Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Countdown
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:04

As far as I understood from this threat there will be no Rolling Stones concerts as long as BV is climbing the Kilimanjarotongue sticking out smiley
Which is good as I will be also absent in January for hitting the slopes at Sun Peaks BC.

@..why not make the venues larger and charge a bit less per ticket?

I just don't think that they are going to have two stages again and they know exactly that ABB was the last chance to survive in Stadiums. Rather than seeing the Stones loosing ground and get lost in stadiums they should stick to the arenas and if possible theatre/club shows. Don't forget it is also health versus money and not only money.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:57

I think it´s the official countdown thread then... smiling smiley

I´m not posting on IORR from probably last tour, I check, and read, but I don´t post... but you know, I´m one of this guys who came to post and need express himself, even in my poor english, from tour on tour....

Life change, and change a lot.... I´ve seen them a lot of times at last tours (firt in VL).. but now, it´s a different history!! I´ve been saving money for this moment since 26/08/2007, but for a 1100 e/month salary, with mortgage, living 50 km away from work... it´s not easy!!! I´ve need put my "hands" in the "Stone´s money" for try solve some more?? important problems.....

Anyway, I´ll be able of see them in Sunday, god, I´d like be in London from thursday to friday, and got both shows, and probably play my chance for the "secrect" gig... but I´m out of this game... I´ll see them on sunday, and I´ll enjoy it at maximum, I´ll enjoy take the plain in Malaga, and I´ll enjoy the trip in bus to London, and I´ll enjoy get lost in the tube one more time, and my visit to Camden Town, I´ll enjoy all the pints I can!!, and I´ll enjoy see the O2 again, I´ll enjoy don´t know the setlist (how I did in Boston 2005), I´ll enjoy the feeling of listen every thing even from my seat (the worst in the house!!!)... I´ll enjoy it absolotuly!!!!

Just now, I¨m so glad, so happy, so nervous, so anxious..... I don´t care if my girl think it´s a money "we" shouldn´t spend, I don´t care anything..... for me, it´s the best moment in 5 whole years!!!! And, I repeat, even when my english really suck, I know some of you guys, some of you understand me very well!!! Sorry for made you lost your time reading it, sorry if I don´t express myself very well...... but it´s my moment!! It´s OUR moment..... every one of you, enjoy it.... 2012...... one more show!!! Let´s enjoy it!!!

Once, Keith was asked what´s his feeling the minuts before of start a show... and his answer was some kind of think like "uuuuummmmm.... open the doors... where´s the show?????" It´s just what I´m feeling now.....

See you!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 20, 2012 19:19

I've been excited since I secured tickets last month as part of the AmEx presale (now I know why I have that piece of plastic!).

As it's now 5 days until I see the Stones I'm finding that my thoughts are monopolised by the gig which will be my 24th Stones "experience". I'm hoping to reach 25 next year.

I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve, I doubt whether I'll be able to sleep on Saturday night.

See you all at the O2 on Sunday!!

Date: November 20, 2012 19:30

Don't you just love countdowns? I do, especially when it's a countdown involving our favorite band. Nothing like the buildup to a Rolling Stones event - drama to the highest degree! Let's rock, rumble, and roll!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 19:32 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 20, 2012 22:08

treaclefingers
bv
I think the next shows they might add might be LA Staples, but you never know really. First they need to get these a great success, then we will see.

Why only arenas? I understand doing the 4 or 5 shows in Nov./Dec. for the 'specialness' but if they are broadening this to a proper tour of sorts, why not make the venues larger and charge a bit less per ticket?

In time! They'll get to that, too. (I HOPE! Lord willing.)

Date: November 20, 2012 22:14

riverrat
treaclefingers
bv
I think the next shows they might add might be LA Staples, but you never know really. First they need to get these a great success, then we will see.

Why only arenas? I understand doing the 4 or 5 shows in Nov./Dec. for the 'specialness' but if they are broadening this to a proper tour of sorts, why not make the venues larger and charge a bit less per ticket?

Please, no stadiums! Senior citizens don't well in extremes! Hot and cold temperatures that is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 23:34

JumpinJackOLantern
riverrat
treaclefingers
bv

Please, no stadiums! Senior citizens don't well in extremes! Hot and cold temperatures that is.

I think you may be experiencing hot flashes. Don't worry, it'll pass.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2012 00:11

Kilimanjaro?! Forget the Stones shows , I want a play by play of that trip. I imagine you will be bringing a cold beer to the top to celebrate. peace

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:11

Kaskatanas and Scooby, really great to read your enthusiastic words! My kind of fans!

Look forward to your "reviews". Have a wonderful time.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:17

It was great to be back into London. Luckily the Stones took a sidetrip to USA, so I could do some work (in fact loads and loads). They did a full rehearsal of the show today. What they call production rehearsal. It was bang-bang-bang song by song, and no breaks. Both of the new songs and two songs by Keith.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:20

Thank you bv, this is great news! Do you know what the two Keith songs are?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:23

latebloomer
Thank you bv, this is great news! Do you know what the two Keith songs are?

take a friggin' guess. sheeesh.

Date: November 22, 2012 02:24

They do these few arena shows because it is easier and cheaper than bringing on a crew of 300+ people to support a stadium tour. They just want to touch base and see how their old bodies will take a set of shows. Remember age counts when you are mid to late 60's. I am slightly younger, but I can not bend my body like my grandchildren. Next year is a whole new year, anything might happen. I hope for LA, Tokyo Budokan and India. But that is just dreams no reality.

Bjornulf

Date: November 22, 2012 02:34

About Kilimanjaro. I started climbing Kilimanjaro when the Stones stopped touring. Because I always over-do everything this will be my climb number six in four years. I am practicing for doing Aconcagua soon, so this is to test on height issues and routines. Perfection. I do not touch any alcohol while or before climbing, but the Kilimanjaro, Tusker and Safari beers taste great when I am down from the mountain. And I will be down by January 1st, it is a rather fast Lemosho version now, so I will not miss any Stones shows that is for sure. By the way, training before tours is important if you want to enjoy shows with no pain...

Bjornulf

Date: November 22, 2012 14:33

Well they read what I write here so as long as they don't let me in I might write what they reherase I guess. This is not blackmail, it is simply a guy being outside who report on what is happening in life. By the way a rude security guy (not Stones security but local on site hero) told us (we were just two nice fans) to leave becaue we were on private property. That was his 60 seconds of fame. The Rolling Stones should give him a medal because that is why I am pissed of and why I am publishing more than I planned to write right now.

Keith did "Before They Make Me Run" and "Happy". Fast like bang-bang with no breaks. I think they plan on doing 25 or so fast songs which means they will have quite a few fast oldies in the intro.

More later today, unless they let me in, then may be I will not write much more about the reherased setlists until Sunday...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 15:44 by bv.

Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 14:39

How did they sound from where you were bv?

Date: November 22, 2012 14:42

There is no point in going to the rehearsals unless you are very patient and work on it. Nothing to hear really unless you work hard and are ready to suffer a bit. But they sound great and Sunday will be a blast, is that the right English term? The guitars have a sharper mix than I have heard in the past tours.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 14:44

That is indeed the English term, thanks for the info. Sunday can't come soon enough!!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 22, 2012 15:00

Rollin92
That is indeed the English term, thanks for the info. Sunday can't come soon enough!!

Man this week is dragging!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 22, 2012 15:07

cool. thank you, bv

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 22, 2012 15:44

Thanx for these Great updates...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 22, 2012 16:04

TO Bjornulf
I know its a bit early, but as i dont have tickets for these 02 shows,

when do you think there will be an announcement of a 2013 tour??????

i presume when these 5 shows go down well??
and ofcourse they will.

Enjoy the concerts and hope to hear from yoy

jeroen

Posted by: toorude ()
Date: November 22, 2012 16:28

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 22, 2012 17:00

Best thread in years. Thanks all for the updates and links. I love this and would so much like to witness the London shows. I hope we all get to see at least the highlights somehow.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2012 17:05

bv
Well they read what I write here so as long as they don't let me in I might write what they reherase I guess. This is not blackmail, it is simply a guy being outside who report on what is happening in life. By the way a rude security guy (not Stones security but local on site hero) told us (we were just two nice fans) to leave becaue we were on private property. That was his 60 seconds of fame. The Rolling Stones should give him a medal because that is why I am pissed of and why I am publishing more than I planned to write right now.

Keith did "Before They Make Me Run" and "Happy". Fast like bang-bang with no breaks. I think they plan on doing 25 or so fast songs which means they will have quite a few fast oldies in the intro.

More later today, unless they let me in, then may be I will not write much more about the reherased setlists until Sunday...

Sorry to hear about the unpleasantness doled to you by an a**hole security guard. There's no need for it, but some people do not understand that I guess ?

Anyway, sincerely hoping you get rewarded for your suffering outside a rain and windswept Wembley Arena in November 2012. Your diligence and perseverance alone deserves a reward, so hope you duly get one.

All the best. (Maybe I should stop by with coffee and croissants) ???

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2012 17:49

So, anybody else been up to Wembley to cop a listen?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 22, 2012 18:38

bv

We have a name for people like that.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 22, 2012 18:48

bv
They do these few arena shows because it is easier and cheaper than bringing on a crew of 300+ people to support a stadium tour. They just want to touch base and see how their old bodies will take a set of shows. Remember age counts when you are mid to late 60's. I am slightly younger, but I can not bend my body like my grandchildren. Next year is a whole new year, anything might happen. I hope for LA, Tokyo Budokan and India. But that is just dreams no reality.

Makes perfect sense, with bodies 5 yrs older and not playing for 5 years. Plus, the fans have been crying for what? Club shows, Arenas, and Stadiums. One down, one coming soon, and one to go, if their bodies hold up!

Didn't I read Charlie needs massages after playing?? Hope he's gets relief, because he's 1/4th of the equation. Best wishes to all 4 and the former 2 and the back up players/singers!grinning smiley

Date: November 22, 2012 18:49

bv
About Kilimanjaro. I started climbing Kilimanjaro when the Stones stopped touring. Because I always over-do everything this will be my climb number six in four years. I am practicing for doing Aconcagua soon, so this is to test on height issues and routines. Perfection. I do not touch any alcohol while or before climbing, but the Kilimanjaro, Tusker and Safari beers taste great when I am down from the mountain. And I will be down by January 1st, it is a rather fast Lemosho version now, so I will not miss any Stones shows that is for sure. By the way, training before tours is important if you want to enjoy shows with no pain...

Wow!!!!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 22, 2012 18:54

bv, thanks for the updates, looking forward to the rehearsal set list,
if you don't make it in, that is. :-) I think I've seen others publish these if they heard them.
Thank you for the countdown thread.

Everyone, please have a great time, Sunday and after, as if you wouldn't! smileys with beer
<waiting for the NJ gigs, another three weeks>

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home