Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: February 17, 2013 04:09

Yeah treacle.....there are some here that i'm sure know way more about it then me, but my brother is a collector of these and even some of the counterfeits are collectable....Lots of different pressings with different back covers and song lineups, different front covers with "George's shadow" visible or not..different labels that u can tell if its real or a fake...unbelievable.

Here is a pretty complete guide to all the different versions and ways to tell the counterfeits.

[www.eskimo.com]

very interesting reading!

Undercover1

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 18, 2013 09:25

Undercover1
Yeah treacle.....there are some here that i'm sure know way more about it then me, but my brother is a collector of these and even some of the counterfeits are collectable....Lots of different pressings with different back covers and song lineups, different front covers with "George's shadow" visible or not..different labels that u can tell if its real or a fake...unbelievable.

Here is a pretty complete guide to all the different versions and ways to tell the counterfeits.

[www.eskimo.com]

very interesting reading!

Undercover1

Yes, that was interesting reading...I can see the attraction of trying to find that great original release and not buying a counterfeit by accident. I know I've done that more than a couple of times in my stones vinyl acquisitions!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 25, 2013 14:12

Here are some pics of the records from the Brussels affair box. Side 6 is etched.

Date: March 12, 2013 03:45

The Brussels Affair package is a truly gorgeous set that I unfortunately and rather sadly could not justify...thanks for sharing that Stefaan.

In other news...do you remember way back when, when the band hated each other, instead of slagging each other in the media or in hardcover, they'd simply opt for physical violence? I still love the story about Charlie punching Mick.

Here we have something to honour those more simple days past...I call this, If You Won't Bite Me, Somebody Will:

This is the promo only 45 EP for Love You Live, white label with picture sleeve. A very cool item in exceptional condition. I also have two copies of the Picture Disc, but I`ve been told these are in fact bootlegs, as they never did an official picture disc release of this...I don`t know if that`s true or not, anyone else knows, please feel free to mention it!

Date: March 12, 2013 18:15

Yes, the picture disc is bootleg, there is no official release of the pic disc.

Date: March 13, 2013 05:05

steffiestones
Yes, the picture disc is bootleg, there is no official release of the pic disc.

Thanks Stefaan...it looks cool but I do prefer the official releases.

Date: April 18, 2013 16:59

Time to re-open this thread!
The first 4 singles demonstration sample with the big 'A', took me years to find this combination.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 17:00 by steffiestones.

Date: April 18, 2013 17:08

steffiestones
Time to re-open this thread!
The first 4 singles demonstration sample with the big 'A', took me years to find this combination.

Gorgeous...what kind of condition are they in? What do you reckon they are worth individually? (not asking what you paid for, that would be a bit nosy!)

Date: April 18, 2013 17:28

condition of this 4 are VG++ to EX+
Not fade away is last week sold on ebay for about $700.(in mint condition!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 17:29 by steffiestones.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:26

steffiestones
condition of this 4 are VG++ to EX+
Not fade away is last week sold on ebay for about $700.(in mint condition!)

Wonderful.

And is it fair to say that Come On would be worth more? Can't have been too many demo's that were even pressed, never mind in good condition, or any condition around today.

Date: April 18, 2013 21:12

Come is more valuable than Not fade away i guess, not fade away is also difficult to find.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 01:32

I'm extremely jealous !! angry smiley

Date: April 20, 2013 01:31

Japanese twins!

Near mint heavy weight vinyl, pressed in 1971...no scratches, no scuffs. Just picked this up at a record fair on Sunday. Bargained it down from $50 to $35...not sure if this is a good deal or not...I'd never heard of it before.

WHAT it is specifically, is a combination pack consisting of the UK versions of Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass) & Through The Past Darkly. Red Labels in NM condition, on the London label.

The interesting part of this though is the weird packaging. White plastic case with white button snaps. Very unique and very dated looking.

Does anyone else have this or heard of this?

It's missing the OBI, so that's too bad. Also, the inserts with the lyrics...the glue is detaching so also too bad about that.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:14

I have that LP treacle , sans OBI also .

Date: April 20, 2013 11:26

$35 is a very good deal even without obi.
I'v seen this copy sold for more than $100!

Date: April 20, 2013 15:41

steffiestones
$35 is a very good deal even without obi.
I'v seen this copy sold for more than $100!

Yes, I thought that $35 seemed more than fair. The condition of the vinyl is stellar and the packaging itself has no damage. Quite a unique piece!

Date: April 21, 2013 15:39

In honour of Record Store Day yesterday, NME published a list of what it feels are the rarest records of all time. A couple of Rolling Stones entries, a bit of unwelcomed nudity, and Madonna...er...well, you'll see:

[www.nme.com]

Where the hell is Beast of Burden and Street Fighting Man? Some list!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:36

Not rare probably, bought this yesterday for 5€. But saw it on ebay for 30-40$. ??? German pressing or something like that

Date: June 8, 2013 19:56

Harm
Not rare probably, bought this yesterday for 5€. But saw it on ebay for 30-40$. ??? German pressing or something like that

I think there's probably a difference between the terms rare and valuable here.

It's undoubtedly rare as in there simply cannot be too many of these around. Hang on to it as you may see it go up in value (I'd certainly have bought it for that price Harm!).

I noticed that vinyl is getting a WAY bigger section in my local record stores/HMV in Toronto.

I even see vinyl records in some drug stores, unbelievable really!

Date: June 12, 2013 20:00

Is this a promo LP ? thanks

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:37

steffiestones
Here are some pics of the records from the Brussels affair box. Side 6 is etched.

Some enterprising soul needs to bottleg this vinyl package..........and SOON!!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:10

boston2006

You have an answer at the end of this page:
[www.stonesondecca.com]

Best

Date: June 12, 2013 22:23

Ricky
boston2006

You have an answer at the end of this page:
[www.stonesondecca.com]

Best

That is my understanding of this variation as well...I believe I've read it was for export market, Germany(?), early 70s.

I have a GYYYO version of this, with Mick Taylor autograph!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 13, 2013 00:02

I have MFSL Sticky Fingers and Some Girls still sealed.
The most sought after album I have is IORR with incorrect labels. It has both as side A.
Misprint yes. One of a kind yes. Have I ever seen another NO.
There is nothing on one side only one side has grooves.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:01

treaclefingers

That is my understanding of this variation as well...I believe I've read it was for export market, Germany(?), early 70s.

I have a GYYYO version of this, with Mick Taylor autograph!

...or an export for the european market, early 70s.
Ask Jan Richardsson (http://www.stonesondecca.com/index.html)

Date: June 13, 2013 01:02

Christopher
I have MFSL Sticky Fingers and Some Girls still sealed.
The most sought after album I have is IORR with incorrect labels. It has both as side A.
Misprint yes. One of a kind yes. Have I ever seen another NO.
There is nothing on one side only one side has grooves.

Your MFSL's are worth a pretty penny I think I have 3 Sticky MFSLs, all great condition, but all open. I think I've seen them range from $50-100 on EBAY in that state. I don't think I've seen a sealed one come up ever, but I haven't been checking in years. Boston 2006'll know.

Sadly, I don't have Some Girls MFSL.

I don't need to tell you to NEVER open them!

Date: June 13, 2013 01:08

Anyone have the 1964-69 Vinyl Box Set from 2010...holy moly good investment if you got it!

The cheapest I've seen it anywhere online is $580, but they're all from Japan and I suspect they may be fakes. For ones that seem legitimate, I've seen them for $800-$1300.

I think I make more money on my vinyl than I've ever made on stocks.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:12

treaclefingers

The cheapest I've seen it anywhere online is $580, but they're all from Japan and I suspect they may be fakes. For ones that seem legitimate, I've seen them for $800-$1300.

Why do you think that? I don't think the bootleg labels find it profitable to produce a copy of a box set as big as this one... but I don't know.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:40

Ricky
treaclefingers

Why do you think that? I don't think the bootleg labels find it profitable to produce a copy of a box set as big as this one... but I don't know.

Well I say that simply because of how much they're selling them for, and also how many of them being sold are emanating from Japan. It just seems a bit suspicious. Also, all the ones from Japan happen to be the cheapest.

I recall when Beatles MONO CD box came out in 2009, all of a sudden there was all sorts of supply from Japan and Korea, selling for $80 range, when the actual legit box was selling for over $200 everywhere else. There were all sorts of warnings about them online, and how you could tell they were fakes.

At any rate, as I say I'm just a bit suspicious of them, don't know for sure.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:50

treacle: as I said before: I don't have any info about this question, but I think is easy to make a bootleg copy of a CD box, and not so easy to do the same with a vinyl box.
If so many copies are emanating from Japan, well... that make me also be a bit suspicious...
On the other side, I read somewhere that the bootleg Mono CD Box was made in Korea and China, not Japan. Not sure !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home