Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Date: November 25, 2012 05:32

riverrat
JumpinJackOLantern
Gazza
bv
Well just a couple of quotes before I go...

- Mick said he is not political, even if he was sort of left wing during the study days. Still he is an Arsenal fan, I guess that is well known to everyone, and painful to the Tottenham fans, even if Mick said he wasn't that serious about it

- Keith said "Ronnie came along at the right time"

- There was a nice picture of Charlie age 12 on hs first drum kit

More later...

I think what he actually said was that he went to what was regarded as a left-wing college, but he's never been one for joining political parties or causes. He then equated it to the fact that described himself as an Arsenal supporter (first time I've actually heard him say that) but that he doesnt go and watch. (Charlie is, of course, a big Tottenham fan...Woody and Bill Wyman have declared their liking for Crystal Palace in the past).

I thought the Charlie interview was especially good and it was quite sweet that when shown a photo of him playing drums that he'd never seen before, he knew how old he was when it was taken and when told the name of the neighbour who had sent it in, he remembered him so vividly.

They might be getting older but they're still the coolest cats in the neighborhood. Along with Don Was of course.

Are U this crazy old bird, JumpinJackOLantern???

I wish! Does look like he could burst into a crow at any moment and fly across the face of the moon though!

Don Was is a hero of mine so I am flattered that you would think such.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 25, 2012 05:34

U just put in a lot of plugs for him! smiling smiley

Date: November 25, 2012 05:37

riverrat
U just put in a lot of plugs for him! smiling smiley

Credit where credit is due, mate. Seems to be a dying art these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 05:38 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: November 25, 2012 05:40

JumpinJackOLantern
riverrat
JumpinJackOLantern
Gazza
bv

- Mick said he is not political, even if he was sort of left wing during the study days. Still he is an Arsenal fan, I guess that is well known to everyone, and painful to the Tottenham fans, even if Mick said he wasn't that serious about it

More later...

I think what he actually said was that he went to what was regarded as a left-wing college, but he's never been one for joining political parties or causes. He then equated it to the fact that described himself as an Arsenal supporter (first time I've actually heard him say that) but that he doesnt go and watch. (Charlie is, of course, a big Tottenham fan...Woody and Bill Wyman have declared their liking for Crystal Palace in the past).

I thought the Charlie interview was especially good and it was quite sweet that when shown a photo of him playing drums that he'd never seen before, he knew how old he was when it was taken and when told the name of the neighbour who had sent it in, he remembered him so vividly.

They might be getting older but they're still the coolest cats in the neighborhood. Along with Don Was of course.

I wish! Does look like he could burst into a crow at any moment and fly across the face of the moon though!

Think he would have made a great replacement for Bill and a perfect addition to the Stones.

Re: Countdown
Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 25, 2012 06:23

well, maybe they'll give him a chance on stage, since he already played on something with them in NJ

Date: November 25, 2012 06:26

JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
riverrat
JumpinJackOLantern
Gazza
bv

More later...

Think he would have made a great replacement for Bill and a perfect addition to the Stones.

What a BIRD!
What was it? Dumbo? Aristocats? A Disney film where they have the streetwise Crows hanging out?

Date: November 25, 2012 06:27

riverrat
well, maybe they'll give him a chance on stage, since he already played on something with them in NJ

I sure hope so.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 25, 2012 07:18

i like OOC and Daddy was a RS..and guess thats the blues,,i got the blues...Mary deserve respect..she from the getto

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:47

ryanpow
its still Saturday where I live. How do you explain that??

Today it is UK time that counts. Because that is where the Stones are, and that is where they will perform today. Your day might be yesterday or tomorrow, but in Stonesland it is show day right now.

Bjornulf

Re: Countdown - between shows
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 25, 2012 11:15

It's already Sunday night here in Tokyo, but I've got a ton of work to do, so I'm going in to the office. I'll keep IORR open all night on my computer, so I can follow what's going on. Someone in the upper tier, please post a picture of that tongue stage!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:01

DartfordRenegade
Harlem Shuffler
tattooyou
Harlem Shuffler
Hi Bjornulf,

Thanks to you, I appeared on The One Show yesterday.

I live near London and would love to have the chance to thank you in person and to buy you a drink too.

I realise you must be very busy but, if there is a chance to meet you today,I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again.

Great stuff, well done! Are you the guy who went to Redlands? It looked like Keith's dedication in the book was 'Hi Wycombe'! Are you from round those parts?

Thanks,tattooyou and yes to both questions!

That was a great story Harlem Shuffler very Stonesy - Keef, a rifle, Jack Daniels and an autograph. Did you know Keef was going to be at Redlands or did you just take a chance?

Didn't have a clue whether or not Keith was in the country let alone at Redlands, DartfordRenegade.

Date: December 1, 2012 20:52

Finally back home for a week. The past six week I have been flying out five times to Paris and London. Great to be near the Stones but I have been missing time with the family. Today was a big family party time with grand children, and the countdown to the first time on ski is over. Today I did the first cross country ski trip into the nearby forest tracks. Great sunshine weather. Now the sun is barely above the horizon in Norway, as seen in the picture taken today at noon.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-01 20:55 by bv.

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: December 1, 2012 21:01

Fantastic pictures bv,what an adventure you and we have had! Unforgettable.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 1, 2012 21:04

Hello BV, are you going to NY and NJ's shows?

Benjamin.

Date: December 1, 2012 21:25

Yes. I go to all of the three US shows. Flying out on Friday, so I have a week to go skiing and see my family. Great break.

Bjornulf

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:07

bv
Yes. I go to all of the three US shows. Flying out on Friday, so I have a week to go skiing and see my family. Great break.

bv ya have a cruisie lifestyle..good on ya mate.Hey I like ya photos thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:33

bv

Do you have a list with all shows you have attended over the years?

Or is it maybe a secret? I know it is a few hundred, right?

Date: December 8, 2012 14:32

The most important countdown this year is over. I was at the airport on my way to the first show in the USA in Brooklyn when I got the message that my fifth grandchild was born in the early morning. I will see her in 10 days time. Meanwhile I will spend time with my other family, the Rolling Stones and their fans, in Stonesland...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:36

You are unbelievable!! Gold rings on ya!!! cool smiley

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:36

congratulations bv - to you and your family

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:37

Congrats on the new addition to the family ! That's going to make for an even more emotional show tonight I'm sure ;-)

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:39

bv
The most important countdown this year is over. I was at the airport on my way to the first show in the USA in Brooklyn when I got the message that my fifth grandchild was born in the early morning. I will see her in 10 days time. Meanwhile I will spend time with my other family, the Rolling Stones and their fans, in Stonesland...
Congratulations, bv, looking forward to catching up with everyone again on the 15th !

Satisfied since 1976

Date: December 8, 2012 14:52

Four of my five grandchildren were born while I was on travel for Stones shows. At least I was home when my own children were born. That is the hardest part of being a die hard Stones fan, you have to leave your family for the "Stones family".

I see the first fans arrived into my Brooklyn hotel already last night. With tongued pants and well worn tour T-shirts. I like it! Checking out the Barclays Center now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:12

Congratulations Bjornulf

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:17

Have a good time Bjornulf and don't forget to hang around the MSG on thursday!

We have almost the same age and i'm still waiting to become a grand father.
I'm not really in hurry>grinning smiley<, my 3 daughters seem happier without children.
Time will tell.

Date: December 8, 2012 15:43

What is happening at the MSG on Thursday? I will be there on Wednesday, but on Thursday I will be in Newark for the afternoon.

If many fans stay on Manhattan may be we could use Mustang Harry as a meet-up as well. I is our usual waterhole for all Stones shows at the MSG. Great place with so many beers on tap, great food and plenty of space. I might be there both on Wednesday and Thursday actually, even if I am on a no-drinking schedule before my Kilimanjaro travel late December.

Mustang Harry is just two blocks down from MSG on the same side of the avenue, towards the tip i.e. south on Manhattan,
Mustang Harry's
352 Seventh Avenue (between 29th and 30th Streets)

[www.mustangharrys.com]

Great place to meet up.
We have been using it on every tour since 1998.
Longest bar in NYC they say, may be it is true?
Plenty of cold draft beer for any taste.
And they have great food as well.

Mustang Harry's is on the MSG side of 7th avenue,
just 2-3 short street blocks from MSG.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 15:50 by bv.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:48

Congratulations to you and your family bv.Hope you and everone has a great time at the concerts.Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 15:48 by klrkcr.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:14

My mistake sorry, i meant Wednesday.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:18

Congratulations, Bjornulf!

Date: December 8, 2012 18:22

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
How about a immenently short countdown to the banning of DoomNGloom?

I'm so sorry you don't like that one...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home