Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Concert for Killing Cancer with the Who!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 16, 2010 11:23

At Hammersmith Apollo on January 13th 2011.First chance to see the Who in the New Year.Also Jeff Beck,Bryan Adams,Debbie Harry amongst others.Tickets from HMV Oxford Street from today Tuesday November16th and from Friday 19th November 9a.m.at www.hmvtickets.com Saw a comment on the web that prices are £49 to £132 but don't know for sure.Should be a good gig and for a good cause. >grinning smiley<

Re: OT: Concert for Killing Cancer with the Who!
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: November 16, 2010 11:47

I'd like to go but I've seen all the artists on the bill a few times now. If the tickets are going to be that much I'd rather save the cash and make my own donation than spend the money watching them all play a few hits. This is always my problem with charity shows with too many artists.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 16, 2010 15:27

crawdaddy
At Hammersmith Apollo on January 13th 2011.First chance to see the Who in the New Year.Also Jeff Beck,Bryan Adams,Debbie Harry amongst others.Tickets from HMV Oxford Street from today Tuesday November16th and from Friday 19th November 9a.m.at www.hmvtickets.com Saw a comment on the web that prices are £49 to £132 but don't know for sure.Should be a good gig and for a good cause. >grinning smiley<

Hmm, not an exclusive WHO show then, they're just one of several bands/artists performing ? Not sure if I'll go for it.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 16, 2010 17:09

Depends on how many acts turn up for the gig,but I doubt if it would be much more than half hour each band/performer.Very good cause but these charity gigs spend loads on advertising in the papers etc. and other expenses.It makes you wonder what percentage of the takings actually goes to the cancer charity.I first heard about it when I saw a full page ad. in the London Evening Standard.Now that's a couple of grand well spent.............I don't think!!! confused smiley

Date: November 16, 2010 17:28

paulywaul
crawdaddy

Hmm, not an exclusive WHO show then, they're just one of several bands/artists performing ? Not sure if I'll go for it.

Of course, having just made the comment above, I confess my total guilt ... I'm going to the Princes Trust Rock Gala thingy at the RAH tomorrow, where "among others" on the bill are Tom Jones, Status Quo, Eric Clapton ... can't recall who else exactly. Shedloads of performers anyway. I doubt whether each of them will get more than 15-20 minutes however. Still, t'ain't every day ya get ta see the Quo and Clapton on the same bill !! It's gotta be done !!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 16, 2010 17:32

I'll definitely go! The Who, Debbie Harry, Jeff Beck and Ryan Adams - and one of my favourite charities. As one of the cancer survivors I think I have an obligation, too.
And my addiction to great music - my only addiction - makes it impossible to stay at home then...
And isn't there a January sale at Harrods???

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 16, 2010 17:47

Bryan....sadly not Ryan.

Date: November 16, 2010 17:48

Addicted
I'll definitely go! The Who, Debbie Harry, Jeff Beck and Ryan Adams - and one of my favourite charities. As one of the cancer survivors I think I have an obligation, too.
And my addiction to great music - my only addiction - makes it impossible to stay at home then...

Addicted, do yourself a favour then, refresh your web browser literally every 5 seconds from 08:58 onwards, as for a ticket sale starting at 09:00 - the site generally "goes live" about 60-90 seconds before the stated time. You should then find yourself pretty much at the front of the "electronic" queue. GOOD LUCK !!

Harrods sale !!!! Really, don't be such a girlie (I know I know - you ARE a girlie), do try and concentrate on the task at hand though. You're not coming to London to buy frilly knickers and fancy frocks in the Harrods sale, you're coming to London to behave like a WHOligan in front of Messers Townshend and Daltrey and generally disgrace yourself .... yeah yeah yeah yeah !!!! Priorities dear girl, priorities !!!!

Date: November 17, 2010 11:24

Oh, great! Thanks - I will definitely take your advice!

Quote: you're coming to London to behave like a WHOligan in front of Messers Townshend and Daltrey and generally disgrace yourself .... yeah yeah yeah yeah !!!!

Well, that wouldn't be the first time! I'll give it a go. It sounds fairly easy! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 17, 2010 11:43

I'm just wondering how many tickets will be available after the amount sold at HMV in Oxford Street from Tuesday morning till Thursday closing time!!! Hopefully there will still be decent seats left.Gonna be quite pricey. Looks as though there are just the 5 acts.The Who,Jeff Beck,Debbie Harry,Bryan Adams and Richard Ashcroft.Not realy familiar with him though I know he was/is in the Verve.Start time is meant to be 7p.m. so I guess with no support acts it could be 30-45 minutes or so for each act.Sounds not too bad in theory so have to wait and see. smoking smiley

Date: November 18, 2010 18:13

Robert Plant on the show now! Be good if he did some old Led Zep stuff .Six acts now and that cuts the time down for The Who and Jeff Beck who would be my faves !!! smoking smiley

Date: November 19, 2010 11:51

Got a couple of tickets £49.50 standing at back of the stalls.I'm happy with that!! Noticed the start time now 6.30 p.m. Allowing an extra half hour for Robert Plant the extra act maybe!! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 19, 2010 12:37

crawdaddy
Got a couple of tickets £49.50 standing at back of the stalls.I'm happy with that!! Noticed the start time now 6.30 p.m. Allowing an extra half hour for Robert Plant the extra act maybe!! >grinning smiley<

Good on ya. I'm passing on this, as much as I adore the WHO I don't really wanna see 'em for the proverbial three or four songs only ... I have little if any interest in the other performers.

Date: November 19, 2010 12:48

Don't blame ya Paul.I had second thoughts about it.I think I managed to get the last standing which I think were the only tickets at £49.50 .Still plenty of high price tickets going which didn't surprise me.People are just not paying those sort of prices these days,even for charity!! smoking smiley

Date: November 19, 2010 13:15

crawdaddy
Don't blame ya Paul.I had second thoughts about it.I think I managed to get the last standing which I think were the only tickets at £49.50 .Still plenty of high price tickets going which didn't surprise me.People are just not paying those sort of prices these days,even for charity!! smoking smiley

Well, I was the Princes Trust thing at the RAH the other day, and the ticket for that was a whopping £175 - so a major case of ouch !! I enjoyed the night though, and there were a couple of revelations for me, one of which was Paloma Faith. Bloody great she was. And it was great to see the Quo (rockin' all over the world as they do) and Clapton, but these are the sort of acts that I can only really take in small doses these days anyway. I loved Tom Jones, and Brian May & Roger Taylor dusted off some old Queen classics, really enjoyable to hear. I actually bought the ticket for the other half but she couldn't make it, so I kind of got stuck with it. All in all I don't regret going, inspite of being £175 lighter for the experience. I could've sold the ticket I guess, there were lots of people looking for tix. Anyway, in due course you'll be able to tell us what this night of yours coming up in January was like. I can see why you went for the £50 tickets, £132 (or whatever the top price was) is a bit damm steep for that particular line-up, gotta say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-19 13:31 by paulywaul.

Date: November 19, 2010 13:17

Addicted

So ....... did ya get yer ticket there Ms Addicted ?

Date: November 19, 2010 15:30

YEAH!
Santa came early this year! I got fab tix through a friend.
And now that they've also added Robert Plant to the list - It's gonna be a magnificent night.
(Bryan Adams - not so keen on that one, but at one point, one probably has to visit the girl's room, so - everything's perfect!)

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 19, 2010 15:40

Adrian-L
Bryan....sadly not Ryan.

Adrian, do you ever get tired of having to repeat the name 'Ryan' when talking to other people about his music...?!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: November 19, 2010 15:48

This is all my fault...
I thought I saw Ryan Adam's name on the list, but it turned out it was only Bryan Adams. In my opinion there's a big difference in quality here - and I prefere Ryan.
Adrian-L was only responding to my post, trying to clear up a misunderstanding.
OK?

Date: November 19, 2010 16:15

Addicted
YEAH!
Santa came early this year! I got fab tix through a friend.
And now that they've also added Robert Plant to the list - It's gonna be a magnificent night.
(Bryan Adams - not so keen on that one, but at one point, one probably has to visit the girl's room, so - everything's perfect!)

I got fab tix through a friend

Excellent, pleased for you. Enjoy it.

Date: November 19, 2010 17:54

Hope to see you for a drink or 2 before the show Addicted! I'm not in the posh seats but standing at the back of the stalls.Very happy with that as it's better than standing at the back of the circle.Less than 2 months away and a line up that I don't mind at all for a multi-artist gig.The Who and Jeff Beck will be my faves and Debbie Harry is still a sweetie! Hope Robert Plant sings a few of his Led Zep stuff.Definately something to look forward to in the first month of 2011! smileys with beer

Date: November 19, 2010 21:19

That would be very nice, crawdaddy! I haven't booked my flight yet, but there's plenty of time. (I hope I'm not burried in work at that time...)
Anyway - I'm planning to go and grab a glass of wine during Bryan Adams' set...
The rest of those artists - I don't wanna miss!

Paulywaul: Thanks! Yes, I'll enjoy it - I most certainly will!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 19, 2010 22:09

Mr Jimmy
Adrian-L
Bryan....sadly not Ryan.

Adrian, do you ever get tired of having to repeat the name 'Ryan' when talking to other people about his music...?!

No.
But thank you for your concern.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home