Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 9, 2012 18:49

Rocky Dijon
superrevvy
yeah, i should've probably phrased that sentence better. all i meant was that
maybe IORR would be a better place without my disruptive presence.

Don't be foolish. Your antics have become a longstanding tradition from your days of plotting Darryl's lead vocal spotlight to your Jar-Jar Binks routines to your current multiple SuperHeavy incarnations. Your disruptive presence is sometimes all I look forward to when I visit here. There are days I'm convinced you are also Watchman and his/her latest incarnations as well. Once you were truly Legion, you can't ever disappear. You can only give yourself a slightly different incarnation and return to fulfill your calling. It is what you do. Like the Stones, you would miss the limelight too much to stay away forever.

also, because i consider certain things you have written to be slanderous,
i have requested help from bv. please be more careful about what you write.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-09 18:51 by superrevvy.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:07

superrevvy
Oh geez, there's no need to get bv involved in this, superrevvy. Be a man!

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:33

Note to "bv" and everyone else on this MB...ANYONE can say ANYTHING they please about me...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:35

GumbootCloggeroo
superrevvy
Oh geez, there's no need to get bv involved in this, superrevvy. Be a man!

I don't think Rocky's said anything slanderous here Senor Revvy...you've created this 'out of left field' character here that a lot of us enjoy, but now I see you as being a bit revisionist and want to be taken seriously.

That's also fine, but people are just reacting to how you've previously posted...this is a pretty one dimensional medium, so it's difficult to see where we're all 'truly' coming from.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:47

MJ and the Rolling SuperFoovys?

... yeah, that sounds right.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 9, 2012 20:08

Bands that Jagger could use instead of Foo Fighters, Maroon 5 or even the Black Keys (Love the Black Keys) and an appropriate track...

Mumford and Sons - Let It Bleed
Black Angels - Rocks Off
The Hives - She Was Hot
Tame Impala - Under The Radar
Black Mountain - Midnight Rambler'
The New Barbarians - Sweet Little Rock'n Roller

Personally I'd love to see Jagger and 'his Rolling Stones' perform a 12 minute version of Midnight Rambler at the end of the whole show. Just one song. Screw multiple songs.

Date: May 9, 2012 20:14

What about Mick and Phish? I'm not a fan of theirs but they seem to pull off Stones covers pretty good.

They can call themselves Phish Micks.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 9, 2012 21:21

Here's what I can envision happening -

Since there are always 2 musical spots on SNL, I can see the first spot being Mick solo (possibly joined by Keith) w/a current band, like the aforementioned Foo Fighters perhaps. Second spot - ladies and gentlemen, the Rolling Stones. The full band, probably doing 2 songs (likely 'Start Me Up' and 'JJFlash'/or 'Miss You' I would guess.)

May be unlikely, but it seems showy enough for SNL, and sure to get Facebook/Twitter/internet abuzz into the next morning.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 9, 2012 21:51

I love you! Great post ... grinning smiley

dewlover
Note to "bv" and everyone else on this MB...ANYONE can say ANYTHING they please about me...

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:03

The silence of the Rolling Stone PR machine on all of these SNL rumors is deafening. They are usually so quick on the rebuttal when things aren't true. Of course, they might speak up any day now. But this is one of those weird situations where the more it looks like or seems the Stones won't play actually means that they will. If they play SNL I don't see it happening until the tail of the end of show.

Obviously Jagger/Richards aren't the closest of friends. But all this talk about how the reason Mick didn't do want to anything with the Stones after the Bigger Bang tour was because he was fed up, had given up on the Stones is a bit of a stretch. Why? Because '07 is also when Patti Hansen was diagnosed with cancer and given three years to live. I think that's a bigger reason why there was no Stones activity during that time.

Mick and Keith could've been thick as thieves and there still probably wouldn't have been any Stones activity. It was also during this period the whole Superheavy thing commenced. It's possible also that Patti's severe illness is why Keith had little to do with the Exile deluxe tracks. Also the economic downturn certainly played a prominent role as well, particularly when it came to touring. I think those two factors and not this "Mick is through with the Stones" are really why there was little to no Stones activity during that '07-early '10 period. It could also be why Keith decided to write the book, he didn't want to stray too far away from his wife but needed something to do so why not do a biography.

Regardless I'd say that to think that Superheavy was planned as more than a one-off is really daft. It was probably an interesting little side project for Mick and nothing more. Like it or not, the Stones are an institution and ultimately Jagger's legacy-even he knows or maybe in recent years has come to realize that.

To quote the title of a Satanic Majesties obscurity it's "On With The Show."-when it comes to Jagger and the Stones, as always.

Besides there's too much money to be made to not celebrate the 50th. It seals their already air-tight legacy. Unless tragedy strikes, Mick singing "Satisfaction" at 70 with Keith to his left on guitar is a forgone conclusion. At his heart Mick is a traditionalist, accepting a knighthood is a perfect example, and there's few things as traditional as celebrating 50 years in the biz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-09 23:06 by big4.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:14

Big4, you make a great point about Patti and her health issues. We all sometimes forget it is not always about the Glimmer Twins. Thank goodness the reports I have read in papers say she is on the mend and feeling better. And thanks for the reminder

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:34

While pointing out that the Stones are usually quick to dispel rumors is a valid point, I also look at it like this - Mick wants/needs people talking and having this aura of mystery surrounding it to get people in front of the televison. With or without the Stones, this SNL appearance will be a moment for him to shine and he and Lorne Michaels obviously want all the viewers they can get,

What if Mick's SNL appearance is really a tour announcement?
Posted by: R ()
Date: May 9, 2012 21:14

I mean come on. What other reason does have to appear on SNL? He doesn't have a book, movie or an album to flog. Elsewhere on this board are rumors the Stones are in NYC. IMAGINE the hype such an appearance would create. Imagine the typically painful opening bit from Mick and some SNL member followed by the opening credits followed by a commercial and, at 11:40pm when the show resumes, there's the Rolling Stones on stage belting, oh, "Street Fighting Man" maybe.

Just a thought... :-)

Re: What if Mick's SNL appearance is really a tour announcement?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 9, 2012 22:52

There's more than a puncher's chance that it is.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:02

The opening bit on SNL, often referred to as a "cold open", rarely involves the host of the show. Instead, it's usually a "ripped from the headlines" sketch piece that ends with one, or more, of the cast members saying, "Live from New York....". Then, the opening credit montage rolls and the host is introduced and does the monologue which is usually followed by a filmed commercial "spoof" which is then followed by an actual commercial.

If they change that order on the 19th, it could mean surprises are in store at 30 Rock.

Date: May 9, 2012 23:06

vermontoffender
The opening bit on SNL, often referred to as a "cold open", rarely involves the host of the show. Instead, it's usually a "ripped from the headlines" sketch piece that ends with one, or more, of the cast members saying, "Live from New York....". Then, the opening credit montage rolls and the host is introduced and does the monologue which is usually followed by a filmed commercial "spoof" which is then followed by an actual commercial.

If they change that order on the 19th, it could mean surprises are in store at 30 Rock.

STOP ALREADY!

My stomach acid's are gurgling

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:09

treaclefingers
vermontoffender

STOP ALREADY!

Date: May 9, 2012 23:46

Edith Grove
treaclefingers
vermontoffender

STOP ALREADY!

ah...SATISFACTION!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 10, 2012 00:04

Thanks to Big 4 for showing us there is more to life than the Stones, at least for Mick and Keith. This also jives with the rumor of a tour delay for a Keith "health issue" without making Keith a near dead zombie.

Now I want to point out that none of us know what will happen. Lorne Michaels, NBC, the Stones. and Jagger have given us nothing other than fodder for the rumor mill. Add to that the fact that the random ticketing for the event seems impenetrable, and I am not aware of any of the regulars online touting their second row seats. Juxtapose all of that with Beast and I and a few others walking in at last minute to the Beacon first show for Clinton's birthday, and we are forced to deal with the irony that the Stones camp is now run tighter than the Secret Service handles National Security! hot smiley

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 10, 2012 00:07

big4
The silence of the Rolling Stone PR machine on all of these SNL rumors is deafening. They are usually so quick on the rebuttal when things aren't true.
There is silence, yes, but when they shoot something down, it's ordinarily a mainstream media report. I don't believe we've seen one of those, only a lot of forum/blog speculation.

Date: May 10, 2012 00:18

When has a guest ever made an announcement on SNL? If the answer is never, then why would it happen now?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 10, 2012 00:48

GumbootCloggeroo
When has a guest ever made an announcement on SNL? If the answer is never, then why would it happen now?

Because it's the Stones, dude.

Date: May 10, 2012 01:14

Edith Grove
GumbootCloggeroo

smileys with beer

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2012 02:37

Edith Grove
GumbootCloggeroo

Indeed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2012 02:50

superrevvy
[also, because i consider certain things you have written to be slanderous,

Sorry I offended you, Revvy. I've never tried to have you banned as I've made clear many times before. I thought it was obvious I find your posts entertaining that's why I asked you to stick around before and now. If I've confused you with another poster regarding the Darryl thing, mea culpa. I thought that was my introduction to you on Shidoobee way back when under another Reverend name. In any event, you're clearly upset so I will not comment on you or your posts going forward unless you invite me to do so by commenting on one of my own posts. Live long and prosper.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:09

what would be more exciting than......"Live from New York.....The Rolling Stones"...they skip the skit and go straight to the band....opening monologue?...trash it...and announce a tour....then Mick's got a reason to do the show.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:29

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:17 by SecondSet.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:43

Teddy's information usually does pan out. If only the Danny Saber sessions weren't so questionable to me. Because it's Teddy I accept it happened in 2002, but it just nags at me that the dates don't line up. Still, we don't always know their movements.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:56

Blink 182 sucks. Same crap as Green Day. Foo Fighters could potentially be tolerated, but I really hope Jagger has something better up his sleeves...

However, he did remark positively about them on camera recently.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 10, 2012 04:28

if the stones dont perform on snl it will be a miracle and a disgrace IMO

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home