Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2012 07:31

silly ass fun loving party rock and roll, how could anyone get mad about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 07:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 20, 2012 07:34

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

- well man, if I wanted a transvestite to sing to me like he just sucked a tank of helium I'd go downtown with my rubbers and fifty dollars

and just lookit the title of this thread - 'Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?' - i mean the guy was ASKING for it. literally. and he got it. from me, anyway.

I've been desperately trying to stay on the sidelines on this one, but this has to be the single funniest thing anyone has said here in a long time.

Look, anyone can like whatever they like, but when soomeone literally titles a thread "why the dislike for Motley Crue" on a Stones site, that person is indeed asking for it. Let's do "why the dislike for Donny Osmond" next. It has just as much relevance.
So many people "coming out" on this thread .... who would have thought tele would be a fan of "One bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch" and "Puppy Love" ?

Didn't say I WAS a fan, but to be truthful, I don't think those songs are any more silly than the stuff put out by glam metal bands. Both are different kinds of cartoons. But like I said, people like what they like. I just think neither artist is related to the Stones music in any way. But it makes for another amusing thread, I suppose. Carry on.
Its a pie fight in here.... ya better watch out

Nothing like a good pie fight!

Date: September 20, 2012 07:36

Well....... unless it a good rootbeer float

Date: September 20, 2012 07:44

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

- well man, if I wanted a transvestite to sing to me like he just sucked a tank of helium I'd go downtown with my rubbers and fifty dollars

and just lookit the title of this thread - 'Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?' - i mean the guy was ASKING for it. literally. and he got it. from me, anyway.

I've been desperately trying to stay on the sidelines on this one, but this has to be the single funniest thing anyone has said here in a long time.

Look, anyone can like whatever they like, but when soomeone literally titles a thread "why the dislike for Motley Crue" on a Stones site, that person is indeed asking for it. Let's do "why the dislike for Donny Osmond" next. It has just as much relevance.
So many people "coming out" on this thread .... who would have thought tele would be a fan of "One bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch" and "Puppy Love" ?

Didn't say I WAS a fan, but to be truthful, I don't think those songs are any more silly than the stuff put out by glam metal bands. Both are different kinds of cartoons. But like I said, people like what they like. I just think neither artist is related to the Stones music in any way. But it makes for another amusing thread, I suppose. Carry on.

some of the silly glam songs:
faster pussycat- "house of pain" about child abuse and then child abandonment
"pulling weeds"- about unnecessary abortion

poison- "something to believe in" about a friends recent death, the mistreatment and mental state of vietnam vets
"life goes on" about one of the members girlfriend being shot and killed

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2012 11:54

keefriffhard4life
Gazza
Best OT thread on here in ages..... I'm crying with laughter at some of this stuff.
i assume you're crying with laughter at the ignorant stones fans who think the band have been relevant sometime during the last 30 years

All of it. Dont be so precious.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 20, 2012 12:04

MC don't have a lot of timeless songs but they did manage to crank a few good tunes in their day. And The Dirt is a great read.

Date: September 20, 2012 12:10

I can not believe it has been over 20 years since they put
out "Decade of Decadence".... where the hell does time go?

1. "Live Wire" (Kick Ass '91 Remix) Nikki Sixx 3:16
2. "Piece of Your Action" (Screamin' '91 Remix) Vince Neil, Sixx 4:39
3. "Shout at the Devil" Sixx 3:14
4. "Looks That Kill" Sixx 4:08
5. "Home Sweet Home '91" (Remix) Neil, Sixx, Tommy Lee 4:01
6. "Smokin' in the Boys Room" Cub Koda, Michael Lutz 3:27
7. "Girls, Girls, Girls" Mick Mars, Sixx, Lee 4:29
8. "Wild Side" Neil, Sixx, Lee 4:40
9. "Dr. Feelgood" Mars, Sixx 4:48
10. "Kickstart My Heart" (Live at Dallas, Texas, July 1990) Sixx 4:57
11. "Teaser" Tommy Bolin, Jeff Cook 5:16
12. "Rock 'N' Roll Junkie" Mars, Sixx, Lee 4:01
13. "Primal Scream" (Previously unreleased) Neil, Mars, Sixx, Lee 4:46
14. "Angela" (Previously unreleased) Neil, Mars, Sixx, Lee 3:54
15. "Anarchy in the U.K." (Sex Pistols cover) Johnny Rotten, Steve Jones, Glen Matlock, Paul Cook 3:20

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 12:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 20, 2012 13:09

while its not really the same the rolling stones started out pretty much an r&b/blues cover band who liked chuck berry. as time went on the stones dabbled in almost every form of music.

most of these hair bands were in their teens when they started and got signed. the first few albums were pretty much all dumb fun songs but as time went on and they got older they tried to branch out a bit and get a little serious. thats about when their fans dropped them like a bad habit. kinda funny and odd that the fans didn't want to hear these bands tackle anything that was meaningful

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: September 20, 2012 13:42

keefriffhard4life
while its not really the same the rolling stones started out pretty much an r&b/blues cover band who liked chuck berry. as time went on the stones dabbled in almost every form of music.

most of these hair bands were in their teens when they started and got signed. the first few albums were pretty much all dumb fun songs but as time went on and they got older they tried to branch out a bit and get a little serious. thats about when their fans dropped them like a bad habit. kinda funny and odd that the fans didn't want to hear these bands tackle anything that was meaningful

It's because people who like Motley, Kiss, Poison, Guns N Roses, etc..are 12 years old. They are not old enough to listen meaningful music, and when they do get old enough they dont wanna listen childrens songs anymore.

Date: September 20, 2012 13:58

""whenever you post all i can think of is a guy with his pants pulled up to his chin, shaking his fist and yelling "hey you kids get off of my lawn...""

funny.. I see the image of Aunt Bea....

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 20, 2012 14:58

Been a fan since Dr. Feelgood when I was 13. Great stuff - completely miss all that 80's hair metal stuff!! To me, the best class of music, but then I'm biased cuz I grew up on it all. I've never actually seen them live - only on TV, but from the performances that I've seen on TV, I think I'd rather see Poison live than Motley Crue, and I'm not a huge huge Poison fan, although I do like them, but songwise, I definitely prefer the Crue to Poison, who've done a fine job of going the Stones way with milking everything out of their past without producing any real new music in decades......

BTW, the Crue's last album, Saints of Los Angeles, I thought was a fantastic album - on par with Dr. Feelgood.

Date: September 20, 2012 15:08

seitan
keefriffhard4life

It's because people who like Motley, Kiss, Poison, Guns N Roses, etc..are 12 years old. They are not old enough to listen meaningful music, and when they do get old enough they dont wanna listen childrens songs anymore.

well not guns n roses. the use your illusion albums were pretty serious and each one has sold about 9 million copies here in the usa

Date: September 20, 2012 15:14

VoodooLounge13
Been a fan since Dr. Feelgood when I was 13. Great stuff - completely miss all that 80's hair metal stuff!! To me, the best class of music, but then I'm biased cuz I grew up on it all. I've never actually seen them live - only on TV, but from the performances that I've seen on TV, I think I'd rather see Poison live than Motley Crue, and I'm not a huge huge Poison fan, although I do like them, but songwise, I definitely prefer the Crue to Poison, who've done a fine job of going the Stones way with milking everything out of their past without producing any real new music in decades......

BTW, the Crue's last album, Saints of Los Angeles, I thought was a fantastic album - on par with Dr. Feelgood.
Right on VL.... If they come close to you, then you should probably go see them... esp if if you have been a fan so long and have not seen them live. TV/recorded never does any music justice, ya know? Looks like there are 3 dates left on this tour (maybe check craigslist and/or box office day of the show for good cheap tickets) if you are in the New Jersey or Connecticut area.

Sep 21 Fri
PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ
07:00 PM
THE TOUR 2012: KISS AND MÖTLEY CRÜE
Details: KISS, Mötley Crüe, The Treatment

Sep 22 Sat
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater Wantagh, NY

Sep 23 Sun
Comcast Theatre Hartford, CT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 15:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: September 20, 2012 15:20

OK Fella's,
I just got home from my last midnight.
I only get to check this about once a day.

If possable I wanta close down this topic as I'm thinkin just about everyone that likes or doesn't like Motley Crue has posted.

I didn't mean for any bad feelings to rise out of the ashes or cause arguments among us members here.

My Wife can't stand PJ Harvey...PJ's my "other" favorite and I don't like some of her music either, but we still love each other like crazy!

Yes, we all love The Rolling Stones and can't wait to see if thier gonna tour soon! Lets all keep hopein for that!!!!!!

All that said...I love Motley Crue and was VERY impressed by thier latest show. Heck, I even spent an extra $40.00 for a T-shirt!

Thanks to ALL again and take care!
Chris

Date: September 20, 2012 15:36

ChrisO
OK Fella's,
I just got home from my last midnight.
I only get to check this about once a day.

If possable I wanta close down this topic as I'm thinkin just about everyone that likes or doesn't like Motley Crue has posted.

I didn't mean for any bad feelings to rise out of the ashes or cause arguments among us members here.

My Wife can't stand PJ Harvey...PJ's my "other" favorite and I don't like some of her music either, but we still love each other like crazy!

Yes, we all love The Rolling Stones and can't wait to see if thier gonna tour soon! Lets all keep hopein for that!!!!!!

All that said...I love Motley Crue and was VERY impressed by thier latest show. Heck, I even spent an extra $40.00 for a T-shirt!

Thanks to ALL again and take care!
Chris

These things are like a virus, once they are unleashed they must run their course.... but stick around... it is always interesting to see what the last post finally is on these things.

And if nothing else, this thread taught us it might be best to stay positive when starting a discussion/thread... just to "head em off at the pass" e.g. "Who else thinks Mötley Crüe is good in concert?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 15:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: folke ()
Date: September 20, 2012 16:34

Max'sKansasCity

silly ass fun loving party rock and roll, how could anyone get mad about it?

The original version is way better

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 20, 2012 16:55

This one has some Stonesy attitude:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 16:56 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 20, 2012 17:07

seitan

Oh dear I like those groups and I'm 54.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 20, 2012 18:36

Braincapers
seitan

Go get your dress!

Date: September 20, 2012 19:14

VoodooLounge13

Date: September 20, 2012 20:28

71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

Look, anyone can like whatever they like, but when someone literally titles a thread "why the dislike for Motley Crue" on a Stones site, that person is indeed asking for it. Let's do "why the dislike for Donny Osmond" next. It has just as much relevance.

Amen to THAT. which is my point all along. meanwhile this guy has elevated his game of knocking the stones down (just a 'nostalgia' act since 1983, he says) ON A STONES site, no less, while pimping his heart out for.... motley crue. providing concert dates now and everything, even. for a CARTOON band. they're like fucken muppets, ok? seriously. i'm not fucken kidding. look for yourself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 20:45 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Date: September 20, 2012 20:44

Braincapers
seitan

Yep, Me also at 51!
We're just getn older...not dead yet. Who doesn't like to have fun! :-)

Date: September 20, 2012 20:49

Elmo Lewis
This one has some Stonesy attitude:

Honestly, How could you not like this???

Thank you Elmo Lewis and others for posting these super video/songs!
Chris

Date: September 20, 2012 22:05

Yep guys, I certainly learned my lesson here. How you ask something sets the tone on what comes back!

Thanks again to EVERYONE who posted!
Chris

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 20, 2012 23:00

ChrisO
Yep guys, I certainly learned my lesson here. How you ask something sets the tone on what comes back!

Thanks again to EVERYONE who posted!
Chris

You must be the most diplomatic and the least angry poster ever on IORR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-21 00:10 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 21, 2012 01:47

pinkfloydthebarber
71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

Look, anyone can like whatever they like, but when someone literally titles a thread "why the dislike for Motley Crue" on a Stones site, that person is indeed asking for it. Let's do "why the dislike for Donny Osmond" next. It has just as much relevance.

Amen to THAT. which is my point all along. meanwhile this guy has elevated his game of knocking the stones down (just a 'nostalgia' act since 1983, he says) ON A STONES site, no less, while pimping his heart out for.... motley crue. providing concert dates now and everything, even. for a CARTOON band. they're like fucken muppets, ok? seriously. i'm not fucken kidding. look for yourself.

hey old man put on your reading glasses you have taken 3 different people and just said it was 1 person posting it all. sorry not every band comes out wearing a tight spandex jumpsuit with sparkles on it, a pink scarf around their neck, lipstick, eye shadow, glitter on their face and some sparkly eye decoration.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:13

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

poison- "something to believe in" about a friends recent death, the mistreatment and mental state of vietnam vets

Thanks! Next time I am in the mood to hear songs about abortion and child abandonment performed by men in teased hair, make up, and spandex I'll be sure to find these fine recordings.

Date: September 21, 2012 03:24

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
pinkfloydthebarber

Thanks! Next time I am in the mood to hear songs about abortion and child abandonment performed by men in teased hair, make up, and spandex I'll be sure to find these fine recordings.

no problem, take a listen to this tune:

Date: September 21, 2012 03:30

how about faster pussycat covering "you're so vain"

2 of the greatets cinderella tunes:

i always thought the singer for cinderella sounded like a male janis joplin

Date: September 21, 2012 03:39

Those are most certainly NOT the greatest tunes that band did... come on man. Actually there is not much worse than when hard rock band try do slow, mellow, thoughful BS ballads. If I want sad, earnest, thought provoking real issues... I will read the news headlines.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home