Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:52

NICOS
GOOMC ?

Get out of my car

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 19, 2013 03:48

More fun & games. This has always been a favorite of mine:

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 19, 2013 08:35

stonesstein
More fun & games. This has always been a favorite of mine:

Dude...you're killing us.

Great post, but what is the story behind this? Is it a bootleg, must be, no?

Is this a Spanish release...South American?

Do tell.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 19, 2013 18:08

Authentic release, Mexican and very rare. I had a chance to buy one for 60 euros and thought it was too much. Later I learned about my mistake.

Date: October 19, 2013 18:27

frankotero
Authentic release, Mexican and very rare. I had a chance to buy one for 60 euros and thought it was too much. Later I learned about my mistake.

Are you saying it's worth far more?

Date: October 19, 2013 18:55

Of course the value is questionable (what someone is willing to pay) but from what I was told by the guy that owned it and got it from Mexico said it's probably the rarest Mexican 45. Think you can check on Popsike for what it's been selling for. Also, I think it's that's the only country that released that title. Do you know about those books by Christoph Maus? There's a lot of great information in those. Could save you a fortune in some ways. Good luck collecting.smileys with beer

Date: October 19, 2013 19:00

frankotero
Of course the value is questionable (what someone is willing to pay) but from what I was told by the guy that owned it and got it from Mexico said it's probably the rarest Mexican 45. Think you can check on Popsike for what it's been selling for. Also, I think it's that's the only country that released that title. Do you know about those books by Christoph Maus? There's a lot of great information in those. Could save you a fortune in some ways. Good luck collecting.smileys with beer

In general I've shied away from 'country specific' releases, other than UK and USA. There are a few exceptions, As Tears Go By in Italian, Winning Ugly Canada, and a few French/Spanish and Japanese ones.

In general I think some of the releases from Eastern Europe that purport to be official are bootleg, and I believe some of the South American ones as well and I'm loath to go down that road...maybe it's just that I want to insulate my pocketbook!

Date: October 19, 2013 19:18

I get it. Mostly I collect UK pressings, the one's I can afford anyway. Though I'm American I stay away from U.S. records unless they have special meaning. Recently I was lucky enough to buy 12X5 Jukebox EP with cardboard sleeve. That's now one of my favorites in the collection. Next I want to have an LP with open box London and ear mark.

Date: October 19, 2013 19:47

frankotero
I get it. Mostly I collect UK pressings, the one's I can afford anyway. Though I'm American I stay away from U.S. records unless they have special meaning. Recently I was lucky enough to buy 12X5 Jukebox EP with cardboard sleeve. That's now one of my favorites in the collection. Next I want to have an LP with open box London and ear mark.

COOL! I have NOW! jukebox EP, but without cardboard sleeve. Similarly something from GHS.

I do believe I have a few open box London's and ear mark...I'll have to dig those out and post.

I think also very rare are very early London's, open box, in the blue label stereo.

They just didn't press a lot of them initially.

Date: October 19, 2013 20:50

I have always loved that CYHMK sleeve, and from what I understand, it is rare as all hell.

Here is one that not too many see too often with the white London script:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 19, 2013 21:05

and here is one that I dare say few have seen. I understand that it, too, like the Dot Records knockoff, is a pirate issue from the Far East. I have never seen another one like this anywhere in 40 years of collecting.

and the other side:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 19, 2013 21:09

Last thing for awhile is one that I really want y'all's help on. I nicked this photo off a web page some time back, but I would LOVE to learn the origin of this cartoon and where it first showed, etc. IF YOU KNOW, PLEASE CHIME IN!!!

Wouldn't this have made an incredible picture sleeve IF the song had been a 45?

(Yes, it would have!)

Enjoy:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 19, 2013 22:46

Never saw any of those 45s Stonesstein, but they look pretty cool. Treaclefingers, from my understanding "Now" is the one to have because there are true stereo mixes on it. Have you noticed that when listening? However, the bad news is those Eps are notorious for poor sound quality as they crammed extra songs on them. Nevertheless I dig 'em. Especially with the cardboard sleeves.

Date: October 20, 2013 00:58

frankotero
Never saw any of those 45s Stonesstein, but they look pretty cool. Treaclefingers, from my understanding "Now" is the one to have because there are true stereo mixes on it. Have you noticed that when listening? However, the bad news is those Eps are notorious for poor sound quality as they crammed extra songs on them. Nevertheless I dig 'em. Especially with the cardboard sleeves.

Yeah that would have made an interesting cover for Rip This Joint, and that should have been a single, as should Rocks Off and Shine a Light!

I haven't even listened to NOW EP if I'm being honest...I went through a period of 3 years where I was constantly buying on EBAY...I had deliveries coming all the time. Kind of what I think it's like at Boston2006's house!

I finally got myself off that bad habit, and now I've got a slew of amazing stones vinyl...I try not to go back on Ebay as the temptation is pretty high!

Date: October 20, 2013 01:36

treaclefingers

Yeah that would have made an interesting cover for Rip This Joint, and that should have been a single, as should Rocks Off and Shine a Light!

I haven't even listened to NOW EP if I'm being honest...I went through a period of 3 years where I was constantly buying on EBAY...I had deliveries coming all the time. Kind of what I think it's like at Boston2006's house!

I finally got myself off that bad habit, and now I've got a slew of amazing stones vinyl...I try not to go back on Ebay as the temptation is pretty high!

Rocks Off is my ALL-TIME #1 Stones' song, period!

I, too, have weaned off the eBay thing after too many years!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: October 20, 2013 05:17

Not too rare, but I have England's Newest Hitmakers in orignal shrink wrap with the price tag $5.89. It is on Ebay along with some other original LPs, like Between the Buttons in shrink, and Bright Lights Big City, Stones cover blues greats. Ebay name is Volklski. Can't get photos posted here.

Date: October 20, 2013 07:37

stonesstein
treaclefingers

What do you consider your most valuable, or rare piece?

I think for me it's the Heart of Stone 45 and picture sleeve. Although the Winning Ugly set with picture sleeve, 45 and 12" is pretty rare as well.

I have most of the original UK DECCA's in Mono and Stereo...love those, but varying degrees of rareness and value.

Date: October 20, 2013 16:43

treaclefingers

I think for me it's the Heart of Stone 45 and picture sleeve. Although the Winning Ugly set with picture sleeve, 45 and 12" is pretty rare as well.

I have most of the original UK DECCA's in Mono and Stereo...love those, but varying degrees of rareness and value.

Probably some unique acetates with unreleased tracks and/or unreleased versions of tracks we know. Beyond that, a stock copy of Stoned is up there, as well as some test pressings, and a Street Fighter US sleeve.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 20, 2013 17:11

stonesstein
treaclefingers

Probably some unique acetates with unreleased tracks and/or unreleased versions of tracks we know. Beyond that, a stock copy of Stoned is up there, as well as some test pressings, and a Street Fighter US sleeve.

A Street Fighter US sleeve eh? Quit being coy, show's us da goods if you actually gots dem.

Date: October 20, 2013 17:55

Here is a pic of one, though not mine, as I am loath to put it and other rare collectibles up in too good of a quality, because people will "steal" the images to make pirates thereof. Some folks know how to overlay watermarx, but I am not that smart, yet.

Here is a pic of someone's Street Fighter:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 20, 2013 18:00

stonesstein
Here is a pic of one, though not mine, as I am loath to put it and other rare collectibles up in too good of a quality, because people will "steal" the images to make pirates thereof. Some folks know how to overlay watermarx, but I am not that smart, yet.

Here is a pic of someone's Street Fighter:

It looks more like a painting...nice to have that hanging on the wall!

I don't think you need worry, there already fakes on the market but the choice is yours.

Very nice to have that in your collection...

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: October 20, 2013 19:15

treaclefingers
[...]

stonesstein
Probably some unique acetates with unreleased tracks [...]

Attention all girls and boys, watch the red light warning flash. (Haven't we heard that bird before?).

stonesstein
[...] and/or unreleased versions of tracks we know. [...]

Acetate noise has fooled many a man.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 22:54

stonesstein
treaclefingers

I can't help it .
It's staring me in the face daily .

My name is Dan and I'm addict .

Date: October 21, 2013 07:37

I'm an addict too. Maybe we should start a support group and call it Rock and Roll Fanatics Anonymous.cool smiley

Date: October 21, 2013 13:01

This is the support group.

Now..., Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl!

Date: October 21, 2013 13:19

Okay let's talk rare! A year or two ago I bought a Greek multi-color 45 from StonesRelics. Have you seen any of those? They're crazy rare. I wouldn't be able to afford a Stones title in excellent condition, this one I got for $50 because it has a serious scratch across the whole song. That's ok because later I was lucky enough to find a Badfinger title in so-called mint condition and it plays like shit. The seller said most of those singles have been sitting in a warehouse since they were pressed and never were known for great quality. They are beautiful though. Unless you hold them up to light you think they're black.

Date: October 21, 2013 13:21

frankotero
Okay let's talk rare! A year or two ago I bought a Greek multi-color 45 from StonesRelics. Have you seen any of those? They're crazy rare. I wouldn't be able to afford a Stones title in excellent condition, this one I got for $50 because it has a serious scratch across the whole song. That's ok because later I was lucky enough to find a Badfinger title in so-called mint condition and it plays like shit. The seller said most of those singles have been sitting in a warehouse since they were pressed and never were known for great quality. They are beautiful though. Unless you hold them up to light you think they're black.

No I haven't, at least not in person. What is the single? Do you have a pic of it? Is it a bootleg, or an authorized copy?

Date: October 21, 2013 13:55

It's official and super rare. You're probably tired of hearing "I don't know how to post pictures" but that's me. Maybe it's possible to google it. They're all the same multi-color record with different labels depending on the group. My copy is Ruby Tuesday/Let's Spend The Night Together. If you can get one of these I highly recommend it, they're beautiful.

Date: October 21, 2013 13:57

Just did a search and found this. Enjoy. [collectorsfrenzy.com]

Date: October 21, 2013 14:36

frankotero
Just did a search and found this. Enjoy. [collectorsfrenzy.com]

Wow...very cool. I didn't know they had any official coloured vinyl in the 60s.

I had thought the first was the French Picture disc from 1970...I have it and thought I posted it awhile ago but don't see it, so perhaps I need to?!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home