Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:41

ChrisO
Elmo Lewis
This one has some Stonesy attitude:

Honestly, How could you not like this???

Thank you Elmo Lewis and others for posting these super video/songs!
Chris

Yeah, I like Poison too - Children of the Stones

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:45

ChrisO
Elmo Lewis
This one has some Stonesy attitude:

Honestly, How could you not like this???

Thank you Elmo Lewis and others for posting these super video/songs!
Chris

We always called this the 2-4-1 song.. because it seems like 2 great songs in 1.

Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:46

spinal tap without the jokes

Date: September 21, 2012 03:53

All around the world... Girls will be Girls!!!

PS...
Chris,
it is never too late to change the headline,
just hit the edit button in the first post, and edit subject line.

Date: September 21, 2012 04:33

Max'sKansasCity
Those are most certainly NOT the greatest tunes that band did... come on man. Actually there is not much worse than when hard rock band try do slow, mellow, thoughful BS ballads. If I want sad, earnest, thought provoking real issues... I will read the news headlines.

cinderella was always more laid back and bluesy, only the first album had heavy hard rock tunes

Date: September 21, 2012 04:39

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
Those are most certainly NOT the greatest tunes that band did... come on man. Actually there is not much worse than when hard rock band try do slow, mellow, thoughful BS ballads. If I want sad, earnest, thought provoking real issues... I will read the news headlines.

cinderella was always more laid back and bluesy, only the first album had heavy hard rock tunes
I didnt(dont) know about that... I am far from an expert on any of these bands (or of any band) and I kind of hesitate to say too much, but I think they have many better songs than those... they could rock it up pretty good... of course it is all opinions... no right or wrong.

Date: September 21, 2012 04:47

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

I didnt(dont) know about that... I am far from an expert on any of these bands (or of any band) and I kind of hesitate to say too much, but I think they have many better songs than those... they could rock it up pretty good... of course it is all opinions... no right or wrong.

some stuff after the first album:
features little richard:

Date: September 21, 2012 04:50

cover of a janis joplin tune:

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 05:04

That would be quite a band, Tommy on drums, Ronnie on guitar, Keith on guitar and vocals and Nikki on bass.

The Stones really enjoyed Motley Crue opening for them from what I remember.

Who would of thought this topic will be 9 pages long.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 21, 2012 05:17

Keith and Sixx . .
When and where did they open for them?

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: September 21, 2012 05:48

KeefRichards88

That would be quite a band, Tommy on drums, Ronnie on guitar, Keith on guitar and vocals and Nikki on bass.

The Stones really enjoyed Motley Crue opening for them from what I remember.

Who would of thought this topic will be 9 pages long.
WOW I love this picture! I'd never seen it before. My two favorite bands!
Thank you KeefRichards88 for posting it!!!!

Date: September 21, 2012 06:01

CousinC
Keith and Sixx . .
When and where did they open for them?

This is one show... (I think they played some other stops too)

The Rolling Stones
KeyArena at Seattle Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Sunday, October 30, 2005

read the IORR review

excerpt- by Jim Wall, Vancouver, Canada
""Warm Up act was Motley Crue, which played well, despite using f bomb after f bomb for no apparent reason to a relatively older-aged crowd. I love the line from their lead singer, "I can't tell you how F***ing awesome it is to be up here performing for the F***ing Rolling Stones! Tacky. It is interesting to watch Tommy Lee as he is quite a good drummer, but I'm always amused at how much attention he needs with spinning drumsets, oversized drum sets, and other gimmicks. He's a bleeping drummer! That's it. They did featured practically nude women onstage blowing fire, and a midget on a tricycle.""

winking smiley

From the local paper- [seattletimes.com]

Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe, known as Frank Ferranno growing up here in Seattle, may have been referring to a 1975 Coliseum concert when he said he couldn't get into a Stones show here when he was young because he had "a pocketful of joints."

"Tonight I got a pocketful of joints, and there ain't nothin' they can do about it!" he gloated.

The bad-boy band of the 1980s opened with a blistering hourlong set marked by pillars of fire — ignited to Tommy Lee's drumbeats — a dwarf in a monster costume and three leggy strippers.

Introduced as "The Masters of Disaster," they blasted off with "Shout At The Devil." Lead singer Vince Neil, in black and white leather, roamed the big stage. Black-clad Mick Mars, in a top hat with a skull and crossbones, long black coat and Frankenstein boots, moved little but was impressive on guitar.

Neil let loose a blue streak of expletives when a motorcycle sound effect malfunctioned during "Girls Girls Girls," but the rest of the set, including extended versions of "Dr. Feelgood" and "Same Old Song and Dance," went smoothly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-21 15:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 15:05

Max'sKansasCity
VoodooLounge13
Been a fan since Dr. Feelgood when I was 13. Great stuff - completely miss all that 80's hair metal stuff!! To me, the best class of music, but then I'm biased cuz I grew up on it all. I've never actually seen them live - only on TV, but from the performances that I've seen on TV, I think I'd rather see Poison live than Motley Crue, and I'm not a huge huge Poison fan, although I do like them, but songwise, I definitely prefer the Crue to Poison, who've done a fine job of going the Stones way with milking everything out of their past without producing any real new music in decades......

BTW, the Crue's last album, Saints of Los Angeles, I thought was a fantastic album - on par with Dr. Feelgood.
Right on VL.... If they come close to you, then you should probably go see them... esp if if you have been a fan so long and have not seen them live. TV/recorded never does any music justice, ya know? Looks like there are 3 dates left on this tour (maybe check craigslist and/or box office day of the show for good cheap tickets) if you are in the New Jersey or Connecticut area.

Sep 21 Fri
PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ
07:00 PM
THE TOUR 2012: KISS AND MÖTLEY CRÜE
Details: KISS, Mötley Crüe, The Treatment

Sep 22 Sat
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater Wantagh, NY

Sep 23 Sun
Comcast Theatre Hartford, CT

These would all be within driving distance of me. Unfortunately, this weekend is my wife's birthday so that just won't do.

On another note, Cinderella was always my favorite hair metal band. Always thought they were very talented. Have been very disappointed that they haven't put out anything new in decades. I know Tom Kieffer had voice problems for a good many years, but he had been working on a solo album that also hasn't materialized. Love all their albums. Just great great stuff.

Date: September 21, 2012 15:18

Unfortunately, this weekend is my wife's birthday so that just won't do.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do... and...
Keeping one's wife happy is something a mans gotta should do.

Good man.thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2012 19:09

2000man

yeah, no shit hey? motley crue = spinal tap 2.0

the spinal tap movie is timeless though. motley crue, well, aint

Date: September 21, 2012 19:14

pinkfloydthebarber
2000man

Thou doth protest too much

Date: September 21, 2012 19:15

properly said...

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

""The quotation "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." comes from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II, where it is spoken by Queen Gertrude, Hamlet's mother. The phrase has come to mean that one can "insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-21 19:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 21, 2012 20:52

Max'sKansasCity
pinkfloydthebarber
2000man

Thou doth protest too much

conversely and ironically you pimp motley crue too much. on a STONES SITE. i wonder when Charlie Watts is going to get them drums that spin around and go sideways.

anyways, since you feel free to continually post even more shitty videos of these bozo clowns, i guess i should feel free to say a few words in response. far as i'm concerned every hair band, glam band whatever the fack you wanna call them band, suck. always has, always will. now motley crue are just old and still suck. they've gone from merely bad to completely ruining the listening experience. that's pretty impressive, man.

and they're so fucken stupid. what a stupid, miserable band. stupid music about tits, beer and drugs done in their standard upbeat lame metal sound with a typical for the genre helium head singer. but really who gives a shit? motley crue has no reason for existing. never cared for these guys when they were at the (wink wink) 'top' of their game and certainly don't now. rock's greatest embarrassment. why? because the guy what started this stupid thread ASKED. but i didnt realize the thread was going to wind up being this giant never ending pimp whore bozo parade for 'the crue,' that's for sure, but it has. so i am here to add some levity once in a while.

and they're 'still around?' will their money grubbing demise never end? what was their last tour called, the one with Kiss?? Clownfest 2012? if they're going to hang around and bore us to tears then why don't they do a brittany spears cover song, a career move that would work for them since their singer sounds like an orgasmic female anyway, or make a video with the guy with his whiny, nasal, thin, weak, pre-teen screech doing the fucken chicken dance or something. i'd watch that but with the sound off, though.

lookit these guys, they dress like nurses and shit.

and you could get aids just from lookin at that one

the entire L.A. "glam rock" thing turned my stomach, if you can't tell. thank God the grunge out of Seattle killed that shit, dead, 20 years ago. or at least so i had thought.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 21, 2012 21:36

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

Cinderella are one of my favourite bands - the more things change, Night Songs, Gypsy Road, falling apart at the seams. amazing stuff. would love to see them live

Date: September 22, 2012 02:06

pinkfloydthebarber

and they're so fucken stupid. what a stupid, miserable band. stupid music about tits, beer and drugs done in their standard upbeat lame metal sound with a typical for the genre helium head singer. but really who gives a shit? motley crue has no reason for existing. never cared for these guys when they were at the (wink wink) 'top' of their game and certainly don't now. rock's greatest embarrassment. why? because the guy what started this stupid thread ASKED. but i didnt realize the thread was going to wind up being this giant never ending pimp whore bozo parade for 'the crue,' that's for sure, but it has. so i am here to add some levity once in a while.

and they're 'still around?' will their money grubbing demise never end? what was their last tour called, the one with Kiss?? Clownfest 2012? if they're going to hang around and bore us to tears then why don't they do a brittany spears cover song, a career move that would work for them since their singer sounds like an orgasmic female anyway, or make a video with the guy with his whiny, nasal, thin, weak, pre-teen screech doing the fucken chicken dance or something. i'd watch that but with the sound off, though.

and you could get aids just from lookin at that one

How does that make you feel pink?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-22 03:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 22, 2012 02:11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-23 05:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home