Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18
Re: Keith kicks out Swedish journalist Markus Larsson
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:45

Quote: Gaza:

Keith shoulda 'showed him the blade'.........

And turned it around a few times

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-11 01:47 by NICOS.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:11

About Ove Tingvall: I believe every word he said. I heard it all on the swedish TV-channel TV 4. Maybe Keith wasn't drunk but Ove had the impression he was. Apparently he (Keith) called everyone "my friend". "Brandis" (Ove T) is the undisputed swedish number one Stonesfan.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:11

bernardandersonII
this one time....i saw keith smoke a cigarette...and i was like "whoa".

So...if you were "like" 'whoa' then what did you actually say?

Date: November 11, 2010 02:30

It's probably to late Doxa.........and fed up with a lot of negative post.......and they are just words

Date: November 11, 2010 02:31

Please elaborate Doxa. I have always appreciated your input on this forum. Have you heard about the 80/20-rule? I think it fits to this forum too... .

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:34

Doxa
To be honset,I dont'feel comfortable on this board any loeger. Go and kiss your hero's ass. I'm out. Sounds like some Manson board.

- Doxa

Hey doxa,don't pay no mind to the zealots on the board,they are the same people that follow dictators in politics,they cannot accept that there are always two sides to every story,and that we have the right to speak our minds about Keith or anyone else,without being crucified for it.. So stay.smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:40

Doxa
To be honset,I dont'feel comfortable on this board any loeger. Go and kiss your hero's ass. I'm out. Sounds like some Manson board.

- Doxa
Did you read the statement from Keith's people. He sat through the interview and then simply tapped him on the head and told him he was silly.....And your going to compare that to Charles Manson. Holy shit,if that's the case. Buh bye.

Date: November 11, 2010 02:50

I'm not sure...I hope it's not my post that upset Doxa.............just was referring to Mick 'Stick My Knife Right into your.........' yawning smiley(

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:59

Doxa

- Doxa

Take it from someone with experience, don't get too upset at the nonsense people say to you here. There are a lot of folks for whom any criticism of their heroes, however thoughtful, is treated as some sort of betrayal. Their problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-11 03:35 by 71Tele.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 11, 2010 03:05

Jesus , I hope the guy doesn't bring a lawsuit .

That would really screw up a potential LP and tour .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 11, 2010 03:07

fiftyamp
Doxa

- Doxa

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

It won't.

- Doxa

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 11, 2010 03:32

Full support for Doxa from me.

The Stones are surrounded by an army of a..lickers who tell them that even Back To Zero is a true masterpiece. And that is part of their creative problem for many a long years now.

Date: November 11, 2010 03:36

alimente

The Stones are surrounded by an army of a..lickers who tell them that even Back To Zero is a true masterpiece. And that is part of their creative problem for many a long years now.

Doxa's posts are among the most thoughtful and articulate on this board. It would be a shame if he stops posting here.

Date: November 11, 2010 03:36

alimente

Indeed they are, and we have one here in this board,that all she can do is preach about how great Keith is and how he can do no wrong,and anyone that says otherwise is in her own words "evil".Total BS.

Date: November 11, 2010 03:41

ROPENI
alimente

Indeed they are, and we have one here in this board,that all she can do is preach about how great Keith is and how he can do no wrong,and anyone that says otherwise is in her own words "evil".Total BS.

Yes, and always reminding us that "she was there" and how important an insider she is. As if protecting the Stones' image is her job.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 11, 2010 03:41

ROPENI

She's barely 16 or even younger, right?

Date: November 11, 2010 03:46

alimente
ROPENI

She's barely 16 or even younger, right?
I don't know her age,but l do know that she is full of Something...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 11, 2010 03:47

Doxa
fiftyamp
Doxa

- Doxa

It won't.

- Doxa

Settle down, mate. You're the best poster on this board. Dont let it get to you.

Date: November 11, 2010 03:49

Turning To Gold
But it's not the tabloid who has bad judgment in sending that particular writer to interview Keith, it's not the publishing house's fault that the magazine sent that controversial guy....KEITH'S MANAGEMENT who should have figured out who the writer was, well in advance of the interview, and realized that he was the same guy who panned the '07 show and wrote allegedly slanderous stuff blah blah blah, and KEITH'S PERSONAL MANAGEMENT simply should have NOT LET THE INTERVIEW HAPPEN, they should have insisted on the magazine sending someone ELSE to do it, otherwise, no story!! If it's that guy, you can scratch that interview off the list! That's VERY poor management in the Keith camp, more than anything else. My opinion of course, but a manager is supposed to know WHO IS DOING THE INTERVIEW before agreeing to a one-on-one sitdown, alone like that. You don't just let the client sit down with just anybody. Terrible planning.

Thats a pretty good point, in fairness. I dont agree that the tabloid should be absolved of all blame, because it appears they deliberately picked the guy to interview him knowing there might be a reaction and subsequent story - but Keith's people should definitely have been more on the ball. I'm sure, like most major stars, they would normally check out journalists before approving them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-11 03:51 by Gazza.

Date: November 11, 2010 04:07

Aftonbladet and Expressen are the two biggest tabloids in Sweden, I read them every day on the net. The thing is that Aftonbladet have "entertainment-journalists" that are big Stones-afficionados like Robert Börjesson per example. He would have loved to travel to Paris to interview Keith Richards. Instead they send Markus Larsson who knows nothing about the Stones and doesn't care much about them. It's clearly "set up" from a journalistic point of view. They (Aftonbladet) want to make a story of it, perhaps it increases sales?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 11, 2010 04:26

Gazza
Turning To Gold
But it's not the tabloid who has bad judgment in sending that particular writer to interview Keith, it's not the publishing house's fault that the magazine sent that controversial guy....KEITH'S MANAGEMENT who should have figured out who the writer was, well in advance of the interview, and realized that he was the same guy who panned the '07 show and wrote allegedly slanderous stuff blah blah blah, and KEITH'S PERSONAL MANAGEMENT simply should have NOT LET THE INTERVIEW HAPPEN, they should have insisted on the magazine sending someone ELSE to do it, otherwise, no story!! If it's that guy, you can scratch that interview off the list! That's VERY poor management in the Keith camp, more than anything else. My opinion of course, but a manager is supposed to know WHO IS DOING THE INTERVIEW before agreeing to a one-on-one sitdown, alone like that. You don't just let the client sit down with just anybody. Terrible planning.

Thats a pretty good point, in fairness. I dont agree that the tabloid should be absolved of all blame, because it appears they deliberately picked the guy to interview him knowing there might be a reaction and subsequent story - but Keith's people should definitely have been more on the ball. I'm sure, like most major stars, they would normally check out journalists before approving them.

With regards to the subject of this thread, I love these two posts. Assuming that this wasn't some kind of stunt, Keith's people screwed up. As far as blaming the tabloid for something? Why? If all we are hearing from their side is true, this is exactly what they were dreaming for. A paprottzi photographer couldn't have done better.

With regards to the sidebar that this thread has taken...

Doxa, I really hope you'll hang out for a while. I really enjoy reading your threads and will miss them if you stop writing them for us. Other than your Manson comment, they tend to be articulate and well thought out. I understand that, at some point this has become personal to you, but I hope you will realize the old saying is true:

"Opinions are like a55holes, Everybody's got one."

I do hope that you'll also realize that not only does everybody have one, but, i think, everybody can be one. Me, You, All of Us. If you choose to leave, I wish you all the best and much happiness.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 11, 2010 05:31

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
Doxa
fiftyamp
Doxa

- Doxa

It won't.

- Doxa

Settle down, mate. You're the best poster on this board. Dont let it get to you.

A guy who compares Keith Richards to Charles Manson is the best poster on the board?eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Ok,sure. Yeah that's the voice of reason.

Er, no. He's comparing the blind devotion as Manson-esque. Pretty obvious what he meant. Whether he's accurate or not isnt the point.

And if youre wanting to further your point by throwing personal insults my way, you can piss off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-11 05:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 11, 2010 05:38

Don't go Doxa.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 11, 2010 05:52

Gazza
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
Doxa
fiftyamp
Doxa

- Doxa

It won't.

- Doxa

A guy who compares Keith Richards to Charles Manson is the best poster on the board?eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Ok,sure. Yeah that's the voice of reason.

Er, no. He's comparing the blind devotion as Manson-esque. Pretty obvious what he meant. Whether he's accurate or not isnt the point.

And if youre wanting to further your point by throwing personal insults my way, you can piss off.
Geez Gazza,I've never known you to have be sensitive. No it wasn't a personal insult....and any comparison between a rock star and a serial killer is absolutely assinine in any way shape or form in my most humble of opinions.....and I won't even tell you to piss off. The idiocy of the concept stands on it's own merit...Again. My most humble of opinions which I surely do not mean as a personal insult in any way,shape or form. @#$%& this place has become impossible. Rocks Off is the mellow cool place to hang out and this place is an absolute asylum....and not in a good way.
For whatever it's fecking worth at this point. I have no blind devotion to Keith Richards or the Rolling Stones. In fact I'd go so far as to say that for the first 200 pages. His book is pretty boring. But comparing an interview between a rock star and a tabloid journalist to the devotion to a cult of serial killers is the most absolutey ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Whether you like it or not....And you can ban me from here until the next century. But I'm as entiltled to my opinion as you are. Without telling you to piss off.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: November 11, 2010 06:07

I'm not going to read every post here...but this is hilarious to me...only one journalist gets to meet with Keith & no one from Keith's camp reminds him that this is the dude who.....?....don't believe this story for a second....good press though !...and that's what it's all about...right ?.....peter

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2010 06:09

As Gazza said, Doxa was "comparing the blind devotion as Manson-esque. Pretty obvious what he meant".
In other words, Doxa wasn't making any comparison between a rock star (Keith) and a serial killer (Manson),
but rather the fanatacism of certain Stones fanatics to the blindly devoted followers of Manson.

It's a sad day when the ultra-loyal/fanatical defenders of Keith have reached an all time low to the point of turning away other Stones fans
who happen to have differing open-minded opinions of the Stones on a Stones board.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 11, 2010 06:56

I assumed he meant Marilyn Manson. Like..the goth guy. I can only further assume that said Manson has a fan website, perhaps akin to iorr.org, and that occasionally people fight on the Marilyn Manson message board about the state and future direction of Marilyn Manson's career. Sometimes it gets nasty...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 11, 2010 07:00

The reviewer probably got it right, but you gotta love Keith. I do.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 11, 2010 08:46

For me the purpose with writing on places like this is to stay 10 years old...it's just for fun..
Take No Shit Keith!
smoking smiley

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: November 11, 2010 09:10

I'm not defending anyone or anything, but I got a good laugh out of this story. Reminds me of my grandpa.

Keith and Mick should star in Grumpy Old Men 3; I'd see it opening day.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home