Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18
Re: Keith kicks out Swedish journalist Markus Larsson
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 12, 2010 15:43

Eleanor Rigby
at the end of the day Keith played like shit during this concert...any half-decent interviewer would have said the same...unless they kiss his ass like half the people here do...

Slagging off his performance is fair comment (and several of the performances on the last tour fully deserved to be criticised). Making sweeping generalisations as to the reason for the substandard performance without anything to back it up isn't fair comment, however.

Date: November 12, 2010 15:47

A perfectly ok Keith solo:

Seems like the usual BB-show to me. That's what I'm told from the people who were there, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-12 16:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: November 12, 2010 15:49

"Funny thing that no one else felt the way you did. So now it´s personal. Now we say goodbye. (Keith gives the reporter´s head a little push). Consider yourself lucky to get out from here alive".

BWAH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH !

That must have caught the journalist off guard! Too funny! Almost cute in a way...

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:02

Ha ha, so that's what all the fuss is about. Keith is completely cool and handles the situation as good as possible. The journalist actually seems ashamed.

Date: November 12, 2010 16:05

He should be...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:14

For your information, you can see Markus Larsson in that clip,
seated left on the couch wearing a black sweather.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:14

Yeah, he sounds like a little rat without any moral standards at all.

Date: November 12, 2010 16:18

The Worst.

Seated right on the couch, no?

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:19

"His eyes got black..."

- geez... and his teeth grew larger... and his fangs...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:20

The Worst.
[www.vgtv.no]

Listen to the interview here!

Now listened to the evidence I need to say that I give Keith all my respects in regards to this incident. It was not classy and even childish for such an old pro performer as him being so sensitive of one random half-arse review, but he is the winner now. That journalist sounds - and looks - like an idiot. Maybe he thought he is going to make something out of it (mentioning the review), but seemingly he couldn't handle the situation and Keith's calm reactions at all. He panicked. He just repeats 'Im sorry, I'm sorry" and sounds ashamed, and is totally out of words, while Keith remains calm and balanced. Then Keith feds up and leaves, and - luckily for the guy - touches him somehow physically and says "consider yourself lucky to get here alive". Luckily because that was all the tabloid guy got there, and he made a yelling story out of that.

As far as the like "consider yourself lucky blah blah blah" is fortunately typical Keith bullshit. Talk, luckily,is sometimes cheap.

Strange though this very incident was the FIRST thing Keith's book indirectly got any attention in Finnish tabloids - not even Mick's dick story made it!

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-12 16:40 by Doxa.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:27

Milan
"His eyes got black..."

- geez... and his teeth grew larger... and his fangs...

hahahaha...very funny...well done

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:33

paulywaul
The Worst.
[www.vgtv.no]

Keith doesn't sound nearly as "aggressive" and the altercation between the two isn't nearly as "acrimonious" as some would have us think, at least not to me ... what do others think ?

Well, having had a listen, I withdraw my earlier idea that Keith just lost his temper. I'm not saying he never does so, but he doesn't here. Yes, he's pissed off, but no more than that.

I think the clue lies in two things Keith says which didn't make it onto the earlier transcript:

"- or is this what you're looking for?" at 1.51 - in other words, Keith thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he's been set up for a confrontation, and indeed the interview is developing that way and it's time to end it.

And then right at the end, he realises that the journalist has perhaps got some of what he was looking for and says "You're gonna have a field day with this!".

And no, he doesn't sound to me as if he intends any of the stuff about dark rooms and throat-slitting to be taken seriously.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:39

The Worst.
[www.vgtv.no]

---------------------------------

Lol,cowboy Keith.
He watched too many John Wayne movies. smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:44

All respect to Keith. And this is a prime example of how words written can seem very different than when heard spoken.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:49

By the way, I'd like to know what is the story behind Keith's reaction to this guy's article. Keith sounds certain that "it wasn't the first time" and that he "hates him", etc. As fas as I knowm Keith doesn't speak much Swedish - so I don't think he has a direct access to Swedish papers or a discussion culture. Someone has translated the article to him, or a given a sketch of it, and maybe talked a bit more, etc. Something wrong with Keith's informants? It is an odd incident over-all. Keith's reaction (demand for a public apology).

- Doxa

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:51

DandelionPowderman
The Worst.

It is his left winking smiley
The guy with the glasses

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:55

[www.vgtv.no] Indeed interesting sound clip on this video clip, as posted earlier in this thread.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:06

Thanks for the link.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:12

Now that audio/video clip sheds a whole different light to the story.
probably in vain - but those tabloid guys should reconsider and react to what kind of rubbish they put out. twisting the words to make it a story - that's what's unacceptable. eye rolling smiley

Klas Lindberg, head of entertainment news at Aftonbladet:

- Keith Richards behavior is completely unacceptable. That he would be so hostile and aggressive towards our employee in this quiet and controlled interview situation, was surprising and extremely uncomfortable. Attacking a journalist in this way is serious. Richards is clearly out of balance and I hope that people close to him reacts, he says.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:14

Kind of refreshing to hear Keith without that wheezing laughter...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:14

Doxa
By the way, I'd like to know what is the story behind Keith's reaction to this guy's article. Keith sounds certain that "it wasn't the first time" and that he "hates him", etc. As fas as I knowm Keith doesn't speak much Swedish - so I don't think he has a direct access to Swedish papers or a discussion culture. Someone has translated the article to him, or a given a sketch of it, and maybe talked a bit more, etc. Something wrong with Keith's informants? It is an odd incident over-all. Keith's reaction (demand for a public apology).

- Doxa

I am quite sure that the Stones as a group, or the single stones individually, have people reviewing the press and sending a summary of the relevant articles. Probably they have the authority to ask for rectifications without even asking their pricipals.

C

Date: November 12, 2010 17:16

The Worst.
DandelionPowderman
The Worst.

It is his left winking smiley
The guy with the glasses

Ah, the endless debate, from the spectator's point of view or from the participants'. LOL! grinning smiley Yeah, I know very well who Larsson is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-12 17:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:17

Keith handled that guy in such a typical Keith,height of coolness way ! All this crap about losing his temper was utter s**te ! The little turd was utterly embarressed and lost for something to say .The only thing he got out of it was a truckload of publicity for himself and his tabloid.The truth of these storys usually comes out in the end.Good on ya Keith !!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:22

"clearly out of balance" HAHA..

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:32

That Larsson character got two Keith interviews in one.
the first and the last one.

no more flying under the radar as well.

Posted by: mega ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:34

I just saw the clip; laughing out loud!!!!! The swedish guy IS a very big loser. Am so glad that he's finally fall down. Incredible how all of a sudden Kieth wittyness makes the jerk fall down. What a coward!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:40

Doxa

- Doxa

I'm sure that things like a particularly scathing review in a publication that has a reasonably wide readership would in fact get fed back to him, if not the entire band as a whole. I can easily imagine that there are Stones Corp employees whose job it is to digest reviews on behalf of the band and feed info back. Possibly from time to time even a band member might read a review or two here or there for themselves. EVERYONE after all is vain enough to want to read something about themselves once in a while. It seems as if Larsson's original 2007 review must have "stood out" as compared to reviews of shows immediately preceding and superceding the Gotenburg one; presumably those were were kinder - and that's what brought HIS to prominence.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:45

Thanks a lot to the persons who posted the audio and translation of this interview.
Who would be so kind to send me the link of the "bad review " of the Göteborg 's show ? because I wasn't able to find it on Google.

Since I don't know what the journalist wrote that could bring Keith to be so angry ,I cannot give my opinion.Especially coming from someone like me who is quick tempered .....

At 1st listening , what I feel is that the journalist was so scared that he apologized,and that Keith got kind of crazy .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: November 12, 2010 17:49

At least, here are the headlines and scans (unfortunately in swedish only)

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Re: What Would Keith Do?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 12, 2010 17:54

The Worst.
[www.vgtv.no]

thanks for the link - that makes things abuuundantly clear

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home