Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 29, 2011 09:59

Still too early to say, cant hear Mick at all.
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 29, 2011 16:40

...really?...you can't hear Mick in chorus back up vox?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 29, 2011 17:20

Even if Mick is "just" a part I am looking forward to this very much - probably the fact that he was working in a team is actually an advantage grinning smiley

btw, I can hear Mick fine - very prominent in the back up vox.

Date: June 29, 2011 18:29

his voice is very thin. ofcourse i can hear him!!!!
expected more
byeeee
jeroen

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 29, 2011 19:56

from SuperHeavy Facebook

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:43

corriecas

corriecas

HUH ??????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:44

proudmary
from SuperHeavy Facebook

[www.facebook.com]

Cool thumbs up

Date: June 29, 2011 20:45

Very cool picture again

-------------------

Date: June 29, 2011 20:47

Rockman
Dave Stewart looks like Ringo

Indeed, he does.

-------------------

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:42

Gazza

I'm the opposite. The more I read about it, the more I'm thinking it sounds pretty good. The last thing Mick should be doing as a non-Stones project is making something that sounds like...The Rolling Stones.

Your other post mentioned that Jagger 'seems to stick with whats safe'. I cant see whats so 'safe' about this. Its TOTALLY unlike anything he's ever done before.

Take Stewart out of the equation, and I'd be more excited....in his words, it sounds like a mess.
Seems harsh, I know..but its because I root for Mick and want him to kick ass the way only he can....and Stewart, to me, is much of Primitive Cool, Alfie etc....overproduced, slick and just boring. (with the exception of "Blind Leading the Blind.....)
My bias against Stewart is as irrational as my bias against Don Was: in that I find them to be too safe. I think that's a fair criticism.
This idea, 'wow, lets make a song that's reggae, blues, Indian, and soul....'
Again, coming from Stewart....it sounds pretentious.
But I'll be the first to reverse my original thought and say I was wrong if it is good. I was one of those who ranted about Jagger "adding" vocals to Exile.....
I raved like a lunatic ad nauseum and when PMS was released, I loved it, consider it the best thing Jagger has done since SG....
The little snippet is not bad...so we'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 03:47 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 30, 2011 05:12

FoolToCry
a little teaser....
"miracle worker"

That's just awful.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: winos ()
Date: June 30, 2011 10:23

Gawd those awful Eurythmics - one of the most overrated bands ever!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: June 30, 2011 11:40

sweetcharmedlife
FoolToCry
a little teaser....
"miracle worker"

If you like reggae, this sounds promising, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 11:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 30, 2011 11:53

sweetcharmedlife
FoolToCry
a little teaser....
"miracle worker"

Can't see what's so awful about it. I agreee with DandelionPowderman it sounds promising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 11:54 by proudmary.

Date: June 30, 2011 11:55

Jagger's Urdu song for 'global' group
By Adam Sherwin
[www.independent.co.uk]
Mick Jagger makes his Urdu singing debut on a new album by a "global supergroup" also featuring the soundtrack composer A R Rahman and Jamaican reggae singer Damian Marley.
Other members of the group, called SuperHeavy, are Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics and the British soul singer Joss Stone.
Jagger, 67, said the collaboration was designed to discover whether musicians from different cultural backgrounds could produce a form of "world music" that would still appeal to mainstream Rolling Stones fans.
He contributes an Urdu vocal to one song, written by Rahman, award-winning composer of the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. The song, "Satyameva Jayate", translates as "the truth alone triumphs". Jagger said: "He [Rahman] came in really late at night, really pleased saying, 'I've got my song!' I manage one line in Urdu, only one."
The group recorded 26 songs at sessions in the South of France, Turkey, Chennai in India, Miami and the Caribbean.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: June 30, 2011 12:02

from the frenchies [www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Mick Jagger et ses quatre acolytes dont on entend parler depuis quelques semaines maintenant ont baptisé leur "supergroupe" SuperHeavy.

Outre le leader des Rolling Stones, SuperHeavy est composé de Dave Stewart (Eurythmics), de la chanteuse soul Joss Stone, du reaggeman Damian Marley et du compositeur indien A.R. Rahman, qui a notamment créé la musique de "Slumdog Millionaire".

Le groupe, que Dave Stewart décrit comme "l'expérience d'un savant fou", enregistre depuis plusieurs mois dans des studios un peu partout dans le monde.

Un premier extrait "Miracle Worker" sera diffusé en radio et mis en vente sur internet à partir du 7 juillet. Le premier album de SuperHeavy paraîtra le 19 septembre, chez AZ, qui avait déjà ressortis les rééditions les albums de la période Rolling Stones Records en 2009 et 2010 (source: AFP).

that mean:

Mick Jagger and his four accomplices about whom we hear for some weeks now baptized their "supergroup" SuperHeavy.

Besides the leader of the Rolling Stones, SuperHeavy consists of Dave Stewart ( Eurythmics), the soul singer Joss Stone, the reaggeman Damian Marley and the Indian composer postes acknowledgement. Rahman, which(who) created in particular the music of "Slumdog Millionaire".

The group, which Dave Stewart describes " as the experience(experiment) of a learned madman ", registers(records) for several months in studios almost everywhere in the world.

First one extracts "Miracle Worker" will be spread(broadcasted) in radio and put on sale on internet from July 7th. The first album of SuperHeavy will appear on September 19th, at AZ, which had already rereleased republications the albums of period Rolling Stones Records in 2009 and 2010 (source(spring): AFP).

François

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2011 14:15

a single will be out july 7th

I am happy with this supergroup. Jagger is in top form. He cannot stay on the beach doing nothing and that's what I like.
We need music. Jagg and Keef will give us some stuff soon. Perfect.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: June 30, 2011 14:48

Super Heavy - Reversed track from teaser video
Just reversed the audio to get the actual audio being played in the video. And there you go, a hidden song smiling smiley
[soundcloud.com]

Date: June 30, 2011 14:56

Joss Stone Talks 'LP1,' Staying Positive after Murder/Kidnap Attempt
by Gary Graff, Detroit

Joss Stone has started her own label, recorded a new album and is working in the most talked-about supergroup of the year. Not bad for someone who was nearly the victim of a robbery and murder plot earlier this month.
And, for starters, Stone can't say much about the latter. "I would love to tell you about it, but I've been told not to, for obvious reasons," the singer tells Billboard.com. Police in England arrested two men on June 13 near Stone's home in Cullompton, Mid Devon, who had plans to rob and kill her.
Nevertheless, she assures us that, "I'm fine... It's weird. People are interesting in their heads but...now I have a perfect excuse to get three really cute little puppies that are going to grow up to be really big, cuddly dogs who will protect me, so I'm actually excited and I have to send (the accused) a thank-you letter."
Stone's attitude is just as, if not more, positive about "LP1," the Dave Stewart co-produced set which is due out July 26 and marks the first release on her own Stone'd Records imprint, through Surfdog Records. "It's really cool, because I just make music and then I put it out and give it to the world," says Stone, who started Stone'd upon parting ways with EMI/Virgin. "I can just do what I do now, do what's fun, and I won't do what's not fun, which is so nice. There's no man there in a suit telling me that I'm crap" -- which Stone says was the case with 2009's "Colour Me Free!" -- "which is also nice. ('LP1') is about the whole new life that I'm living right now. It's like a celebration of leaving the situation that I was in before and being free now."
Stone says the 10-track "LP1," which she recorded with Stewart and a group of all-star players at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, is an example of the spontaneity she now hopes to pursue with her career.
"I was traveling in Europe in my van with my dogs, and I went to Spain to help clean my friend's boat," she recalls. "Then Dave called me, randomly, and was like, 'Joss, I've got a really fun idea...Why don't we go to Nashville for six days and just play around with this really cool band that I worked with on (his new solo album, 'The Blackbird Diaries'). They're around and available this week, and I thought it would be fun just to go there and...make an album or whatever you want.' So I did. I went there two days later with...one song and we went there and recorded 16 songs and had a really good laugh and a chuckle and played around like little children, and when I came home I had an album. It was really crazy and really fun."

Stone isn't sure yet what will become of the additional songs she recorded during the sessions, and she has some European live dates booked for late July. She hopes to line up more shows to support "LP1," but she's also in set-up mode for the September release of an album by Super Heavy, the Stewart-organized band that also includes Mick Jagger, Academy Award-winning Indian film composer A.R. Rahman and Damian Marley.
"It feels like it was ages ago when we started that," Stone says. "It's quite interesting, because there's all these different dynamics in one room with all of these different people who have different styles and different ideas. It was really fun. I was running around like a little child going, 'This is so fun! I can't believe this!' and they were all looking at me like, 'OK, calm down...' "
Stone says the Super Heavy album has "the weirdest sound...very eclectic. It's like world music, but it's not one style. It's just not normal, but it's a great to listen to." She isn't sure, however, what the group's plans will be once the album comes out.
"I'm waiting for Dave to call me and tell me what to do," Stone says. "I hope there is a tour, but you can imagine how hard it would be to get all of these people in one place at one time with everyone's schedules. Damian's making an album, and I thought I might be doing some acting. God knows what's going to happen, but I would definitely try to make myself available for any tour dates that come up. It would be the experience of a lifetime."

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2011 15:17

proudmary
Just reversed the audio to get the actual audio being played in the video. And there you go, a hidden song smiling smiley
[soundcloud.com]

Well done Proudmary! This one looks promising too...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 30, 2011 15:20

Joss Stones smoking smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2011 15:34

proudmary
[soundcloud.com]

oh no ! the satanic message is revealed

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 30, 2011 16:15

toomuchforme

oh no ! the satanic message is revealed

...at the very least...it wasn't some cryptic message from The Jag to KR...phew...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2011 16:53

two thoughts
1) what will keith think about mick digging reggae
2) the thing about long sessions with songs arising from 30minutes long takes seems so different from the late jagger approach to recording music and to me it could be promising

i am not so fond of reggae so i'm not impressed by the teaser
still the project is interesting and also
at least jagger is trying to put some music out...

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 17:19

toomuchforme

We need music. Jagg and Keef will give us some stuff soon. Perfect.
Are you sure ? I have some doubts that this happens very soon

Date: June 30, 2011 17:25

Rolling Hansie
corriecas

corriecas

HUH ??????

What Huh?? Huh!!!
jeroen

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 30, 2011 17:42

Does it seem, I dunno, WRONG that Stewart is in some kind of sandals in that picture? Sandals just don't mix with rock'n'roll.

Then again, whatever this is, it's probably NOT rock'n'roll is it.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:04

Date: June 30, 2011 18:11

Thanks again for the picture

-------------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:13

DragonSky
Does it seem, I dunno, WRONG that Stewart is in some kind of sandals in that picture? Sandals just don't mix with rock'n'roll.

Then again, whatever this is, it's probably NOT rock'n'roll is it.

whaddya wanna see, beatle boots?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home