Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:40

arthritis
if you're more into breathy white guys with heavily diminished lung power pretending to be a black dude that's broke, maybe.

"Pretending to be a black dude that's broke" .... that's not even funny. You obviously have heard zero of Clapton's music, or you're out of your mind....eh, or ears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 20:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:42

Gazza
jazzbass
Stones Planet Brazil has reported Keith, has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman will be joining them on stage at the London shows and Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck will be joining them for the US shows but I've been unable to find a link to the Rolling Stone interview. Anyone have it?

That interview was from weeks ago. He didnt really 'confirm' it, to be honest.

That is why I was asking for a link to the original article.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:49

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
arthritis
Munichhilton
arthritis
StonesTod
so much clapton bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing the stones, please?

Let's multitask and do both! Eric clapton should write a song called "carefully sculpted beard and eyeglasses blues" and keith could play the rhythm guitar in the wrong key. smileys with beer

so much keith bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing Chuck, please?

The stones only invited clapton because chuck leavell wanted another boring white guy with a sassy beard to help him ruin the stones live sound.

It's funny that so many RS fans like to bash Clapton; calling his playing "sterile"....whatever that means. You can have your Keith and Ronnie of the 2010's - I'll take EC's playing over them anytime. Clapton is one of them old "stars" who still delivers brilliant enough to deserve the star-status.

everybody knows that, erik. but it helps ease the pain and distract many stones fans from coping with the reality of our beloved band. please take it in this context. have to take it out on someone...might as well rail against god....

Maybe they feel that using the word "sterile" to describe Clapton's playing somehow is the only insult that can make Keith/Ronnie seem more "exciting" compared to him, as it's more human and "rebellion" to be "demented" in their playing, like RS, than being "sterile"

Clapton's one of the few honest musicians that keeps being a musician instead of a show-biz artist; which is why some folks find him "boring". If he'd started talking between tracks, didn't focus on the playing, hung his guitar down by the knees so that he couldn't play properly and had fireworks at the end of the show... I bet a lot of Rolling Stones fans, Green Day fans and KISS fans would appreciate him more.

not only that - but he's a better singer than jagger these days. yeah, i said that.

And I agree

hmmm...now that i think about it - how come it's not EC inviting the stones to join him rather than the other way around?

Maybe because EC doesn't need a guest star. Especially not if it means downgrading the concert.

Clapton did get Keith up on stage in NYC 1986, but Keith's guest performance was a disaster. He might as well have handed the guitar to anybody in the audience.

it wasn't very ritzy, i agree....

Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:52

arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

Date: November 19, 2012 20:54

GumbootCloggeroo
arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

No. His brother is Jack Bruce.

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:57

Clapton is talented but boring, and his voice can be rather annoying. I think I read where he said he hates playing the blues. ok.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:23

OH please..."hates"? I think not.
Eric Clapton is a great musician and has more than atoned for his druggy and miserable years...some 30 years ago.

All the blues masters, including Muddy, B.B. King, etc., thought and think highly of him as someone carrying on the tradition.

Perhaps it's the "tradition" that some of you don't like.

A great friend of mine here sent me a boot of a Clapton Tokyo concert a few years back. Just listening we could feel how happy and into his music he was. A great concert.

If YOU can play better than Eric Clapton, don't be shy. Say so.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:29

GumbootCloggeroo

What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:32

Eric's music does nothing for me, maybe a little bit of Cream but that's it

I sincerely hope these gigs wont be filled with shitty unwanted guest spots. I've paid to see ROLLING STONES not some @#$%& cabaret shit

One whiff of a Clapton, a McCartney or any other old fart and i may well belly flop from the lower tier

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:32

arthritis
What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

A-@#$%&-men

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:37

i love it when the clapton faux-hatred is displayed. it brings erik out of his hiding and it helps distract from the pain of being a stones fan.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:40

andy js
One whiff of a Clapton, a McCartney or any other old fart and i may well belly flop from the lower tier
So you have a 4 old farts limit then? Good to know!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:45

StonesTod
MCDDTLC
I've heard that alot of these "rumors" are being generated by the Stones camp,
but at least Mick Taylor has not "officially" been asked to play - period.

Checking with my contacts at the Taylor camp.. will advise if Taylor says
he has been asked and will play..

MLC

maybe at the stones campfire they are just sending out smoke signals to mt's camp. does mt even have a camp?

Tod - Why do yuo have to be such an A-HOLE and try to insult Mick Taylor?
Your not funny and need to try a different approach.

MLC

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:46

Gazza
Woz
I think they are just rumors to sell tickets. Maybe you get MT of BW in London, no guests at all in the states is my guess.

Well, Taylor is a definite non starter for the PPV show as last week he rescheduled a show in Spain and it will now take place on December 15th.

I personally think there's a very good chance that one or both of them will play at the 02, especially with Taylor playing a show in London the night after the 2nd 02 date. The opportunity is there for the taking and it would send out a terribly negative message if he DIDN'T play with them in London. Likewise with Bill.

I believe the intention was always to include former band members if possible. Didn't Keith mention something about a "reunion tour" originally? Not sure about BW but clearly MT would love to play with them again. They are on friendly terms and I am pretty sure that musically, they would come together with the same amazing synergy they've always had playing live. I don't see how any one of them would want to duck out of that opportunity! MT has been warming up his Stones repetoire recently with his own band. And I'll bet he's as bummed as we are to give up playing with the Stones 3 nights in NY area because of his commitment for a one night gig in Spain, which he already rescheduled once (it would seem) to be available for O2 in London.

I feel like the "juggernaut" is going to make its way to the States -- just too great an opportunity to miss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 21:49 by blueyestoo.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:50

jazzbass
Taylor has a camp? I thought he'd be luck to have a tent.

Jazz - See my comment to StonesTod - ditto.

One of the reasons Taylor's in the financial shape he's in is due to the Glimmer Twins deciding to stop paying him his rightful royalities back in the 80's..
just because their newly hired blood-sucking management told them they could get away with it. Taylor always has considered they guys his friends and didn't sue.
Keith even told him, years later; I know we owe you....
So stop the insulting comments.

MLC

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:55

Although I do wish Taylor plays along I've got this feeling it won't happen.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:56

...has DICK Taylor been invited??....now THAT would be something indeed!....He might even do it just for kicks...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:01

arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Imagine Eric and Phil hooking up for a tour.
Nah....I'm just kidding. That should NEVER happen.

Date: November 19, 2012 22:09

MCDDTLC
jazzbass

One of the reasons Taylor's in the financial shape he's in is due to the Glimmer Twins deciding to stop paying him his rightful royalities back in the 80's..
just because their newly hired blood-sucking management told them they could get away with it. Taylor always has considered they guys his friends and didn't sue.

MLC

I think I see what is going on here...MLC... are YOU in fact Mick Taylor? (If so, are you available Dec. 24th to play my birthday party?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 22:11 by jazzbass.

Date: November 19, 2012 22:11

jazzbass
MCDDTLC
jazzbass

MLC

I think I see what is going on here...MLC... are YOU in fact Mick Taylor? (If so, are you available Dec. 24th to my birthday party?)

I blame Mick & Keith for my poor financial decisions too so this makes complete sense...

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:12

Taylor quit the Stones. Idiotic move.

From his standpoint, I mean.

I don't even like his playing all that much.

It would be difficult for me to care less about whether or not he joins the Stones onstage this year.

While I agree he did some fabulous work with the Stones, I attribute that more to the band than I do to Taylor. But, maybe that's because I'm a Stones fan.

I've seen Taylor solo live a few times; the shows were almost exhausting in their boredom.

Taylor ain't much without the Stones.

Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Peace on Earth.

Date: November 19, 2012 22:15

Strange too that Taylor's arc with the Stones mirrored Nicky's arc with the Stones.
Maybe all these Taylor whiners actually like Nicky and don't realize it?

Date: November 19, 2012 22:16

Besides...I thought this whole thread was about how bad Clapton is was will be...

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:17

I just hope bill wyman does lots of premium, pure cocaine right before these couple of shows administered by a doctor. And i hope his bass is turned up as loud as mick's vocal in the mix.thumbs up

Date: November 19, 2012 22:22

GumbootCloggeroo
andy js
So you have a 4 old farts limit then? Good to know!

My limit is six, but only if that six includes Wyman and Taylor.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:33

StonesTod
not only that - but he's a better singer than jagger these days. yeah, i said that.
That's utter bullshit. Unlike his guitar playing, which was actually pretty decent in the 60s when he wanted it to be, his singing has always been worthless and continues to be so.

Date: November 19, 2012 22:38

FreeBird
StonesTod
That's utter bullshit. Unlike his guitar playing, which was actually pretty decent in the 60s when he wanted it to be, his singing has always been worthless and continues to be so.

Eric is a bore. Good guy, but a bore.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:43

MCDDTLC
jazzbass

MLC

MT has a pretty self-deprecating sense of humor...but you are right and clearly a gentleperson, MLC.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:45

jazzbass
stonesrule
The least you can do Jazzbass is give MickT room on the floor for a sleeping bag in your palatial suite.

If he play's Moonlight Mile or CYHMK, I'll let him sleep with my wife.
Hey I can play both songs.
Will you let me spend a moment with your significunt other? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:30

dcba
jazzbass
stonesrule
The least you can do Jazzbass is give MickT room on the floor for a sleeping bag in your palatial suite.

If he play's Moonlight Mile or CYHMK, I'll let him sleep with my wife.
Hey I can play both songs.
Will you let me spend a moment with your significunt other? >grinning smiley<

I can play 'em both too but send a picture first ok? winking smiley

munichhilton I too blame Keith and Mick for some of my poor financial decisions and now they are making throw good money after bad...go figure. peace

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home