Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2013 22:08

How does this shop compare pricewise, to other shops? This place is about a 45 min drive. Is their Stones stuff worth while?

[www.eides.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2013 22:14

MingSubu
How does this shop compare pricewise, to other shops? This place is about a 45 min drive. Is their Stones stuff worth while?

[www.eides.com]

I think you might be able to find things cheaper online, depending on the title. Certainly the sealed albums selling for $15 I'd snap up, as you won't get those cheaper, if you factor in shipping. Difficult to tell on the pricier ones. The blue vinyl Black and Blue seems overpriced.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:29

Agreed , very pricey indeed .

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:47

Ricky
Toru A
Just out of curiosity, have the Stones ever released Quadraphonic vinyls?

I remember many artists released Quad LP in the early 70's.
I used to listen to Santana, Chicago and many more with Sansui amplifier.

Bill Wyman released on Rolling Stones Records a quadraphonic version of Monkey Grip (RSR QD 79100) in USA.

Best
Ricky san,

Thank you for your input.smiling smiley

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:26

Toru: I don't know of any other Stones-related release in Quadraphonic sound.
Thanks for your info about HD downloads.
Best

Date: September 18, 2013 06:25

OK I found a pretty interesting link from popsike, which has some historicals on sales of rare stones vinyl.

[www.popsike.com]

I thought this list might be of interest...coming in at number one most expensive was a Street Fighting Man picture sleeve 45 for over $15000...crazy I know!

Also on the list is the promotional album, the MFSL box, the alternate High Tide and Green Grass cover and a 1A/1A DECCA debut album with the short version of Tell Me, 2:52.

Date: September 21, 2013 17:34

Here's something that I'd never heard of before, Rolling Stones Five by Five, VOLUME 2 !

I thought there may be different songs but apparently it's just the same as the original, but made by DECCA for the export market, with a new catalogue number and one LESS song. Love to know why they did this...anyone own volume 2?

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 21, 2013 17:55

treaclefingers
Here's something that I'd never heard of before, Rolling Stones Five by Five, VOLUME 2 !

I thought there may be different songs but apparently it's just the same as the original, but made by DECCA for the export market, with a new catalogue number and one LESS song. Love to know why they did this...anyone own volume 2?

[www.discogs.com]

That´s the way it was released here in Sweden.
It´s not actually called Five By Five, Volume 2 - but rather The Rolling Stones, Volume 2.
As to why - no idea... (4 songs on an EP was standard, though)

Date: September 21, 2013 18:27

rootsman
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

It´s not actually called Five By Five, Volume 2 - but rather The Rolling Stones, Volume 2.

OK, thanks for that...that actually makes far more sense, calling it the Rolling Stones Volume 2.

I guess they weren't interested in giving the export market any bonuses back then.

I wonder if the Japanese version of Five by Five has Doom and Gloom and One More Shot?!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 21, 2013 18:39

treaclefingers
rootsman
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

OK, thanks for that...that actually makes far more sense, calling it the Rolling Stones Volume 2.

I guess they weren't interested in giving the export market any bonuses back then.

I wonder if the Japanese version of Five by Five has Doom and Gloom and One More Shot?!

It was planned to add these songs but Brain Jones though the songs was about him so they skipped them........(just to get history right)

Date: September 21, 2013 19:09

NICOS
treaclefingers
rootsman
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

It was planned to add these songs but Brain Jones though the songs was about him so they skipped them........(just to get history right)

Good one (Almost!), NICOS!

You had me up to Brain Jones.

Date: September 25, 2013 20:17

It was my birthday last week and so I decided to treat myself .

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 20:19

^
I envy you

Date: September 27, 2013 08:07

Very nice Boston! Happy B-lated Birthday!

Date: October 2, 2013 01:07

OK, someone explain to me two things.

First, why the 63-69 vinyl box from 2010 is worth around $1000 now all over the world, and second, why it's available for under $300 on Amazon.ca? All the other Amazon country sites, if you can even get it, go for a king's ransom:

[www.amazon.ca]

Part of me wants to buy this and turn around and sell it on EBAY (I already have more than one copy...I don't need another!).

Anyone?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 2, 2013 01:43

Here's the post I added to the Mosquito Sunglasses thread:

A couple days ago I found this complete 90-minute documentary on Gilligan's Island from 2001 called Surviving Gilligan's Island. Bob Denver, Dawn Wells, Russell Johnson and Sherwood Schwartz take part in recreating how the series came to be and how the cast came to be close like a family on and off the set. The actors brought in to play the younger cast members do a credible and spirited job and I really like this documentary, which I've watched more than half of so far, as it has lots of charm. Fun fact: Before eventually casting Alan Hale, Jr., for the role, the producers were keen on Carroll O'Connor for the part, which would have made Gilligan the original Meathead. Sherwood and the producers were having lunch in a restaurant one day when Sherwood spotted Hale at another table, who was telling companions that because the acting work was drying up he was about to retire and go into real estate....

Date: October 2, 2013 11:29

treaclefingers

First, why the 63-69 vinyl box from 2010 is worth around $1000 now all over the world, and second, why it's available for under $300 on Amazon.ca? All the other Amazon country sites, if you can even get it, go for a king's ransom:

[www.amazon.ca]

Part of me wants to buy this and turn around and sell it on EBAY (I already have more than one copy...I don't need another!).

Anyone?

I believe that people PANIC and feel that they may not find another .
It's so easy to click on a tab and buy something and you're not actually pulling cash from your wallet at the time so it seems harmless .

As most of you know that is why most people have huge credit card debt , they just don't think .

If I see something that interests me often times I'll wait to see if the price will drop if I feel it is overpriced .

If I were you treacle , take the chance on reselling the 63-69 vinyl box from 2010 . Good luck !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 11:30 by boston2006.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 2, 2013 11:46

I've got 3 vinyl bootlegs that I picked up relatively cheap.

Hawaiian Holiday, Midnight Ramblers and Blind Date. Just wondering if these were worth anything?

Date: October 3, 2013 02:14

boston2006
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.ca]

Anyone?

I believe that people PANIC and feel that they may not find another .
It's so easy to click on a tab and buy something and you're not actually pulling cash from your wallet at the time so it seems harmless .

As most of you know that is why most people have huge credit card debt , they just don't think .

If I see something that interests me often times I'll wait to see if the price will drop if I feel it is overpriced .

If I were you treacle , take the chance on reselling the 63-69 vinyl box from 2010 . Good luck !

You know something funny Boston, I've never ever sold anything on EBAY...bought a lot, mostly stones vinyl but never sold anything.

I've duplicates, triplicates and QUADRUPILCATES of a lot of albums so I should probably consider it!

Funny thing is I'd already bought ANOTHER 63-69 box set in June when I was in Toronto for the Stones show...I got that one in a record store that had slashed the price from $560 to $270. I was aware that time that it was about $500 under market so I got it, thinking I might resell on EBAY. Price seems to have gone over $1000 now.

I'm in no rush to sell, but buying ANOTHER one seems ridiculous at this point, especially if I don't sell it. My wife would kill me!

Date: October 3, 2013 02:16

stonehearted
Here's the post I added to the Mosquito Sunglasses thread:

A couple days ago I found this complete 90-minute documentary on Gilligan's Island from 2001 called Surviving Gilligan's Island. Bob Denver, Dawn Wells, Russell Johnson and Sherwood Schwartz take part in recreating how the series came to be and how the cast came to be close like a family on and off the set. The actors brought in to play the younger cast members do a credible and spirited job and I really like this documentary, which I've watched more than half of so far, as it has lots of charm. Fun fact: Before eventually casting Alan Hale, Jr., for the role, the producers were keen on Carroll O'Connor for the part, which would have made Gilligan the original Meathead. Sherwood and the producers were having lunch in a restaurant one day when Sherwood spotted Hale at another table, who was telling companions that because the acting work was drying up he was about to retire and go into real estate....

Thanks stonehearted, I'm travelling right now...I'll have to watch when I'm back home as my internet connection isn't very high speed so it's stuttering right now.

Sherwood's great...he also did Brady Bunch. My kids love both shows.

Date: October 3, 2013 02:29

erad
I've got 3 vinyl bootlegs that I picked up relatively cheap.

Hawaiian Holiday, Midnight Ramblers and Blind Date. Just wondering if these were worth anything?

You should look them up on EBAY, if they're listed there that may give you an idea.

Unfortunately I'm not that aware of the value of bootlegs myself.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 3, 2013 12:32

erad, any pics of the bootlegs?

If you find their prices. Could you please post them?

Thanks!

Date: October 7, 2013 15:55

My sister picked this up for me .
It's cut out of a 12 inch LP .
Thought it was rather cool .

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:12

Nice, never seen!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:49

MingSubu

Thanks!
Here you go:

Blind Date, which is a double album of the benefit concert in 1979:

Midnight Ramblers, which is a double album. One LP contains tracks from San Diego 1969 and the second is from New York 1972. The San Diego is AUD while the New York portion of the album is in SBD.

Hawaiian Holiday, also a double album which contains one record of tv performaces and outtakes (I think) and the second record is audience recording of the 1973 Hawaiian show.

Sorry about the shitty quality, my phone only has a 5mp camera.
As for the prices, at present there are two copies of Blind Date on ebay for $140USD and $95USD which look to be in similar condition to my copy. I could not find any copies of Midnight Ramblers online, even on discogs.com. Hawaiian Holiday however seems to be a bit more common, with 3 copies on the site at not very high prices. [www.discogs.com]

I believe that both of these albums were made by Australian labels called Beacon Island records and Phoenix Records, which could explain why they don't seem very common.

The prices that I could find are still more than what I paid which is good to see.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 17:00 by erad.

Date: October 7, 2013 20:05

erad
MingSubu

Thanks!
Here you go:

Blind Date, which is a double album of the benefit concert in 1979:

Midnight Ramblers, which is a double album. One LP contains tracks from San Diego 1969 and the second is from New York 1972. The San Diego is AUD while the New York portion of the album is in SBD.

Hawaiian Holiday, also a double album which contains one record of tv performaces and outtakes (I think) and the second record is audience recording of the 1973 Hawaiian show.

Sorry about the shitty quality, my phone only has a 5mp camera.
As for the prices, at present there are two copies of Blind Date on ebay for $140USD and $95USD which look to be in similar condition to my copy. I could not find any copies of Midnight Ramblers online, even on discogs.com. Hawaiian Holiday however seems to be a bit more common, with 3 copies on the site at not very high prices. [www.discogs.com]

I believe that both of these albums were made by Australian labels called Beacon Island records and Phoenix Records, which could explain why they don't seem very common.

The prices that I could find are still more than what I paid which is good to see.

Photo quality is horrible...it's all white!

Just kidding...you need to post your photos on a site like photobucket, and then post the image url in your email, instead of trying to post the photo directly.

Hope that works for ya...

Date: October 7, 2013 20:06

boston2006

Interesting indeed Boston...a wall decoration I presume?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 7, 2013 20:32

Maybe an impossible question to answer; but which are the ten most valued Rolling Stones items? The most sought after, the Holy Graal for Rolling Stones collectors? Maybe you could name one at least? Thanks in advance.

Date: October 7, 2013 20:37

treaclefingers
boston2006

Interesting indeed Boston...a wall decoration I presume?

A wall hanger for sure !!

Date: October 7, 2013 20:38

And this one came in todays deliveries !

I love mislabeled items !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home