Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 13, 2011 01:31

I have SuperHeavy for one week now. On vinyl. The sound is really good. One can hear it was recorded in a proper studio.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:44

At least, you should stimulate nocomment to continue to publish the correct lyrics of the songs!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 13, 2011 12:15

Hello!

Does the vinyl have the extra tracks as well?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 13, 2011 17:00

marquess

No. Only 12 tracks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2011 23:11

Rolling Hansie
marquess

No. Only 12 tracks.

This question is for PURE GEEKS...I've ordered the vinyl from Amazon, due to arrive next week. It had always been displayed as the orange cover for the vinyl.

NOW, today, I see it as the black version of the cover, and the flip side confirms only 12 songs.

WHATTUP? Does anyone have the vinyl, and does it have an orange or black cover?

thx!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 14, 2011 00:11

What I have is a gatefold sleeve, with the orange front and a black backside.

Date: October 14, 2011 00:16

barbabang

What I have is a gatefold sleeve, with the orange front and a black backside.

I think I may throwup a little, if it turns out that the orange front version is like a 'limited first pressing' or some just nonsense.

Thanks for the info, now I'm waiting with baited breath to find out what my vinyl version will look like!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:28

OT but funny
Mick Jagger swamped by fans on trip to Peru
The Rolling Stones frontman could be forgiven for thinking he had stepped back in time to his youthful pomp when he was mobbed by adoring fans during a family visit to Cuzco
The 68-year-old rock legend landed at the Velasco Astete airport in his private jet with heavy security, accompanied by his girlfriend L'Wren Scott and his 12-year-old son Lucas Maurice.
Before heading to his hotel, Jagger made a quick tour around the city and visited a textile shop in an Incan museum, where he was greeted by some 150 fans who gathered outside the store to catch a glimpse of their idol.
"We saw him passing by, I am very thrilled. I've been a fan of his for my whole life, I love Mick Jagger," said one fan.
The British singer is expected to visit the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu after spending a couple of days in Puerto Maldonado and in the capital Lima, where he met briefly with President Ollanta Humala and the first lady Nadine Heredia.
In Puerto Maldonado, Jagger stayed at the Tambopata National Reserve and was named as an honorary ambassador for tourism in the Madre de Dios region of the Amazon to help promote and preserve the area's environment.
watch the video [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: October 14, 2011 21:52

So the cd of superheavy is brilliant,JAGGER IS THE STAR,playing on all the tracks,as long as jagger is alive he will make music with the stones or without,i love his solo music,just listen to ONE DAY & ONE NIGHT what a great song.
JAGGER CAN BE BLUES,ROCK OR REGGAGE JUST BRILLIANT,let KEITH write another book and write some more rubbish on jagger.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 14, 2011 21:57

kish_stoned
So the cd of superheavy is brilliant,JAGGER IS THE STAR,playing on all the tracks,as long as jagger is alive he will make music with the stones or without,i love his solo music,just listen to ONE DAY & ONE NIGHT what a great song.
JAGGER CAN BE BLUES,ROCK OR REGGAGE JUST BRILLIANT,let KEITH write another book and write some more rubbish on jagger.

Shezboss?

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 22:28

SuperHeavy Video Collection, hope you like it

[www.iorr.org]

Date: October 15, 2011 18:48

Review: 'SuperHeavy' Moves Like Jagger, With Good Reason
By Chris Willman at TheWrap
How you feel about Mick Jagger’s new "band," SuperHeavy, will depend on how much natural fondness you have not just for Mick but for mutts.
Supergroups don't get any more mongrel-like. Ex-Eurythmic Dave Stewart assembled the team, which also includes soul belter Joss Stone, reggae toaster Damian Marley, and Indian film composer A.R. Rahman. “Pick one from categories A, B, C, D and E” was the operative motif; It’s more chemistry experiment than organic hybrid, to be sure.
Cynics will suppose that a combination platter like this has an obligation to be quintuply good to live up to the participants’ combined reps. That’s not going to happen, but if non-stop genre-crossing just for the sake of it sounds like your idea of a good time – and why shouldn’t it? -- “SuperHeavy” is a light feast of good fun.
Jagger and Stone have a strong musical rapport, the four-decade age difference notwithstanding. Jagger has a history of success interacting with female singers – think Merry Clayton on “Gimme Shelter,” on forward through live and recorded pairings with everyone from Tina Turner to Sheryl Crow to Christina Aguilera – and, as an album-length foil, Stone knows just when to support or overpower him.
You might think of “SuperHeavy” as a duets album that just happens to be interrupted on a regular basis by Marley's spoken-word interpolations. Of course, Jagger has a rich history with reggae, too, so there’s a certain nostalgic inevitability to hearing him interact with Bob Marley’s kid instead of Jimmy Cliff.
The clear standout is “Energy,” which lives up to its name with an insanely propulsive synth riff, motor-mouthed Marley rant, and instantly catchy Jagger/Stone chorus. (Presumably that’s Mick doing the terrific harmonica solo, too.) If “Energy” had been the advance single, instead of the laconic reggae exercise “Miracle Worker,” the album would almost certainly have more advance buzz.
Among the reggae numbers, “Beautiful People” is a bigger winner than “Miracle Worker,” with Stone cooing sweetly alongside Jagger, instead of trying to out-wail him, on the record’s most gorgeous hook.
Less successful: The opening number, with the ultra-eponymous title of “SuperHeavy,” has Marley giving a sort of mission statement for the group, as if he were introducing the Avengers or some other superhero collective. When Stone sings they’re going to “take no prisoners/You’ve got no choice/And it’s none of your business,” it comes off as a little too proud for an outfit that really doesn’t seem to have any designs on touring, much less world domination. And when the otherwise invisible Rahman enters the song's fray with some wordless murmuring, you sense the token effort to randomly squeeze him in.
These are the pluses and minuses of a democratic collaboration with multiple front-people: It’s like the weather, in that if you don’t like what any one participant is doing at any given time, wait a few seconds and it’ll change. The variety's nice, even if sometimes you wish a song would settle in longer with one singer or another. Jagger does get one song-length lead vocal, and a good one, on the ballad “Never Gonna Change,” which not coincidentally is the album’s only truly Stonesy and/or acoustically based track.

Given how rarely Rolling Stones albums come along – and how predictable they can be when they do – it’s a kick just to hear him engaged in playtime with someone besides his old mates after all these years. “SuperHeavy” is hardly an album for the ages, but in the moment, it beats being resigned to Maroon 5’s tribute track for our Mick-move needs.
[www.reuters.com]

Date: October 15, 2011 18:55

proudmary
Review: 'SuperHeavy' Moves Like Jagger, With Good Reason
, so there’s a certain nostalgic inevitability to hearing him interact with Bob Marley’s kid instead of Jimmy Cliff.

I'm thinking he meant Peter Tosh? If so, a little sloppy.

Date: October 15, 2011 19:01

Stone601
SuperHeavy Video Collection, hope you like it

[www.iorr.org]

Cool collection, Stone601. Thanks!

Date: October 15, 2011 19:05

proudmary
OT but funny
Mick Jagger swamped by fans on trip to Peru

watch the video [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Why does it always reign on me? Mick Jagger made ambassador for the Amazon rainforest

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 15, 2011 19:42

"It’s more chemistry experiment than organic hybrid, to be sure."...

hmmm. where have i heard this before?

Date: October 15, 2011 20:31

Natlanta
"It’s more chemistry experiment than organic hybrid, to be sure."...

hmmm. where have i heard this before?

From the fine folks at Nissan? moody smiley

Date: October 16, 2011 19:53

SuperHeavy
Sun is shining and the leaves are falling from the trees! It's a beautiful day and we can't think of a nicer way to start it off than pouring some coffee and listening to some laid back Sunday tunes!
[www.facebook.com]

Wtf it's supposed to mean? where the next single? and generally what's going on with SH?

Date: October 16, 2011 19:58

There's supposed to be a music video for "Energy" but I haven't heard anything of late. Very peculiar. Not sure what they're waiting for since the album could use a boost right about now.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 16, 2011 20:08

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 16, 2011 20:10

WilliamPatrickMaynard
There's supposed to be a music video for "Energy" but I haven't heard anything of late. Very peculiar. Not sure what they're waiting for since the album could use a boost right about now.

There will be to do some coordinations with Some Girls (Universal/Eagle) and the upcoming Black Eyed Peas (Universal) ...

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 16, 2011 20:46

So this thing is still going on? I thought it was over with! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 16, 2011 23:06

WilliamPatrickMaynard

Maybe Mick decided to wait for Richards' solo album and release SH2 simultaneously with it

Date: October 17, 2011 05:33

Don't know that Mick wants to do another SuperHeavy. Although the track with will i. am and J-Lo seems to be following the same model. In any event, even with the sales of his book and even if Johnny Depp actually finishes his documentary (which I'm not sure if he can given his work schedule), I can't imagine Keith having TALK IS CHEAP sales again. MAIN OFFENDER sales at best. Keith falls into the category of a superstar whose solo work translates into cult appeal only. For all the abuse Mick takes on these boards, most of his contemporaries would give their eyeteeth to have Mick's sales.

Date: October 17, 2011 05:45

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Don't know that Mick wants to do another SuperHeavy. Although the track with will i. am and J-Lo seems to be following the same model. In any event, even with the sales of his book and even if Johnny Depp actually finishes his documentary (which I'm not sure if he can given his work schedule), I can't imagine Keith having TALK IS CHEAP sales again. MAIN OFFENDER sales at best. Keith falls into the category of a superstar whose solo work translates into cult appeal only. For all the abuse Mick takes on these boards, most of his contemporaries would give their eyeteeth to have Mick's sales.

well put...even a proven successful solo artist, like Sting, is touring small 1000-2000 seat venues, at very reasonable prices (ie 60 bucks for not bad seats). I think the economy is at play with shows though. If people are camping out on wall street to protest, prolly less likely to camp out in line for tickets to a show.

Date: October 17, 2011 19:08

SuperHeavy
wow what a crazy 10 days just back from Devon UK with Joss , Mick just back from S.America A.R, In India and Damian Jamaica and Miami,now we are re-fueled and ready to work on Energy !
[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 17, 2011 20:25

Good to hear. I like this track much more than "Miracle Worker."

Posted by: thefan ()
Date: October 18, 2011 19:29

After reading a lot here over the past weeks, I'd like to contribute some information some might find interesting:

The SuperHeavy Japan CD includes the standard booklet and comes in the deluxe edition's gatefold sleeve but in addition it's got an inner sleeve for the CD (with the SH pattern on both sides and a silky paper cover inside to protect the SHM-CD even more) and it is the only edition with a second booklet, including the lyrics!

The bonus track (acoustic version of Never Gonna Change) is very nice, just Dave Stewart on the guitar and Mick singing, sounds like an outtake from the Alfie soundtrack.

Regarding the LP - I have not actually seen (neither on photo nor in real) a copy with a black cover, I consider the pictures in some online shops as a mistake for now.

I'm very curious about the upcoming (re)mix(es) of Energy by Dave and others, I love the song and hope they push it as a single with a remix EP and a great video soon. I haven't seen nor heard any yet.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 18, 2011 19:41

Time for it to hit the £2.99 sale bins

More supershit than superheavy

Date: October 19, 2011 11:15

HBO is getting ready to move with Jagger.

Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter's 1970s Rock 'n' Roll Drama Gaining Heat at HBO
The project centers on the exploits of a cocaine-fueled record executive in New York City, when punk, disco and hip-hop collided.
The premium cable network is very hot on a script that ??Boardwalk Empire's Terence Winter has turned in for an untitled 1970s rock 'n' roll project in development, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. In addition to Winter, the potential series has a string of bold face names attached, including Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger?, who met with HBO executives to discuss the project over lunch at Craft earlier this month.
The hourlong drama project follows the exploits of a cocaine-fueled record executive in New York City circa 1977, when punk, disco and a new form of music called hip-hop collided.
??Boardwalk Empire's Winter is attached to executive produce and write the pilot, with his Emmy-winning Boardwalk director Scorsese attached to executive produce and direct the pilot.
The Rolling Stones frontman, who initially conceived the idea as a film project, first at Disney and then at Paramount, will also executive produce. His producing partner Victoria Pearman as well as Scorsese's manager Rick Yorn are attached as EPs.
The project will serve as a reunion for Scorsese, Jagger and Pearman, who collaborated on the 2008 documentary Shine a Light.
The news comes as Showtime is developing a 1970s-set music industry project of its own. The latter, titled Vinyl, explores multiple aspects of the music business, from the perspective of record executives and rock stars to drug pushers and prostitutes.
Scorsese is repped by WME, while Winter, Jagger and Pearman are repped by CAA.
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-19 11:16 by proudmary.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home