Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 20, 2011 23:50

proudmary
Stoneage
So, after 1 437 posts on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I think the answer is obvious - very much so
I wouldn't call 2 members doing 1 show still on. Their is a 50 year anniversary to be dealt with.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2011 04:16

sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Stoneage
So, after 1 437 posts on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I think the answer is obvious - very much so
I wouldn't call 2 members doing 1 show still on. Their is a 50 year anniversary to be dealt with.

What if it was 'held over' for a second night though?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 21, 2011 22:49

treaclefingers
Stoneage
So, after 1 437 post on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I nominate this for 'Thread of the Year!'

It's nice. Thanks, man))

Date: December 22, 2011 01:05

proudmary
treaclefingers
Stoneage
So, after 1 437 post on 48 pages: Is SuperHeavy still on?

I nominate this for 'Thread of the Year!'

It's nice. Thanks, man))

You deserve it...you managed this thread very well, and it is obviously a runaway success...better perhaps even then the actual sales performance from the band.

Still can't get over how poorly it did, given how good it was.

Date: December 30, 2011 10:40

Rolling Stone' 50 best albums of 2011

34 SuperHeavy, 'SuperHeavy'

SuperHeavy's debut finds Mick Jagger in excellent company – including reggae heir Damian Marley, R&B siren Joss Stone and Indian composer A.R. Rahman – and surrounded by a whirlpool of electro-funk, Jamaican dancehall and Bollywood glitz. Think of this not as a side project, but as a huge, freewheeling party.

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

The Original RS Review
By Will Hermes
September 20, 2011
At this point, it would seem that Mick Jagger's only burden is having to be Mick Jagger all the time. The terrifically fun SuperHeavy solves that problem. Jagger passes frontman duties around like a spliff, with a spectacularly motley crew: reggae royalty Damian Marley, son of Bob; New Wave survivor Dave Stewart; also-ran U.K. soul diva Joss Stone; and Bollywood singer and composer A.R. Rahman. Imagine an awards-show-scale revue on the floor of the U.N. General Assembly with musical direction by M.I.A., and you've got some idea of the glitzy craziness here. On "Satyameva Jayathe," Jagger and Rahman trade Hindi verses over Celtic-Indian fiddle. On "Energy," a U2-style synth-pop jam with a leadoff by Marley, Jagger raps – raps! – and sounds positively hot-wired. On "One Day One Night," Jagger comes on like a broken hearted drunk in a Bukowski novel, smearing vocal vibrato all over. If the songs sometimes feel a bit undercooked, the spirit is dazzling. On "I Can’t Take It No More," Stone yells, "Whatthe @#$%& is going on?" which pretty much sums the album up. That song – where Jagger shouts, "I can’t fake it no more!"- may or may not be an answer to Keith's shit-talking memoir. One thing's for sure: SuperHeavy is the wildest thing he's ever done outside of the Stones.

Date: December 30, 2011 10:47

Musical tweets 2011
Twitter-size reviews (140 characters or less!) of the best songs of 2011

3 “MIRACLE WORKER,” SuperHeavy Jagger! Joss! Damian! Supergroup is an understatement.

Read more: [www.nypost.com]

Date: December 30, 2011 10:50

Super Heavy Stones
BY RAOUL HERNANDEZ

Finally, over the break, I caught up to that which kept Mick Jagger busy this year: Super Heavy, his super group with Damian Marley, Joss Stone, and Eurythmics production wizard Dave Stewart. Ingeniously deployed on this radio MTV soundsystem of Jamaican bomp, Jagger's powerhouse choruses cue up his best vocal work in a decade. Given over to his own ballads (the aptly-titled “Never Gonna Change”), Jagger stagnates, but team play on “Unbelievable” yields singing that measures up to “Too Much Blood” from 1983 Stones LP Undercover.
If Jagger put an ounce of Super Heavy into the Rolling Stones finally getting it together next year to mark the band's golden anniversary, 2012 might have something going for it.

[www.austinchronicle.com]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:51

mmm but it isnt exactly The Travelling Wilburys...I still think Alfie the album is much better...

2 1 2 0

Date: December 30, 2011 11:01

Come On
mmm but it isnt exactly The Travelling Wilburys...I still think Alfie the album is much better...

Nothing wrong with Alfie I like it Ok but I much prefer SH. There're more good songs and I really enjoy the festive, upbeat, crazy atmosphere about it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:02

Party Party ! smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: December 30, 2011 15:47

i thought super heavy was pretty good, better than anything keith did last year...

Date: December 30, 2011 16:21

proudmary
Super Heavy Stones
BY RAOUL HERNANDEZ

Finally, over the break, I caught up to that which kept Mick Jagger busy this year: Super Heavy, his super group with Damian Marley, Joss Stone, and Eurythmics production wizard Dave Stewart. Ingeniously deployed on this radio MTV soundsystem of Jamaican bomp, Jagger's powerhouse choruses cue up his best vocal work in a decade. Given over to his own ballads (the aptly-titled “Never Gonna Change”), Jagger stagnates, but team play on “Unbelievable” yields singing that measures up to “Too Much Blood” from 1983 Stones LP Undercover.
If Jagger put an ounce of Super Heavy into the Rolling Stones finally getting it together next year to mark the band's golden anniversary, 2012 might have something going for it.

[www.austinchronicle.com]

Good one...thanks PM!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 30, 2011 16:50

Superheavy is great. Still loving it.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 30, 2011 18:15

it's being re-released in January under its original title

Dogshit

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 30, 2011 18:32

proudmary

RS sinking to new lows?

Date: December 30, 2011 18:49

SH's album cover is a rip off. Couldn't they have come up with something original? Then again, the whole album is rubbish. I guess it doesn't matter.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 30, 2011 18:52

dcba
proudmary

RS sinking to new lows?

and I thought by the laws of physics that would not be possible, they were as low as the scale goes

Date: December 30, 2011 19:11

Wow,Super Heavy cracked the top 40. Isn't that impressive. All that talent and yet their was still 33 better albums just this year alone.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 19:12 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 30, 2011 22:45

I still like it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 1, 2012 18:51

what did keith do last year music wise

Date: January 1, 2012 20:24

LA people have begun to recognise me now: AR Rahman
What about Hollywood? How has the film industry there taken to him shifting base there? Has he been accepted?
"Yes. I have a whole new bunch of friends now - musician friends and director friends - all kinds of people. And I have new neighbours - Jewish neighbours. I live in a very kind Jewish community - all very nice people. Sometimes I give them passes and they come and watch my show. Earlier it was all Danny Boyle, and Jai Ho, but now, I am recognized," he laughs shyly, as he continues, "I think the performance with Mick Jagger and the band - Super Heavy - changed things a lot. It made a difference. Now, people come up and say, 'Hey, I saw you performing with Mick Jagger,' or 'You were the one with Mick Jagger, right?'"

[timesofindia.indiatimes.com]

Date: January 2, 2012 01:28

Rolling Hansie
I still like it

Yes me too...wonderful to be able to have that, the Some Girls deluxe songs, Brussels, Texas and the Ron Wood solo all in the same year.

2011 was an amazingly good Stones year, for all the negativity that seemed to be espoused around here at times!

Date: January 2, 2012 03:28

GOO
what did keith do last year music wise
He was busy not making crappy music.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 2, 2012 05:53

I really enjoyed SuperHeavy, but Keith topped it big time with Hell Broke Luce on Tom Waits album. Best performance by a Stone in 2011

Date: January 2, 2012 06:48

doubledoor
I really enjoyed SuperHeavy, but Keith topped it big time with Hell Broke Luce on Tom Waits album. Best performance by a Stone in 2011

Thanks for the tip...I have yet to listen to that! smileys with beer

Date: January 2, 2012 10:48

doubledoor

I'd say the best performance by a Stone and the Stones is Do You Think I Really Care

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 2, 2012 10:58

treaclefingers
2011 was an amazingly good Stones year

Absolutely. And 2012 might even get better

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 2, 2012 11:06

treaclefingers
Rolling Hansie
I still like it

Yes me too...wonderful to be able to have that, the Some Girls deluxe songs, Brussels, Texas and the Ron Wood solo all in the same year.

2011 was an amazingly good Stones year, for all the negativity that seemed to be espoused around here at times!

I agree fullhearted with you two. Don't forget we got Boogie 4 Stu too. And of course Keith
giving a hand to Tom Waits. Ronnie's solo effort was from 2010, but there was a great reunion
with Mac and Kenney, and Ron meeting Mick and Dick Taylor was a highlight too.
It seemed one of the most productive years since 2005.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: January 2, 2012 11:38

and dont forget T.H.E., back in the Top 100 by virtue of the power of
dick clark's new years rocking eve.

plus oprah wore l'wren for her final show.

plus one of the daughters was naked in a magazine, i think.

quite a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-02 11:38 by superrevvy.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 2, 2012 11:57

superheavy cd is brilliant,give a spin STONES FANS don't know what they are missing,everything JAGGER does is put down by so called fans,i would rather buy the official release then go out and buy bootleg with bad recording.ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL SO ENJOY.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home