Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:24

I still hope to have Sway, I wanna Be your Man, Lady Jane, Champagne and Reefer...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: JK ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:49

Tim Ries played Helsinki yesterday. He has produced and plays on an album by sisters Jemina & Selina Sillanpää. The Stones gave him a day off from rehearsals as this gig was booked long time ago.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 23, 2012 12:27

Is Tim considered as a backup for Bobby or are they back with a full-scale lineup including trompet/trombone etc ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 23, 2012 12:44

Thanks for the updates, can you maybe post songs played in another thread so those who want to be surprised can stay up do date with your countdown "items" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 23, 2012 12:55

Two days to go. Yes the price of the ticket is very high but so is the value of the show. How often do you get Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman on stage with the Stones, and when was the last time you got to see the Stones live? This might be the first and last time in decades for this combination and this format.

People are coming into London from all parts of the world now. From Japan, Argentina, Australia, USA, Canada and all parts of Europe. Yesterday was more TV and interviews that rehearsals for me, I hope it will be better today, I would rather listen to the final set than see the BBC programme at 7pm. Please let me know how it was, I am sure someone will record it.

Still I am outside the center but I hope to move into central London on Saturday. They say the JACK HORNER pub is great. It is on Tottenham Court Road 234-236, just a few blocks up from the Megstore at the Tottenham Ct Rd tube station. See you there on Saturday and Sunday daytime. And on show day afternoon it is Pilot Inn - a nice house with a pub you see as you walk by the O2 Arena and a couple minutes more behind the Arena towards the Greenwich direction, there it is.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:00

Thanks for the update! Will be recording the BBC program tonight for sure, see you at the Pilot Inn on Sunday, actually some of us will be going to Bill's joint on Sunday cor lunch if you're around.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:14

How will they rehearse today, if a guy named jam hsiao will perform?

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:34

Thanks for all these updates Björnulf,

Now that I got finally reasonable tickets I will be there as well and I'm looking forward to join you at Pilot Inn on Sunday afternoon and meet some other iorrians there ...

Andreas
(Tavelling over from Germany)

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:37

bv
Two days to go. Yes the price of the ticket is very high but so is the value of the show. How often do you get Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman on stage with the Stones, and when was the last time you got to see the Stones live? This might be the first and last time in decades for this combination and this format.

People are coming into London from all parts of the world now. From Japan, Argentina, Australia, USA, Canada and all parts of Europe. Yesterday was more TV and interviews that rehearsals for me, I hope it will be better today, I would rather listen to the final set than see the BBC programme at 7pm. Please let me know how it was, I am sure someone will record it.

Still I am outside the center but I hope to move into central London on Saturday. They say the JACK HORNER pub is great. It is on Tottenham Court Road 234-236, just a few blocks up from the Megstore at the Tottenham Ct Rd tube station. See you there on Saturday and Sunday daytime. And on show day afternoon it is Pilot Inn - a nice house with a pub you see as you walk by the O2 Arena and a couple minutes more behind the Arena towards the Greenwich direction, there it is.

The programme will be available on BBC iplayer for a week after broadcast for you to watch online so don't sweat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 13:40 by sjs12.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:53

Even coming down from Yorkshire too,see you all at Jack Horner's and the Pilot !

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 23, 2012 14:11

Bjornulf,
Can you tell me if "One more shot" will be played for sure, probably, possibly or not at all?
I explain myself : i didn't listen to this song until now as i wish to discover the song on sunday.
Hear a complete new song (for me) will add some pleasure.
Thanks mate.

Date: November 23, 2012 16:01

I don't know if they will do both of their news songs every night. It would be unusual, they are so conservative. But if they do have balls, and I am sure they do have, then they will do both "One More Shot" and "Doom And Gloom" every night. At least they are rehearsing both all the time so I think they are ready to do both on Sunday. As well as Thursday.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: November 23, 2012 16:06

readymade
How will they rehearse today, if a guy named jam hsiao will perform?

I am asking the same question: Jam Hsiao World Tour 2012 is scheduled to be there tonight and no news of a cancellation. Did they move everything out already? Strange...

Date: November 23, 2012 16:50

Won't be logged in before I leave for London early Sunday morning.

Will try to record some snippets and take some pics.

I look forward to seeing fellow IORRians at the Pilot Inn as well as on the show smileys with beer

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 23, 2012 17:02

4th time to London in Stones matters:

Astoria, Ambassador, Somerset House and now off to the O2 with mouth tix

its getting real!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 23, 2012 17:24

JK
Tim Ries played Helsinki yesterday. He has produced and plays on an album by sisters Jemina & Selina Sillanpää. The Stones gave him a day off from rehearsals as this gig was booked long time ago.

Thanks for posting this!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:48

bv

Great post!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:55

Doc
I still hope to have Sway, I wanna Be your Man, Lady Jane, Champagne and Reefer...

Rigt! but is better Love In Vain than Champagne and reefer with Mick Taylor.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:57

pepganzo
Doc

Rigt! but is better Love In Vain than Champagne and reefer with Mick Taylor.

YES!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:59

Just about to finish work. I've got a 30 minute drive home then my Stones weekend will start!

My excitement is growing!!

Date: November 23, 2012 19:05

I can see flighs coming in on the sky to London with fans from all parts of the world. From many states in the USA. All parts of Europe. And on Sunday from all parts of Britain targeting London. This will be the biggest Stones gathering in years.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 23, 2012 19:34

bv
I can see flighs coming in on the sky to London with fans from all parts of the world. From many states in the USA. All parts of Europe. And on Sunday from all parts of Britain targeting London. This will be the biggest Stones gathering in years.

YES!

Have finally got a ticket for Sunday, so I can now relax and look forward to the gathering, the reunion, and the show!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: November 23, 2012 20:06

The Rolling Stones have moved out of Wembley Arena, and are now in the BBC studio for a live broadcast at The One Show. BBC will play back messages by the fans, as recorded yesterday, as well as some surprises. Mick is advertising the show now on BBC 1. See the broadcast at 7pm!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 23, 2012 20:07

I should have flown to London instead of New York.....I new it! Twice the distance to London though, so I'll have to settle for no guests in Newark.....Damn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 20:08 by Woz.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:00

Very fun to read about all of this. BV is the stage 'the best they've ever had' or would you describe it as a classy stripped-down No Security-ish stage?

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:10

I've just missed first 5 minutes of the One Show, but watched Charlie.
Is Mick coming up later??

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:13

When the Rolling Stones kick off their new tour in London, they'll unveil a stage that
will help the band tell its story through the ages with intimacy and spectacle.

7:09AM EST November 23. 2012 - What do bridges, lounges, inflatable dancing girls and oversized
phalluses have in common? They've all taken center stage at Rolling Stones shows, which in 50 years
have gone from stripped-down jams to state-of-the-art spectacles.

When the venerable British band starts up the first of five "50 and Counting" shows Sunday at London's
O2 Arena, it remains to be seen what sort of stage will greet fans. But bank on it being a methodically
planned creation that will shatter expectations.

"Every stage we've done has reflected the band and the zeitgeist," says Patrick Woodroffe, the Stones'
lighting designer who for three decades has helped Mick Jagger and his mates turn visions into reality.
"But it's never just spectacle for spectacle's sake. Keith (Richards) always calls the stage 'the office.'
It's where they work and everything has to be right."

What little is known about the new stage is that it will feature the band's familiar lips-and-tongue logo
anchored by a central standing-room, general-admission area. That's so the band can switch gears from
stadium-rock anthems to tunes "that afford moments of huge intimacy," which hark back to the band's
beginnings as a club act, says Woodroffe.

But he adds that the concert's "emotional journey" through the Stones' career will be assisted by elaborately
produced video clips as well as "hugely flamboyant" set pieces. "The Stones are, after all, not just the soundtrack
to many of our lives, they're the movie, too," he says.

Stones stagecraft has always risen to the occasion, whether it be the massive, industrial production that was their
1989 Steel Wheels stage or riffing off the then-nascent Internet scene on their 1994-1995 Voodoo Lounge tour, says
Patrick Doyle, an assistant editor at Rolling Stone.

But while the Stones have long amped up their stage shows, this time they just might tone things down. "Keith has
said that sometimes elaborate stages and lighting can bog down a show because you can't be spontaneous in song
selection," says Doyle. "With them rehearsing so many songs lately, I'd look for a more stripped-down stage that
allows them freedom to mix songs up as they choose."

The mini tour, which may yet give way to more dates, includes a second show in London on Nov. 29, one at Brooklyn's
new Barclays Center on Dec. 8 and two at Newark's Prudential Center on Dec. 13 and 15. Guests include former band
members Bill Wyman (bass) and Mick Taylor (guitar). But it's the core group, which includes Charlie Watts (drums) and
Ron Wood (guitar), that steers this ship.

"Usually, it's Mick and Charlie who come to me first with ideas, but Keith has a keen eye," says Woodroffe. "They're real
craftsmen, so it's not just about whether a stage looks nice. It's checking what the floor feels like, what the sight lines are,
what sound does it throw off. When they come look at the stage, they're like athletes stalking the field before the big game."
[www.usatoday.com]

Date: November 23, 2012 21:46

The following will be from The One Show broadcast today ...

If you switched on 5 minutes late then you would have missed Keith. He was on at 7pm sharp. Three minutes interview. Then Charlie, in an oversized white chair. Charlie very unusually dressed, probably because he was working at the Arena (taped last night), and he just changed for the interview I suppose. Then Ronnie, with the funny and intesting Mick Taylor "I am leaving the group" story. A short bit from the Doom And Gloom video with "the plane crashing in the Louissiana swamp". And then Mick.

By the way, I did not notice the chair thing until Charlie was on, because he was in this strange big white chair. But Mick and Ronnie were both in a plain looking chair. Probably to keep focus on the person not the chair. Don't know why Charlie asked for that chair. Mick was handsomely causal dressed with a burgundy red shirt white striped. Charlie was causal but his shoes were shiny like only English gentlemen can shine their shoes. Ronnie was looking better than ever. And Keith - like he said - "I function perfectly well". He looked great, and mind you, I have been much closer to Keith that the TV screen lately. He does not just "look" great. He sound great, and he IS great.

I will write up the best quotes from the interviews when I am back from my favorite Gaelic pub here at Wembley. I think I have deserved a pint now.

Bjornulf

Date: November 23, 2012 21:49

Well just a couple of quotes before I go...

- Mick said he is not political, even if he was sort of left wing during the study days. Still he is an Arsenal fan, I guess that is well known to everyone, and painful to the Tottenham fans, even if Mick said he wasn't that serious about it

- Keith said "Ronnie came along at the right time"

- There was a nice picture of Charlie age 12 on hs first drum kit

More later...

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:17

bv
I don't know if they will do both of their news songs every night. It would be unusual, they are so conservative. But if they do have balls, and I am sure they do have, then they will do both "One More Shot" and "Doom And Gloom" every night. At least they are rehearsing both all the time so I think they are ready to do both on Sunday. As well as Thursday.

If the STones "had balls" they would not have totally abandoned A Bigger Bang on the last tour. Sorry, they always play it safe

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home