Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 26, 2011 23:07

Some austrian SuperHeavy TV-spots:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-26 23:08 by HighwireC.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 27, 2011 00:24

SuperHeavy: ESPN's featured music for October
sports.espn.go.com
Take a look and a listen at the music being featured on ESPN programs in October.
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: thefan ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:26

Here's the first picture of the promo CD of the second radio single "Energy":

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

I guess the price is gonna end in insane hights.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 27, 2011 02:31

U.S chart this week:

88 (178) 5 wks SUPERHEAVY SUPERHEAVY 4,528 +54% 2,946 37,184

It looks like the Amazon deal worked very well, but it's up to $9.99 again so I expect the album to fall out like stone again.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 27, 2011 04:17

georgelicks
U.S chart this week:

88 (178) 5 wks SUPERHEAVY SUPERHEAVY 4,528 +54% 2,946 37,184

It looks like the Amazon deal worked very well, but it's up to $9.99 again so I expect the album to fall out like stone again.

was surprised to see that both joss's LP1 and dave's blackbird diaries, both of
which received great reviews, and both released just before SH and benefiting from
its hype, both failed to make the top 200.

both did better in england surely?

tom waits reviews are uber-great. wonder how it will do.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:28

here's something quite bizarre, excerpted from today's Gulf (of arabia) News...

its like somebody planted this story just to tease NoComment...

Dubai Fashion Week's Simon Lock

Who's the man behind Dubai Fashion Week? It's Simon Lock... actually

Published: 09:00 October 27, 2011

Favourite film of all time? Love Actually, I can recite the lines!
Favourite movie snack? A choctop, it’s an Aussie thing
First record you ever bought? Daydream Believer by The Monkees
Last song downloaded? New Heaven by Damian Marley and Mick Jagger
Favourite band? The Rolling Stones
Song to be played at your funeral? While My Guitar Gently Weeps, The Beatles

can find no other reference to any such mick damian song. why would he make up such a thing?
wish wish wish it was true. would restore hope. and damian does have a new album
coming out.

[gulfnews.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 14:12 by nocomment.

Date: October 27, 2011 13:37

First Picture Of Superheavy Energy UK Promo CD

Energy is now officially the next single to be promoted in the UK from the Superheavy debut album. We know from Dave Stewart‘s tweets that a new mix is being made as well.
This 2 track UK cd features the full length version and the radio edit of Energy.

[www.eurythmics.me.uk]

Posted by: thefan ()
Date: October 28, 2011 00:17

BTW, actually the second single was "SuperHeavy" by SuperHeavy - at least in the US:

[itunes.apple.com]

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:04

thefan
BTW, actually the second single was "SuperHeavy" by SuperHeavy - at least in the US:

[itunes.apple.com]

BTW, being that is only on I-tunes could that actually be considered a single when you could easily ONLY download Track 01 from the SuperHeavy debut???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:27

nick
thefan

[itunes.apple.com]

BTW, being that is only on I-tunes could that actually be considered a single when you could easily ONLY download Track 01 from the SuperHeavy debut???

yeah but, then it's not the single, it's track 1.

Date: October 28, 2011 07:21

But it is a download, any song could be a single. Those little jpg's embedded in the mp3 that pop up in your player couldn't possibly be anything tangible such as a CD.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 28, 2011 18:51

All this bashing about Dave Stewart...
here is a great live performance of Karma from
his own CD w. Joss Stone on German TV.
Listen to his guitar.

Date: October 29, 2011 16:04

nick
But it is a download, any song could be a single. Those little jpg's embedded in the mp3 that pop up in your player couldn't possibly be anything tangible such as a CD.

Sorry, I was being completely sarcastic!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:45

It's far from shocking that this cd isn't selling in the United States. With the exception of Jagger none of the others are really well known in the here.

Jagger has a much better shot at commercial success with Will I and Jlo on their new single "Hard"

Date: October 29, 2011 18:31

treaclefingers
Sorry, I was being completely sarcastic!

No need to be sorry. I'm being sarcastic too. It's just funny that the SuperHeavy single is no different than the Track01. I'm actually wondering out loud if a completeist would consider that to be a single and download it just to get a jpg image that says SuperHeavy. I've never really been a fan of singles unless the track is longer than the album (which is usually the opposite) or it includes extra tracks.

Date: November 17, 2011 12:44

proudmary
HBO is getting ready to move with Jagger.

Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter's 1970s Rock 'n' Roll Drama Gaining Heat at HBO
The project centers on the exploits of a cocaine-fueled record executive in New York City, when punk, disco and hip-hop collided.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

I think it is the development of this story

Initially announced back in October, though we missed it, Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger are teaming up to produce a yet-untitled 1970s rock 'n' roll drama series for HBO.

Terence Winter (??Boardwalk Empire) has penned a script that THR says HBO is "very hot on," which Jagger originally conceived as a feature film project, not a cable TV series.

This morning, we have an official synopsis of the upcoming new series (though it's not terribly different from what was revealed previously); and I can also tell you that there are a few roles (series regulars, recurring and guest starring) in it for black actors. When you read the storyline, you'll understand partly why that is.

First, the official synopsis, which follows:

It's circa 1977 in an economically ravaged New York City. Richie Finestra is the cocaine-fueled head of A&R at American Century Music. A time when the disco music of Studio 54 competed with the punk rock of CBGB's and a new form of music called "hip hop" was on the horizon.

Regarding casting of black actors... what I know currently is that they're looking for an actor to play a young (19 year old) GrandMaster Flash, though that won't be a series regular role.

Of the series regulars, a search is underway for a character named "Lester" (aka "Little Jimmy Little"), a mid-40s black man, and former singer, who is now a limo driver - I'm guessing Richie Finestra's.

Of the recurring parts, there's a character named "Top Cat," 30-year-old black man who dresses in "pimp regalia" and works the door at a club in the South Bronx; and finally "Cece" - the 22-year-old "gorgeous assistant" to Richie Finestra, described as "smart and no-nonsense."

Other than the 4 I just mentioned, there isn't a lot else of significance for black actors; although that could certainly change, because this is just in preparation for the pilot episode. If reactions to the pilot are strong, and HBO orders a full season of the series, there could be more black faces added over time - especially given the contents of synopsis: Late 70s, New York City, disco Rock & Roll, hip-hop...! Need I say more... this baby should feature a sea of browness.
[blogs.indiewire.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 12:45 by proudmary.

Date: November 17, 2011 12:54

Another film project of Mick. It seems to me he has something to do next year but to go on tour with the Stones (or SuperHeavy on that matter)

Film News

While music industry insiders and fans wait to see if the Rolling Stones will exploit their 50th anniversary with a massive farewell tour in 2012, Mick Jagger seems to be gearing up for another stab at what is clearly his other artistic love: filmmaking.
Jagger is reportedly starting production on "Tabloid," a feature film he will not only produce, but also star in. Inspired by the recent phone-tapping scandal that erupted earlier this year in Britain, the movie is clearly based on media mogul Rupert Murdoch.

Jagger's commitment to "Tabloid" reflects a growing trend by rock icons -- Mark Wahlberg, Justine Timberlake and Madonna among them -- not only intent on exploring another creative outlet but determined to replace the lost revenue streams that evaporated from the financially plagued music industry.

While Jagger has kept the details of "Tabloid" under wraps, he conceived the idea of a film about a sleazy media executive whose quest for sensational headlines corrupts an idealistic young journalist after reading about the Murdoch scandal.

Jagger has already recruited Oscar-nominated screenwriter Josh Olson ("A History of Violence") to deliver the screenplay, and is putting up his own money to get the project off the ground.

[www.variety.com]

Date: November 21, 2011 12:14

in the absence of news about SH here's OT article
L'Wren Scott: 'I've never met a woman who thinks she's got a good enough figure'
Designer first, Mick Jagger's girlfriend second, the former model and stylist L'Wren Scott has truly conquered the fashion world.
BY JUSTINE PICARDIE | 13 NOVEMBER 2011

L'Wren Scott's London studio is hidden away like a secret; which is notable in an industry that tends towards blazoning its presence with logos and billboards. There is no sign of her name anywhere in the King's Road building where she works, a few streets away from the Chelsea townhouse she shares with her beau, Mick Jagger, so an assistant must be dispatched to reception to guide visitors upstairs to the right entrance. This turns out to have a red no-entry sign on it, and is marked door not in use.
[fashion.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: November 22, 2011 23:25

SuperHeavy On World Cafe
Listen Now
[www.npr.org]

November 22, 2011
SuperHeavy's credentials don't read much like those of most new bands. Its members boast 11 Grammy Awards between them, legendary parents, record sales in the millions and multiple Academy Awards for film scoring. And, on top of that, the band's existence was kept a secret until May 2011.

This is a supergroup in every sense of the word — a large-scale collaboration featuring Mick Jagger, The Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, soul singer Joss Stone, reggae star Damian Marley and composer A.R. Rahman. Self-described as a "reggae fusion" outfit, SuperHeavy assembles an intriguing medley of genres. Indian and Jamaican rhythms flirt with electronica and blues in "One Day One Night," while "Energy" features Marley rapping over a pumping beat, not unlike those that drove Rahman's soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire. The band's worldly feel is no accident; SuperHeavy's core concept was to get a group of musicians with different backgrounds in a studio and see what might come out of it.

Hear the result of this cultural and musical collaboration when the band visits World Cafe for an interview and performance, hosted by WXPN's Michaela Majoun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-23 09:07 by proudmary.

Date: November 23, 2011 03:12

No wonder Jagger wasn't too committed to the promotion of this (it was only released 2 months ago!), given what is going on behind the scenes in Stonesworld.

Too bad, as this is actually quite a good album.

Date: December 19, 2011 23:08

Art of noise
The Post's pop critic picks the year's 10 best albums. By DAN AQUILANTE

5. SUPERHEAVY, “SuperHeavy”: Flying in supergroup formation, Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, A.R. Rahman, Damian Marley, and Brit soul chick Joss Stone turn in a brilliant collaborative effort that results in stylistic mash-ups of reggae-inflected pop-rock, as well as round-robin vocal turns. Jagger lays down his best performance in more than a decade. He gives major satisfaction, sounding dangerous and degenerate again. And the record also lends Marley the proper platform to claim his father’s crown as today’s king of reggae.

and

SuperHeavy
Rolling Stone: SuperHeavy Record is at #34 in their Best 50 albums of the year
[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 20, 2011 00:34

proudmary
Art of noise
The Post's pop critic picks the year's 10 best albums. By DAN AQUILANTE

5. SUPERHEAVY, “SuperHeavy”: Flying in supergroup formation, Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, A.R. Rahman, Damian Marley, and Brit soul chick Joss Stone turn in a brilliant collaborative effort that results in stylistic mash-ups of reggae-inflected pop-rock, as well as round-robin vocal turns. Jagger lays down his best performance in more than a decade. He gives major satisfaction, sounding dangerous and degenerate again. And the record also lends Marley the proper platform to claim his father’s crown as today’s king of reggae.

and

SuperHeavy
Rolling Stone: SuperHeavy Record is at #34 in their Best 50 albums of the year
[www.facebook.com]

Not that I required validation, but nice to hear....thanks PM!

I bet Mick would have given up the critical acclaim to have had a runaway monster selling album though!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: December 20, 2011 06:07

...gonna check out Feb. 9th at The Troubadour in Los Angeles

[www.ticketfly.com]

Date: December 20, 2011 06:17

donnarq1

[www.ticketfly.com]

wow...Joss & Dave for only $25 bucks (with Special Guest Mick Jagger - ok, an extreme outside chance/hope)? I would definitely be there...if I lived there!

Date: December 20, 2011 15:21

treaclefingers
donnarq1

[www.ticketfly.com]

wow...Joss & Dave for only $25 bucks (with Special Guest Mick Jagger - ok, an extreme outside chance/hope)? I would definitely be there...if I lived there!

Do you think there is such a chance?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 20, 2011 16:18

$25?

Parking will cost more than the show.

Date: December 20, 2011 22:30

proudmary
treaclefingers
donnarq1

[www.ticketfly.com]

Do you think there is such a chance?

I would spend the $25 as an 'insurance policy' just in case he actually was!
BUT, I wouln't travel cross-borders to do it...I I lived in LA, I would be there for sure.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 20, 2011 22:41

So, after 1 437 posts on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 22:53 by Stoneage.

Date: December 20, 2011 22:45

Stoneage
So, after 1 437 post on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I nominate this for 'Thread of the Year!'

Date: December 20, 2011 22:57

Stoneage
So, after 1 437 posts on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I think the answer is obvious - very much so

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home