Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: July 3, 2011 15:08

On Itunes you can listen to a 30 second snipped of Miracle Worker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-03 15:50 by bart-man.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 3, 2011 15:21

bart-man
On Itunes you can listen to a 30 second snipped o Miracle Worker

Joram..........

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: July 3, 2011 15:51

Ga ff lekker in Gorichem wonen....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 3, 2011 16:11

KRiffhard

...this is the only decent song made with Dave Stewart. The Superheavy snippets are awful.

...in the end this is a fan site that's driven by the love of music. All kinds of music because the Rolling Stones collectively and individually embrace a lot of different kids of music. All you ever post are negative vibes about anything not having to do with your hero....I'd look into that if I were you.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 3, 2011 16:23

Date: July 3, 2011 16:25

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 3, 2011 16:38

Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000
I have the feeling that it will be Marley who steals the show.

Agree, and although he's the worst ! I mean what has he ever done except being Bob Marley's son ?

Won three Grammys a couple of years ago. the guy's done more than OK considering he's only 32.

What musical heights has Jagger achieved as a solo act in recent years?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 3, 2011 18:39

Gazza
Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000

Agree, and although he's the worst ! I mean what has he ever done except being Bob Marley's son ?

Won three Grammys a couple of years ago. the guy's done more than OK considering he's only 32.

a golden globe for 'old habits die hard'...

given that he won that award, i was surprised he wasn't even nomicated for an oscar. (not saying that it would have been deserved, mind you).

Date: July 3, 2011 19:14

I was surprised at that myself at the time. I think everyone was. Its usually a given.

Anyway, point is that the other four members of this project are not exactly nobodies (Rahman especially). Some of them just work in a creative field thats outside what most Stones fans (myself included, in fairness) are familiar with. So, their accomplishements shouldn't be casually dismissed.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 3, 2011 19:16

Gazza
Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000

All due respect Gazza. They give out about 500 Grammys a year. Remember when Jethro Tull won for best Heavy Metal act. That's what the Grammy's are.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 4, 2011 00:29

Rip This
KRiffhard

...this is the only decent song made with Dave Stewart. The Superheavy snippets are awful.

...in the end this is a fan site that's driven by the love of music. All kinds of music because the Rolling Stones collectively and individually embrace a lot of different kids of music. All you ever post are negative vibes about anything not having to do with your hero....I'd look into that if I were you.

...my "hero" (!) have done crappy songs too...imo losing my touch or infamy ar some examples. I have 'negative vibes' only when i listen to useless songs, it's not a question of 'heroes'.

Date: July 4, 2011 06:12

humanriff77
This is an extremely ignorant comment, Damian Marley and Nas recently played a sold out European tour and it would not surprise me if he has sold more records than the Stones in the last 3 or 4 years. His album "Welcome To Jamrock" is one of the best releases of the last 5 years maybe you should turn off classic rock radio for 5 minutes and find out there is a lot going on in the world.

Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000

Yes, I can't see why someone would say that Damon Marley hasn't done 'anything'. In the clips so far I have to say that his vocals have cut through immediately; he is dominant. To me it is Joss Stone who is pretty...predictable. Good, but predictable.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 4, 2011 07:19

Palace Revolution 2000
humanriff77
This is an extremely ignorant comment, Damian Marley and Nas recently played a sold out European tour and it would not surprise me if he has sold more records than the Stones in the last 3 or 4 years. His album "Welcome To Jamrock" is one of the best releases of the last 5 years maybe you should turn off classic rock radio for 5 minutes and find out there is a lot going on in the world.

Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000

Yes, I can't see why someone would say that Damon Marley hasn't done 'anything'. In the clips so far I have to say that his vocals have cut through immediately; he is dominant. To me it is Joss Stone who is pretty...predictable. Good, but predictable.

Not to mention fvckable as all hell....

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 4, 2011 15:17

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
Richards1978
Palace Revolution 2000

All due respect Gazza. They give out about 500 Grammys a year. Remember when Jethro Tull won for best Heavy Metal act. That's what the Grammy's are.

Not quite. 'Best Hard Rock/Metal' it was, although point taken. The guy's still hardly a nobody.

Its a wonder how the Stones ever manage to find anyone to work with, actually - no matter who it is and what their accomplishments are (Was, Stewart, Leavell etc), they're always going to be deemed unworthy of even being in the Stones' presence to some.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 4, 2011 18:10

proudmary

[www.facebook.com]

The best I can say about this guy is... RIDICULOUS!

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 4, 2011 18:54

carlostones10
proudmary

[www.facebook.com]

The best I can say about this guy is... RIDICULOUS!

Oh no, it' HipHopRaggae at it's best, nice vibes, music for young people, and those, who can feel the fire, burning ...

Mick Jagger, Dawe Stewart, Joss Stone, Damian Marley und AR Rahman step up to a new dimension ... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Date: July 4, 2011 21:57

Date: July 5, 2011 20:46

Search for "SuperHeavy Latest Exclusive Song: Miracle Worker [HD]" in Youtube and then click on the description below the Miracle Worker snippet. It takes you to a cool SUPERHEAVY video on FACEBOOK (under Videos Posted by Singapore A R Rahman Fans). My apologies if this has been posted before

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 5, 2011 21:10

Here is more:

[www.facebook.com]

Will be interesting to see how the CD will be received - specially in India where Rahman is huge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-05 21:19 by mtaylor.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: July 5, 2011 21:35

I like it..I like reggae music anyway...plus I'm not going into it looking for the Stones...I have the Stones for that..It will bring Mick and the Stones new fans.I will by the album.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Coming Down Again

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 5, 2011 21:37

Date: July 5, 2011 22:24

mtaylor
Here is more:

[www.facebook.com]

Will be interesting to see how the CD will be received - specially in India where Rahman is huge.

I was most intrigued to hear how Rahman would fit in. The carnatic bit that that he added to this song is excellent. It sounds like an outro in this short clip. There is a "raaga reggae" element to this song that, at least to my ears, is conceptually novel and seems to work surprisingly well in this short clip. I'd love to hear more of this album. This release is slowly promising to be more exciting than I had anticipated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-05 22:36 by wanderingspirit66.

Date: July 5, 2011 22:39

1. Miracle Worker (Chris Lord-Alge Radio Mix)

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 5, 2011 23:37

i am not very fond of reggae, the snippets i've heard of this superheavy stuff dont make me drool and crawl for more,
yet i am really bewildered by the so many narrowminded reactions it has aroused in this forum

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2011 04:11

mtaylor
Here is more:

[www.facebook.com]

Hmmm, didn't love that. Sounded a bit of a mess...I'm hoping it's just a snippet of something that will make more sense in the context of an entire song.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 6, 2011 09:32

Here's a news item on the group in today's Daily Mail (UK).

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 6, 2011 11:27

the snippets sound interesting! I will look forward to the the single - and the album in september. But I also hope to get some news about when SG is published (the estemate was september too, wasn't it?).

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 6, 2011 12:58

Like it! And Mick's really unbelieveable, if you think he's pushing 70 (I'm referring to the video on fb, anyway).

Date: July 6, 2011 21:26

Date: July 7, 2011 10:15

Mick Jagger's SuperHeavy should not be written off just yet

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home