Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:16

GRRR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 21:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:18

A joke, plain an simple.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:21

We don't care about GRRR! titles and marketing gimmicks. They probably paid a million dollars for that name from a big shot marketing agency. All we care about is the new songs and the gigs in November.

But... we are not grumpy old men... or women! If life is bad then turn on cold water in the tap and put your head under it. Feel the age. But do not use the Stones and their album titles as an excuse for complaining about getting old. Life is great and the GRRR! songs and gigs will be the best thing that hapopened in 2012 for sure. Well after grandchildren and some other stuff of course. But grrrumpy? No!

Bjornulf

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()

Sam Spade
That album cover actually makes Dirty Work and Steel Wheels look good.

Crackin' observation, why on earth Jagger (who allegedly has some visual artistic appreciation) let this cover outta the cage is frankly inconceivable. At least the 40 Licks cover had class. The marketing department responsible for this need shot, like how is Mr. & Mrs. Greatest Hits Buyers Only gonna connect with the concept this is a GH package. GH as a title is certainly dull, but at least it sends a crystal clear message to the buyer, but "GRRR" like HELLO!

This cover immediately evokes fond memories of the scene in Trading Places where the character Clarence Beeks on the train in the gorilla costume and is first put in the cage on the train with the real gorilla. Any fan who buys this for two lousy new tracks is, metaphorically speaking, gonna feel not too different to how that Clarence Beeks felt in the movie in that scene.

SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 21:36 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: 24FPS ()

jamesfdouglas
These brand new recordings constitute the first time Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood have all been together in the recording studio since completing the exalted A Bigger Bang album in 2005.

So, apparently they didn't record Watching the River Flow last year - with Bill Wyman.

James, I think it doesn't count because they weren't actually in the studio for that. That was a phone in job with each individual contributing his part separately. (Which is one of the reasons it sounds like crap).

I agree that 'kids' aren't going to be sucked in by this cover. The CD business is dead. There probably won't be one song, excluding the 2 new cuts, that isn't already available on ITunes remastered to the nth degree. It almost seems like they're simply out of ideas, that they said, well, it's the 50th, so I guess we have to release another compilation.

Posted by: duke richardson ()

MightyStonesStillRollin50
GumbootCloggeroo
You guys are reacting as if this compilation is the final product you'll ever get from The Stones. It's not. Quit being selfish babies!

Well stated, gumboot, you took the words right out of my mouth!thumbs upthumbs up

whatever they do for product hopefully will be more worthy of attention than GRRR

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:22

71Tele
micawber
Max'sKansasCity
Made for GRRRUMPYFANS to complain about.. and it is working perfectly.
What exactly is it, that you find great about it?

He finds everything great. The Stones could literally put a turd inside a CD wrapper and he would find it great and attack anyone who questioned its greatness as "grumps".

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. Thanks!

Date: September 4, 2012 21:23

LMAO

Date: September 4, 2012 21:26

micawber
GumbootCloggeroo
You guys are reacting as if this compilation is the final product you'll ever get from The Stones. It's not. Quit being selfish babies!

When should they come up with a new album if not now?

There will be a new album in 2013.
Nope. Never ever. What for? After the tour? You're sick.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:26

Great album cover... sad smiley

Date: September 4, 2012 21:27

bv
We don't care about GRRR! titles and marketing gimmicks. They probably paid a million dollars for that name from a big shot marketing agency. All we care about is the new songs and the gigs in November.

But... we are not grumpy old men... or women! If life is bad then turn on cold water in the tap and put your head under it. Feel the age. But do not use the Stones and their album titles as an excuse for complaining about getting old. Life is great and the GRRR! songs and gigs will be the best thing that hapopened in 2012 for sure. Well after grandchildren and some other stuff of course. But grrrumpy? No!

You should see a doctor asap.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:27

71Tele
71Tele
What does MightyStones50 have to say about this? We were told the "magic" would be revealed today. I don't call putting yet another compilation of the same old material out magical. The only "news" is that they could only be bothered to come up with half the new material as last time they did this.

Calm done, Tele. You should be thankful for what you got today. It could have been more, but Mick obviously decided to extend the foreplay a little longer. He knows what he is doing. If they are going to do shows in November then the announcement has to come at some point very soon. The autumn winds will soon be upon us. Keep the faith, there are many lovely things coming our way.

Sorry, Mighty, I'm not drinking the Kool Aid. More for you!

No way is this Kool Aid the Stones are distributing. The compilation was always going to be geared more towards the younger generation. Sure, they could have announced the live shows today. I was hoping they would just to calm things down around here, but Mick obviously had other plans. It is also entirely possible that there are still some loose ends to tie up before they make the official announcement. Should be soon though.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:28

bv

You should see a doctor asap!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:28

G R R R = Greatest Rock n Roll Rhythm = The Rolling Stones

Date: September 4, 2012 21:30

24FPS
jamesfdouglas
These brand new recordings constitute the first time Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood have all been together in the recording studio since completing the exalted A Bigger Bang album in 2005.

So, apparently they didn't record Watching the River Flow last year - with Bill Wyman.

James, I think it doesn't count because they weren't actually in the studio for that. That was a phone in job with each individual contributing his part separately. (Which is one of the reasons it sounds like crap).

I agree that 'kids' aren't going to be sucked in by this cover. The CD business is dead. There probably won't be one song, excluding the 2 new cuts, that isn't already available on ITunes remastered to the nth degree. It almost seems like they're simply out of ideas, that they said, well, it's the 50th, so I guess we have to release another compilation.

The recording of Watch the River Flow might end up to be the only interesting thing they'd done in this decade except of retiring with another 300 millions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 22:29 by micawber.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:31

EddieByword

Even Denzil the Dragon has more class than Gregory the Gorilla.

SonicD

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:32

gruesome

Date: September 4, 2012 21:32

More Hot Rocks
G R R R = Greatest Rock n Roll Rhythm = The Rolling Stones

G R R R RIP = long gone

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:33

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:34

EVERYBODY!!!!!! Stop the bitching!! Geeez!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:34

GRRR is probably about the only thing Mick and Keith say to each other these days...

Date: September 4, 2012 21:35

micawber
micawber
GumbootCloggeroo

Date: September 4, 2012 21:36

Maybe jagger was playing tug-of-war with his puppy...
and the lil puppy said GRRR!!!! and Jagger thought VOILA!!!! GRRR!!!!

and no... by "puppy" I dont mean todger. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 21:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:37

Gazza
phd
toomuchforme
this thread became the most GRRR one in only few minutes. You are all in Grrr condition like fans ready to Grrr in the stadium or arena. Soon.
For now I listen to Olympia 95 to forget this Grrr day.

Did the Stones ever announce a tour ( mini or long) via something else than a conference with lots of journalists ? Don't think so. Agree this was a Grrr day to say the the least.We were overspoiled during more than 40 years ( I skipp the 83-88 years). But such a hype for that . Waiting for more and as you sure it will come soon. Maybe they are linked by a contract.

Yes. Lots of times. '78 for example. And several Euro tours in recent years.

Even the last Euro tour was done via a crappy webcast between Mick and one interviewer.

My mistake for '78. WhatI really meant was that was not the "usual" way if there is any. We all knew they do what they want and take veryone by surprise.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:40

More Hot Rocks
EVERYBODY!!!!!! Stop the bitching!! Geeez!

Hard to believe sometimes that this is a Rolling Stones fan site. They could have retired years ago, and then where would we be? They have given us so much in recent years and there is still much more to come. I just don't get it.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:46

[/quote]
OK, G is missing sometimes Keith...

Date: September 4, 2012 21:48

micawber
micawber
GumbootCloggeroo

They should tour behind a new album, not the other way around. Grrr makes them post-vegas-era-just-forgettable.
Tell me just one reason why 5 years of preparation of the 50th only led to another xty licks and 2 (two) new 'songs' and they'll come up with a new album 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 21:50 by micawber.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:49

aprilfool
OK, G is missing sometimes Keith...
NICE ONE!!! LOL!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:49

SonicDreamer
EddieByword

SonicD

Funny. I drew the opposite conclusion. While the title is terrible--why on Earth would they pick a title that's silly to say out loud?--I'm sort of pleased by the tasteless cover art. It seems a throwback to the mid-70s.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:51

Rev. Robert W.
SonicDreamer
EddieByword

SonicD

Funny. I drew the opposite conclusion. While the title is terrible--why on Earth would they pick a title that's silly to say out loud?--I'm sort of pleased by the tasteless cover art. It seems a throwback to the mid-70s.
The gorilla's name is Gregory? is that only when he is trouble? ... do they usually call him Gregg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 21:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home