Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 18
Re: Keith kicks out Swedish journalist Markus Larsson
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 10, 2010 14:27

Thanks Addicted for clarifying the circumstances - I was wondering why this journalist had not been blacklisted by KR management.

Date: November 10, 2010 14:28

Did he apologise? I didn't see that. I read an interview with Larsson the day after his review was published, still sticking to his story...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 10, 2010 14:28

stein
I remember well that this reporte claimed Keith for beeing drunk on stage, afterwards he apologised. So he should know that he took a big change when he asked about the yellow glass that day.
Proubly the forgotten journalist got the new publicity he want and can write about himself instead of Keith.

I have never heard him apologise. Any source or links?

BTW, the swedish journalist's union now wants to report Keith Richards to the police:
[www.aftonbladet.se]

Date: November 10, 2010 14:35

LOL! Good luck to them grinning smiley

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: November 10, 2010 14:37

journalists are a dying breed, soon there'll be no newspapers left as we know them now. good journalism has already died.

Date: November 10, 2010 14:43

Well, I'm a journalist, but I support Keith in this case smiling smiley Provocacy and insults have nothing to do with good journalism.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 10, 2010 14:59

I reckon it was a stunt by someone,knowing Keith would be annoyed to say the least,when he realised who the guy was.They stick them together in a room on their own and expect fireworks.I don't put any blame on Keith at all.It was all built up as some tabloid fodder! smoking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:06

good for keith ,that's a great example of why i LOVE KEITH SO MUCH ,he is a man with pride that stands up for himself .good for you keith you are the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:10

The review of the Gothenburg show was horrible, and the journalist is a stupid peewee. He made the story before they played. Keith had problems with his balance in Helsinki, some though he was drunk, be he was not. He fell over a few times, and the peewee journalist wanted to do a story about drunk Keith in Gothenburg. Keith was not drunk, he was on medication due to the head injury, and it's all a fake story. Stupid journalist, and quite offending to send such a journalist to a meeting with Keith, after having attacked him with false accusations. The editor and some PR people have really messed up here. Anybody would get angry. If a journalist say he has been hit it probably means Keith did a swing with his arm but he did not hit him. If he hit him then the journalist would have sold his story to The SUN and Nesws of the World and all over, black eye and all of that. And half a dozen lawyesr asking for money from Keith.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:22

bv
The review of the Gothenburg show was horrible, and the journalist is a stupid peewee. He made the story before they played. Keith had problems with his balance in Helsinki, some though he was drunk, be he was not. He fell over a few times, and the peewee journalist wanted to do a story about drunk Keith in Gothenburg. Keith was not drunk, he was on medication due to the head injury, and it's all a fake story. Stupid journalist, and quite offending to send such a journalist to a meeting with Keith, after having attacked him with false accusations. The editor and some PR people have really messed up here. Anybody would get angry. If a journalist say he has been hit it probably means Keith did a swing with his arm but he did not hit him. If he hit him then the journalist would have sold his story to The SUN and Nesws of the World and all over, black eye and all of that. And half a dozen lawyesr asking for money from Keith.

Thanks BV, good to hear

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:24

we gotta all rally around KEITH .THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO PLEASE!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:27

Ahh, you already answered & nailed it, BV.

it's quite a difference between threatening and hitting someone in the head.

which stupid mind would sit in the tigers cage and start poking fun at him and mentioning that it was he who poked him with a long stick the last time?

The meeting ended with the rock star threatening Markus Larsson and hitting him in the head.

- Before he stormed out he hit me in the head and hissed: "You're lucky to get out of here alive," said Markus Larsson.

The interview would have lasted for half an hour, but when, after ten minutes of the interview Keith Richards realized it was Markus Larsson, who wrote the review, the mood of the rock star quickly changed.

- He was in a good mood before I started to ask about the gig at Ullevi. He drank something yellow and smoked and laughed. But it quickly became uncomfortable, said Markus Larsson.

It even went so far as to Keith Richards physically threatening Markus Larsson.

Posted by: praline ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:33

It looks like that journalist has personnal ethic and does not hit old people and woman.

As far as i am concerned, i would not hit women or children, but a 67 yo trying to hit me, would expose himself to some more "balance troubles".

Can we see what exactly this journalist has said ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:34

It was a nerve to send that journalist (whether deliberately or out of plain stupidity and lack of research) and it was a nerve of that journalist to bring up that show. Total disrespect for Keith's condition at the time. The guy got what was coming to him and good on Keith for not letting him get away with it that easily.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:34

The Worst.
"He drank something yellow"
It's called a screwdricer you moron.
I read the original review. One thing was the slaughter of Keith's performance,
but the worst about it was the arrogance of Markus Larsson, how he made fun of Keith and disrespected him like he was just another overrated guitarplayer from an average band. I can understand why Keith does not want to be interviewed by this ignorant swede.
Good morning, The Worst!
Keith didn't drink alcohol. He hasn't since January... But orangejuice /orangina is a favourite.
You're right about the ignorant Swede. It was just a very provocative thing to send exactly THAT reporter to Paris to interview him. The Sewdish newspaper Aftonbladet did this on purpose, to create a scandal. Sickening. That's how tabloids in an economical squeeze think.

Date: November 10, 2010 15:35

Come On
A none-journalist like George Michael-die-hard-fan Markus Larsson should stay away from every situation where rock'n'roll is on the wall..

Believe me, Keith did fully right..
Yes he did.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:56

kids stuff...
and yes addicted, we know you're very very close to the stones, but why do you have to underline that in every post? it's a bit silly for a grown up man.

Date: November 10, 2010 15:57

man? winking smiley

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 15:57

Go Keith!

That journo should just count himself lucky there wasn't a Telecaster in the room...

(Sorry for posting the clip, but surely nobody here gets tired of seeing it?)

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:00

Addicted
The Worst.
"He drank something yellow"
It's called a screwdricer you moron.
I read the original review. One thing was the slaughter of Keith's performance,
but the worst about it was the arrogance of Markus Larsson, how he made fun of Keith and disrespected him like he was just another overrated guitarplayer from an average band. I can understand why Keith does not want to be interviewed by this ignorant swede.
Good morning, The Worst!
Keith didn't drink alcohol. He hasn't since January... But orangejuice /orangina is a favourite.
You're right about the ignorant Swede. It was just a very provocative thing to send exactly THAT reporter to Paris to interview him. The Sewdish newspaper Aftonbladet did this on purpose, to create a scandal. Sickening. That's how tabloids in an economical squeeze think.

Good morning to you as well!
OK, you are probably right, but Larsson is still a moron.
What I don't understand is how they chose to send that guy and
blow this one chance to get a great interview with Keith Richards himself.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:01

Roll73
Go Keith!

That journo should just count himself lucky there wasn't a Telecaster in the room...

(Sorry for posting the clip, but surely nobody here gets tired of seeing it?)

I think it is more for Keith to count himself lucky for being regarded by many (including the journalist), as deficient - and you dont hit deficient.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:06

guitarbastard
kids stuff...
and yes addicted, we know you're very very close to the stones, but why do you have to underline that in every post? it's a bit silly for a grown up man.
Christ...
It is very relevant here that I was present on both occations. I'm responsible for press, PR and event for Keith's book release in Norway and that's never been a secret. As far as I know, I was the only person present on both occations. With the exception of Keith's staff, but it's very unlikely they'll join the discussion here, so I felt it would only be fair I came forward and told about the background for Keith's anger. Since he's obviously under attack and can't defend himself here.
I could have kept quiet, of course, but I know a few people on the board who would like to know the background for this incident.
If you don't like it - fine by me. I really don't care about your opinion.
And for your information - I'm a woman. Not that it matters - but it's a fact.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:06

Rolling Hansie

Right now, I cannot see the funny side of this
I can >grinning smiley<
Keep on Rolling smoking smiley
So can I !!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:08

I remember the case back in 2007, how Keith was angry becauce of the bad review, demanding an apology. I haven't heard anything since then, so I am happy to read a satisfactory explanation. A lot of good Keith news today! (another one being the interview for german TV) And we are only in the middle of the week :-)
And yea, the Hampton "incident" comes in mimd, although it is a very different case.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:10

Found on the IORR review of the show:

Thomas Anderberg of Dagens nyheter states the "fact" that Keith needs Ronnie as support on stage in order to be able to perform. All in all a miracle the Stones were able to perform their show at Ullevi Gothenburg, according to the press.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:11

Well done Addicted.We all appreciate the great info you give us ,but unfortunately you get the moaners on every board. smoking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:16

Watch that video of Keith "hitting" the guy - he never makes actual contact with him.

Keith seems to have good memory for this kind of thing. Nothing new there.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:18

crawdaddy
Well done Addicted.We all appreciate the great info you give us ,but unfortunately you get the moaners on every board. smoking smiley
Yeah, and the funny thing is they think I care about their opinion. I'm tougher than most. If I'd been attacked for not telling about the background here, I would have taken that more seriously. In this case I didn't have another option. I had to tell what really happened.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:28

Addicted
I'm tougher than most.

Very Keithian smiling smiley I like that attitude.
Never mind the negative remarks. Just keep on posting the information you are allowed to give. Lots of people here appreciate that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:28

skipstone
Watch that video of Keith "hitting" the guy - he never makes actual contact with him.

That's true - although if he had made actual contact he may well have split the guy's head open. The point is Keith still went for it. It's all about the attitude - that's what makes Keith the legend that he is.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home