Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 6, 2010 12:56

<Well in all fairness, I can only judge you by WHAT YOU WRITE ... if you don't wish to be thought of or referred to in a certain light, then perhaps don't post some of your more morose thoughts or comments. I'm all for freedom of speech n' all that, but you really do open yourself up for it. By any standards, some of your comments are extremely negative indeed, so much so that people are given to wondering what the hell you even bother to post for. If you've got that much of a downer on the Stones in their current form, and in your mind they are 'has beens' to such an extent, then take your leave of them .... and that would include taking your leave of this board too. Your comments otherwise are just unecessarily inflammatory.

[ I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak ]
>

So there's no room for Jones and Taylor era Stones lovers,that consider the Wood era as a flop,musically spoken, without bashing, but musical statements???
"Has beens" yes, you say it,and I'am not the only one.
Pfff, yes sir. Mission impossible.
Ask BV to ban me. I don't blame you.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 14:12 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 6, 2010 13:10

"Concerning the 100club, this company is not going to save it I'am afraid.
I no nothing about the cash they made. Keith...auch.,he wasn't even there, what a blunder.Hope it's enough

Listening to Ron & Mick, well Ron cannot do any better, Mick T is a shade of himself.

The drums and bass, I doubt the Stones will do much better.

I can imagine Jagger think...let's forget it.
Hope I'am wrong for contemporary Stones fans though."

What a load of old coswallop!!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: December 6, 2010 14:16

Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and Dick Taylor have make a big concert,
i'm very happy for this fantastic night.
Thank you to S.D.Petit for this dream, 50 years of the stones history was to 100 club.
Sici

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 6, 2010 14:36

Amsterdamned
<Well in all fairness, I can only judge you by WHAT YOU WRITE ... if you don't wish to be thought of or referred to in a certain light, then perhaps don't post some of your more morose thoughts or comments. I'm all for freedom of speech n' all that, but you really do open yourself up for it. By any standards, some of your comments are extremely negative indeed, so much so that people are given to wondering what the hell you even bother to post for. If you've got that much of a downer on the Stones in their current form, and in your mind they are 'has beens' to such an extent, then take your leave of them .... and that would include taking your leave of this board too. Your comments otherwise are just unecessarily inflammatory.

>

So there's no room for Jones and Taylor era Stones lovers,that consider the Wood era as a flop,musically spoken, without bashing, but musical statements???

<<< So there's no room for Jones and Taylor era Stones lovers,that consider the Wood era as a flop,musically spoken, without bashing, but musical statements ??? >>>

Well, seeing as the Jones era ended 40 odd years ago, and the Taylor era 35 odd years ago, presumably not a lot has been of interest to you over the last three and a half decades ? That being so, wouldn't it be easier if you just banned yourself, and then you could post away merrily on a board dedicated specifically to 'pre Wood era' Rolling Stones ?

Alternatively, you could stay, but perhaps just 'temper your language' a little and try being a little less scathing and dismissive in your criticisms, you might not sound like quite the a**hole that you presently do. Just a suggestion, you don't have to take it .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 6, 2010 14:39

Yeah....... I'm glad I was there, it was a fantastic night, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Now - I'd like to preserve the concert for prosperity. We know the BBC have recorded the concert as the below link has some concert sound clips. Also note the pic on the site shows them rehearsing (they're wearing different clothes). The BBC had exclusive access to record the show and do interviews.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So when are we going to hear this on the radio? Or better still, when will there be a TV program? (It was filmed).

Please - everyone - keep your eyes / ears out for this!

Cheers,
WLY

Date: December 6, 2010 14:44

WeLoveYou
Yeah....... I'm glad I was there, it was a fantastic night, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Now - I'd like to preserve the concert for prosperity. We know the BBC have recorded the concert as the below link has some concert sound clips. Also note the pic on the site shows them rehearsing (they're wearing different clothes). The BBC had exclusive access to record the show and do interviews.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So when are we going to hear this on the radio? Or better still, when will there be a TV program? (It was filmed).

Please - everyone - keep your eyes / ears out for this!

Cheers,
WLY

<<< Please - everyone - keep your eyes / ears out for this ! >>>

You bet we will

Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: December 6, 2010 14:52

Some great pictures up of the night!
I guess the next step is to ensure the club stays open and to keep supporting it.
These are all the places I managed to find SDP's charity single; "Need Your Love So Bad (Save The 100 Club)"

iTunes [itunes.apple.com]

HMV Digital [www.hmvdigital.com]

7Digital [www.7digital.com]

Amazon [www.amazon.co.uk]

Play [www.play.com]

Would be great if we could just get it into the charts, the higher the better! Imagine the amount of publicity and awareness the club would get!!!

Date: December 6, 2010 14:54

I guess the next step is to ensure the club stays open and to keep supporting it.
These are all the places I managed to find SDP's charity single; "Need Your Love So Bad (Save The 100 Club)"

Play [www.play.com]

Would be great if we could just get it into the charts, the higher the better! Imagine the amount of publicity and awareness the club would get!!!

Date: December 6, 2010 14:54

sorry didn't mean to post twice!

Date: December 6, 2010 14:59

paulywaul
Amsterdamned

>

<<< So there's no room for Jones and Taylor era Stones lovers,that consider the Wood era as a flop,musically spoken, without bashing, but musical statements ??? >>>

Well, seeing as the Jones era ended 40 odd years ago, and the Taylor era 35 odd years ago, presumably not a lot has been of interest to you over the last three and a half decades ? That being so, wouldn't it be easier if you just banned yourself, and then you could post away merrily on a board dedicated specifically to 'pre Wood era' Rolling Stones ?

Alternatively, you could stay, but perhaps just 'temper your language' a little and try being a little less scathing and dismissive in your criticisms, you might not sound like quite the a**hole that you presently do. Just a suggestion, you don't have to take it .........

Piss off.

Date: December 6, 2010 15:08

Amsterdamned
paulywaul
Amsterdamned

>

Piss off.

Sounds like you won't be taking up the suggestion then ... ? cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

I guess we can all now look forward to the next 'Wood bash' then ! angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

Date: December 6, 2010 15:15

paulywaul
Amsterdamned
paulywaul
Amsterdamned

>

Piss off.

Sounds like you won't be taking up the suggestion then ... ? cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

I guess we can all now look forward to the next 'Wood bash' then ! angry smiley angry smiley

angry smiley

I never bashed Wood,just give musical opinions.
Bashing is insulting someone's personal integrity,or calling someone an a**hole.
Some people are good at it in particular when it comes to Taylor(s looks.)
or him not showing up.winking smiley

Cheers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 22:05 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: PaulineCarr ()
Date: December 6, 2010 15:25

BradleyJennas

Play [www.play.com]

Yeah I went to this gig and heard about this charity single? (In fact it was the same guy who told me about this site!)

I assume all the profits go to the club then?

Date: December 6, 2010 15:27

PaulineCarr
BradleyJennas

Play [www.play.com]

Yeah I went to this gig and heard about this charity single? (In fact it was the same guy who told me about this site!)

I assume all the profits go to the club then?

Yes all profits from this single go to the club, there is information on:
www.stephendalepetit.com

Also its not just good for the club, its a cracking song too!

Date: December 6, 2010 15:52

Is the single only available on download does anyone know?

Date: December 6, 2010 16:58

It will be available from SDP's website. But at the moment its only available as a download. Even when it is available from his site, it wont count towards the OCC (Official Charts Company) singles chart, as it isn't recognized.I think the aim is to get the song into the charts now, so its best to get it online.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 7, 2010 03:31

Mick Taylor solo from 3:05 - 3:35

MT, Ronnie and Keef on tour. Think about it. I know I am. Talk about greatness>

Date: December 7, 2010 03:35

Go see The Wall!!!

Blows away the 100 club show along with Ronnie Wood and his stomp review.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 7, 2010 03:39

Also 6:49 - 7:20

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 7, 2010 06:29

Warms my heart to see these two on stage together. Let's have more, with Mick, Keith and Charlie added to the mix.

Date: December 7, 2010 12:21

Brue
Mick Taylor solo from 3:05 - 3:35

MT, Ronnie and Keef on tour. Think about it. I know I am. Talk about greatness>

<<< Mick Taylor solo from 3:05 - 3:35 >>>

Indeed, and SDP's solo is pretty inspiring too. I have to say, this performance of Fancy Pants I think demolishes the ones at Ronnie's own Ambassadors Theatre shows a few weeks ago. Hardly surprising really ... what with a bit of 'help' from MT and SDP !!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:24

BradleyJennas
It will be available from SDP's website. But at the moment its only available as a download. Even when it is available from his site, it wont count towards the OCC (Official Charts Company) singles chart, as it isn't recognized.I think the aim is to get the song into the charts now, so its best to get it online.

Well, if you don't fancy the SDP download, you could always get this one...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

An anti-X Factor "supergroup" has recorded its entry in the race for this year's Christmas number one - the sound of silence.

Madness star Suggs and dance acts Orbital and Pendulum were among those who did nothing in a recording studio.

They were recreating composer John Cage's experimental work 4'33" - the sound of musicians not playing.

They hope to emulate Rage Against the Machine, who beat X Factor winner Joe McElderry to number one last year.

Dozens of musicians were present and the campaign - dubbed Cage Against the Machine - currently has 62,000 Facebook fans.

Guillemots frontman Fyfe Dangerfield, Unkle's James Lavelle, Scroobius Pip and Dan Le Sac also took part in the unconventional session.

They were joined by members of The Kooks and Heaven 17 at Dean Street Studios in London.

Paul Epworth, who won the Brit Award for best producer this year, was at the controls to record the four-minute, 33-second "performance".
Rage Against the Machine caused a major chart upset last Christmas

Xfm DJ Eddy Temple-Morris, who helped organise the event, said: "You could hear the odd click of a camera shutter or a creak.

"There were people who were seriously into it, like Matty from The Infadels, who had his guitar and was poised to do a massive power chord, but it just never happened.

"There were people swaying, or putting their lighters up in the air, or headbanging and pretending that they could hear some music and really getting into it.

"It was an emotional, unusual, quite beautiful thing to have so many people in a room and be silent."

Pete Doherty was among those previously named on the line-up who did not turn up.

According to Mr Temple-Morris, Billy Bragg participated on speaker phone from his tour bus while singer-songwriter Imogen Heap recorded her part earlier in the day.

The single will raise money for five charities, including Calm, a service for young men at risk of suicide, and the British Tinnitus Association.

Youth Music, Nordoff Robbins music therapy and Sound & Music, a charity promoting challenging new music and sound art, will also benefit from the proceeds.

The song is 5/1 to be Christmas number one, according to bookmaker William Hill.

But it is still a relative outsider compared with the eventual X Factor winner, who is 4/7 favourite.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:48

I bought the SDP single. I guess the 79p won't help much, but if the single is pushed into the top 40 then Save The 100 Club will get a few mentions on national radio.

Date: December 7, 2010 13:10

Amsterdamned
Imo without Jagger the Stones were burried 30 years ago.
And Jaggers solowork and Taylor's '79 make more sense to me than Keith's let alone Ron's.

Now that's sad, imo. I sincerely hope you'll get Keith's solo stuff one day, let alone music with heart.

Date: December 7, 2010 13:18

DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
Imo without Jagger the Stones were burried 30 years ago.
And Jaggers solowork and Taylor's '79 make more sense to me than Keith's let alone Ron's.

Now that's sad, imo. I sincerely hope you'll get Keith's solo stuff one day, let alone music with heart.

Oh yes, Ive heard it a 100 times, the songwriting is great, talk is cheap is Keith best imo. The execution deserved much better imo..live in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-07 13:18 by Amsterdamned.

Date: December 7, 2010 13:47

Interesting view. I've always considered the TIS-songs much better live.

Date: December 7, 2010 14:04

Keith voice and guitar playing on stage..I don't know
I prefer the studio version .Some great songs,absolutely.
Maybe I pay too much attention to individual craftsmenship.
That's why I like Taylor and Jagger( & his band) more.
Preferring technical ability(jazz/jazzrock/fusion) and being a Stones fan is a bad marriage on this board,
I find it out the "hard way". smiling smiley

Date: December 7, 2010 14:05

Green Lady
BradleyJennas

Well, if you don't fancy the SDP download, you could always get this one...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

An anti-X Factor "supergroup" has recorded its entry in the race for this year's Christmas number one - the sound of silence.

Madness star Suggs and dance acts Orbital and Pendulum were among those who did nothing in a recording studio.

They were recreating composer John Cage's experimental work 4'33" - the sound of musicians not playing.

They hope to emulate Rage Against the Machine, who beat X Factor winner Joe McElderry to number one last year.

Dozens of musicians were present and the campaign - dubbed Cage Against the Machine - currently has 62,000 Facebook fans.

Guillemots frontman Fyfe Dangerfield, Unkle's James Lavelle, Scroobius Pip and Dan Le Sac also took part in the unconventional session.

They were joined by members of The Kooks and Heaven 17 at Dean Street Studios in London.

Paul Epworth, who won the Brit Award for best producer this year, was at the controls to record the four-minute, 33-second "performance".
Rage Against the Machine caused a major chart upset last Christmas

Xfm DJ Eddy Temple-Morris, who helped organise the event, said: "You could hear the odd click of a camera shutter or a creak.

"There were people who were seriously into it, like Matty from The Infadels, who had his guitar and was poised to do a massive power chord, but it just never happened.

"There were people swaying, or putting their lighters up in the air, or headbanging and pretending that they could hear some music and really getting into it.

"It was an emotional, unusual, quite beautiful thing to have so many people in a room and be silent."

Pete Doherty was among those previously named on the line-up who did not turn up.

According to Mr Temple-Morris, Billy Bragg participated on speaker phone from his tour bus while singer-songwriter Imogen Heap recorded her part earlier in the day.

The single will raise money for five charities, including Calm, a service for young men at risk of suicide, and the British Tinnitus Association.

Youth Music, Nordoff Robbins music therapy and Sound & Music, a charity promoting challenging new music and sound art, will also benefit from the proceeds.

The song is 5/1 to be Christmas number one, according to bookmaker William Hill.

But it is still a relative outsider compared with the eventual X Factor winner, who is 4/7 favourite.

I have heard about this!Very interesting idea! Would be much better than the crap we hear on X-Factor and Britains Got Talent!

Although, I don't think SDP is aiming for the christmas number 1. That would bring a huge amount of attention to the club!!! But still, for 79p, its hardly anything to pay to get him as high as we can. Even in the top 40 would be a huge success, and would get it national airplay!

Take a look at the facebook group:
[www.facebook.com]

And the download links are:

Play [www.play.com]

Date: December 7, 2010 14:23

Amsterdamned
Preferring technical ability(jazz/jazzrock/fusion) and being a Stones fan is a bad marriage smiling smiley

...true; it IS a difficult relationship, that one.
But you DO take the complexity of it with style, A'damned! winking smiley

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:04

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-07 16:09 by Green Lady.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home