Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:13

kowalski

Nice pic...even though he's the oldest, he still looks like the one with the most energy!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:19

at least Dave has the same shoes as Jesus had

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:19

treaclefingers
Nice pic...even though he's the oldest, he still looks like the one with the most energy!

I think you are right. He probably IS the one with the most energy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 30, 2011 18:21

treaclefingers
whaddya wanna see, beatle boots?

Like these ?

-------------------

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:28

Stone601
toomuchforme

We need music. Jagg and Keef will give us some stuff soon. Perfect.
Are you sure ? I have some doubts that this happens very soon

separately yes together no. That's it

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:48

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:50

toomuchforme
Stone601
toomuchforme

We need music. Jagg and Keef will give us some stuff soon. Perfect.
Are you sure ? I have some doubts that this happens very soon

separately yes together no. That's it

I hope in the 2012 new material of RSeye rolling smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 30, 2011 19:13

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
FoolToCry
a little teaser....
"miracle worker"

That's just awful.confused smiley

Can't see what's so awful about it. I agreee with DandelionPowderman it sounds promising.
It just sounds like a mess. Sounds like theee different styles of music all going in different directions.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 30, 2011 19:21

agreed mate. smells like week old vomit

Date: June 30, 2011 19:27

do not judge with this shitty audio quality. It has some Marley in it smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Corcovado ()
Date: June 30, 2011 19:32

Superheavy aint no premature dementia - it is the dementia itself.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 30, 2011 19:34

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
whaddya wanna see, beatle boots?

Like these ?

Rolling hansie are those boots also called "Shelsea boots". I used to play in a rock and roll band called 3TimeLoser (I know what a name!) we were into pubrock music and once we drove to London looking for Shelsea boots to buy.That was 25 years ago . . .
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: June 30, 2011 19:37

rollmops
are those boots also called "Shelsea boots".

I really have no idea. Maybe one of our English friends might answer that question.

-------------------

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 30, 2011 20:06

toomuchforme
do not judge with this shitty audio quality. It has some Marley in it smiling bouncing smiley
So,??? its good because someone from the Marley family is in it??
Bullshit, absolute bullshit.
It has no f... quality.
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 20:12

Have listened to the latest "teaser" from "Super Heavy"!
Well it's really super heavy because this song isn't even hovering
one inch over the floor! It's just crap and the old Peter Tosh song "Walk and don't look back" is far better than this

So get out of that Mick, head over to Keith's place and ask him to if he wants to do something good again!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: June 30, 2011 20:17

corriecas
toomuchforme
So,??? its good because someone from the Marley family is in it??
Bullshit, absolute bullshit.
It has no f... quality.
bye
jeroen
Yeah,their are a lot of Marley's running around. Not all of them good.moody smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 30, 2011 20:48

Sounds promising.

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: June 30, 2011 21:15

FoolToCry
a little teaser....
"miracle worker"

I really liked it! Can't wait to hear the whole album.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2011 21:49

I liked it from what I've heard so far. The response from people who cant get beyond anything Stones related which doesnt have guitar riffs isnt surprising though.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 30, 2011 21:56

kowalski
proudmary
Super Heavy - Reversed track from teaser video
Just reversed the audio to get the actual audio being played in the video. And there you go, a hidden song smiling smiley
[soundcloud.com]

Well done Proudmary! This one looks promising too...

Thanks. I quite like it, honestly. I mean I prefer tracks where Mick's voice is more prominent

Date: June 30, 2011 22:01

Gazza
I liked it from what I've heard so far. The response from people who cant get beyond anything Stones related which doesnt have guitar riffs isnt surprising though.
I can get past something without a guitar riff. I can't get past something that appears to wander aimlessly without direction or focus. But like everybody else I'm just going off of a 30 second clip.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2011 22:05

I wouldnt totally dismiss anything based on 30 seconds. From what I've heard, it sounds like it could be pretty decent. Even the 8 second clip Voodoo posted on RO earlier of one of the other tracks (with Mick singing) made me want to hear more.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 30, 2011 22:55

proudmary
Super Heavy - Reversed track from teaser video
Just reversed the audio to get the actual audio being played in the video. And there you go, a hidden song smiling smiley
[soundcloud.com]

nice catch, but i was sort of hoping for some spooky bogus message about Annie Lennox.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 1, 2011 04:00

andy js
agreed mate. smells like week old vomit

And my advice to you is to wipe it up next time RIGHT AFTER you do it.

Date: July 1, 2011 06:08

Rapping reggae is just not a genre I'm eager to listen to.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 1, 2011 20:10

Mick Jagger's New Group SuperHeavy Unveils Music
[www.billboard.com]

Details about the Mick Jagger-Dave Stewart supergroup SuperHeavy have been released slowly and the first public introduction of the music was almost as cagey. Jagger, Stewart, soul singer Joss Stone, reggae artist Damian Marley and film composer A.R. Rahman gathered to speak about the making of the album after about half of it was played -- no song titles provided -- Thursday (June 30) afternoon at the Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles. Their chat emphasized the unique nature of the project and the random way in which the music, a multi-cultural free-for-all at the start, came together.
They entered the studio with "ideas, a few guitar riffs and a few snippets of lyrics," Jagger told the small group assembled to hear the tracks. "It's not my usual sort of way of working. You always want to leave some room for improvisation, but you need to have something, some songs, when you walk into the studio.
"It evolved very quickly. We sat around with our little pads (writing). We did do a lot of jams but it's all coherent and arranged. We just wrote them quickly."
"I wasn't really familiar with everyone else's music before," Marley added, "but you observe how they work. It was a great experience."
Stewart received gasps of amazement and then rolls of laughter when he said they recorded 29 songs in 10 days. "Some are an hour and 10 minutes long, some songs are 42 minutes long," he said. It total, he guessed there was more than 35 hours of music recorded, from which he and his engineer found the highlights that would work as the roots of songs. "We re-convened and then sort of made it into a shape and in the last year it fell into place," he said.
One of the seven tracks played Thursday was the first single "Miracle Worker," a video for which was shot Wednesday. While most of the tracks played mix and match elements from multiple cultures -- Indian film music, reggae, blues, soul music and a dose of "Sister Morphine" -- "Miracle Worker" is a straight reggae tune. (The album's concept, from the start, was to see what would happen if a band of musicians from different cultures composed and recorded together.)
"One Day One Night" has the strongest collage construction, a mix of electronic beats, Indian and Jamaican rhythms and the blues with Jagger singing about the life of a run-down man -- the cheap motel, the fuzzy picture on the TV set and the warm vodka. "You're Never Gonna Change" is the most Rolling Stones-like song of the batch, a tense acoustic-guitar-driven number sung with a street-smart swagger by Jagger. "Energy," with Marley rapping the verses, is an upbeat "Slumdog Millionaire"-style dance track and the track "SuperHeavy," too, has a distinct Indian flavor in the beats and, toward its conclusion, a cinematic string section.
Other, less obviously named cuts included a ballad sung by Stone and fascinating blend of a dub bass line and strings to create a compelling pop song. Jagger said the selections chosen are representative of the album.
"It's powerful," Stewart said after noting how he got the idea for SuperHeavy from hearing various sounds from off in the distance while in Jamaica. "I love musicians from all over the world, but never liked the term 'world music.' That sounds like people knitting with yogurt."
After the event Stone said in a separate interview that they would wait to see the reaction to the album after it is released Sept. 20 before determining a next step for the band. Stone intends to tour the U.S. in early 2012 in support of her upcoming "LP1" and "by then, fingers crossed, if the world likes SuperHeavy, we'll do some shows."

Date: July 1, 2011 20:14

Of course you see Mick is in white and blue and not in black like others... A light

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2011 20:29

July 7 and we will have the first single "Miracle Worker" - one week from now. I am looking forward. Who knows, maybe a Number 1 hit!!!
If that's the case - Keith will go up the roof yawning smiley)

Date: July 1, 2011 20:33

29 songs in 10 days is quite impressive. I wonder how they did : did everyone come with own songs almost finished ? co writing ? when ? How
Still some interesting answers to come

[www.hensonrecording.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2011 20:48

Fan Since 1964
Have listened to the latest "teaser" from "Super Heavy"!
Well it's really super heavy because this song isn't even hovering
one inch over the floor! It's just crap and the old Peter Tosh song "Walk and don't look back" is far better than this

So get out of that Mick, head over to Keith's place and ask him to if he wants to do something good again!
I guess Mick got sick and tired of Nearness of You / This Place is Empty etc. - songs that are so slow that's a sleeper. They could just as well sing a Lullaby..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home