Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: September 19, 2012 01:03

Max'sKansasCity
The proof is in the pudding. All of people on this thread whom have actually seen the Crue recently posted that they enjoyed the concert... and I bet if we asked the band, they would say "What else, and who else, matters?"

Good to see the original poster keep a positive attitude through out this thread in the face of fairly predictable results... predictable right down to the page 5 comment "How can this thread still be going?"

Hi Max'sKansaCity,
I figure it this way... I have a SUPER Wife of 29 1/2 yrs, a respectable hardworking 16yr son that likes music as much as I do...Although we have a heavy Zep/Stones rivalry where he likes L.Z. and I like the Stones. I gotta a fairly good job, minus working all three shifts.

Its always interesting to hear peoples likes and dislikes when it comes to music, and I figure its not worth getting upset over.
There's bigger fish to fry in day to day life as it is.
Thank you Max very much for your post!!!
Chris

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 19, 2012 01:07

ChrisO
Max'sKansasCity
The proof is in the pudding. All of people on this thread whom have actually seen the Crue recently posted that they enjoyed the concert... and I bet if we asked the band, they would say "What else, and who else, matters?"

Good to see the original poster keep a positive attitude through out this thread in the face of fairly predictable results... predictable right down to the page 5 comment "How can this thread still be going?"

Hi Max'sKansaCity,
I figure it this way... I have a SUPER Wife of 29 1/2 yrs, a respectable hardworking 16yr son that likes music as much as I do...Although we have a heavy Zep/Stones rivalry where he likes L.Z. and I like the Stones. I gotta a fairly good job, minus working all three shifts.

Its always interesting to hear peoples likes and dislikes when it comes to music, and I figure its not worth getting upset over.
There's bigger fish to fry in day to day life as it is.
Thank you Max very much for your post!!!
Chris

Right on Chris!... and congratulations on your many successes thumbs up

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 19, 2012 02:51

The original poster asked why people *disliked* the band, not why anyone liked them. Hence the negative responses.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:06

These guys have a pretty impressive tour history too.

Anywhere, USA – Northern California Tour (1981)
Too Fast For Love Tour (1981–1982)
Crüesing Through Canada (1982)
Mötley Crüe World Tour (1983–1984)
Welcome To The Theatre Of Pain Tour (1985–1986)
Girls, Girls, Girls World Tour 87/88 (1987)
Moscow Music Peace Festival (1989)
Dr. Feelgood World Tour '89–'90 (1989–1990)
Monsters Of Rock Tour 1991 (1991)
Anywhere There's Electricity Tour Of The Americas 1994 (1994)
Anywhere There's Electricity Japan Tour (1994)
Live Swine Listening Party (1997)
Mötley Crüe vs. The Earth Tour (1997)
Greatest Hits Tour (1998–1999)
Maximum Rock Tour (with Scorpions – 1999)
Welcome To The Freekshow Tour (1999)
Maximum Rock 2000 Tour (with Megadeth – 2000)
New Tattoo Japan Tour 2000 (2000)
Red, White & Crüe Tour 2005...Better Live Than Dead (2005)
Carnival Of Sins Tour (2005–2006)
Route of All Evil Tour (with Aerosmith – 2006)
Mötley Crüe Tour 2007 (2007)
Crüe Fest (with Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx:A.M. and Trapt – 2008)
Saints Of Los Angeles Tour (2008–09)
Crüe Fest 2 (with Godsmack, Theory Of A Deadman, Drowning Pool 2009)
The Dead of Winter Canadian Tour (2010)
Ozzfest 2010 Tour (2010)
Sonisphere Festival (2010)
Glam-A-Geddon (2011) (with Poison and New York Dolls)
Mötley Crüe 30th Anniversary Japan Tour (October 2011)
Mötley Crüe tour of England (2011)
European Tour (2012)
The Tour with Kiss (2012)

Date: September 19, 2012 03:34

Max'sKansasCity

tht's great and all, but i wouldnt go see motley crew if they paid me

what a miserable, awful band. truly awful. i have a theory that the groupies that slept with the drag-queen-looking 80's glam rockers like motley crue are now or always were, lesbians. they were attracted to the makeup, chiffon, pink furs and hairspray for unconscious reasons. they had no fucken idea. it was the gateway to sporting a bowl-cut and camping out for Melissa Ethridge tickets.

anyways, i cant believe valuable space is wasted on a STONES (yes real band, real musicians, real musical talent) site with 'hanoi rocks' and 'mothly crue' cheerleaders.. everyone has their own musical taste. not everyone has good taste. this thread proves that hands down. in fact, America, for the most part, still has atrocious taste in tunes. case in point; American Idol still moves products. i rest my case your honor.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:43

pinkfloydthebarber
Max'sKansasCity

what a miserable, awful band. truly awful. i have a theory that the groupies that slept with the drag-queen-looking 80's glam rockers like motley crue are now or always were, lesbians. they were attracted to the makeup, chiffon, pink furs and hairspray for unconscious reasons. they had no fucken idea. it was the gateway to sporting a bowl-cut and camping out for Melissa Ethridge tickets.

anyways, i cant believe valuable space is wasted on a STONES (yes real band, real musicians, real musical talent) site with 'hanoi rocks' and 'mothly crue' cheerleaders.. everyone has their own musical taste. not everyone has good taste. this thread proves that hands down. in fact, America, for the most part, still has atrocious taste in tunes. case in point; American Idol still moves products. i rest my case your honor.

Yeah... the only predictableness we were missing in this thread was some anti-American sentiment... but that is taken care of now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-19 03:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:47

Max'sKansasCity
pinkfloydthebarber
Max'sKansasCity

Yeah... the only predictableness we were missing in this thread was some anti-American sentiment... but that is taken care of now.

arent you the guy that posted the obama gorilla? i'd say that was pretty anti american

again your honour i rest my case

Date: September 19, 2012 03:50

I remember one tour we went to and I knew Tommy was not drumming but I didnt pay attention to who was until we got there... and I looked up and low and behold it was Samantha Maloney behind the kit kicking ass. I knew her from drumming for Hole... I wonder if there is video of that... lemme look...

Date: September 19, 2012 03:51

pinkfloydthebarber

arent you the guy that posted the obama gorilla? i'd say that was pretty anti american

again your honour i rest my case

Typically when one rests their case, they stop posting in the thread.

Date: September 19, 2012 04:00

okay

you just keep on posting how great motley creuw is, or was, or whatever, and enjoy yourself. maybe next you ll start talking about how fabulous lizzy borden, trixter, quiet riot, warrant, skid row or the bulletboys were.

meanwhile i'll go put on let it bleed

you know, by the stones

real music.

Date: September 19, 2012 04:03

pinkfloydthebarber
okay

you just keep on posting how great motley creuw is, or was, or whatever, and enjoy yourself. maybe next you ll start talking about how fabulous lizzy borden, trixter, quiet riot, warrant, skid row or the bulletboys were.

you know, by the stones

real music.

Yeah, I pretty much post whatever the fk I want to...
I have never been one to be influenced by the narrow minded.

Date: September 19, 2012 04:16

Shall we finish it off with another with Ms Samantha Maloney on drums?
I love love love lust Rock and Roll playing women... I really do

Date: September 19, 2012 04:59

pinkfloydthebarber
okay

you know, by the stones

real music.

why do you keep posting about musically unrelated bands based off of when they came out? bulletboys never wore makeup and are a van halen knockoff. lizzy borden is an iron maiden style metal band

Date: September 19, 2012 05:02

why invite him back? just to argue?

Date: September 19, 2012 06:05

keefriffhard4life
pinkfloydthebarber
okay

you know, by the stones

real music.

why do you keep posting about musically unrelated bands based off of when they came out? bulletboys never wore makeup and are a van halen knockoff. lizzy borden is an iron maiden style metal band

great..bulletboys? who the f*ck cares

another guy schooled in shitbag, not even relative or decisively important 'music'

i' ll stick to the stones

put on your mascara and enjoy yourselves

Date: September 19, 2012 06:31

pinkfloydthebarber
keefriffhard4life
pinkfloydthebarber
okay

you know, by the stones

real music.

great..bulletboys? who the f*ck cares

another guy schooled in shitbag, not even relative or decisively important 'music'

i' ll stick to the stones

put on your mascara and enjoy yourselves

dude half of the bands you are naming never wore makeup and are totally unrelated to the actually sound of glam. listen to the twisted sister songs i posted and you'll see they started out as an actual 70's glam rock band that got heavier over time. statement straight from the band that in late 1978 they were going to drop the makeup because glam rock was dead and dee snider talked the rest of the band into keeping it because it would set them apart and make them look different since glam rock was dead. not their fault the glam look came back in style about 5 years later.

also mick jagger is wearing more makeup in the ladies and gentleman dvd than anyone in skid row ever did. they were a regular hard rock band

Date: September 19, 2012 09:09

pinkfloydthebarber
GumbootCloggeroo
phelge
"They are much like the Stones" Oh no they're not!

The trouble with bands like Motley Crue is that they don't swing. They aren't funky in a way that bands like The Stones are. They are lumpen, boring and a strain on the ears. See also Guns and Roses, Poison, Ratt etc.
But they're not up there doing Chuck Berry covers.
Not EVERY band has to swing! I'm sick of people using that as an excuse as to why a band sucks and the Stones are better. Blah blah blah.

i think the point there about 'swing' was, uh, the stones had a remarkable rhythm section and these glam bands ummm..... didnt

how in the world are hanoi rocks interchangeable with any of the glam l.a. bands?

glam bands from ANYWHERE are all interchangeable

even extreme metal heads (i know many, unfortunately) hated glam 'metal. thats because when they look at an alum cover of a metal band like say iron maiden (who also sucks far as i am concerned) they want to say " oh my god, how can someone draw that," not "is the one on the left a girl?"

Seemingly, you haven't listened to Hanoi Rocks, if you mistake them for a "glam metal band" just by looking at them.

Glam metal bands don't use piano, harp and saxophones, nor do they base their music heavily on the blues...

Date: September 19, 2012 09:39

DandelionPowderman
pinkfloydthebarber
GumbootCloggeroo
phelge
"They are much like the Stones" Oh no they're not!

The trouble with bands like Motley Crue is that they don't swing. They aren't funky in a way that bands like The Stones are. They are lumpen, boring and a strain on the ears. See also Guns and Roses, Poison, Ratt etc.
But they're not up there doing Chuck Berry covers.
Not EVERY band has to swing! I'm sick of people using that as an excuse as to why a band sucks and the Stones are better. Blah blah blah.

i think the point there about 'swing' was, uh, the stones had a remarkable rhythm section and these glam bands ummm..... didnt

how in the world are hanoi rocks interchangeable with any of the glam l.a. bands?

glam bands from ANYWHERE are all interchangeable

even extreme metal heads (i know many, unfortunately) hated glam 'metal. thats because when they look at an alum cover of a metal band like say iron maiden (who also sucks far as i am concerned) they want to say " oh my god, how can someone draw that," not "is the one on the left a girl?"

Seemingly, you haven't listened to Hanoi Rocks, if you mistake them for a "glam metal band" just by looking at them.

Glam metal bands don't use piano, harp and saxophones, nor do they base their music heavily on the blues...

yeah i tried to tell him. glam metal isn't just a look but has an actual sound to it too. glam bands like motley crue, poison, pretty boy floyd, faster pussycat, ratt, etc at one point all followed a pretty similar template for sound but then changed over time. bands like white lion, warrant, dokken and bulletboys are pop metal bands but don't fall into the glam metal category.

twisted sister, quiet riot, w.a.s.p. and lizzy borden are just 80's styled mainstream metal bands with over the top looks and skid row is a straight up hard rock band

Posted by: folke ()
Date: September 19, 2012 09:44

I can't stand Vince Neil's singing voice and the sound of Mick Mars's guitar (boring guitar solos). Therefore my dislike for Mötley Crüe.

Date: September 19, 2012 15:00

Max'sKansasCity
Shall we finish it off with another with Ms Samantha Maloney on drums?
I love love love lust Rock and Roll playing women... I really do

This is why I will be seeing the Crue everytime they tour from now till they stop, or my heart does! OH, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 19, 2012 18:02

Date: September 19, 2012 20:48

Gazza

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could find stuff like this!
Thank you Gazza :-)

Date: September 20, 2012 00:51

wow

endless pages on hanoi rocks, twisted sister, motley crue...i mean this has got to take the prize for alltime waste of space. i can't believe this is even a thread. some guy even telling me to WATCH the twisted sister video's he posted, you know, the band with a fucken CLOWN for a lead singer. as if, pal..!!

and then some other joker tryin to tell me hanoi rocks is a BLUES band even though they drew (stole?) much of their look, sound and inspiration from '70s glam rock like the Dolls, who werent blues either

motley crue? that's just unlistenable horsesh*t, but hey guess what? one of these bozo's says you are 'narrow minded' if you dont listen to songs by these horrible musically deprived idiots!

if every copy of everything Motley Crue ever did accidentally fell into a big huge raging inferno of a fire, I wouldn't complain. i'd throw gasoline on it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 00:53 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Date: September 20, 2012 01:49

pinkfloydthebarber
wow

endless pages on hanoi rocks, twisted sister, motley crue...i mean this has got to take the prize for alltime waste of space. i can't believe this is even a thread. some guy even telling me to WATCH the twisted sister video's he posted, you know, the band with a fucken CLOWN for a lead singer. as if, pal..!!

and then some other joker tryin to tell me hanoi rocks is a BLUES band even though they drew (stole?) much of their look, sound and inspiration from '70s glam rock like the Dolls, who werent blues either

motley crue? that's just unlistenable horsesh*t, but hey guess what? one of these bozo's says you are 'narrow minded' if you dont listen to songs by these horrible musically deprived idiots!

if every copy of everything Motley Crue ever did accidentally fell into a big huge raging inferno of a fire, I wouldn't complain. i'd throw gasoline on it

so you know you are right about everything based off of guesses and assumptions? let me guess you are a police officer

Date: September 20, 2012 01:50

pinkfloydthebarber
wow

Like the Energizer bunny... you just keep going and going...

If you replaced all the words you typed like "Crue" and "Hanoi" with "gays" and "homosexuals"... people would probably accuse you of being homophobic and comment that you might be a closeted gay. You seem to be very Crueophobic... so maybe you are a closeted Crue fan and just dont want to admit it to yourself, friends and family... not that there is anything wrong with that.

I see a wide variety of bands and genres of music metioned on IORR, but even whne I dont like them, I never feel compelled to rain hate on them, why would I? Why would I waste time on something I dont like or care about? If someone had asked why the dislike for folk music, I might have posted one time explaining it, but I would probably not even check back for the replies.

Why keep replying over and over when you hate something so much? Do you think saying the same thing, for the 10th time, that someone will all of sudden agree with you? really?

Date: September 20, 2012 01:52

pinkfloydthebarber
wow

endless pages on hanoi rocks, twisted sister, motley crue...i mean this has got to take the prize for alltime waste of space.

No, Ted Nugent owns that title here on IORR.

Date: September 20, 2012 02:05

Max'sKansasCity
pinkfloydthebarber
wow

Like the Energizer bunny... you just keep going and going...

If you replaced all the words you typed like "Crue" and "Hanoi" with "gays" and "homosexuals"... people would probably accuse you of being homophobic and comment that you might be a closeted gay. You seem to be very Crueophobic... so maybe you are a closeted Crue fan and just dont want to admit it to yourself, friends and family... not that there is anything wrong with that.

I see a wide variety of bands and genres of music metioned on IORR, but even whne I dont like them, I never feel compelled to rain hate on them, why would I? Why would I waste time on something I dont like or care about? If someone had asked why the dislike for folk music, I might have posted one time explaining it, but I would probably not even check back for the replies.

Why keep replying over and over when you hate something so much? Do you think saying the same thing, for the 10th time, that someone will all of sudden agree with you? really?

he admits he didn't listen to any songs i posted by twisted sister from the 70's yet has an opinion on how the band originally sounded.
lizzy borden sounded just like judas priest or iron maiden yet this guy says they sound like poison:

Date: September 20, 2012 02:09

keefriffhard4life

he admits he didn't listen to any songs i posted by twisted sister from the 70's yet has an opinion on how the band originally sounded.
lizzy borden sounded just like judas priest or iron maiden yet this guy says they sound like poison:
And the plot thickens... da-da-da-dom!!!

winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2012 02:12

yeah i tried to tell him. glam metal isn't just a look but has an actual sound to it too. glam bands like motley crue, poison, pretty boy floyd, faster pussycat, ratt, etc at one point all followed a pretty similar template for sound but then changed over time. bands like white lion, warrant, dokken and bulletboys are pop metal bands but don't fall into the glam metal category.

twisted sister, quiet riot, w.a.s.p. and lizzy borden are just 80's styled mainstream metal bands with over the top looks and skid row is a straight up hard rock band

- gosh great, thanks for the breakdown there pal!! and for distinguishing 'pop metal from 'glam metal' !! ke-rist, i couldn't live without knowing this tidbit of non information. but really, we all know it was about make-up, feathered hair, spandex pants and men singing like girls

but nonetheless they all had two things in common besides being a metal sub-genre; no matter how you want to categorize them they all sounded like shit, and they all dressed like idiots to get attention. and just because three million idiots went out and bought whatever the record company shoved under their noses doesn't mean the music was any good

and i think they were terrible musically in part because their ears get clogged due to bad hair extensions

and skid row? are you fucken kidding me? how you guys can be stones fan and listen to that shit, too, and even argue for its credibility, is beyond me; all these crappy bands you seem to adore are bottom feeders on the musical food chain; their music was bad in its 'heyday,' and has not aged well at all

dont like that assessment? fine with me. i'm just not used to arguing with adults who try and defend bands with lead singers who dress like CLOWNS, because that is usually the position of some 12 year old who thinks 'winger' is the end all to be all

and by the way even kiss never sounded as bad as skid row. let’s lay the balls on the table, ok? skid row is pathetic. sebastian bach is a moron and cant sing. just another run of the mill band that choose to indulge in drugs, women and hairspray over devoting a little time to creating something that hadn’t been heard a thousand times over by other crappy bands just like them

if I were in that band I would have paid one of the roadies to adjust the volume of Sebastian Bach's microphone, like adjusted to 'off.' anyway his real last name is bierk, not bach. so why in the hell does this guy name himself after the great Johann Sebastian Bach? if you see 'sebastian bach in a headline you'd think they were talking about J.S. Bach, but then it turns out its about some dumb ass that looks a lot like a woman

Date: September 20, 2012 02:15

pinkfloydthebarber

- gosh great, thanks for the breakdown there pal!! and for distinguishing 'pop metal from 'glam metal' !! ke-rist, i couldn't live without knowing this tidbit of non information. but really, we all know it was about make-up, feathered hair, spandex pants and men singing like girls

but nonetheless they all had two things in common besides being a metal sub-genre; no matter how you want to categorize them they all sounded like shit, and they all dressed like idiots to get attention. and just because three million idiots went out and bought whatever the record company shoved under their noses doesn't mean the music was any good

and i think they were terrible musically in part because their ears get clogged due to bad hair extensions

and skid row? are you fucken kidding me? how you guys can be stones fan and listen to that shit, too, and even argue for its credibility, is beyond me; all these crappy bands you seem to adore are bottom feeders on the musical food chain; their music was bad in its 'heyday,' and has not aged well at all

dont like that assessment? fine with me. i'm just not used to arguing with adults who try and defend bands with lead singers who dress like CLOWNS, because that is usually the position of some 12 year old who thinks 'winger' is the end all to be all

and by the way even kiss never sounded as bad as skid row. let’s lay the balls on the table, ok? skid row is pathetic. sebastian bach is a moron and cant sing. just another run of the mill band that choose to indulge in drugs, women and hairspray over devoting a little time to creating something that hadn’t been heard a thousand times over by other crappy bands just like them

if I were in that band I would have paid one of the roadies to adjust the volume of Sebastian Bach's microphone, like adjusted to 'off.' anyway his real last name is bierk, not bach. so why in the hell does this guy name himself after the great Johann Sebastian Bach? if you see 'sebastian bach in a headline you'd think they were talking about J.S. Bach, but then it turns out its about some dumb ass that looks a lot like a woman

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home