Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 10, 2012 15:56

Icons: Dave Stewart
By Paul Zollo January 9th, 2012

[www.americansongwriter.com]

"....On working with Jagger: “People say, ‘Dave, you’ve written a few songs with Mick.’ I say we’ve written about fifty! Mick only makes a solo album once every ten years or so. But as writers we never stop writing.” To illustrate this point, he asks his assistant Ned to play “Time Drags On,” which is essential Jagger – soulful, visceral and with a greatly tuneful chorus bolstered by a female choir. It sounds like the finished master of Mick’s next hit, yet here it’s just yet another secret treasure waiting for release.
It used to be you might write 47 songs,” he says, “but only have room for twelve on an album. Then you tour for three years before you do another one. So what do you do with all those songs? Now it’s becoming a world where I can do it all. I can create a cloud and put every song on it, every film, every track. I told Mick he should do ‘Hey You, Get Into My Cloud.’” [Laughs]

so may be when this Stones 50 anniversary will be over, and Jagger/ Richards ways will separate once and for all, there is hope for a new solo album by Mick Jagger?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 10, 2012 16:01

what did keith do last year

Date: January 10, 2012 16:01

proudmary
Icons: Dave Stewart
By Paul Zollo January 9th, 2012

[www.americansongwriter.com]

"....On working with Jagger: “People say, ‘Dave, you’ve written a few songs with Mick.’ I say we’ve written about fifty! Mick only makes a solo album once every ten years or so. But as writers we never stop writing.” To illustrate this point, he asks his assistant Ned to play “Time Drags On,” which is essential Jagger – soulful, visceral and with a greatly tuneful chorus bolstered by a female choir. It sounds like the finished master of Mick’s next hit, yet here it’s just yet another secret treasure waiting for release.
It used to be you might write 47 songs,” he says, “but only have room for twelve on an album. Then you tour for three years before you do another one. So what do you do with all those songs? Now it’s becoming a world where I can do it all. I can create a cloud and put every song on it, every film, every track. I told Mick he should do ‘Hey You, Get Into My Cloud.’” [Laughs]

so may be when this Stones 50 anniversary will be over, and Jagger/ Richards ways will separate once and for all, there is hope for a new solo album by Mick Jagger?

LOL! smileys with beer

Date: January 10, 2012 16:14

DandelionPowderman

LOL! smileys with beer[/quote]

I don't really understand what do you mean, DP

AS is a serious professional mag, the author of the article said that he heard a good Jagger song, maybe there are few more in store - one can assume that Mick has enough material for a decent album. Certainly not right now, though

Date: January 10, 2012 16:20

proudmary
DandelionPowderman

LOL! smileys with beer

I don't really understand what do you mean, DP

AS is a serious professional mag, the author of the article said that he heard a good Jagger song, maybe there are few more in store - one can assume that Mick has enough material for a decent album. Certainly not right now, though[/quote]

Yeah, but the line you added ("will separate once and for all" ) comes from your imagination, not AS smiling smiley

I would have loved a MJ-album myself, but I don't think 2012 would be the right time for that.

First things first!

And why would they separate "once and for all" after 2012? They've just been in the studio jamming together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-10 16:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 10, 2012 16:34

Yeah, but the line you added ("will separate once and for all" ) comes from your imagination, not AS

This is not imagination it's speculation - our common occupation on this forum.
I also said that 2012 or even 2013 isn't right time for Jagger solo

"jamming together" is a small exaggeration. they were there only for one day. I really do not think that they will work together after the anniversary. I'm not even sure that they will work together during the celebrations.

Date: January 10, 2012 16:38

proudmary
Yeah, but the line you added ("will separate once and for all" ) comes from your imagination, not AS

This is not imagination it's speculation - our common occupation on this forum.
I also said that 2012 or even 2013 isn't right time for Jagger solo

"jamming together" is a small exaggeration. they were there only for one day. I really do not think that they will work together after the anniversary. I'm not even sure that they will work together during the celebrations.

Why is that, and why do you say that they didn't jam together, when we have people here at this board who know that for a fact?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 10, 2012 16:49

proudmary

It would be not the first time in the Stones' long career that business matters get in the way of the creative side of things.

For example, they easily could have written and recorded a full length album of new songs in 2002 but stopped after having finished just the 4 they needed for the "40 Licks" compilation.

At least, they are robbing their own forthcoming solo releases for good songs for the next Stones album instead of vice versa.

Date: January 21, 2012 11:21

SuperHeavy
Recording "Energy" Vocals
SuperHeavy Facebook Episode 1
[www.facebook.com]

Wow, Joss, what a voice!

Date: January 21, 2012 11:42

kish_stoned
superheavy cd is brilliant,give a spin STONES FANS don't know what they are missing,everything JAGGER does is put down by so called fans,i would rather buy the official release then go out and buy bootleg with bad recording.ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL SO ENJOY.

i keep reading these same comments as to why stones fans don't like SUPERHEAVY:

"you just don't like reggae"
"you are bitter there isn't new stones music"
"you never gave it a chance"

guess what i own every peter tosh album and think he's a genius and SUPERHEAVY has at the most 4 good songs

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: January 21, 2012 16:00

Really enjoyed the interview,thanks for posting drinking smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 12, 2012 12:32

I've heard this hindi pop song somewhere on SuperHeavy.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:05

So, after 1 500 posts on 50 pages and 75 000 views: Can we all agree that SuperHeavy was an ambitious, starstudded but not very successful tryout that left a very feeble mark in the history of popular music?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:30

Superheavy left a mark in the history of pop music? Maybe with disappearing ink.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:51

Stoneage
So, after 1 500 posts on 50 pages and 75 000 views: Can we all agree that SuperHeavy was an ambitious, starstudded but not very successful tryout that left a very feeble mark in the history of popular music?
Yes.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 12, 2012 20:56

Haven't we all filed this shit fest away as best forgotten yet ?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 12, 2012 21:05

Most of us: yes.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 12, 2012 21:08

Erik_Snow

if we could air-brush mick out of it somehow, i'd rank it as at least worth an occasional listen.

Date: February 12, 2012 21:19

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

if we could air-brush mick out of it somehow, i'd rank it as at least worth an occasional listen.

I also have a trouble with Marley's "singing", but maybe that's just me

BTW, I kinda think about this project as Jagger and Stewart's inferiority complex over not being a part of Travelling Wilburys back then. When trying to do a modern remake on this, they forgot about loselessness and humour that is needed, and didn't have the capability of writing good songs and lyrics either. Which was the case with Notting Hillbillies in the 90s as well. Allthough NH had great musicians, so it could never fail to *such* an extent.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 12, 2012 21:24

In my opinion, SuperHeavy is the best thing Mick Jagger has done outside the Stones. Everyone I've played it for loves it, Stones and non-Stones fans.

Date: February 12, 2012 21:29

Hound Dog
In my opinion, SuperHeavy is the best thing Mick Jagger has done outside the Stones. Everyone I've played it for loves it

all two of them?

Date: February 12, 2012 21:52

I like this love festival! Just a sight for sore eyes.
And what a nice people have gathered here! andy js - this poster has said that he was going to boo Jagger during the next tour, Erik_Snow called me SICKO for the fact that I like the Bigger Bang or Jagger's solo albums.
By the way, your hero Richards said in one of his Life promo interviews( to German newspaper) that he likes the SH music and that he respects the musicians with whom Mick worked on this project.
I'm not interested in his opinion - but still it's nice to know that he is smarter than his fans.

Date: February 12, 2012 21:55

Hound Dog
In my opinion, SuperHeavy is the best thing Mick Jagger has done outside the Stones. Everyone I've played it for loves it, Stones and non-Stones fans.

I'm not sure it's the best thing Mick did but I like it very much and hope that the SH project will be continued

Date: February 12, 2012 21:58

SuperHeavy
Dave and Damian working on "Miracle Worker" in Miami with AR singing live from Chennai in India.
watch the video [www.facebook.com]

Date: February 12, 2012 21:59

proudmary
Erik_Snow called me SICKO for the fact that I like the Bigger Bang or Jagger's solo albums.

So you can just twist around anything and post it on IORR you think? That's a lie, and you know it. I called you a sicko for calling another poster hysterical and....what you called me, I can't remember. ABB or Jagger solo albums wasn't in the discussion at all. Nor anybody's opinion either. If there's anybody hystorical here....

Again, you go to show that you will go on and on and on about something that's not even correct to begin with, untill you believe it yourself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-12 22:01 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 12, 2012 22:00

proudmary
I like this love festival! Just a sight for sore eyes.
And what a nice people have gathered here! andy js - this poster has said that he was going to boo Jagger during the next tour, Erik_Snow called me SICKO for the fact that I like the Bigger Bang or Jagger's solo albums.
By the way, your hero Richards said in one of his Life promo interviews( to German newspaper) that he likes the SH music and that he respects the musicians with whom Mick worked on this project.
I'm not interested in his opinion - but still it's nice to know that he is smarter than his fans.

keith is a very,very stupid man. all true stones fans know this.

Date: February 12, 2012 22:06

For the moment that's my fav SH song

Date: February 12, 2012 22:07

Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow called me SICKO for the fact that I like the Bigger Bang or Jagger's solo albums.

So you can just twist around anything and post it on IORR you think? That's a lie, and you know it. I called you a sicko for calling another poster hysterical and....what you called me, I can't remember. ABB or Jagger solo albums wasn't in the discussion at all. Nor anybody's opinion either. If there's anybody hystorical here....

Again, you go to show that you will go on and on and on about something that's not even correct to begin with, untill you believe it yourself.

Do not be stupid - I know it's hard - I can find your post and publish it here. But I'm too lazy.
Come take your medicine. I'm afraid you're again foaming at the mouth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-12 22:15 by proudmary.

Date: February 12, 2012 22:10

if erik didn't call you a sicko for liking ABB, can I please have the honors?

Date: February 12, 2012 22:16

StonesTod
if erik didn't call you a sicko for liking ABB, can I please have the honors?

You're always welcome, Tod

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home