Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: The Fate Of The Rolling Stones Likely To be Decided In Next 12 Months
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 29, 2011 17:49

I have been accused of having insider knowledge in the past. I have always denied this. I speculate on or simply repeat what I read online or hear from others. That notwithstanding, I will state now that if people on this board truly knew who StonesTod was, they would always treat him with the utmost respect. That is all I feel comfortable saying on the matter as I have small children and fear for their safety.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 29, 2011 17:49

well, who forget the infamous 5-year anniversary tour of 1967? or that incredible 10th anniversary tour of america in '72 not to mention the 20th anniversary tour of europe in '82 it's a shame both the 25th ('87) and 30th ('92) tours had to be postponed. so that well-known 40th anniversary world tour (i guess some called it the licks tour for some reason) wasn't the ONLY annivesary tour they did.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 29, 2011 17:57

Stones on stage now at the wedding playing Star Star - singing: "Kate, you're a Star @#$%&, Star @#$%&, SF, SF Yeah"

Date: April 29, 2011 17:58

Rocky Dijon
I will state now that if people on this board truly knew who StonesTod was, they would always treat him with the utmost respect. That is all I feel comfortable saying on the matter as I have small children and fear for their safety.

these small children of yours? if you're not careful, they'll get big...and take everything that's important from you. my advice: keep 'em small as you can as long as you can...and then walk away...slowly....

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 29, 2011 18:46

Licks, as in Licks Tour, is actually from a pre-Sanskrit word, lkx (vowels hadn't been invented yet), meaning "to commemorate" or "to anniverserate".

Date: April 29, 2011 19:04

winter
Licks, as in Licks Tour, is actually from a pre-Sanskrit word, lkx (vowels hadn't been invented yet), meaning "to commemorate" or "to anniverserate".

it's all greek to me

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 13, 2011 06:21

thewatchman
Exactly one year from today (on April 12, 2012, just three months shy of their 50th anniversary) we should (once and for all) know the fate of the Rolling Stones. Are they truly done (as a live act) as some have suggested or will we see them at least one more time? Will they record a new album? Will there be a 2012 50th anniversary tour? Will Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman play any role at all in the recording of a possible new album? Will either of them participate at all in a possible 2012 tour? Can Mick and Keith really ever work together again?

Just curious what you think we will know on this date one year from today?

Yes, I say!

Date: December 13, 2011 06:25

winter

So what was it if it wasn't Sanskrit? What was before Sanskrit and where?

Date: December 13, 2011 06:26

thewatchman
thewatchman
Exactly one year from today (on April 12, 2012, just three months shy of their 50th anniversary) we should (once and for all) know the fate of the Rolling Stones. Are they truly done (as a live act) as some have suggested or will we see them at least one more time? Will they record a new album? Will there be a 2012 50th anniversary tour? Will Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman play any role at all in the recording of a possible new album? Will either of them participate at all in a possible 2012 tour? Can Mick and Keith really ever work together again?

Yes, I say!

That would be April 11, not April 12. You didn't do your math right with that one.

Date: December 13, 2011 06:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
thewatchman

Yes, I say!

That would be April 11, not April 12. You didn't do your math right with that one.

Never was any good at math.

Date: December 14, 2011 06:11

thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele
I don't see why one year should necessarily make any difference. They have nothing to lose by keeping things murky and saying nothing if there is nothing to say.

Seems if they are going to tour in 2012 we should hear at least something by this time next year, shouldn't we?
Then why don't you hold off on starting another will they tour or not thread for a year.

I promise once this thread runs it's course I will not mention another word about a future tour or any future Stones plans until after April 12, 2012. How's that?

Ouch! Sorry for leaving a trail of broken promises. Never said I was perfect. A life full of good intentions must be worth something.

Date: December 14, 2011 06:32

Well here we are somewhere around December 14, 2011. The eve of the big golden anniversary and what do we have?

An informal jam attended by a number of Rolling Stones for a few days. More archival releases. No tour. No plans to record an album. No contract requiring a new studio album. Keith claiming they need to mark the anniversary, but Mick stating he doesn't know how they'll do it and that there are many ways. Keith claiming he'll make another solo album with Steve Jordan (presumably to mark 20 years since they're second and last one to date) and that he has about six tracks completed thus far. Ronnie stating that they don't need to bother with an album, they could tour just on the back catalog.

Yeah, I'm thinking my earlier post on the first page of this thread isn't looking too far off. It would be lovely to be wrong, but I wouldn't start booking hotels just yet.

Date: December 14, 2011 06:42

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Well here we are somewhere around December 14, 2011. The eve of the big golden anniversary and what do we have?

An informal jam attended by a number of Rolling Stones for a few days. More archival releases. No tour. No plans to record an album. No contract requiring a new studio album. Keith claiming they need to mark the anniversary, but Mick stating he doesn't know how they'll do it and that there are many ways. Keith claiming he'll make another solo album with Steve Jordan (presumably to mark 20 years since they're second and last one to date) and that he has about six tracks completed thus far. Ronnie stating that they don't need to bother with an album, they could tour just on the back catalog.

Yeah, I'm thinking my earlier post on the first page of this thread isn't looking too far off. It would be lovely to be wrong, but I wouldn't start booking hotels just yet.

The murkier it gets the more optimistic I become. smoking smiley

Date: December 14, 2011 14:04

thewatchman
WilliamPatrickMaynard

i presume then if they announce a tour, you'll go into a deep depression?

Date: December 14, 2011 14:55

thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele
I don't see why one year should necessarily make any difference. They have nothing to lose by keeping things murky and saying nothing if there is nothing to say.

Seems if they are going to tour in 2012 we should hear at least something by this time next year, shouldn't we?
Then why don't you hold off on starting another will they tour or not thread for a year.

I promise once this thread runs it's course I will not mention another word about a future tour or any future Stones plans until after April 12, 2012. How's that?

Ouch! Sorry for leaving a trail of broken promises. Never said I was perfect. A life full of good intentions must be worth something.

Intentions don't negate actions. It ran its course. For some reason you dragged it back to life. Nobody ever thought you were perfect. Still, with your little deal here, we have a few months to go.

Date: December 14, 2011 14:57

WilliamPatrickMaynard

You left out Mick starting work on a movie and a TV series. That certainly bodes no tour for the Stones.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 14, 2011 19:36

thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

Their's an old saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".hot smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 14, 2011 20:07

Love the DRAMATIC headline of this thread. Watchman is such a drama queen.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 14, 2011 21:01

thewatchman
WilliamPatrickMaynard

great to have the watchman back!!!!!!!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:01

I like the New tracks on 40 Licks

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:03

marquess
I like the New tracks on 40 Licks

Then I shall never solicit your opinion on music. Ever. winking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 15, 2011 02:28

StonesTod
thewatchman
WilliamPatrickMaynard

i presume then if they announce a tour, you'll go into a deep depression?

Yes, at least until the build up to the next tour begins.smoking smiley

Date: December 15, 2011 02:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

Intentions don't negate actions. It ran its course. For some reason you dragged it back to life. Nobody ever thought you were perfect. Still, with your little deal here, we have a few months to go.

The fate of the Rolling Stones is by no means a little deal.

Date: December 15, 2011 02:33

sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

Their's an old saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".hot smiley

That's what I have been told.

Date: December 15, 2011 02:34

stonesrule
Love the DRAMATIC headline of this thread. Watchman is such a drama queen.

Thanks, mate, but you are getting dangerously close to revealing the watchman's identity!smileys with beer

Date: December 15, 2011 02:42

Turner
thewatchman
WilliamPatrickMaynard

great to have the watchman back!!!!!!!

Thanks, mate, no doubt Mick loves the watchman. We are both drama queens.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:25

thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

That's why I said YOUR little deal.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
thewatchman
sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

That's why I said YOUR little deal.

One in the same.smoking smiley

Date: February 24, 2012 22:14

thewatchman

Well, it's less than two months to April 12, 2012 and for all intents and purposes we already have our answer! There shall be life!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:30

April 12, 2012, we will all be awake and searching the news. STONES News. 12.04.12 - is that a sign, OMG, 12.04.12!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home