Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 15, 2012 03:26

Stoneage
Is Hollywood Reporter a reliable source? Sounds like a gossip columne to me. If they are right he will have his work cut out then: Hosting the show, participate in comedy acts and performing with three different bands on the same show.

Yes, as hokey as the name sounds it is actually one of the industry papers that people in that business read. I stopped going to their website because it messes with my computer which is why I always overthank people for copy/pasting stories), but it is pretty reliable information.

With that said, they are simply reporting news/smoke that is fed to them.

The Stones will play on SNL this Saturday night.... ya hear that SCL? winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-15 03:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 15, 2012 04:29

Me: "But if I print it again, everybody will laugh at me."

My brain: "Listen, print it and print it now! Or, I'm warning you for the last
time, you're going to get the worst case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome on record."

Me: "Okay, okay, I'll print it! But can't you at least give me a glimmer why
you're still thinking this way?"

My brain: "Politicians and show business people deny things all the time for
strategic advantage, dickhead!"

My brain has hurt my feelings. I start to cry. My brain softens...

My brain: "Remember when you threw that surprise party for Reba and the little
lies you had to tell to keep it a surprise?"

I brighten.

My brain: "Print it, dickhead."

superrevvy
Jeff Beck - one Stones hit (non-Jagger/Richards), with Mick
Arcade Fire - one Stones hit played their way, no Mick
Foo Fighters - one Stones hit played their way, no Mick
Rolling Stones - one Stones hit played their way, with Mick obviously

Also, BIG "FAREWELL" TOUR announcement, pushed back forward into this year

Combination of giant free outdoor festivals (with golden circles) and expensive indoor special shows. 50 shows total. Enjoy!

Date: May 15, 2012 04:57

Everybody ready??? Lorne!!! Lorne!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-15 06:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 15, 2012 05:14

Mick will be in 2 or 3 skits tops. These season finale shows are always filled with lots of cameo's. Usually movie stars and x-snl players. McCartney actually did 4 songs on his most recent appearance. If the Stones are on the show in any capacity, I don't expect them to play, but wouldn't be surprised if they came out on "Weekend Update" to make an announcement. Ratings will be at there highest at that point in the show. Not at the end.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 15, 2012 08:34

Hi, I've been using the site since 2005 for news, and this is my first post. I've read every post on this thread, so naturally, I have a lot to say...
The Stones aren't playing on SNL. I know, it's a bitch. I heard them call Mick jagger's name and I salivated like a pavlov dog.

At this point, I'm over it and looking forward to Stones getting together for the the 2013 tour, and hopefully it will start very early 2013. Yes, SNL is fun to talk about, but if I said Mick has zero intentions of playing with the Stones any time this year, would that REALLY surprise any of you?? I'm having trouble figuring out why anyone would continue to say that the Stones will appear on SNL after SNL has already announced the bands. Mick has been doing projects with other people/ groups for a while now...for example, the Grammy Awards, SuperHeavy, The White House Blues, Will-I-Am... and now SNL.

As for Keith, he admits he's rusty and not ready to play. My guess is that the "rehearsals" in NY, could be for anything... maybe for Keith to clean off his rust... but it is not for SNL. I doubt the band wouldn't use SNL as a reason to get together. Mick and Keith's relationship is more complex than that, they need a bigger and better reason to give each other attention. SNL is supposed to be fun, and Mick (obviously) thinks it's more fun to play with these other groups than it is to play with a rusty Keith Richards. If I'm wrong (and Keith shows up), then why wouldn't they have done this earlier? Their health and talent, as a group, is in a decline, it's painfully obvious -- even more so after listening to the newly re-mixed Brussels, L.A., Ft. Worth, and Hampton albums. So why would they get together on SNL? 50th? It's a big deal to announce a 50th anniversary tour for the Stones, and if they were announcing it on SNL, they wouldn't do it with Jeff Beck and the Foo Fighters. Also, I doubt they announce their tour on SNL, but I'm sure they will discuss it at the "rehearsals." Who knows the "rehearsals" may actually be "long conversations" about health and sobriety with constant breaks to check Keith's heartbeat.

Lastly, correct me if Im wrong, but SNL doesn't lie or mislead the public about its musical guests. They have guest appearances all the time in skits, but not with musical guests. SNL has been struggling for years, and the show is finally starting to come around and move up in the ratings. If The Rolling Stones were playing, they would announce it to get the ratings. I think they invited Mick b/c he's hot again and proved he is in 2 or 3 song performance shape during the White House Blues. Honestly, I hate to say it, but I think the song "Moves like Jagger" revitalized Mick's name and image a lot more than I thought it would. Remember... It's all about Mick Jagger... he just wants to have fun, and that's what SNL is all about. So, no Stones on SNL.

I leave you all with a little bit of (off topic) hope... Remember Jimmy Paige at closing ceremony the Beijing Olympics? Any thoughts/ comments about the Stones (or Mick by himself again) performing at the Olympics? My guess is the London Olympics may have contributed to postponing their tour. Is Mick running the 40 yard dash? Oh, and one more thing... I hope I'm completely wrong about everything I just said in this post! (except for the Olympics part).

Are the Stones really performing? Mama says yes, papa says no. I'll make up my mind, but I gotta go.

Keith speaks on mick's SNL performance
Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:09

Keith Richards Won't Join Mick Jagger on 'Saturday Night Live'
'He's on his own,' says Rolling Stones guitarist
Comment
By Patrick Doyle
May 14, 2012 12:45 PM ET
Keith Richards
Keith Richards performs at The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library And Museum in Boston.
Taylor Hill/WireImage

When NBC announced that Mick Jagger would host and perform on the May 19th season finale of Saturday Night Live, fans wondered whether the Rolling Stones would use the platform to stage their first live performance in nearly five years – or at least make a cameo. But Keith Richards tells Rolling Stone that he won't be involved. "I spoke to Mick and he said it's something that he said yes to many months ago, so he's just doing it," Richards says. "He's on his own."

Will the guitarist be watching? "Probably," Richards says with a laugh.

News of Jagger's SNL gig – which marks the singer's third appearance on the show, and his first as a host – set off speculation among fans, some of whom wondered whether the Stones might use his appearance to announce their anticipated 50th anniversary tour. Jagger isn't promoting anything else currently (his last project, SuperHeavy, was released last September), and the Stones have staged rehearsals in recent weeks. However, Jagger is only confirmed to perform with Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck on the show.

Richards previously told Rolling Stone that the band will not tour in 2012 to mark their 50th anniversary. "Basically, we're just not ready," he said, adding that 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that's more realistic … The Stones always really considered 1963 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January. We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

But don't count Richards out of SNL completely. Stones plans often change at the last minute; Richards never announced that he was joining Jagger at 2001's Concert for New York, but he showed up, joining the frontman on "Miss You" and "Salt of the Earth."

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Keith speaks on mick's SNL performance
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:13

Thank you Jaggerman. Now the speculation can subside. If something Stones related happens on the show, so be it. But don't stick your head in the gas oven if it don't.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:16

Hey ho...just mick making a twat of himself then. At least we should thank our lucky stars he's not bringing Superheavy with him!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:19

Well that's disappointing, but at least we can stop with the breathless speculation. I still get the feeling though that Mick didn't WANT this knowledge out there - who knows how many veiwers have been lost (that may include me too actually).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:31

Boooooo!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()

The speculation will stop? Now people will start speculating WHY Keith won't be on the show. eye rolling smiley It never stops.

Posted by: rogue ()

theimposter
Well that's disappointing, but at least we can stop with the breathless speculation. I still get the feeling though that Mick didn't WANT this knowledge out there - who knows how many veiwers have been lost (that may include me too actually).

Aww, nuts. I have to agree with all of your points on this one including doubts about even watching the show.

Mick not wanting any of this to come out is probably why so many are not talking but leave it to Keef to bring some clarity and a reality check.

This is a bummer, but it still does not make sense why they are all in NY at the same time. If this were the 70's it would not bother me but today with all of there different houses, etc. they are rarely in the same town together unless it means Stones business.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:32

24FPS
Thank you Jaggerman. Now the speculation can subside. If something Stones related happens on the show, so be it. But don't stick your head in the gas oven if it don't.

I'd say this article does the opposite. Hard to imagine that last sentence being approved by Jagger if he didn't want to further fuel speculation. That was a de facto Stones press release in article form. RS has long been just another piece of the bands PR machine-I doubt that went live without Mick's approval.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:36

Richards never announced he would join Jagger in 2001 for the NY 911 concert but he also did not make a statement that he would NOT be appearing at the show.

I see now why this could be another ruse but really why be so blunt about it?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:40

crumbling_mice
.....At least we should thank our lucky stars he's not bringing Superheavy with him!

That's a saving grace....

Date: May 14, 2012 20:41

rogue
theimposter

Aww, nuts. I have to agree with all of your points on this one including doubts about even watching the show.

Mick not wanting any of this to come out is probably why so many are not talking but leave it to Keef to bring some clarity and a reality check.

This is a bummer, but it still does not make sense why they are all in NY at the same time. If this were the 70's it would not bother me but today with all of there different houses, etc. they are rarely in the same town together unless it means Stones business.

On the plus side, I supposed, the article does at least confirm the recent rehearsals of the actual band.

Up until just now, I was going to tune in no matter what. Now, I will watch if I happen to be up when it comes on. I do like the bands that Mick is playing with, so who knows?

Date: May 14, 2012 20:45

NEWS FLASH-
Richards may not appear on SNL season finale, but he might appear on SNL season finale.

Glad they cleared it all up.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:46

Mick still hasn't forgiven Keith.

An elephant never forgets.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 14, 2012 21:04

Max'sKansasCity
NEWS FLASH-
Richards may not appear on SNL season finale, but he might appear on SNL season finale.

Glad they cleared it all up.

Good to be here, good to be anywhere winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 21:04 by mtaylor.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 21:06

Jagger without Richards is like Laurel without Hardy, Abbott without Costello or Sonny without Cher.

It's just sad. . .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 21:07 by mitchflorida1.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2012 21:17

With the Stones, plus Mick Taylor all being in New York the same time this SNL solo Jagger performance will go down as the greatest anti-climax in history. What a waste. I don't give a crap about Jeff Beck. I don't actually give much of a crap about solo Mick Jagger either.

Date: May 14, 2012 21:18

Well, here's hoping we get "Just Another Night".

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 14, 2012 21:19

mitchflorida1
Jagger without Richards is like Laurel without Hardy, Abbott without Costello or Sonny without Cher.

It's just sad. . .
Quit being a drama queen!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2012 21:47

GumbootCloggeroo
mitchflorida1

It's just sad. . .
Quit being a drama queen!

Yes, like Peter without Gordon, Chad without Jeremy, Simon without Garfunkel, Loggins without Messina, Martin without Lewis, Burns without Allen, Lennon without McCartney, Davies without Davies, Gallagher without Gallagher...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 14, 2012 22:17

Looks like Jagger spoils many dreams for many people.
Thanks Mick
jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 14, 2012 22:26

"Looks like Jagger spoils many dreams for many OLD people"

His aim is to revitalize the name "Rolling Stones" among the 15-30 y.o. population.

He doesn't preach to the converted (aka the hardcore fans) or to the old farts (aka the IORR crowd) grinning smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 14, 2012 22:41

corriecas
Looks like Jagger spoils many dreams for many people.
Thanks Mick
jeroen

He doesn't owe anything to anyone. Sweet dreams.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 14, 2012 22:51

Well, praises to Keith for setting the record straight. I was wondering how Keith Freakin' Richards would stand for skits like:
- the Karl Lagerfeld one
- the 'time capsule' one
- the 'what's marriage like Keith? you mean I cannot sleep with other women....or men' one ( Mike Myers as Mick and Dana Carvey as Keith. Stones security still do that one with the fans in Toronto)
- the cheeseburger, cheeseburger one
- on and on

Now, before you all berate me for saying this and remind me of 1978 - please remember the Stones (and Keith in particular) had to *do something* to keep their image out there, play music and show the world that (hopefully) Toronto, '77 was not the end of the band as Keith was facing serious jail time.

Whew....now I can relax!smoking smiley

--------------

ETA: I just thought of something - when Keith & The Winos were playing Toronto's Massey Hall, Mick was doing SNL. Someone said to Keith after the Winos show that Mick did a skit on SNL in which Mick played you.
Keith's response was - 'Good, now I don't have to do SNL myself!'cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 23:03 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:00

I think we're done hearing Keith badmouth Mick's solo projects. You know Mick's got him by the balls at this point because he didn't say anything bad about Superheavy.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:04

Send It To me
I think we're done hearing Keith badmouth Mick's solo projects. You know Mick's got him by the balls at this point because he didn't say anything bad about Superheavy.

What COULD Keith say about PooperHeave? He said it all with Dogsh*t In The Doorway.smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 23:07 by Cocaine Eyes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home