Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor The Times Interview June 26 2012
Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: July 1, 2012 20:02

VT22
Than you should include the fact that I corrected the "forbidden albums" title in your overview of what was said. smiling smiley

I did - because your post reading: "I corrected that. It's a Stone's Throw". was included in the chronological overview.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 1, 2012 20:17

SundanceKid
VT22
(quoting DP) "Secret affair" -the album- "should be forbidden by law".

DandelionPowderman
VT22
I corrected that. It's "a Stone's throw". I never get it right the first time.
Besides, DP's post on MT's FB site vanished within an hour, or am I blind? Even I cannot manage that.

I criticized the JJF version on that album, and I have not changed my mind. It is not a good version.
I have never posted anything on Taylor´s FB-site, that I´m, aware of. Might have been a fan, who´s also into the Stones/Taylor.

This is getting weirder and weirder. First VT22 reminds DP of his own quote but gets the album title wrong. Then DP says he did in fact mean 'A Stone's Throw' but still maintains that that album contains a version of JJF that he doesn't like.

I take it that Dandy owns an ultra rare (unique) version of A Stone's Throw' because JJF is not on my copy of the album.

Most casual Taylor fans have a pretty good overview of the tracks included on each of MT's 3 solo albums, it's not like there's such a huge back catalogue that it's hard to tell them apart.

It's because Taylor's solo albums are all totally forgettable. thumbs up

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: July 1, 2012 20:17

DandelionPowderman
Look, let me explain one thing for you, that will make this very easy to comprehend: I have never ever mentioned A Stones Throw in this context.

A couple of months ago I criticized Taylor´s released version of JFF, which I didn´t like at all. VT22 remembered my post wrongly, and messed this thread up a bit smiling smiley

You're trying to wash your hands of it now but if you go back to your own post of 30/06 at 15:26, you will see that you wrote "that album" directly underneath VT22's mention of 'A Stone's Throw'.
In this context your words "that album" can only be referring to 'A Stone's Throw'. So you can not really blame someone else for your erroneous statement.

DandelionPowderman
VT22
Besides, DP's post on MT's FB site vanished within an hour, or am I blind? Even I cannot manage that. cool smiley

I criticized the JJF version on that album, and I have not changed my mind. It is not a good version.

I have never posted anything on Taylor´s FB-site, that I´m, aware of. Might have been a fan, who´s also into the Stones/Taylor.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: July 1, 2012 21:20

His Majesty
SundanceKid
VT22
(quoting DP) "Secret affair" -the album- "should be forbidden by law".

DandelionPowderman
VT22
Besides, DP's post on MT's FB site vanished within an hour, or am I blind? Even I cannot manage that.

This is getting weirder and weirder. First VT22 reminds DP of his own quote but gets the album title wrong. Then DP says he did in fact mean 'A Stone's Throw' but still maintains that that album contains a version of JJF that he doesn't like.

I take it that Dandy owns an ultra rare (unique) version of A Stone's Throw' because JJF is not on my copy of the album.

Most casual Taylor fans have a pretty good overview of the tracks included on each of MT's 3 solo albums, it's not like there's such a huge back catalogue that it's hard to tell them apart.

It's because Taylor's solo albums are all totally forgettable. thumbs up

Is your memory that bad? I think there is some splendid guitar playing on all of them, which to me is more important than the songs. Actually his playing makes Taylors albums. I guess you disagree grinning smiley

Date: July 1, 2012 21:33

delete

Date: July 1, 2012 21:38

VT22

Is your memory that bad? I think there is some splendid guitar playing on all of them, which to me is more important than the songs. Actually his playing makes Taylors albums. I guess I'am in the minority here.

Never forget, amsterdamned, never forget.

Date: July 1, 2012 21:46

His Majesty
VT22

Is your memory that bad? I think there is some splendid guitar playing on all of them, which to me is more important than the songs. Actually his playing makes Taylors albums. I guess I'am in the minority here.

Can you answer in a musical way? Makes this conversation a more interesting one, or do you wanna talk about your flute and guitar playing, which is rather forgettable to me?

Date: July 1, 2012 21:59

VT22
His Majesty
VT22

Can you answer in a musical way? Makes this conversation a more interesting one, or do you wanna talk about your flute and guitar playing, which is rather forgettable to me?

Lol.

Memorable enough for you to pathetically use my playing as some kind of crap comeback.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:02

Keith the actor, lol. MT really should get those songwriting credits. Only ethical.

Date: July 1, 2012 22:04

Lol.

Memorable enough for you to pathetically use my playing as some kind of crap comeback.
HM

What's the crap?
What goes around comes around. My pleasure.smileys with beer

Date: July 1, 2012 22:07

VT22
Lol.

HM

What's the crap?

No.

Date: July 1, 2012 22:17

His Majesty
VT22
Lol.

HM

What's the crap?

No.

I didn't call your music "crap", but forgettable. You still didn't come up with a decent musical answersmiling smiley

Date: July 1, 2012 22:21

VT22

I didn't call your music "crap", but forgettable. You still didn't come up with a decent musical answersmiling smiley

Date: July 1, 2012 22:26

You played on that record? I apologize then.

Date: July 1, 2012 22:44

VT22
You played on that record? I apologize then.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: July 2, 2012 04:49

proudmary,
Thank you for taking the time out to post this.

Date: July 2, 2012 12:22

SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman
Look, let me explain one thing for you, that will make this very easy to comprehend: I have never ever mentioned A Stones Throw in this context.

A couple of months ago I criticized Taylor´s released version of JFF, which I didn´t like at all. VT22 remembered my post wrongly, and messed this thread up a bit smiling smiley

You're trying to wash your hands of it now but if you go back to your own post of 30/06 at 15:26, you will see that you wrote "that album" directly underneath VT22's mention of 'A Stone's Throw'.
In this context your words "that album" can only be referring to 'A Stone's Throw'. So you can not really blame someone else for your erroneous statement.

DandelionPowderman
VT22
Besides, DP's post on MT's FB site vanished within an hour, or am I blind? Even I cannot manage that. cool smiley

LOL! This is funny grinning smiley

Yep, I wrote "that album", and that was obviously wrong. HOWEVER, in my original post, I wrote JJF. If you still have difficulties understanding that, I will @#$%& dig up the original post.

Look, I don't know who you are, but I have a suspicion. You obviously know a lot about dental care and Mick Taylor winking smiley

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: July 2, 2012 12:27

Her Majesty, Taylors self titled album and A Stones Throw are better than Richards and Woods efforts.

Date: July 2, 2012 12:32

SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman
VT22

Here it is: Nothing about prohibiting anything other than JJF. There is no secret that I don't like the two latter Taylor albums. The Pope is still there, Amsterdamned.

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-02 12:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 2, 2012 13:24

DandelionPowderman
SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman
VT22

Here it is: Nothing about prohibiting anything other than JJF. There is no secret that I don't like the two latter Taylor albums. The Pope is still there, Amsterdamned.

[www.iorr.org]

Calling his other 2 albums "shockingly bad" is as ridicule as well, and you know it. I don't mind your dislike for Taylor's songwriting, but please don't try to escape on semantics here. It doesn't suite you. Besides, I'm no bookkeeper.
Next time I post the queen's picture.winking smiley

Date: July 2, 2012 13:35

VT22
DandelionPowderman
SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman
VT22

[www.iorr.org]

Calling his other 2 albums "shockingly bad" is ridicule as well.I don't mind your dislike for Taylor's songwriting, but please don't try to escape on semantics here. It doesn't suite you. Besides, I'm no bookkeeper.

I don't need to try to escape from anything smiling smiley

However, there is no secret that I liked Taylor best in the Stones, compared to his solo stuff.

BTW, There is a reason why his first album is the only one with major distribution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-02 13:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 2, 2012 13:50

DandelionPowderman
VT22
DandelionPowderman
SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman
VT22

[www.iorr.org]

Calling his other 2 albums "shockingly bad" is ridicule as well.I don't mind your dislike for Taylor's songwriting, but please don't try to escape on semantics here. It doesn't suite you. Besides, I'm no bookkeeper.

I don't need to try to escape from anything smiling smiley

BTW, There is a reason why his first album is the only one with major distribution.

At least you gave me something to think about: anything but music thumbs up

Date: July 2, 2012 13:54

lapaz62
Her Majesty, Taylors self titled album and A Stones Throw are better than Richards and Woods efforts.

Well, Lapspaz, it's not like those other solo albums are all that great either.

Date: July 2, 2012 13:59

His Majesty
lapaz62

Well, Lapspaz, it's not like those other solo albums are all that great either.

Ronnie's first is thumbs up

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: July 2, 2012 14:53

Date: July 2, 2012 15:07

^ Very good. thumbs up

An ace card.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: July 2, 2012 15:13

Jesus what on earth happened to this thread? You guys are sitting around computer screens having arguments with people you'll most likely never meet...haven't you got anything better to do with your time? Turn off the laptop, put a record on, and chill out for farks sake.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 2, 2012 15:21

StonesTod
perhaps it's time for the highly-overdo matt clifford debut...he can invite MT, Bill and the gang as his house-band...

Reading that, I just became violently nauseated, or something. Thanks, StonesTod.

Drew

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 2, 2012 19:10

champ72
Jesus what on earth happened to this thread? You guys are sitting around computer screens having arguments with people you'll most likely never meet....

isn't that what the internets are for??

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: July 2, 2012 19:41

vudicus
So they all had Tiny Todgers!!!!

"And I should know," he says with a rueful laugh - what, did they all hang out naked or something?

Dear British people: when you say "middle class" does that mean "fairly wealthy"? In the U.S., nearly everyone thinks they're middle class (except if you're on food stamps) but I get the impression that in Britain it means you're quite well off.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home