Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor The Times Interview June 26 2012
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:19

1975 was a good time to leave the stones, but not all that good a time for a jazz and classical loving bluesy sounding guitar player stuck with the stones association to begin a solo career.

I'm not much of a fan of his playing, but I feel some what sorry for him as a person because he seems such a well intentioned, gentle soul who, aside from the stones, just doesn't seem to have had the right kind of breaks and luck come his way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-28 21:10 by His Majesty.

Date: June 28, 2012 20:19

thanks, that was great

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:36

It's really sad, a (former) member of the most successful rock group in history was in dire need of dental work and couldn't afford it. Question for Brits - isn't dentistry free on the NHS?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:58

Bliss
It's really sad, a (former) member of the most successful rock group in history was in dire need of dental work and couldn't afford it. Question for Brits - isn't dentistry free on the NHS?

He should have come to Sweden. As of today health care and dentistry are free of charge for illegal immigrants in Sweden. (It really was before too, but it wasn't reported to authorities).

Date: June 28, 2012 21:07

Bliss

It is, kinda, depends on what kind of work needs to be done.

[www.nhs.uk]

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:10

have you ever checked out Keith Richards' teeth? They could use some work too.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:12

he has all new teeth and they look perfect. he had a teeth transplant.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:13

mitchflorida1
have you ever checked out Keith Richards' teeth? They could use some work too.

Not nowadays, Mitch. He has a perfect set of (false) teeth now. In the 70s though...

Date: June 28, 2012 21:14

duke richardson

Those horrid things are dentures, not implants or anything like that. grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:24

Top quality stuff like implants is not usually going to be available on the NHS - and unless you are poor enough to be on income support (which I'm sure is poorer than Mick Taylor) then even NHS-level treatment has to be paid for and is not that cheap. If you've got a lot of work to have done in one go, to make up for years of neglect, you're probably not going to have much change out of a thousand pounds even at NHS prices - a big enough sum to discourage you if money is tight.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:31

teeth now...

teeth then...

Date: June 28, 2012 21:53

Mick Jagger could pick up the tab for Mick Taylor's teeth in one nanosecond.

Come on Jagger, be a sport.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:38

duke richardson
teeth now...

teeth then...

Is Keith using botox?

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:42

damn i hope we never see a picture of Keith with his dentures out...i walked in on my Grandad once...a memory i wont soon forget...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:47

My Grandad used to keep his in a jar by the bathroom sink. I think I still carry scars from seeing that in the middle of the night.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:48

cowboytoast
damn i hope we never see a picture of Keith with his dentures out...i walked in on my Grandad once...a memory i wont soon forget...
How would he sound like singing without his fake teeths yawning smiley)))

Date: June 28, 2012 23:48

His Majesty
1975 was a good time to leave the stones, but not all that good a time for a jazz and classical loving bluesy sounding guitar player stuck with the stones association to begin a solo career.

I'm not much of a fan of his playing, but I feel some what sorry for him as a person because he seems such a well intentioned, gentle soul who, aside from the stones, just doesn't seem to have had the right kind of breaks and luck come his way.

That's all fine, except for the fact that he left in 1974. Just a small detail.

Date: June 29, 2012 00:40

Why isn't Mick Taylor in touch with Keith Richards? He seems to be on good terms with everyone else in the band.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:42

...... Doesn't have a fax-machine

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:53

His Majesty
duke richardson

Those horrid things are dentures, not implants or anything like that. grinning smiley

But what happened to his implants? That was the difference between It's Only Rock and Roll and Black and Blue--he was supposed to have had a set of implants. You mean he managed to kill those too?

Yes, his "teeth" these days do look a bit oversized and goofy.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:08

I am having a bit of a hard time listening to people complain aboout other peoples teeth. If he can eat and smile and sing who gives a flying fock whether they are implants, dentures or some combination of the two? Seems like a pretty personal thing to be getting such a discussion here on a fan site. I doubt anybody would have the balls to ask him or comment on them to his person.

I have heard bad teeth can cause lots of other health problems so we should just be grateful he has done any sort of fix at all. His teeth rotted out behind his massive drug consumption back in the 70's anyway, this is all rather old news. peace

Date: June 29, 2012 01:15

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
His Majesty

That's all fine, except for the fact that he left in 1974. Just a small detail.

Yeah, December 1974, which is the end of that year, thus he was stone free in 1975. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:17

Naturalust
I doubt anybody would have the balls to ask him or comment on them to his person.

Not that any of us here would ever get the chance.

Date: June 29, 2012 01:19

Naturalust
I am having a bit of a hard time listening to people complain aboout other peoples teeth. If he can eat and smile and sing who gives a flying fock whether they are implants, dentures or some combination of the two? Seems like a pretty personal thing to be getting such a discussion here on a fan site. I doubt anybody would have the balls to ask him or comment on them to his person.

I have heard bad teeth can cause lots of other health problems so we should just be grateful he has done any sort of fix at all. His teeth rotted out behind his massive drug consumption back in the 70's anyway, this is all rather old news. peace

Lighten up. It was talked about back then in the press, Keith joining in, not any difference talking about it here 30 years later.

Date: June 29, 2012 01:36

OK peace

Date: June 29, 2012 03:23

Stoneage
Bliss

He should have come to Sweden. As of today health care and dentistry are free of charge for illegal immigrants in Sweden. (It really was before too, but it wasn't reported to authorities).

Well health care is free to illegal immagrants in the USA too. If fact the Mexican illegals in the farming communities where I live and work have the system so dialed they get better health care than the average American.

In our labor camp (we house some 20+ men) regular visits are made by local dentists who set up chairs in the bunkhouse and treat all of them , for free. My girlfreind actually asked if they could fill one her cavities and they said no because she wasnt a migrant worker.

Not only that they have counselors who come in and educate them about every free service availble and then some. It is rediculous when you consider the state of health care in America. I am happy to have a healthy work force on the farm but if the average American paying good money for poor insurance knew about the state of things there would likely be a revolution. peace

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: June 29, 2012 15:49

Naturalust
Just one of many Micks you might catch on any given day. As I understand he becomes somewhat unapproachable during most of his shows. I wouldn't take his coolness to mean much,certainly not a grudge, it has been reported by many, including his significant others. Contrast that with the Jagger that sent his man to find out about Mick's health this past year and offered to help. I've no doubt it was Sir Mick's money that paid for a mouthful of new teeth for MT at a cost of over $10,000.

Contrary to press reports, MJ didn't send his man to find out about MT's health. Nor did he offer to help
Implants in UK are very expensive, and $ 10.000,- would have been an absolute steal. For your information, MT started dental restoration work about 12 years ago and I have yet to meet an English dentist that sends invoices in dollars. The exchange rate at the time was almost 2 dollars to the pound.

No, MJ didn't contribute to that at all. In fact the Stones went to great lengths trying to find more ways to collect royalties that should have been paid to MT. As if it isn't bad enough they haven't paid his 20% share since 1982.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-29 16:11 by SundanceKid.

Date: June 29, 2012 15:54

Rockman
...... Doesn't have a fax-machine

Almost right but no, that's not it.

Re: Mick Taylor Times Interview June 26 2012
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2012 15:56

proudmary
Mick T. said so many interesting things - about Jagger's leadership, what he thinks about Richards' book, how he perceives the Stones' legacy, etc... Directly from the horse's mouth - and no one wants to say anything

A bit more satisfied now, PM?winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: June 29, 2012 16:03

Green Lady
you're probably not going to have much change out of a thousand pounds even at NHS prices.

I'm assuming the price you're quoting is per implant, right ?

By the way, dental implants are available on the NHS only if there's a medical need for the treatment.
[www.nhs.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home