Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The Fate Of The Rolling Stones Likely To be Decided In Next 12 Months
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:08

Exactly one year from today (on April 12, 2012, just three months shy of their 50th anniversary) we should (once and for all) know the fate of the Rolling Stones. Are they truly done (as a live act) as some have suggested or will we see them at least one more time? Will they record a new album? Will there be a 2012 50th anniversary tour? Will Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman play any role at all in the recording of a possible new album? Will either of them participate at all in a possible 2012 tour? Can Mick and Keith really ever work together again?

Just curious what you think we will know on this date one year from today?

Re: The Fate Of The Rolling Stones Likely To be Decided In Next 12 Months
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:13

I don't see why one year should necessarily make any difference. They have nothing to lose by keeping things murky and saying nothing if there is nothing to say.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:15

they don't do anniversary tours...and i agree with tele - the calendar won't dictate squat

Date: April 12, 2011 20:20

come on! this thread is totally unecessary! WTF?

Date: April 12, 2011 20:23

71Tele
I don't see why one year should necessarily make any difference. They have nothing to lose by keeping things murky and saying nothing if there is nothing to say.

Seems if they are going to tour in 2012 we should hear at least something by this time next year, shouldn't we?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:32

This time next year we'll be recovering from the January 2012 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of "Come On" in June 2013 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

This time two years from now we'll be recovering from the January 2013 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of the first album in April 2014 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

The time three years from now we'll be recovering from the January 2014 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of "Satisfaction" in May 2015 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

Date: April 12, 2011 20:32

stoned in washington dc
come on! this thread is totally unecessary! WTF?

I always thought speculating and predicting the ultimate outcome of something was kind of fun.

Date: April 12, 2011 20:35

StonesTod
they don't do anniversary tours...and i agree with tele - the calendar won't dictate squat

Is it possible they might make an exception for their 50th?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:37

thewatchman
71Tele

Seems if they are going to tour in 2012 we should hear at least something by this time next year, shouldn't we?
Then why don't you hold off on starting another will they tour or not thread for a year.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:37

Rocky Dijon
This time next year we'll be recovering from the January 2012 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of "Come On" in June 2013 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

This time two years from now we'll be recovering from the January 2013 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of the first album in April 2014 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

The time three years from now we'll be recovering from the January 2014 denial of tour plans from Paul Wasserman's office and hanging on for the 50th anniversary of "Satisfaction" in May 2015 with much speculation that Taylor and Wyman will be back for sure. Keith will drop hints about Mick getting antsy and will refuse to confirm whether Jack White will produce, but will say he "likes the kid." He will also mention that another Winos album and tour are likely if Mick doesn't act soon as "you can't put the tiger back in the cage."

thumbs up Perfect.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 12, 2011 20:39

To Rocky Dijon

BRILLIANT!

Done Deal!

Now if you could just throw in some info regarding lottery numbers, elections, and major sporting events. Any insight on world peace & the economic recovery would be helpful as well.

I think you're 100% correct in your Stones predictions.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 12, 2011 20:44

Rocky Dijon

Rocky,

Love your sense of humor, mate, and who knows, ya may just be speakin reality here? I do know one thing, if they blow this 50th anniversary opportunity I am going to be very pissed at them, not that they owe me anything beyond what they have already given me, which is many years of pure joy.

Date: April 12, 2011 20:50

thewatchman
StonesTod

anything's possible, of course...except this.

Date: April 12, 2011 20:51

I'd love to be wrong, but the pattern started with the promise of more from the Winos and sometimes you stop and think jeez it's been 18 years since those guys worked together and now we can say jeez it's been 4 years since the Stones played together and 4 years of Keith telling us to expect another Stones album "cause the boys are ready."

"Only Mick knows for sure and he ain't talking about it anymore, is he, Keith?"

Date: April 12, 2011 20:52

sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
71Tele

Then why don't you hold off on starting another will they tour or not thread for a year.

I promise once this thread runs it's course I will not mention another word about a future tour or any future Stones plans until after April 12, 2012. How's that?

Date: April 12, 2011 20:56

StonesTod
thewatchman
StonesTod

Well, if 2012 comes and goes, and no anniversary tour, then you will have been proven right.

Date: April 12, 2011 21:03

I promise to do my best to not let this thread die even if I have to invoke one of the Forbidden Words to do it.

Watchman, in case you don't know, there are several Forbidden Words that are guaranteed to prolong any thread for pages and pages.

Some, but not all of these words are...

Vibrato

Royalties

Murder

Twinkies

McLean

You are now armed and dangerous on IORR. Let all fear your tread.

Date: April 12, 2011 21:07

Is it true that McLean was eating Twinkies while comtemplating how the Vibrato on a song about Murder would effect his Royalties?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 12, 2011 21:07

Rocky Dijon
I promise to do my best to not let this thread die even if I have to invoke one of the Forbidden Words to do it.

Watchman, in case you don't know, there are several Forbidden Words that are guaranteed to prolong any thread for pages and pages.

Some, but not all of these words are...

Vibrato

Royalties

Murder

Twinkies

McLean

You are now armed and dangerous on IORR. Let all fear your tread.

Thanks, Rocky, I will thread lightly!

Date: April 12, 2011 21:17

thewatchman
StonesTod
thewatchman
StonesTod

Well, if 2012 comes and goes, and no anniversary tour, then you will have been proven right.

i don't wanna be proven anything...i just wanna be loved and have my sense of humor apppreciated like rocky. i'm so sick and tired of everybody loving rocky.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:24

StonesTod

How do you know that?? Anything can happen, I personally think there will be a 50th anniv tour as they wont go away and not say thank you to the fans, that is not Mick's way. By the way I know some people inside the Stones camp so take it from me.

Date: April 12, 2011 21:27

tipps
StonesTod

How do you know that?? Anything can happen, I personally think there will be a 50th anniv tour as they wont go away and not say thank you to the fans, that is not Mick's way. By the way I know some people inside the Stones camp so take it from me.

they've never done anything like that before, and i tend to believe they/we are creatures of habit.

and bully for you!!! we're blessed to have you here.

Date: April 12, 2011 21:27

tipps
StonesTod

Unless it's a DONE DEAL it's all hearsay & rumor.

Peace
Mr DJA

Date: April 12, 2011 21:28

StonesTod
thewatchman
StonesTod
thewatchman
StonesTod

i don't wanna be proven anything...i just wanna be loved and have my sense of humor apppreciated like rocky. i'm so sick and tired of everybody loving rocky.

Very funny! One luv, mate.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:33

StonesTod

40 Licks?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 12, 2011 21:39

tipps
StonesTod

Hope you are right, mate.

Date: April 12, 2011 21:42

StonesTod
[i don't wanna be proven anything...i just wanna be loved and have my sense of humor apppreciated like rocky. i'm so sick and tired of everybody loving rocky.

The ironic thing is I think you're the funniest person on here, Tod...except when you make fun of me and then I just think you're a gay stalker.

Date: April 12, 2011 22:51

Elmo Lewis
StonesTod

40 Licks?

a lick is a lick. and the tour was the LICKS tour - no number attached.

Date: April 12, 2011 22:53

Rocky Dijon
StonesTod
[i don't wanna be proven anything...i just wanna be loved and have my sense of humor apppreciated like rocky. i'm so sick and tired of everybody loving rocky.

The ironic thing is I think you're the funniest person on here, Tod...except when you make fun of me and then I just think you're a gay stalker.

funny people and gay stalkers don't have to be mutually exclusive, you know. some of my own gayest stalkers are hysterical.

Date: April 12, 2011 22:56

Fire is the devil's only friend, Tod.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home