Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 51 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:30

diannelebolt
Disappointing.
Where was Blondee Chapman?
where was the horn section, bobby keyes?
the set was bland.
they may as well have been palying in a highschool auditorium.
What a horrible dull opening compared to what I am used to.
Maybe they should quit while they are ahead.
and I am an avid Stones fan.

What, you've got to be kidding me???? Please pass me some of what you're smoking!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 28, 2012 07:15

Can anyone provide info about the quality of the obstructed seats? They show in Newark and Brooklyn like they would not be able to see the stage or at least the area where the drum riser is located.

What appeard to be the cutoff section for reasonable sightlines.

Date: November 28, 2012 11:36

diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.

Blondie Chaplin is not in the line up this time.

Bobby Keys and Tim Ries were there. Michael Davis and Kent Smith were not in the line up.

Date: November 28, 2012 11:40

Duane in Houston
diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.
I'm not disappointed as I thought it would be like this but in several ways it's actually worse than I expected. I think the stage is atrocious. There are few if any video screens so I'm thinking the people towards the back couldn't see shit. The stage lighting looked quite unimpressive as well. I think Keith and Ronnie are playing about as well as they can, which isn't that great anymore & Ronnie just keeps playing the same run through the particular song of that moment. The arrangements are very Vegasy and un rock-n-roll like, they should play 'em like they did in '69-'73. Worst of all is Mick's "singing", it's ridiculous! His voice has gotten shrill over the years and he seems intent on re-working his vocals to any particular song to the point where it's almost unrecognizable from the original version. Why can't he just sing them the way thay were recorded? I can give or take the horn section etc. if it goes with the song. I also think I Wanna Be Your Man was the worst opener I've ever heard them do, totally inappropriate and unimpressive. They need to open with one of their top five songs and do an early sixties set somewhere in the middle almost, after Keiths warbling and then go into the killer stuff to close out. The 2 new songs are a waste of 2 slots. Shitcan those and put 2 killer songs in there instead as less than 1% of attendees want to hear Doonm And Gloom. So, the setlist and running order needs to be re-worked,they need Wyman and Taylor in there much more and they need to get their money back for that God-awful stage and Toilet Seat pit.

Were you there, Duane?

Using the tongue as the video screen was perfect, so was the stage lighting!

They played their best show in years, and large parts of the show was without backing musicians, or a minimum of that. What did you expect from 70 year olds, exactly?

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 12:53

toomuchforme

Hey toomuchforme,
Great photos! I have been looking for some photos of block 113 where I was sitting (that's behind the horn section). Do you have some of those?
Thanks!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 28, 2012 13:01

Can someone tell me where they sell Ronnie's shoes?

C

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 28, 2012 13:47

Just remembered - Mick J's joke that "now we're going to play the whole of Their Satanic Majesties Request". Thought we were in for a treat for a moment.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:42

Duane in Houston
diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.
I'm not disappointed as I thought it would be like this but in several ways it's actually worse than I expected. I think the stage is atrocious. There are few if any video screens so I'm thinking the people towards the back couldn't see shit. The stage lighting looked quite unimpressive as well. I think Keith and Ronnie are playing about as well as they can, which isn't that great anymore & Ronnie just keeps playing the same run through the particular song of that moment. The arrangements are very Vegasy and un rock-n-roll like, they should play 'em like they did in '69-'73. Worst of all is Mick's "singing", it's ridiculous! His voice has gotten shrill over the years and he seems intent on re-working his vocals to any particular song to the point where it's almost unrecognizable from the original version. Why can't he just sing them the way thay were recorded? I can give or take the horn section etc. if it goes with the song. I also think I Wanna Be Your Man was the worst opener I've ever heard them do, totally inappropriate and unimpressive. They need to open with one of their top five songs and do an early sixties set somewhere in the middle almost, after Keiths warbling and then go into the killer stuff to close out. The 2 new songs are a waste of 2 slots. Shitcan those and put 2 killer songs in there instead as less than 1% of attendees want to hear Doonm And Gloom. So, the setlist and running order needs to be re-worked,they need Wyman and Taylor in there much more and they need to get their money back for that God-awful stage and Toilet Seat pit.

Sorry but were we actually at the same show. The new songs are great, the set list superb, the running order perfect. I really can't see what's not to like.......You can't please all the people all the time I guess.....

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:00

steel driving hammer
Gazza nice to see you in the Sun paper and that your seeing the Stones!

Enjoy to the MAX.

Cheers, Tony. Hope youre well. drop me a line sometime.

my short report
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:46

my short report:

having not gained a Pit ticket during the presale and continuously looking for new ones to be released I was very doubtful to go to the show.
On Saturday evening at 22:00pm I had a last look at a reseller side and one Pit ticket finally drop down to 550 pounds + 130 pounds booking fee. At 22:20 I told my wife: I just booked a ticket and a flight, see you on monday, love. (-;

As my flight from Germany was delayed, I skipped to go to the Pilot In (and to finnally see the other IORRs in person) and went straight to the O2.

Much to my surprise there was about no queueing in front of the entrance ( section B ) to the Pit one hour before doors opened! (normally I spend several hours to end somewhere in row 10...) Not this time: I was about one of the first to enter the fascinating Pit! As most of you already know: this show was so excellent and professional. So just a few additional personal comments and observations from a guy about 1-2 m away from the main actors:

Jagger: still kicks ass and is jumping around like my 8 years old daughter. He is so good in being Mick Jagger that I cannot imagine him to stop performing ever. His looks changed but not his power. At the last part of the show before the encores I had the feeling that his voice was getting a bit weaker (but recovered for the encores). Was not problem for this great show but might be for a longer tour! All in all: excellent Mick!

Keith: so glad to see him in much much better shape than in most of the 2007 European concerts (Frankfurt i.e.)! A real miracle! In 2007 he could not sing and play at the same time: and now: great versions of Happy and Before They make me Run! Nothing to complain about Keith anymore! Absolutely no need for Blondie Chapman to be present fo additional guitar work! Keith, you're still the greatest!

Ronnie: who saw his Bluesfest show this year and his show at the Ambassadors already noticed: Ronnie is in best playing condition ever and could carry a show on his own!

Charlie: same for Charlie: he was smiling even more than at his ABC&D of Boogie Woogie shows this year! I cannot believe he really would like to stop!

Bill: Nice to see him on the stage with the rest of the band! First time for me, but not too spectacular.

Mick Taylor: Damn, now I understand all those talking about "get Mick Taylor back". His playing and posing was way much better than at his solo concerts I saw. During Midnight Rambler his playing was so virtuous that all the other player on the stage had to move (ashamed?) to the background. Should be a permanent guest on any future show, but that's just wishful dreaming smiling smiley

The stage: This was the best Stones stage ever. Inside the pit it was even more intimate than at the club gigs in 2002/3. The video animations, the shape, the lightning, even the people outside the pit must have been quite impressed. (I am still wondering how/when the lips were removed during the show.)

All in all: the playing was excellent, and I think the excellent production and costly stage design and all those video animations are a secure evidence this will continue for next year or even longer! These efforts were not done for a 5 shows thing.

Funny things to mention that were visible from my place:
* Keith is storing plectrons between his teeths.
* for several times a couple of (Stones? grand-?) children entered the area between the stage and the barrier and left after a couple of songs. From their looks I'd say one was a daughter of Mick and Jerry (looking very young) together with a couple of friends and very young boy (who was sitting partly on her womb). They were standing/sitting next to me at the other side of the barrier. Obviously they were having a great time, dancing and clapping their hands! (They reentered several times.)
* Once Keith moved forward and looked at the kids and stuck his tongue to them tongue sticking out smiley, smiling. The audience might have thought that the tongue sticking was relted to them, no, it was for the kids! tongue sticking out smiley
* Later a woman and a child moved in. They stayed during Bill's songs, so I assume it was his wife and kid.
* For VIPs: I think a spotted Pete Doherty entering the audience.

Thanks again for this great evening and please reuse the great stage setup for a next year tour!

@BV thanks for your great page and all of your great reports. If you like to you can of cause use (some of) my remarks here for the concert report page. I also have some nice pictures taken from my position. (I am a bit sorry that I did not take the chance to meet you in person for the first time. I was really wondering where all the IORRs stayd when I started to queue)

Hope to see you at the next RS concert in continental Europe (-;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-29 00:49 by Stoneswolf.

Re: my short report
Date: November 28, 2012 19:19

Stoneswolf
my short report:

having not gained a Pit ticket during the presale and continuously looking for new ones to be released I was very doubtful to go to the show.
On Saturday evening at 22:00pm I had a last look at a reseller side and one Pit ticket finally drop down to 550 pounds + 130 pounds booking fee. At 22:20 I told my wife: I just booked a ticket and a flight, see you on monday, love. (-;

As my flight from Germany was delayed, I skipped to go to the Pilot In (and to finnally see the other IORRs in person) and went straight to the O2.

Much to my surprise there was about no queueing in front of the entrance ( section B ) to the Pit one hour before doors opened! (normally I spend several hours to end somewhere in row 10...) Not this time: I was about one of the first to enter the fascinating Pit! As most of you already know: this show was so excellent and professional. So just a few additional personal comments and observations from a guy about 1-2 m away from the main actors:

Jagger: still kicks ass and is jumping around like my 8 years old daughter. He is so good in being Mick Jagger that I cannot imagine him to stop performing ever. His looks changed but not his power. At the last part of the show before the encores I had the feeling that his voice was getting a bit weaker (but recovered for the encores). Was not problem for this great show but might be for a longer tour! All in all: excellent Mick!

Keith: so glad to see him in much much better shape than in most of the 2007 European concerts (Frankfurt i.e.)! A real miracle! In 2007 he could not sing and play at the same time: and now: great versions of Happy and Before They make me Run! Nothing to complain about Keith anymore! Absolutely no need for Blondie Chapman to be present fo additional guitar work! Keith, you're still the greatest!

Ronnie: who saw his Bluesfest show this year and his show at the Ambassadors already noticed: Ronnie is in best playing condition ever and could carry a show on his own!

Charlie: same for Charlie: he was smiling even more than at his ABC&D of Boogie Woogie shows this year! I cannot believe he really would like to stop!

Bill: Nice to see him on the stage with the rest of the band! First time for me, but not too spectacular.

Mick Taylor: Damn, now I understand all those talking about "get Mick Taylor back". His playing and posing was way much better than at his solo concerts I saw. During Midnight Rambler his playing was so virtuous that all the other player on the stage had to move (ashamed?) to the background. Should be a permanent guest on any future show, but that's just wishful dreaming smiling smiley

The stage: This was the best Stones stage ever. Inside the pit it was even more intimate than at the club gigs in 2002/3. The video animations, the shape, the lightning, even the people outside the pit must have been quite impressed. (I am still wondering how/when the lips were removed during the show.)

All in all: the playing was excellent, and I think the excellent production and costly stage design and all those video animations are a secure evidence this will continue for next year or even longer! These efforts were not done for a 5 shows thing.

* for several times a couple of (Stones? grand-?) children entered the area between the stage and the barrier and left after a couple of songs. From their looks I'd say one was a daughter of Mick and Jerry (but looked very young) together with a couple of friends and very young boy (how was sitting partly on her womb). They were standing/sitting next to me at the other side of the barrier. Obviously they were having a great time, dancing and clapping their hands! (They reentered several times.)
* Once Keith moved forward and looked at the kids and stuck his tongue to them tongue sticking out smiley, smiling. The audience might have thought that the tongue sticking was relted to them, no, it was for the kids! tongue sticking out smiley
* Later a woman and a child moved in. They stayed during Bill's songs, so I assume it was his wife and kid.

Thanks again for this great evening and please reuse the great stage setup for e next year tour!

@BV thanks for your great page and all of your great reports. If you like to you can of cause use (some of) my remarks here for the concert report page. I also have some nice pictures taken from my position. (I am a bit sorry that I did not take the chance to meet you in person for the first time. I was really wondering where all the IORRs stayd when I started to queue)

Great report stoneswolf. I was sat very near Mick Jagger's kids and Georgia, more than any of the others, kept moving between the pit and her seat with a friend. James Jagger, Lizzie Jagger and Jerry Hall were also sat there. And at one point L'wren Scott came out to say hello to the Jagger clan.
There was a real touching moment when Lizzie and James danced together and sang along as their dad walked by on the lip part of the stage.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:57

Stoneswolf
for several times a couple of (Stones? grand-?) children entered the area between the stage and the barrier and left after a couple of songs. From their looks I'd say one was a daughter of Mick and Jerry (but looked very young) together with a couple of friends and very young boy (how was sitting partly on her womb).

Thanks for the report. I saw these people moving around too and sitting on the "steps" of the barrier just to my right. I wonder if it wasn't Angela (Dandelion) Richards and her children?

Please send me a link to your pictures when you put them up, thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 21:06

What a show it was.
Bill and Mick T returning, the energy in the 60's songs and the version of YCAGWYW were my highlights.

I was in Block 113. Tickets were 150GBP through the fan presale.

Before the show there was a lot of doubt what the view would be like.
It was fantastic. See pictures below, the backstage parts are cool.

The block was filled with "fan presale tickets", maybe that's why Mick was paying us quite some attention!
Am still searching for picturs of us in block 113!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 28, 2012 22:27

liddas
Can someone tell me where they sell Ronnie's shoes?

C

I think he gives them to the Salvation Army in Encino when he's done with them and they sell them, so try there.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: November 28, 2012 22:46

nice pics!
Do I see a guy filming in the pic with Bill?
What's the guy doing right behind Chuck?

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 23:06

I really like the Tumbling Dice solo. Sweet smooth slow bends.
Almost pedal steel sounding.

Nice job Ronnie!

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: November 28, 2012 23:17

Fuman2
I really like the Tumbling Dice solo. Sweet smooth slow bends.
Almost pedal steel sounding.

Nice job Ronnie!
y

Yes the magic of his B Bender, love it

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 28, 2012 23:58

Silver Dagger
Stoneswolf
my short report:

* for several times a couple of (Stones? grand-?) children entered the area between the stage and the barrier and left after a couple of songs. From their looks I'd say one was a daughter of Mick and Jerry (but looked very young) together with a couple of friends and very young boy (how was sitting partly on her womb). They were standing/sitting next to me at the other side of the barrier. Obviously they were having a great time, dancing and clapping their hands! (They reentered several times.)

Thanks again for this great evening and please reuse the great stage setup for e next year tour!

Great report stoneswolf. I was sat very near Mick Jagger's kids and Georgia, more than any of the others, kept moving between the pit and her seat with a friend. James Jagger, Lizzie Jagger and Jerry Hall were also sat there. And at one point L'wren Scott came out to say hello to the Jagger clan.
There was a real touching moment when Lizzie and James danced together and sang along as their dad walked by on the lip part of the stage.

Thanks for the your reports Silver Dagger and Stoneswolf
How was Mick's singing and perfomance during the whole show?
There is so many talk on the board about everybody else that I start to think the gig was instrumental and Mick was on the stage only to provide some lines about "sheap seats"

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 29, 2012 00:07

Proudmary, let me assure you Jagger was phenomenal. If there is more talk about the music it probably reflects that it was much better than many people were expecting whereas we never expected anything less than brilliance from Mick and that is what we got. His singing was excellent and his performance was not noticeably different to the last time round, i.e always active but pacing himself with intermitent bouts of very high energy. I thought his dance moves were better than on BB, (see Midnight Rambler), and he ran the full length of the tongue more than once.

Date: November 29, 2012 00:18

proudmary
Silver Dagger
Stoneswolf
my short report:

Thanks for the your reports Silver Dagger and Stoneswolf
How was Mick's singing and perfomance during the whole show?
There is so many talk on the board about everybody else that I start to think the gig was instrumental and Mick was on the stage only to provide some lines about "sheap seats"

Here's 2 pix I took of James Jagger and his girlfriend watching the Stones.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 29, 2012 00:21

shattered1978
toomuchforme

Hey toomuchforme,
Great photos! I have been looking for some photos of block 113 where I was sitting (that's behind the horn section). Do you have some of those?
Thanks!

hum no I was block 405 far far from the stage sad smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2012 00:37

Not sure that looks like James Jagger? If so, he's changed his look quite a lot...

Theo, Dandelion and Lizzie Jagger came and sat down in front of the rail at one point and were coming and going for a while.

Date: November 29, 2012 00:42

some of my pics:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-29 00:51 by Stoneswolf.

Date: November 29, 2012 00:48

rebelrebel
Proudmary, let me assure you Jagger was phenomenal. If there is more talk about the music it probably reflects that it was much better than many people were expecting whereas we never expected anything less than brilliance from Mick and that is what we got. His singing was excellent and his performance was not noticeably different to the last time round, i.e always active but pacing himself with intermitent bouts of very high energy. I thought his dance moves were better than on BB, (see Midnight Rambler), and he ran the full length of the tongue more than once.

Thanks rebelrebel
To be honest, I was not so confident that Mick will be brilliant. He was breathless at the White House and looked tired after a couple of songs on SNL. In addition, many have criticized his voice in recent years. So in my oppinion the fact that he is in such a form is a surprise even more so because the entire responsibility on his shoulders
maybe I'm wrong - I judge only by video - but I thought that the performance of Paint It Black was different from all previous versions. I think he never reached this level of sincerity it was like he's singing about himself of the present day and means every word

Date: November 29, 2012 00:54

SD are you sure that's James? He looks so different on your pics

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 29, 2012 01:05

Stoneswolf
some of my pics:
Excellent pics. Thanks for posting them. Please, post the other ones.

Date: November 29, 2012 01:10

Beast
Not sure that looks like James Jagger? If so, he's changed his look quite a lot...

Theo, Dandelion and Lizzie Jagger came and sat down in front of the rail at one point and were coming and going for a while.

For me it also does not look like James Jagger. Most of you donĀ“t care anyway - BUT posting that picture twice and that size, I think there should be some proof!

Date: November 29, 2012 01:24

Georges
Stoneswolf
some of my pics:
Excellent pics. Thanks for posting them. Please, post the other ones.

ok, some more:

Doom and Gloom:

Honky Tonk Guitarmen:

Good to be here:

Ancient art of weaving:

double-Mick:

checking the audience:

Struwelpeter:

one last shot:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-29 01:31 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 29, 2012 01:38

spidey39
any audio from show to download

Bol posted an audience recording here : [www.iorr.org]

And I made a version mastered for CD from Bol's recording which can be found here : [www.iorr.org]

There's also an alternate audience recording by Strettonbull here : [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2012 01:38

Wow - you have some mean shots in there, Stoneswolf! Thanks for sharing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 51 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home