Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 10, 2012 22:45

I got $5 that says Mick Taylor plays CYHMK with them on SNL. The warm up was on Fallon last night.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 10, 2012 23:14

"$5" ??

Gee, you're not very confident...

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 10, 2012 23:47

I am confident, just not wealthy.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 10, 2012 23:57

Bob C.
I got $5 that says Mick Taylor plays CYHMK with them on SNL. The warm up was on Fallon last night.

You say "with them" - with whom? With The Foo Fighters?

I'm seriously thinking the Stones will not appear on SNL - it will entirely be "The Mick Jagger Show".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-11 22:55 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 00:22

Apart from the Rolling Stones reuniting on SNL, the most interesting idea would be Jagger and a band lead by Mick Taylor. The Foo Fighters are a very popular band, but they have zero connection with the Stones. Same for Jeff Beck - wonderful guitarist, but come on - Taylor has a history with the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:38

Bob C.
I got $5

Good for you.

I never kept a dollar past sunset,
It always burned a hole in my pants.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:55

Mick Taylor was on Fallon last night!!?? No video?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 11, 2012 02:26

dewlover
You kids are gettin' your hopes up WAY too high...

I can't help agreeing, Dewlover.

But I can't help hoping anyway either.

Date: May 11, 2012 03:54

"Apart from the Rolling Stones reuniting on SNL"

I don't seem to recall the Stones hitting the road in '89 ever being referred to as a "reunion", and that was a 7 year break, so why are so many saying it now??

"The Foo Fighters are a very popular band, but they have zero connection with the Stones."

Yeah, except for the minor detail of being their opening act on a major U.S tour.

"Same for Jeff Beck"

Oh yeah, except for the other minor detail of Woodys' extensive work with Mr. Beck and of course Jaggers' long time relationship with him.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2012 06:22

Bob C.
Superrevvy:

You should write for SNL.

Actually that wasn't too bad at all rev.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 11, 2012 06:24

dewlover
I don't seem to recall the Stones hitting the road in '89 ever being referred to as a "reunion", and that was a 7 year break, so why are so many saying it now??
quote]

At least during the 80's tour break there were two studio albums in between (Undercover and Dirty Work)

Date: May 11, 2012 10:04

mickschix
Mick Taylor was on Fallon last night!!?? No video?

See the separate thread for Taylor on Fallon. There is a video of CYHMK there. It's quite good, too.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 11, 2012 13:23

a week later and still no denial from the Stones machine......just sayin'.....I'd stay close to the TV 5/19 at 11:29PM...eastern standard time.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: May 11, 2012 14:54

The Rolling Stones will be playing live on Saturday Night Live next week.
This is just fantastic. The only questions are what will they play and who will be on stage with them. It will be a blast to watch and find out.
There is absolutely no other reason that they are rehearsing songs in New York with Chuck Leavell right now.

Date: May 11, 2012 15:28

Rip This
a week later and still no denial from the Stones machine......just sayin'.....I'd stay close to the TV 5/19 at 11:29PM...eastern standard time.

I was thinking the same thing - but just to be devil's advocate here, do the Stones really need to deny anything since SNL is promoting the show as one with HOST = Mick Jagger and MUSICAL GUEST = Mick Jagger.

I suppose I'm merely trying not to get too upset if it doesn't happen.

Oh dear.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 11, 2012 15:44

They want us to be speculating and honestly I'm cool with that. The problem for me is how offensive it would be to NOT have the Stones appear with Jagger. They are about to celebrate their 50th anniversary as a band, and yet Jagger would consider going on SNL with a DIFFERENT band..?? Makes ZERO sense to me unless the Stones are dead as a band.

Seriously what band in the world could get away with things like this? No tour for 6 years and no 'new album', yet they will celebrate '50 years as a band'? Honestly if they are going to tour, I will be thrilled. If they do one last show, I will be thrilled. If they announce that they are no longer capable of putting on shows as a band, I will be disappointed but understanding.

They don't owe us a thing. Jagger can do whatever he wants! But to go on SNL without the Stones tells me that the band is having a BRUTAL time attempting to play together. They are getting old... I just hope they understand that its ok to take it a notch down, play more blues, write one last album, and play some massive final shows!

I for one am not expecting 78. I am expecting 2012. All of them are past their prime in terms of technical ability, but not musical output. If they'd try, they could produce one last beautiful record....

Date: May 11, 2012 16:01

flacnvinyl
They want us to be speculating and honestly I'm cool with that. The problem for me is how offensive it would be to NOT have the Stones appear with Jagger. They are about to celebrate their 50th anniversary as a band, and yet Jagger would consider going on SNL with a DIFFERENT band..?? Makes ZERO sense to me unless the Stones are dead as a band.

Seriously what band in the world could get away with things like this? No tour for 6 years and no 'new album', yet they will celebrate '50 years as a band'? Honestly if they are going to tour, I will be thrilled. If they do one last show, I will be thrilled. If they announce that they are no longer capable of putting on shows as a band, I will be disappointed but understanding.

They don't owe us a thing. Jagger can do whatever he wants! But to go on SNL without the Stones tells me that the band is having a BRUTAL time attempting to play together. They are getting old... I just hope they understand that its ok to take it a notch down, play more blues, write one last album, and play some massive final shows!

I for one am not expecting 78. I am expecting 2012. All of them are past their prime in terms of technical ability, but not musical output. If they'd try, they could produce one last beautiful record....

Well put, Drake! thumbs up

Date: May 11, 2012 16:10

flacnvinyl

Totally agree. In 2012, for Jagger to appear on SNL with another band is senseless. He's been the lead singer of a *certain band* for 50 years now.confused smiley

Date: May 11, 2012 16:36

I can't see any good reason for them to not tell us who he is performing with...

I agree the Stones may not have that many more years of live shows in them, however, i don't see any reason they can't go on making records for the next 10-15 years...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2012 17:20

DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl

love the drake.

Date: May 11, 2012 18:04

Bad news: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:22

DandelionPowderman

I know this is grasping at straws, but I always expected the musical guests to
be "friends", as in "mick jagger and friends". mick's got friends in the stones too.
i expected his stones friends to be his best friends for the last musical segment.

for the moment i'll back off nothing. i'll go down with the ship.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:25

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl

love the drake.

But he needs to give the tv back, don't you think?!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:28

The Stones will play next Saturday night.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:32

Max'sKansasCity

I really hope you're right.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:35

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I really hope you're right.
thumbs up I am, They will.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:36

The Rolling Stones have had a long standing policy of not appearing on any tv shows in a performance capicity.

Who knows if the rest of the band even wanted to do it.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 11, 2012 18:38

superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

I know this is grasping at straws, but I always expected the musical guests to
be "friends", as in "mick jagger and friends". mick's got friends in the stones too.
i expected his stones friends to be his best friends for the last musical segment.

for the moment i'll back off nothing. i'll go down with the ship.

glug glug glug...

nah, its not just grohl and the arcade fire guy for one number

its the bands, arcade fire for one number, and the foos for another

arcade fire site: "We're extremely excited to be joining Mick Jagger on SNL
next Sat, May 19!"

i know that this will be very cool, and i'll eventually get into it, and that
it still might lead to good news about the stones in the coming days,
with maybe arcade fire and the foos supporting on the big free concerts...

maybe the stones for the third number?

i'm sure i'll be okay by tomorrow. gnite.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-11 18:43 by superrevvy.

Date: May 11, 2012 18:41

I'll be sure to...watch it on youtube. Maybe.

Date: May 11, 2012 18:43

I mean, Mick is great and funny etc and it would be cool if he was doing his OWN thing ie solo but since there won't be the Stones and he's gonna be playing with a sound wallpaper band (either one are quite boring) then there's really no point.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home