play this sort of music anymore?

Most people nowadays don't get into the Stones via some connection with blues music.

When you say most Stones fans that includes me.

Present whatever you care to on what argument you think I started. I only get nasty when someone cames at me, typically I try to make my comments about music or artist, not directed at certain posters.... but you have come at me with your one liners, out of the blue.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:16

Gazza

Except in the very early days, they never really did. They got into the blues, if they got into it at all, through being Rolling Stones fans, and wanting to hear the records that had influenced the Stones.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:17

This will be my favorite poster, ...perhaps ...

[twitter.com]

And I'm drinking some spanish red red wine now,
just started ... grinning smiley

Date: December 15, 2012 21:17

Max'sKansasCity

Present whatever you care to on what argument you think I started. I only get nasty when someone cames at me, typically I try to make my comments about music or artist, not directed at certain posters.... but you have come at me with your one liners, out of the blue.

Its only because I love you so much.

I'll base my opinions on 'most' Stones fans from my own experience of concert attendees. I wouldnt put the people on these boards - even you - in that category.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:18 by Gazza.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:18

I posted what I did to point out what I see you doing, not stalking, but through the natural course of posting/reading here, if you are offended, then... look it over.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:20

tatters
Gazza

Except in the very early days, they never really did. They got into the blues, if they got into it at all, through being Rolling Stones fans, and wanting to hear the records that had influenced the Stones.

Exactly - and I'd include myself in that. And most of them clearly don't bother. Record sales for that sort of music would suggest that most people's experience of Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson etc is through covers by more modern artists.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:20

Max'sKansasCity
I posted what I did to point out what I see you doing, not stalking, but through the natural course of posting/reading here, if you are offended, then... look it over.

Offended? LOL

Date: December 15, 2012 21:21

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity

Its only because I love you so much.

I'll base my opinions on 'most' Stones fans from my own experience of concert attendees. I wouldnt put the people on these boards - even you - in that category.

Come on... you cant trust those tourist at shows...

and it is (it was) a better board when you (used to) post more often and do more than one liners... that is a compliment to you.... and I dont usually dont give a fk enough to say that to many people around here.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:25

Hey its Christmas, Max and there's a tour on..what can I say, I'm a busy man.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:27

- yeah maybe, depends who the 'attendees' are though. those over 50 like me? i still listen to tons and tons of blues. its by far my favorite music. i'm wagering i'm probly not alone on that one. i'm listening to an old nighthawks record right now, actually. some of the younger fans might not... might not of even heard of those old blues guys. ..

Lady whatever, her time is a flash in the pan.

That's what they said about Madonna .... thirty years ago.

- yeah, perhaps, but for me that's the whole problem i have with lady gaga...she reminds me of a cross between Marilyn Manson and Madonna, and I was less than impressed. felt like a gimmick to me, not true creative expression; she didn't have her own identity, she'd taken over two others

i know people that absoluetly adore and love lady gaga...but wouldn't go near Exile on Main St with a barge pole...which tells me about all i need to know

anyway, far as i'm concerned shes a flash in the pan making no difference in the long run of the history of music

Date: December 15, 2012 21:27

Gazza
Hey its Christmas, Max and there's a tour on..what can I say, I'm a busy man.

OK... then I stand by what I said...
it wasnt an insult... it was just sayin.

Happy Holidays

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:35

Is everyone just a little on edge and jittery, getting no sleep, worrying about/excited about the concert tonight, so we're at each other's throats?

The good news is we can shift to holiday spirit mood by about midnight east coast time.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home