Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Countdown
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:12

kaskatanas
I think it´s the official countdown thread then... smiling smiley

I´m not posting on IORR from probably last tour, I check, and read, but I don´t post... but you know, I´m one of this guys who came to post and need express himself, even in my poor english, from tour on tour....

Life change, and change a lot.... I´ve seen them a lot of times at last tours (firt in VL).. but now, it´s a different history!! I´ve been saving money for this moment since 26/08/2007, but for a 1100 e/month salary, with mortgage, living 50 km away from work... it´s not easy!!! I´ve need put my "hands" in the "Stone´s money" for try solve some more?? important problems.....

Anyway, I´ll be able of see them in Sunday, god, I´d like be in London from thursday to friday, and got both shows, and probably play my chance for the "secrect" gig... but I´m out of this game... I´ll see them on sunday, and I´ll enjoy it at maximum, I´ll enjoy take the plain in Malaga, and I´ll enjoy the trip in bus to London, and I´ll enjoy get lost in the tube one more time, and my visit to Camden Town, I´ll enjoy all the pints I can!!, and I´ll enjoy see the O2 again, I´ll enjoy don´t know the setlist (how I did in Boston 2005), I´ll enjoy the feeling of listen every thing even from my seat (the worst in the house!!!)... I´ll enjoy it absolotuly!!!!

Just now, I¨m so glad, so happy, so nervous, so anxious..... I don´t care if my girl think it´s a money "we" shouldn´t spend, I don´t care anything..... for me, it´s the best moment in 5 whole years!!!! And, I repeat, even when my english really suck, I know some of you guys, some of you understand me very well!!! Sorry for made you lost your time reading it, sorry if I don´t express myself very well...... but it´s my moment!! It´s OUR moment..... every one of you, enjoy it.... 2012...... one more show!!! Let´s enjoy it!!!

Once, Keith was asked what´s his feeling the minuts before of start a show... and his answer was some kind of think like "uuuuummmmm.... open the doors... where´s the show?????" It´s just what I´m feeling now.....

See you!!! smiling smiley
Have a real good time man!!!

Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:25

Bjornulf, thanks for all this. Exciting times.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:48

bv
About Kilimanjaro. I started climbing Kilimanjaro when the Stones stopped touring. Because I always over-do everything this will be my climb number six in four years. I am practicing for doing Aconcagua soon, so this is to test on height issues and routines. Perfection. I do not touch any alcohol while or before climbing, but the Kilimanjaro, Tusker and Safari beers taste great when I am down from the mountain. And I will be down by January 1st, it is a rather fast Lemosho version now, so I will not miss any Stones shows that is for sure. By the way, training before tours is important if you want to enjoy shows with no pain...

Could you write a book about your life at some point? Would be interesting to hear your whole story about climbings, how you got sucked into the Stones, your life and so on. Would be great to read that stuff. I'd buy it. Have you ever thought about this?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:59

So...everyone's always talking about the 25th. We don't expect Bill and Mick for the show on the 29th? I'd hate that to be the "loser" show.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:07

Lorenz
So...everyone's always talking about the 25th. We don't expect Bill and Mick for the show on the 29th? I'd hate that to be the "loser" show.

Stones fans will be delighted to hear that Stones legends Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are confirmed as special guests for these London shows.
This will be the first time they have performed with the band for over 20 years.

http://www.rollingstones.com/2012/11/21/50-and-counting-london-special-guests-bill-wyman-and-mick-taylor/

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:45

Good to hear, the only downside is that the songs they play on won't be a surprise anymore...there are bigger problems in life I guess ;-)

Hey bv thanks a bunch for the updates and it's too bad the Stones' security was not around like in Bondy to help make things pleasant for the fans, watchful but helpful. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:30

Three days to go. Windy and cold outside. Press event with reordings for the BBC broadcast tomorow. Make sure you see that show. Fragmented rehearsals today, stuff like "The Last Time", "Moonlight Mile" and "Out Of Control". A few people waiting to get stuff signed. Hard to do that in a busy street. I am off for a pint in a warm pub!

Bjornulf

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:34

enjoy!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:43

thanks a lot BV
enjoy the shows
jeroen

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:50

Going to London tomorrow. With my wife and son. One and a half day with shopping and "pleasing the wife" time before the concert.

I have had a hard time getting good sleep the last week. Really excited to see the Stones live again. My wife has had to deal with a lot of Stones music at home the last weeks. More than usual, and that is a lot!! Right now I`m having some beers while watching the Rio concert. Before that the "Some girls" dvd. And coming up: "Let`s spend the night together".

If you guys are having a few beers before the show on sunday please let me know where you are going. If you dont feel it`s to rude for a new man on this forum to join in for a pre-show beer....

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:52

bv
Three days to go. Windy and cold outside. Press event with reordings for the BBC broadcast tomorow. Make sure you see that show. Fragmented rehearsals today, stuff like "The Last Time", "Moonlight Mile" and "Out Of Control". A few people waiting to get stuff signed. Hard to do that in a busy street. I am off for a pint in a warm pub!

Hope you had a good pint BV. I can recommend Abbot Ale if you don't know it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:54

I think we'll all be at the Pilot Inn next to the O2, bv is that the spot ?

Thanks for the reminder about the BBC program on the rehearsals, can't wait to see that, maybe we'll get a preview of the "Tongue Pit", really hoping it's not the 8+ feet "pit" of the Superbowl!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:08

bv

If they do Moonlight Mile and Out of Control on Sunday then I'll be very pleased indeed!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:09

gibsonman
Going to London tomorrow. With my wife and son. One and a half day with shopping and "pleasing the wife" time before the concert.

I have had a hard time getting good sleep the last week. Really excited to see the Stones live again. My wife has had to deal with a lot of Stones music at home the last weeks. More than usual, and that is a lot!! Right now I`m having some beers while watching the Rio concert. Before that the "Some girls" dvd. And coming up: "Let`s spend the night together".

If you guys are having a few beers before the show on sunday please let me know where you are going. If you dont feel it`s to rude for a new man on this forum to join in for a pre-show beer....

I'm excited but it hasn't really sunk in yet! Another day at work to go until the weekend... Then party time.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:30

I`m glad I`m going to London tomorrow. It will get some of me a little bit down just to be going to the city. Because it has sunk in that I am really gonna see the Stones one more time (at least...).There will be lunch at Sticky fingers and visiting som pubs while the wife is shopping. Great weekend!!

Date: November 23, 2012 00:03

YOU DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU WANT THE SHOW ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE SET LIST!!!!

I think they will do both Moonlight Mile and Out of Control on Sunday. They rehearsed both many times lately. And they sound great! Moonlight Mile is the perfect Mick Taylor guest spot. It will last forever. Give the guys stools so the show can last 2 1/2 hours with Moonlight Mile long, long, long. MT improvisations.

Early in the show we might get many early 60's hits like "I wanna Be Your Man", "The Last Time", "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Not Fade Away". Then on to the slower songs and guest spots - then anything might happen. Then for the last hour we will get all the great stuff we love so much including Street Fighting Man, I hope, they did not do that one for some time, but SFM is one of the most important Stones songs for me.

I would not be surprised if we end up with a show of 2h 15 with 25 songs. They have been saving up energy for 5+ years mind you!

Bjornulf

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:06

Thanks BV . It's all brilliant news !

sc uk

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:10

gibsonman

Great post!
I will fly to London Saturday with my wife and a couple of friends;
She will be happy with her friends and I will be at the how as well; I am in Stones' mood and world for a couple of weeks, and it is getting worse...
:-)

Date: November 23, 2012 00:12

Strange thing about pubs here... I did only find one pub. A gaelic one. Next door to the post office, well almost. I do love Guinnes, but that is a drink I do exclusively in Ireland for some reason. But they had London Pride best bitter too, so I was fine. And a fire place. But how come you take the train 10 minutes from central London and suddenly they talk with an accent almost like you were in the Dartfod to Harwich area... Anyway, I love the pub and I will be back there tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:32

Have a great time Bjornulf

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:23

bv
SAS the airliner who have taken me to so many shows the past years was so close to bankruptcy this week-end, but right now it seems as if they will take me back to London still. Business as usual.

If they hand out bungee cords or parachutes at gate check then you might want to book another airline.

Date: November 23, 2012 03:01

bv
YOU DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU WANT THE SHOW ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE SET LIST!!!!

I think they will do both Moonlight Mile and Out of Control on Sunday. They rehearsed both many times lately. And they sound great! Moonlight Mile is the perfect Mick Taylor guest spot. It will last forever. Give the guys stools so the show can last 2 1/2 hours with Moonlight Mile long, long, long. MT improvisations.

Early in the show we might get many early 60's hits like "I wanna Be Your Man", "The Last Time", "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Not Fade Away". Then on to the slower songs and guest spots - then anything might happen. Then for the last hour we will get all the great stuff we love so much including Street Fighting Man, I hope, they did not do that one for some time, but SFM is one of the most important Stones songs for me.

I would not be surprised if we end up with a show of 2h 15 with 25 songs. They have been saving up energy for 5+ years mind you!

I am getting goosebumps all over just reading this! Thanks for the ongoing reports.

Date: November 23, 2012 03:03

sjs12
bv

If they do Moonlight Mile and Out of Control on Sunday then I'll be very pleased indeed!

Two of the greatest Stones songs ever! EVER!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:35

bv
Countdown is the story of my life. Ten days until tour start in London. Forty days until my next Kilimanjaro climb. In-between these dates several Stones shows, family celebrations, Christmas (for 24 hours) and lots of work, work, work.

Rather than having my comments on the new tour spread out on many different threads, I wanted to write in one place. So this will be my day-to-day story of what's on in Stonesland, as seen from my side. Feel free to comment. Please do not expect me to reply at all times. I do get massive amounts on e-mail every day, more than a hundred, both work and Stones, and I have to be selective. But I will give it a try and hopefully we can share some stories, ideas and may be even some secrets.

Today it is exactly one week since I was inside the Paris rehearsals, one of the lucky 32. I flew home to Norway the next morning, as the Stones flew off to New York. Their US trip gave me some breathing time. I reduced the amount of unread e-mail by 150. Even if I do read and handle most e-mail every day, the Paris backlog had become massive, like 250. Tuesday I went to see Keane in Oslo. Great show by the band I saw part of the bill when the Stones performed at Isle of Wight. But my mind was floating between Paris, London, work and family. Next day I was in London.

The video shoot today in London was great. I was afraid these guys might do a bad job, but they were serious. We were filmed on a side street next door to the place I stayed when I prepared for the Brixton Academy queue outside Virgin Megastore in July 1995. Knowing they are filming a hundred or so fans that came from IORR makes be believe they have many great stories for us to see as the band is about to go on stage next Sunday.

London is great! Fish & Chips, a pint of bitter, what more do you need really? Well family, friends and the Stones, of course. Stay tuned!

what more do you need really?

..$831.90......

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:36

JumpinJackOLantern
sjs12

Let's not get delusional and start laying eggs.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: November 23, 2012 04:20

Bjornulf:

Thanks for the updates. I am living this through you. Please keep the updates coming.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: November 23, 2012 08:16

BV, thanks for the advice :

I´ve manage don´t read it!!!!! smiling smiley

Flying tomorrow morning too, I´ll try be taking some beers all around the pub on sunday, if anybody see a shy spanish guy alone, dont doubt in tell me some words!! Laughs......

Thanks stonesrule and rooster, I´ll enjoy it, and I´ll enjoy some drinks in your "honour"!!!

See you everybody on sunday....

Just 2 more days!!!

pd : no spanish people attending to the concert?????

Posted by: alreadyoverme ()
Date: November 23, 2012 10:20

kaskatanas

pd : no spanish people attending to the concert?????

of course yes! well i'm still trying to get my ticket but i will be there ;-) see ya

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 10:49

gibsonman

Very sympathetic post, and so recognizable. My woman is suffering the same here since a couple of weeks. She allows me to travel alone into London. Going through the ABKCO SA-CD's right now, that's as close as the sound of the Stones can get in your living room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 10:53 by shattered1978.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:20

The Sicilian
JumpinJackOLantern
sjs12

Let's not get delusional and start laying eggs.

LOL!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home