Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:49

Why apologize for your opinion? You do realize that it's a subjective thing to have an opinion about- the Stones playing it safe. I mean, define "safe". Whatever you say, that is YOUR definition, and you are welcome to it.

In my opinion, your opinion is kind of a sad one to have during this exciting time.

But, that doesn't mean I'm correct.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 23, 2012 23:02

bv, I think Jack Horner pub was the place some of us met before the O2 shows last time around.
If that was the bar near the St. Giles, anyway, two blocks behind it, as I recall...

Thanks for keeping us up to date! Much more fun to you.

(Woz, I hear your pain, agree, ah, well...)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:20

BV, any other info on the stage or rehearsals? Could the stage be used in larger venues or is it exclusively for arenas?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:22

I don't think it will work in a larger scale. But we will hear what they say from the upper decks on Sunday...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:08

bv
Well just a couple of quotes before I go...

- Mick said he is not political, even if he was sort of left wing during the study days. Still he is an Arsenal fan, I guess that is well known to everyone, and painful to the Tottenham fans, even if Mick said he wasn't that serious about it

- Keith said "Ronnie came along at the right time"

- There was a nice picture of Charlie age 12 on hs first drum kit

More later...

I think what he actually said was that he went to what was regarded as a left-wing college, but he's never been one for joining political parties or causes. He then equated it to the fact that described himself as an Arsenal supporter (first time I've actually heard him say that) but that he doesnt go and watch. (Charlie is, of course, a big Tottenham fan...Woody and Bill Wyman have declared their liking for Crystal Palace in the past).

I thought the Charlie interview was especially good and it was quite sweet that when shown a photo of him playing drums that he'd never seen before, he knew how old he was when it was taken and when told the name of the neighbour who had sent it in, he remembered him so vividly.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:11

bv
I can see flighs coming in on the sky to London with fans from all parts of the world. From many states in the USA. All parts of Europe. And on Sunday from all parts of Britain targeting London. This will be the biggest Stones gathering in years.

well, aside from the few of you who got tickets for the small shows in Paris, its certainly the first!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:35

Hehe...a bit like when Keith said this was the best stuff they'd done in years after the 2002 Paris sessions ;-)

Nice pics of the guys, thanks, and yes that was a terrific photo with Charlie and his CRW drums !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 24, 2012 11:11

One day to go! As I have said before...

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT THE SET LIST ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE!

This is what they have been rehearsing during the production rehersals

- All Down The Line
- I'm Going Down
- Out Of Control
- One More Shot
- Doon And Gloom

The rest is hidden around other pleces here so that I do not spoil the whole surprise tomorrow. They might change something but this was what they worked on just before they wrapped up this week at the Wembley Arena production rehearsals.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:19

Argh...just saw the DO NOT READ just in time but still saw the first song in the list, a good one ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 24, 2012 12:58

Well if you scroll into a thread with the title "... with London rehearsals info" then you have actually sort of started opening the Chrismas parcels before Christmas... For me, I go to all the shows, there are not really many surprises, I just enjoy every minute, every song, but I understand those who do not read newspapers and fan sites before they go to the show, and they would most certainly not read this thread!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 24, 2012 13:09

Hi Bjornulf,

Thanks to you, I appeared on The One Show yesterday.

I live near London and would love to have the chance to thank you in person and to buy you a drink too.

I realise you must be very busy but, if there is a chance to meet you today,I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again.

Date: November 24, 2012 14:08

I have been working eight till late out of my cheap but still nice Wemley hotel, but now it is Saturday so I think I need a break. I will take a few hours into the city. The rain is hitting us now but I hope to be at the Jack Horner later this afternoon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:23

Gracias Bjornulf

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:26

BV thanks for all the updates. I was hoping to meet you at Malachy's London shoot on the Thursday. I was with Paulywaul and Man of Wealth & Taste on the Monday but Malachy asked us to come back on the Thursday as it was too dark to carrying on filming.

Unfortunately work got in the way so I could not make the Thursday shoot but hopefully I will catch up with you in the Pilot Inn tomorrow, should be there from about 4.00 pm onwards.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow IORRians.

Jeff Beck special guest tomorrow!
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:48

via twitter by Grrregory:

I liked 'MARY J BLIGE AND JEFF BECK SPECIAL GUESTS AT TOMORROW NIGHT'S LONDON S...' in the RS Official App [road.ie]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:56

Yeah it was posted in their new app a few hours ago.

Mary J Blige and Beck are confirmed special guests in addition to Bill and Mick for tomorrow.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:33

Mary J Blige? I was jealous of everyone going but when they do this, I don't have the same desire to be there. You'd think at the anniversary show and paying that much money, they would pick guests most of the fans want. Now cue all the posts about how she is great r'n'b, she has a great voice, and a load of other crap. I love r'n'b more than probably most on this board, but true r'n'b not this cheap pop version of it. The only thing I can say is that it's better than Christina Aguilera.

Date: November 24, 2012 18:45

Gazza
bv

- Mick said he is not political, even if he was sort of left wing during the study days. Still he is an Arsenal fan, I guess that is well known to everyone, and painful to the Tottenham fans, even if Mick said he wasn't that serious about it

More later...

I think what he actually said was that he went to what was regarded as a left-wing college, but he's never been one for joining political parties or causes. He then equated it to the fact that described himself as an Arsenal supporter (first time I've actually heard him say that) but that he doesnt go and watch. (Charlie is, of course, a big Tottenham fan...Woody and Bill Wyman have declared their liking for Crystal Palace in the past).

I thought the Charlie interview was especially good and it was quite sweet that when shown a photo of him playing drums that he'd never seen before, he knew how old he was when it was taken and when told the name of the neighbour who had sent it in, he remembered him so vividly.

They might be getting older but they're still the coolest cats in the neighborhood. Along with Don Was of course.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:02

The Wick
Mary J Blige? I was jealous of everyone going but when they do this, I don't have the same desire to be there. You'd think at the anniversary show and paying that much money, they would pick guests most of the fans want. Now cue all the posts about how she is great r'n'b, she has a great voice, and a load of other crap. I love r'n'b more than probably most on this board, but true r'n'b not this cheap pop version of it. The only thing I can say is that it's better than Christina Aguilera.

I applaud this. Just like I did with Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these popstars. And they all can sing, and released some excellent pop singles/albums.
I prefer this than the usual rock and roll/blues guests...which has been done.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:17

JumpinJackOLantern
Gazza
bv

More later...

They might be getting older but they're still the coolest cats in the neighborhood. Along with Don Was of course.

Are U this crazy old bird, JumpinJackOLantern???

Date: November 24, 2012 19:18

Found out this afternoon from a local shop keeper (jeweller) that Ronnie was in earlier in the week and then went on to meet Charlie for a bite to eat in one of my local Italian restaurants (one of Charlie's regular haunts) They are obviously enjoying hanging out in London prior to the O2 shows. The countdown continues....

Date: November 24, 2012 19:18

Will they use Mary J Blige on Gimme Shelter??

Date: November 24, 2012 19:21

Manofwealthandtaste
Found out this afternoon from a local shop keeper (jeweller) that Ronnie was in earlier in the week and then went on to meet Charlie for a bite to eat in one of my local Italian restaurants (one of Charlie's regular haunts) They are obviously enjoying hanging out in London prior to the O2 shows. The countdown continues....
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:36

Manofwealthandtaste

Cool story!

The countdown indeed continues... One more sleep!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:10

jeff is great
the other singers......forget about them Mick and just rock with the band
jeroen

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:13

BowieStone
The Wick

I applaud this. Just like I did with Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these popstars. And they all can sing, and released some excellent pop singles/albums.

Note that I didn't say just rock and roll/blues guests. It's just the Stones used to pick quality to join them on stage. Now, it's garbage pop.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:36

The Wick
BowieStone
The Wick

Note that I didn't say just rock and roll/blues guests. It's just the Stones used to pick quality to join them on stage. Now, it's garbage pop.

That is subjective of course. I don't consider this garbage pop.
Garbage pop is stuff like Bieber, Pitbull or bands like Steps,... Music with only one goal: selling.
Mary J Blige established quite a name for her in the r&b world over the years.
I'm not a big fan myself, but I consider this much more intresting than a collaboration with Jeff Beck.

Date: November 24, 2012 20:39

Some more quotes from The One Show:

Keith:

- There is a great feeling in the band right now

Charlie:

- It is a fifty thing
- We are known for playing
- I never do anything

Mick:

- Value for money (about ticket prices)

PS. I wonder why it is always Mich who get the questions about business and ticket prices. For the record, Keith said they have meetings ... in a meeting room... with a couple of lawyers. I am pretty sure the business is decided upon in that room, by all four band members.

Bjornulf

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:43

I wouldn't mind at all "I'm Going Down", I presume with Jeff Beck.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:03

bv
One day to go! As I have said before...

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT THE SET LIST ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE!

This is what they have been rehearsing during the production rehersals

- All Down The Line
- I'm Going Down
- Out Of Control
- One More Shot
- Doon And Gloom

The rest is hidden around other pleces here so that I do not spoil the whole surprise tomorrow. They might change something but this was what they worked on just before they wrapped up this week at the Wembley Arena production rehearsals.

Out Of Control? Really? Do they have to force that turd on us every tour?

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home