Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: September 17, 2012 15:39

ChrisO
Don't mean to start any "new" arguments, but why the dislike for The Crue?

I seen them on Sept. 2nd here in PA and thought KISS should have opened for them!

Seriously the best show I ever saw.
True to their fans they put on a excitingly fun, long & loud show.
Could'nt criticize them at all.

How about bad taste ?
How about exploitation of drunk driving, how about exploitation and cashing in on other peoples death ? - when the lead singer Vince Neil kills the drummer of Hanoi Rocks with drunk driving, and puts two other people in wheelchairs for the rest of their life in that same car crash..and then releases a compiltation album called " Music To Crash Your Car To, Vol 1 & 2" - I would call that poor taste, very very poor taste...what's next: - Gary Glitter compilation " music to rape somebodys children to"...I mean really ?? How can anyone go lower than Motley, when it comes to bad taste...

Date: September 17, 2012 15:46

seitan
ChrisO
Don't mean to start any "new" arguments, but why the dislike for The Crue?

I seen them on Sept. 2nd here in PA and thought KISS should have opened for them!

Seriously the best show I ever saw.
True to their fans they put on a excitingly fun, long & loud show.
Could'nt criticize them at all.

How about bad taste ?
How about exploitation of drunk driving, how about exploitation and cashing in on other peoples death ? - when the lead singer Vince Neil kills the drummer of Hanoi Rocks with drunk driving, and puts two other people in wheelchairs for the rest of their life in that same car crash..and then releases a compiltation album called " Music To Crash Your Car To, Vol 1 & 2" - I would call that poor taste, very very poor taste...what's next: - Gary Glitter compilation " music to rape somebodys children to"...I mean really ?? How can anyone go lower than Motley, when it comes to bad taste...

That is bad taste, indeed... thumbs down

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 15:56

[url=

][/url]

Date: September 17, 2012 16:21

More Hot Rocks
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
More Hot Rocks
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
More Hot Rocks
They are a chicks band. Just like Rascall Flats. If your a guy and listen to this. Go put your sisters dress on.

Whoooooooa dude. That's over the top there. Rascall Flats? Motley Crue is nowhere near that awful crap.

I'm just saying that they are both chicks bands. Embarassing for a guy to like.

Chicks don't like Rascall Flats.

What? My neice took me to one of thier shows. I think I was one of the only guys there. Ratio had to be 50:1 girls to guys.

Perhaps you were somewhere special? In my part of the world I don't know ANYONE that likes them. They are the sound of what used toilet paper looks like.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 17, 2012 16:36

Kiss and M. Crue. Both are joke bands to me. Can't take them serious.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 16:39

Never got the 80's hair band scene... Party and music ( in that order of importance ).

Date: September 17, 2012 16:48

Quite a belly on ol' Vince! Not very intimidating either.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 17, 2012 19:03

Absolutely horrible band, for my ears. And it's not "too heavy" , it's just embarrassing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-17 22:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 17, 2012 19:29

I like 'em like I like most 80's hair metal - they remind me of a fun, much more relaxed time of my life.

(Putting on sister's dress now) LOL

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: September 17, 2012 22:40

Not to be harsh but: their music blows and they're a dumb, clownish group.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 17, 2012 22:44

keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
Nikki Sixx is a talentless poser. He thinks he's cool, but actually he's the only one who thinks that.
But on the other hand: Dr Feelgood & their debut are fun albums. Even a track or two I like from Shout at the devil.

And yes; The Dirt is a great read even if you think there's a lot of made up stuff in there.

so you say sixx is talentless and then say they have some ok songs? sixd writes pretty much everything they do

I wrote some ok songs myself, but I have no talent whatsoever.
What makes those crue songs fun is that massive bob rock sound on the dr feelgood album. And the opposite on the debut...amateurish but fun. The songs themselves are never an example of great songwriting. A lot of it is nicked.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:07

Loud garage band.......

Date: September 17, 2012 23:11

BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
Nikki Sixx is a talentless poser. He thinks he's cool, but actually he's the only one who thinks that.
But on the other hand: Dr Feelgood & their debut are fun albums. Even a track or two I like from Shout at the devil.

And yes; The Dirt is a great read even if you think there's a lot of made up stuff in there.

so you say sixx is talentless and then say they have some ok songs? sixd writes pretty much everything they do

What makes those crue songs fun is that massive bob rock sound on the dr feelgood album. And the opposite on the debut...amateurish but fun. The songs themselves are never an example of great songwriting. A lot of it is nicked.

well sixx has written hits for other artists (meatloaf, lia ford, alice cooper, saliva) and a few others so he must be doing something right

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:15

I like Mötley Crüe, saw them 2x live and would also go for a 3rd time.

But this performance is an absolute loser performance. How would Mick Jagger act, when this would happen to him at 1:00 ?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:22

keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone

well sixx has written hits for other artists (meatloaf, lia ford, alice cooper, saliva) and a few others so he must be doing something right

Hits? I checked the list. There is just one song I know... And that's because I own the Hey Stoopid album.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:26

ChrisO
Max'sKansasCity
ChrisO

People are very opionated about their music. Seems thier concert tickets and cd sales aren't hurting.
Everyone was havin fun and pleased at the show I was at. Alot of happy drunk people with no fights or Hells Angels.

Thanks to all so far...Yay's and Nay's!!!!

Chris

That is not to say a Crue show can not be dangerous....
One time I almost lost an eye at a Mötley Crüe concert...

That fateful day we had purchased at the box office some just released " day of the show tickets" which had us sitting standing in the front row of the balconey, five feet away from the ramp thing that came directly over to us on stage right.... It was a great side view of the stage and all of the guys spent some time over there with us... you know... Mick doing his solos, Vince asking us "if we were having fun" etc etc... anyway... at one point two extra tall, gorgeous, TALL AND BUXOM hotties came in to our row and decided they should start sharing our area... which was fine with us....it was a rocking, dancing, good time.... anyway.... so at one point Tommy Lee started doing his thing where he shines his spot light around on willing wanton women to flash em/us/them..... so Tommy comes over to our edge and he is spot lighting the hotty right next to me... and before I realized the gravity of the situation and as I turned my head to see... Long Tall Sally had unleashed herself and was gyrating herself all around... and as I turned my head, one of her very perky nipples dang near hit me right in the eye ball, but instead she poked me right in the nose and around my chin. And the moral is... be very careful, you could lose an eye, and then it wouldnt be so funny.

That is a true story.

Max'sKansasCity,

I bout spit my coffee on my new DeLL flatscreen!
Too Funny!
Thank you for this!

Chris

My pleasure Chris... I/we always seeemd to have a blast a Crue shows.. and for a while back in the 90s they welcomed people to bring in their video recorders and tape the shows... that was fun... One of my favorite show was when The Scorpions opened for them and we had 2nd row and taped the whole thing... it was a blast... and it seemed to drive the security guys nuts, video recording right in front of them... but it was allowed... then to be able to go back to the house and see it all again.... Lots of fun... and I dont worry about what Aunt Bea says about the Crue, or anything else, I stopped long defending them. I dont care if she likes them or not... its just the way things are.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:33

Ladykiller
I like Mötley Crüe, saw them 2x live and would also go for a 3rd time.

But this performance is an absolute loser performance. How would Mick Jagger act, when this would happen to him at 1:00 ?

LOL!!!

Date: September 17, 2012 23:35

BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone

Hits? I checked the list. There is just one song I know... And that's because I own the Hey Stoopid album.

so because you don't know the artists/songs they weren't hits? the song he wrote for saliva was one of the biggest rock radio hits, the song he wrote for lita ford was a rock radio hit and had a music video, he wrote pretty much the first half of meatloaf's album COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER including the title track that had a pretty popular video.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:01

This is SO Off Topic

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:13

Not really into motley crue but I know where you're coming from. I have said i like some early KISS albums on this site and got jumped. I also said i didn"t like zeppelin and pissed off people. I've been a Stones freak my whole life but if you don't like the usual suspects on here-beatles,floyd,zeppelin,etc. you're an idiot.Especially a band like motley crue or KISS. Some bands like these have made some fun party rock albums but the "critics" don't like them.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:34

Maybe because their music Blows Monkey Ass!!1

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:10

Mick Mars aka Bob Deal...can really play.

The Dr Feelgood album is the greatest stripper music ever..ever

Although i'm not aware of a band trying to duplicate it's success...

Date: September 18, 2012 01:22

SKILLS
Mick Mars aka Bob Deal...can really play.....
thumbs up
He sure can.... and does.

Some bands have Sympathy for the devil, some bands Shout at the devil.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:17

I read an article where Mötley Crüe said they had researchers do a demographic study of who made up their fan base. And one Crüe member said (I forget which one), "Our fans are largely gas pumpers. White trash. Which is cool, 'cause so are we."

Date: September 18, 2012 03:23

Title5Take1
I read an article where Mötley Crüe said they had researchers do a demographic study of who made up their fan base. And one Crüe member said (I forget which one), "Our fans are largely gas pumpers. White trash. Which is cool, 'cause so are we."
So everyone who pumps gas is white trash?

Date: September 18, 2012 03:26

Can anyone here give me the location of a filling station which still provides someone to pump the gas into your vehicle? Because according to whats-his-name up there, anyone pumps their own gas is white trash... I guess they meant that even if one is black, yellow or red etc etc etc.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:48

Max'sKansasCity
Can anyone here give me the location of a filling station which still provides someone to pump the gas into your vehicle? Because according to whats-his-name up there, anyone pumps their own gas is white trash... I guess they meant that even if one is black, yellow or red etc etc etc.

I think that poster means "works in a gas station" as opposed to the self-serve method of pumping your own gas, which is the standard method these days. At convenience-store type stations, for instance, you go in and pre-pay, telling the person behind the counter which pump you want to use, who then activates the pump for the amount you have paid. You then go out to the pump, have your fill, then get in your vehicle and drive off, leaving the presumably white-trash (though they seem to all be Latino or Indian now), metal-blasting worker behind the counter to step out for a ciggie break...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:50

Max'sKansasCity

Sure Max'sKS, just head to New Jersey. I was surprised to discover that you cannot pump your own gas there, by law they have attendants who do it for you. I would, however, think twice before calling one of them white trash...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:11

SKILLS
Mick Mars aka Bob Deal...can really play.

The Dr Feelgood album is the greatest stripper music ever..ever

Although i'm not aware of a band trying to duplicate it's success...

Prince's 'Cream' gives it a run for the money IMHO

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:19

"Gas pumpers" was the term used by a Motley Crue member (I think it was Nikki Sixx). I personally don't think it was negative coming from him, because he then said Motley Crue are all white trash, too.

One of my favorite mocumentaries is about white trash. Check out "Fubar II" (the sequel is a lot better than the first "Fubar" ). It even has rock n roll in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 19:36 by Title5Take1.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home