Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18
Re: Keith kicks out Swedish journalist Markus Larsson
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:31

Well, back then Keith could do that, act tough and show it. Now it's beyond all talk.

Had he actually hit the guy the guitar would have gone WAY out of tune.

Posted by: praline ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:34

Rolling Hansie
Addicted
I'm tougher than most.

Very Keithian smiling smiley

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:38

Thos who can do and those that can't become critics.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:38

skipstone
Well, back then Keith could do that, act tough and show it. Now it's beyond all talk.

a Telecaster going out of tune with that sort of minor encounter? impossible!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:41

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2010 16:42

open-g
skipstone

a Telecaster going out of tune with that sort of minor encounter? impossible!

Yeah right.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:45

The reactoins of the fan (ie. fanatics) here is very predictable.

However, please allow me to bring back a bit of context here.

Not only one journalist was critical of that concert. There were actually two of them (damned, that must be a conspiracy !)

1/ [www.expressen.se] ... stodja-sig

What was supposed to be the Rockfest of the year ended as a scandal.
Keith was so obvious intoxicated and needed help to stand up straight.
He was clearly intoxicated said OT who was at the meet and greet.
Just before the show, OT was at the Meet and Greet. He was totally wasted (very drunk) and had to use Ronnie as support.
"Keith was leaning againt Ronnie, he couldn't stand up straight"
"I have seen him so many times - never like this, so very drunk".
"I don't have words for it, it was just so sad"

Ronnie did most of the guitar work in the beginning, Keith made lots of mistake, and when you looked at the close ups at the big screen it was obvious.

Satisfaction sounded "sour" (not real translation, stuck)
When he did You got the silver he pointed a gun to his head and said "what am I doing"

2/ [www.aftonbladet.se]

Jaggers work doesn't pay

No, I am sorry. When the firework is gone I got this empty feeling and I am a bit sad.

BUT, first of all. Mick Jagger.
I don't know where to start. Most fit 64 yr old with an energy and (struggling translating this one) I "want-this-to-be-great" attitude.
That he is still hungry is just a plain miracle.
He is working his arse off (they used that word), from SMU to the end of BS.
It feels like the work is to cover up for the others.
He looks deperate at times. He got an impossible job after all.
This is not the strongest tour they have done. When you compear to 2003 and specially the final at Cirkus (Stockholm). This is (hmm, struggling) a sensation on the negative side.
Highlights and wow's are few. It is really only MR that deserves standing ovations and XXXX (didn't get that Swedish word, Baboon Bro, help. (busvisslingar))
During MR, Stones are back in their unique, mean mood.
The rifs from RW and KR are weaving together. CW drumming sounds like thunder, and the harmonica playing by Mick is fantastic.
A litle later they are sounding like amateurs during HTW. During the end of the song it sounds like they don't listen to each other any longer.
And the others, oh well.
To say at least, better in the past.

Date: November 10, 2010 16:58

praline
The reactoins of the fan (ie. fanatics) here is very predictable.
However, please allow me to bring back a bit of context here.
Not only one journalist was critical of that concert. There were actually two of them (damned, that must be a conspiracy !)

And your point is ???

-------------------

Date: November 10, 2010 17:03

>>And your point is ???<<

E X A C T L Y !

Hey Praline, if you want to support that scumbag of journo - just go ahead.
in the meantime I'll get myself a bucket of popcorn.

Date: November 10, 2010 17:11

praline
Grow-up a bit mate.
All that bunch of knobheads here are 45y-o in average, and behave like 15 teenage girls.
Keith did some very bad gigs, with poor performances, that was highlighted by many journalists and a large part of the audience - end of the story. Do I have to remind you that many stadiums were half-empty ?

And your point is ?????

-------------------

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:14

Funny how still some people still try justify violent, stupid behavior. What a polide child, a primadonna Keith is. I guess if he had shooted him, some people will say "well, he was provoked, and you know Keith.."

Personally I feel ashamed being once a member of this worshipping cult.

- Doxa

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:14

By the way, The show in Gothenburg was not bad at all. Not teir best, but not bad at all. I remember being very surprised when I got the swedish newspaper's review translated (I was on my way to Copenhagen for the following show of the tour).

BUT! Maybe this time Keith went a little bit over the top...

Date: November 10, 2010 17:16

Doxa
I guess if he had shooted him, some people will say "well, he was provoked, and you know Keith.."

No, I don't think so. Shooting the bastard would have been a little bit Too Rude. At least in my opinion.

-------------------

Date: November 10, 2010 17:17

Doxa
Personally I feel ashamed being once a member of this worshipping cult.

Oh well, there is always an easy way out.

-------------------

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:18

Since the 90ies I'm Happy to see Stones in person on stage..who gives a @#$%& about how they play...that's what boring Larsson must understand...they play how bad they want to, it's Rolling Stones Art...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:29

>> Do I have to remind you that many stadiums were half-empty ? <<

and that doesn't make it ok - or even reasonable - to write that someone is drunk when they aren't.
were you at the show in question, praline, or are you just bitchin about things that you've never seen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 17:30 by with sssoul.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:36

Rolling Hansie
praline
Grow-up a bit mate.
All that bunch of knobheads here are 45y-o in average, and behave like 15 teenage girls.
Keith did some very bad gigs, with poor performances, that was highlighted by many journalists and a large part of the audience - end of the story. Do I have to remind you that many stadiums were half-empty ?

And your point is ?????
Basicly to be a pain in the ass it seems Hansie. Can't find any other purpose in this person's posts....What would have been really funny would have been if Keith hung the bastard outside the hotel window for a bit.grinning smiley

Date: November 10, 2010 17:36

Come On
who gives a @#$%& about how they play...

Most of the people who buy a ticket to hear music.

Date: November 10, 2010 17:45

Fanny Birath is public relations manager at Norstedts, publishers of Keith Richards's autobiography: -
It is sad what happened, but I can not comment on their conflict. [b]It was between them in a closed room and I was not there[/b], she says.

Obviously Keith didn't shoot him and probably didn't even touch him.
since Larsson came out empty handed (interview wise) we're only hearing Larssons version of the story which I presume to be bloated and exaggerated.
I guess he's the "primadonna" who couldn't take it that the interview ended abruptly.

Date: November 10, 2010 17:57

guitarbastard
you're not that important, neither am i...
peace!

I haven't read ONE comment of Addicted yet on this board, where he obviously comes across as someone who considers himself important...
And the same goes for you, Guitarbastard.
So Peace to you both!
And remember: the written word is a counterfeiting bitch in disguise... Even the well written ones.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: November 10, 2010 18:00

>>you always have to point out who wou are (a well decorated journalist and blabla...)<<

it obviously is important to mention who Addicted is, since you've only noticed today that she is a woman.
I prefer to read information by insiders than second hand chitter chatter.
I'm glad she's around.

if you only critizie coolness eye rolling smiley - what about yours?

Date: November 10, 2010 18:00

praline
Dont worry, she's tough, and Keithian, and blablabla.
Maybe she even wears a skull-ring - wow ! She's a real pirate !

And your point is ???????

-------------------

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:08

sweetcharmedlife
What would have been really funny would have been if Keith hung the bastard outside the hotel window for a bit.grinning smiley
That would be amazing for a skinny old man who hurt himself while climbing a palm tree...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:17

tonterapi
sweetcharmedlife
What would have been really funny would have been if Keith hung the bastard outside the hotel window for a bit.grinning smiley
That would be amazing for a skinny old man who hurt himself while climbing a palm tree...
I suppose your're reffering to Keith.
Well, he never climbed a palm tree... He sat on a branch of a tree and fell down from approx 3 feet. But that can cause damage if you hit concrete. Do yer home work, please.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:18

open-g
>>you always have to point out who wou are (a well decorated journalist and blabla...)<<

it obviously is important to mention who Addicted is, since you've only noticed today that she is a woman.
I'm glad she's around.

you're right. how could i ever forget that addicted is a typical girls name?? ;-)
it's not a big thing, but her "tone" often annoys me. probably she's a sweet lady, but as i said i can only judge what i read!
not that important honey...

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:20

open-g

I'm glad she's around.

and by the way: i'm way cooler than keith. no not only keith. i'm cooler than keith and charlie together!

Posted by: libertine ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:21

I was at the Ullevi concert in 2007 and that journalist was way out of line. Sure, it's not the best concert I have seen with the Stones, but it was a great show, and Keith was not @#$%& up in any way. Larsson is a pretentious @#$%& and has always been. I'm just sorry that Keith didn't beat the shit out of him because that's what he deserves. The only music journalists I hate more than Marcus Larsson is the retarded ones working at Expressen. Keith did the right thing in teaching this retard a lesson.

Date: November 10, 2010 18:25

people people! quit fighting each other! that is not how armies survive. we're supposed to be doing battle against this swedish journalist. he is the one that offended our sensitive souls by writing a bad review of our almighty leader, keith richards. remember? now kiss and make up and forward....MARCH! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:28

guitarbastard
Addicted
guitarbastard
kids stuff...
and yes addicted, we know you're very very close to the stones, but why do you have to underline that in every post? it's a bit silly for a grown up man.
Christ...
It is very relevant here that I was present on both occations. I'm responsible for press, PR and event for Keith's book release in Norway and that's never been a secret. As far as I know, I was the only person present on both occations. With the exception of Keith's staff, but it's very unlikely they'll join the discussion here, so I felt it would only be fair I came forward and told about the background for Keith's anger. Since he's obviously under attack and can't defend himself here.
I could have kept quiet, of course, but I know a few people on the board who would like to know the background for this incident.
If you don't like it - fine by me. I really don't care about your opinion.
And for your information - I'm a woman. Not that it matters - but it's a fact.

live and let live addicted! i dont know you and therefore i can only judge you on what you write here. but since you call yourself "tougher than most", you seem to be pretty thin skinned when it comes to critics...
there's just often this boast in your posts that annoys me. you always have to point out who wou are (a well decorated journalist and blabla...)
you could present your insider infos (if you really have them) and knowledge with more coolness. thats all i ever criticized...
you're not that important, neither am i...
peace!
I don't care about your opinion at all. But that doesn't make me thin skinned. There's no logic in that. I never claimed I am/was important, but I was there. I saw what happened, I saw Keith sober as a priest. We talked.
Anyway, had the critisizm come from a person on this board for whom I have respect, things would have been different. But I don't take you seriously. I don't hate you or anything, I just don't respect you. That's all I have to say to you, really.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 18:31

Addicted
I suppose your're reffering to Keith.
Well, he never climbed a palm tree... He sat on a branch of a tree and fell down from approx 3 feet. But that can cause damage if you hit concrete. Do yer home work, please.
Ok. I'll stick with that "it would have been amazing for skinny old man" then. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home