Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 59
Re: Keith speaks on mick's SNL performance
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:06

Give us a straw, and we´´ll make a world tour out of it..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:14

Am I really the only one whom believes Jagger told the band in December 2011 that he would not play or tour with them? Do you really believe Jagger would play on SNL for a live audience of millions with Richards in his current state?

Mathijs

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:20

Mathijs
Am I really the only one whom believes Jagger told the band in December 2011 that he would not play or tour with them? Do you really believe Jagger would play on SNL for a live audience of millions with Richards in his current state?

Mathijs

Two responses:

1. I don't think Jagger told the band in December that he (Jagger) wouldn't play live/tour with them.

2. I do, however, believe that Keith doesn't like the SNL crowd (which is much like the Studio 54 crowd that Keith also disliked). So, Keith stays away and watches to see what Jagger will do on SNL.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 14, 2012 23:29

Well if they really want to let the cat out on SNL - how silly would it be if everyone could hear the cat meow today and see it what it looks like?

I'll wait & see (in suspense) 'till next saturday.
they can disapoint me later.

hmm, the later, the better.smoking smiley

Date: May 15, 2012 00:15

GumbootCloggeroo
The speculation will stop? Now people will start speculating WHY Keith won't be on the show. eye rolling smiley It never stops.

Not sure everyone believes Keith won't be on the show.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 15, 2012 00:24

Mathijs

Mathijs

What "state" would that be? And if Jagger told Richards this why were they rehearsing in New York?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 15, 2012 00:25

mitchflorida1

An elephant never forgets.

"The elephant's in the bedroom - throwing all his weight around"

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 00:26

Mathijs

Mathijs

Possibly. That is not what Mick told the band in December, 2011. Keith was very pleased with the outcome of that meeting.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 15, 2012 00:28

It seems to be all over the news now:

[www.contactmusic.com]

Mick Jagger will be a Stone alone when he performs on U.S. comedy show Saturday Night Live this weekend (19May12) - bandmate Keith Richards has ruled out a Rolling Stones get together in New York.

Jagger will host the Snl season finale and also provide the night's musical performances - solo.

Richards tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I spoke to Mick and he said it's something that he said yes to many months ago, so he's just doing it. He's on his own."

Many fans had hoped Jagger's appearance on the show - his first as host - would lead to a Stones reunion, in what will be the band's 50th anniversary year. The group has been staging rehearsals in recent weeks.

Date: May 15, 2012 00:33

mitchflorida1
Mick still hasn't forgiven Keith.

A Rhino just moves on.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 15, 2012 00:42

Cocaine Eyes
What COULD Keith say about PooperHeave? He said it all with Dogsh*t In The Doorway.smoking smiley

And that's why Keith's mouth is sooooo good for the band.
eye rolling smiley

Lucky for him he's Keith Richards and can still write and play like the best of them.
Oh, right....

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 15, 2012 00:50

MightyStonesStillRollin50
mitchflorida1
Mick still hasn't forgiven Keith.

A Rhino just moves on.

Especially when he has authored the script.

Date: May 15, 2012 00:56

Cocaine Eyes
Mathijs

Mathijs

Two responses:

1. I don't think Jagger told the band in December that he (Jagger) wouldn't play live/tour with them.

2. I do, however, believe that Keith doesn't like the SNL crowd (which is much like the Studio 54 crowd that Keith also disliked). So, Keith stays away and watches to see what Jagger will do on SNL.

1) What else did jagger do during his one our presence with the band?

2) The audience at SNL is just crew and family, no '54' crowd, which doesn't even exist anymore. Richard performed twice on SNL so his 'disliking' can't be a reason.

Mathijs

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:00

Mathijs
Do you really believe Jagger would play on SNL for a live audience of millions with Richards in his current state?
Mathijs

No doubt Keith is way rusty/out of practice etc, and a whole concert is out of the question for now. But the dude can belt out a good version of JJF in his sleep, even with those bent up fingers of his. Same goes for SMU. It's just not that big a challenge, even in his present "state". So in that context, yeah, I think Jagger would do it.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:02

TeddyB1018
Mathijs

Mathijs

Possibly. That is not what Mick told the band in December, 2011. Keith was very pleased with the outcome of that meeting.

Richards was pleased to the same extent as when he discussed with the Times Jagger's penis? Or the same as when he counted the proceeds from his book?
I do not believe that Mick ever will be on one stage with Richards. not in 2012 not in 2013 - no matter what he said to Richards at the meeting

Date: May 15, 2012 01:07

71Tele
Mathijs

Mathijs

What "state" would that be? And if Jagger told Richards this why were they rehearsing in New York?

The state of Richards we've seen during the Sumlin and Chuck Berry gig, which is the state of somebody who has retired from being a working musician.

To date there is no proof they ever had a serious session in either London or New York. Remember: none of the crew was present. Did they set-up their equipment by themselves, something they haven't done since '65? Did they have a session with a totally retired Keith Richards without Chuck Leavell and Darryl Jones? Reports had Jagger stating they played music of the new Some Girls reissue -do you really think Richards would remember or is able to play any of the songs on this reissue version?

I am sorry, I just don't buy it. To me it sounds like the Stones have called it quits, but still want to cash on the 50 anniversary with all the merchandise, google music and book deals. So they pretend to still be an active band, that's my view on it.

Mathijs

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:13

Mathijs
I am sorry, I just don't buy it. To me it sounds like the Stones have called it quits, but still want to cash on the 50 anniversary with all the merchandise, google music and book deals. So they pretend to still be an active band, that's my view on it.

Mathijs

smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:15

So then, all the first hand accounts that have leaked through from people actually AT the rehearsals are all involved in some kind of conspiracy?

It's weird to think about their normal crew not there but what exactly couldn't the crew at the rehearsal space not be able to handle that they couldn't do it themselves? They use the amps that are at the rehearsal space...Keith/Ronnie bring in their guitars or also use the axes that are available to them. Don Was comes along and fills in on the bass on a couple blues tunes. Keith may not know the songs like the back of his hand but it's not exaclty rocket science to play along to "Tallahassie Lassie" or who knows whatever song they played.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-15 01:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:25

Justin
So then, all the first hand accounts that have leaked through from people actually AT the rehearsals are all involved in some kind of conspiracy?

It's weird to think about their normal crew not there but what exactly couldn't the crew at the rehearsal space not be able to handle that they couldn't do it themselves? They use the amps that are at the rehearsal space...Keith/Ronnie bring in their guitars or also use the axes that are available to them. Don Was comes along and fills in on the bass on a couple blues tunes. Keith may not know the songs like the back of his hand but it's not exaclty rocket science to play along to "Tallahassie Lassie" or who knows whatever song they played.

One of the main reasons for these "rehearsals" is the filming of the documentary, just like it was in December(I know that Gazza's source told they didn't film, but Rolling Stone said the opposite and I believe them more)

Date: May 15, 2012 01:28

Mathijs
71Tele
Mathijs

Mathijs

The state of Richards we've seen during the Sumlin and Chuck Berry gig, which is the state of somebody who has retired from being a working musician.

To date there is no proof they ever had a serious session in either London or New York. Remember: none of the crew was present. Did they set-up their equipment by themselves, something they haven't done since '65? Did they have a session with a totally retired Keith Richards without Chuck Leavell and Darryl Jones? Reports had Jagger stating they played music of the new Some Girls reissue -do you really think Richards would remember or is able to play any of the songs on this reissue version?

Mathijs

I have a friend who just happens to agree with you. He has been saying for five years that they are done for the very same reasons you gave here. I don't agree, but we probably won't really know for sure until the 50th anniversary year comes and goes.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:34

It's good to see that the speculation has ended. Once again Mick Jagger will peform with Arcade Fire, the Foo Fighters, and Jeff Beck. There is no more information on speculate on. If KR or any other Stone, as an individual or group appears, then it will be totally by surprise. There. Done and dusted.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:36

proudmary
Justin

One of the main reasons for these "rehearsals" is the filming of the documentary, just like it was in December(I know that Gazza's source told they didn't film, but Rolling Stone said the opposite and I believe them more)

Well regardless if they filmed it or not...they DID meet. Mathijs is still stuck on the fact that they never met and this is some kind of master conspiracy. I just don't see what value they have in all coming together and lying. For what benefit? For the fan boys on this forum? What good has it done to say they came together to rehearse? Nothing. It only fueled endless speculation--that Mick does NOT want put on him. If I recall correctly, it was RS magazine that got the scoop directly from Keith that they were meeting in London to jam. No where else was it mentioned. Then Mick later mentioned how it went. To suggest that all this was false and never happened...I just don't see the point in any of them wasting their time in doing so....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:41

JAMESF, you're a riot!! hot smiley I agree with you 100%, and your sarcasm is priceless. Yeah, I think Keith's shortcomings are the elephant in the room, and his mouth has been a problem for quite a few years now. Notice who looks classy and who DOESN'T!!
Mathijs,I think you could be right on target.

Date: May 15, 2012 01:45

proudmary
TeddyB1018
Mathijs

Mathijs

Richards was pleased to the same extent as when he discussed with the Times Jagger's penis? Or the same as when he counted the proceeds from his book?
I do not believe that Mick ever will be on one stage with Richards. not in 2012 not in 2013 - no matter what he said to Richards at the meeting

Well, proudmary you may ultimately be proven right, and if so, I will be the first one to admit that I was wrong and that you saw the reality of the situation far more clearly than I ever did. I sure hope you are wrong. Because, if what you are saying is true then the Rolling Stones are truly finished, for all intents and purposes. A hard pill to swallow, indeed.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 15, 2012 02:45

the stones suck with this kind of stuff, a perfect opportunity right in their face and they screw it up, freaking disgrace that they are not doing this

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 03:00

Mick is showing who is the boss. Hard lesson for Keith.

Date: May 15, 2012 03:04

mitchflorida1
Mick is showing who is the boss. Hard lesson for Keith.

I think Keith has known all along who the boss is, but I get what you are saying and who knows maybe that is what is really going on? If so, my take on everything blows up in my face.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: May 15, 2012 03:13

I will just watch the show and be surprised at whatever happens.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2012 03:13

proudmary
Justin

Thats quite funny, considering where Rolling Stone got their original story from.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home