Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:45

Green Lady
Another possibility if you would like something besides the SDP track: personally I don't know any of these artists, but it might be worth a gamble:

[www.savethe100club.co.uk]

The problem with those is that they are being sold directly from the; "Save The 100 Club" campaign site. Therefore meaning they are not being registered by the OCC.

The second problem is that contrary to popular belief, the "Save The 100 Club" campaign actually has no relation to the club, and is just an unofficial support page.

So if you were to buy one of those tracks, you would only be donating the 79p that you pay for your track... and if the campaign does not reach its target (Which at the moment looks likely) who knows where the money is going to go? Even if they do reach the total, there is no guarantee that the current club owners will sell to them.

The SDP track is official and supported by the club and its owners. The 79p you pay goes directly to the club, and more importantly, its sale is logged by the OCC. The greater the sales, the higher into the charts it could get. And the higher into the charts, the more airplay and attention the club will receive.

Personally I think, even if your not a fan of the SDP track, if your a fan of the club you should download it. You don't even have to listen to it, but your money goes 100% to the club and gives it greater chance of charting.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:47

Fab pics to all of you, and always same discussions and same words, come one enjoy the life and enjoy Mick Taylor, Ronnie and the others, joder!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:09

Must admit I have not heard of any on that 100 Club list,but they are all doing their bit.Shame the bigger names in music are not,(as far as we know).Great credit to the guys on the December 1st gig,but wouldn't it be nice if there was an announcement that several anonymous donations have saved the venue. smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:12

BradleyJennas
Green Lady
Another possibility if you would like something besides the SDP track: personally I don't know any of these artists, but it might be worth a gamble:

The problem with those is that they are being sold directly from the; "Save The 100 Club" campaign site. Therefore meaning they are not being registered by the OCC.

The second problem is that contrary to popular belief, the "Save The 100 Club" campaign actually has no relation to the club, and is just an unofficial support page.

So if you were to buy one of those tracks, you would only be donating the 79p that you pay for your track... and if the campaign does not reach its target (Which at the moment looks likely) who knows where the money is going to go? Even if they do reach the total, there is no guarantee that the current club owners will sell to them.

The SDP track is official and supported by the club and its owners. The 79p you pay goes directly to the club, and more importantly, its sale is logged by the OCC. The greater the sales, the higher into the charts it could get. And the higher into the charts, the more airplay and attention the club will receive.

Personally I think, even if your not a fan of the SDP track, if your a fan of the club you should download it. You don't even have to listen to it, but your money goes 100% to the club and gives it greater chance of charting.

Did not realise that. Post deleted.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: December 7, 2010 18:58

Brue
Mick Taylor solo from 3:05 - 3:35

MT, Ronnie and Keef on tour. Think about it. I know I am. Talk about greatness>

Ah listen to this. i knew it all along. These two together can do some REAL nice weaving. Add Jagger, Watts (Wyman?) and leave Keef home, and hell we got some inspiring fireworks going on on the Rolling Stones strings again,

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: December 7, 2010 19:21

TE
Holy Ghost Pauly
What kind of camera was that??
Looks like everything was working when it comes stage light

Kudos to Pauly - these are some of the most exciting live music photos. Never seen such detail, really excellent.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:47

Claire_M
TE
Holy Ghost Pauly
What kind of camera was that??
Looks like everything was working when it comes stage light

Kudos to Pauly - these are some of the most exciting live music photos. Never seen such detail, really excellent.

Thank you very much indeed, compliment greatly appreciated. Glad you enjoyed them.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:50

BradleyJennas
Green Lady

BradleyJennas ............ is that YOU Mr SDP, sure SOUNDS like you ???????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:31

Thanks for the fabulous pictures Paul.

Date: December 8, 2010 10:15

BradleyJennass alias SDP.Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a possibility. smoking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 8, 2010 10:43

BradleyJennas
... contrary to popular belief, the "Save The 100 Club" campaign actually has no relation to the club, and is just an unofficial support page.

thank you very much indeed for clarifying that - can you give us links where we can download the tune
and have the money support the club? i want a tshirt too, if there are ones whose purchase helps the club!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 8, 2010 13:17

Don't get me wrong - I like and have bought the SDP track.

BradleyJennas posted four or five links to purchase it on the previous page, but I don't know how many of them might work from Poland.

Date: December 8, 2010 13:48

paulywaul
BradleyJennas
Green Lady

BradleyJennas ............ is that YOU Mr SDP, sure SOUNDS like you ???????

Im not quite SDP (Sadly). Although I have met him a few times, the first being when he came to my college (The BRIT School) to do a blues master class in 2007. Since then I have met and spoke to him at a few of his gigs.

I am just a big supporter. I'm 19 and I hate that most people my age have no appreciation for this music. If you went to the gig, you may well have seen me, I was probably the youngest there, which I find really sad. Saying that, its not like being the youngest at a gig is new to me. As a guitar player myself, naturally I go to gigs of my big inspirations.

It’s also in my interest for SDP to do well, because I want that music back into the popular mainstream. I don't want to have to play Indie or Pop for my music to succeed and be popular. I don't want to be all about image for people to like my music. And above all, I don't want the amazing musicianship of the guitarists we all idolize to die, just so overproduced, PR hyped acts can hog the limelight.

I don't want the music I love hearing and playing to die with the generation it currently sits in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 13:49 by BradleyJennas.

Date: December 8, 2010 13:55

Hey Bradleyjennas - that is great to hear. Let's hope that SDP may invite you to be a guest guitarist on one of his future gigs - keep us posted!

Date: December 8, 2010 14:34

That explains it all BradleyJennas.Great to hear what you have to say. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:32

paulywaul
WeLoveYou
Yeah....... I'm glad I was there, it was a fantastic night, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Now - I'd like to preserve the concert for prosperity. We know the BBC have recorded the concert as the below link has some concert sound clips. Also note the pic on the site shows them rehearsing (they're wearing different clothes). The BBC had exclusive access to record the show and do interviews.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So when are we going to hear this on the radio? Or better still, when will there be a TV program? (It was filmed).

Please - everyone - keep your eyes / ears out for this!

Cheers,
WLY

<<< Please - everyone - keep your eyes / ears out for this ! >>>

You bet we will

Ok, I've emailed BBC/6music to ask about a forthcoming broadcast. Don't know if I'll get a reply but will let you all know if I do.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:38

What do "O/N" and "B/B" mean ? (There's that "bb" again...)

Date: December 8, 2010 17:07

schillid
What do "O/N" and "B/B" mean ? (There's that "bb" again...)

Could it refer to which guitar SDP used for certain songs?

The 5 songs above were played from when Ronnie joined the stage. Does anyone know what the songs played before this were, from when Mick T joined the stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 17:08 by WeLoveYou.

Date: December 8, 2010 17:45

"O/N and B/B"?
Probably meaning something changes at the beginning and end of Ronnie's Set?

Date: December 8, 2010 17:57

B/B could be B-Bender....... the modified Tele that Ronnie sometimes plays. Where was the set list stuck down...presumably it was in front of Ronnie as it was his set? Although he didn't play it (he played the old Strat throughout) but I think it was there to one side ready for use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 17:58 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 8, 2010 18:34

Am I the only one who has the impression that Woody is playing much better than Taylor does? It almost seems that Taylor is intimidated by Wood's playing. Ofcourse the pressure is on Taylor, those old Stones fans have made him in some kind of guitar god, a reputation that now seems to shut Taylor down. Maybe I'm wrong, what do you think?

Date: December 8, 2010 19:33

I wouldn't agree thabo. Mick played some good solos at the 100 Club gig. Ronnie on the other hand, although he played well, seemed to be always blending in with the background. I could hardly hear any solos from him. It didn't help that his amp volume was quite low. What I did hear sounded good, he had a great Strat quitar tone - it sounded exactly like the lead guitar tone on the track called " Bare-footin' "

What Ronnie did have though was vibe, and loads of it. He brought the excitement of the Stones to the stage. As a long-time Stones fan, and a fair fan of Ronnie, my opinion of him tripled that night. I'm thinking that I'd love to see him do some gigs again some time.

Mick displayed more talent, but Ronnie had more vibe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 19:39 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 8, 2010 19:40

Thabo, it may have been just this one show, but at this particular occasion I would agree with you. Mick T looked a bit lossed.

Date: December 8, 2010 19:45

I agree Mick seemed a bit lost, but he did still play well. His singing and guitar playing were very pleasant to the ears, my ears in any case. He had the best guitar sound I've heard from him, his singing was good also. He was subdued but subtle shall we say, more laid back.

Date: December 8, 2010 19:55

WeLoveYou
paulywaul
WeLoveYou
Yeah....... I'm glad I was there, it was a fantastic night, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Now - I'd like to preserve the concert for prosperity. We know the BBC have recorded the concert as the below link has some concert sound clips. Also note the pic on the site shows them rehearsing (they're wearing different clothes). The BBC had exclusive access to record the show and do interviews.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So when are we going to hear this on the radio? Or better still, when will there be a TV program? (It was filmed).

Cheers,
WLY

You bet we will

Ok, I've emailed BBC/6music to ask about a forthcoming broadcast. Don't know if I'll get a reply but will let you all know if I do.

I asked them if they recorded the show and have just received the following response:-

<< Hi

No, we didn't record it. A member of 6 music news attended, and filed
this report, but we weren't directly involved in the production or any
recording, if one was being made.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

We're very envious that you were there though!

Best wishes

6 Music Team

Join the official 6 Music Facebook Fan page:
[www.facebook.com]

Talk to 6 music presenters and other listeners on the 6 Music Message
boards [www.bbc.co.uk]

or follow us on Twitter: @Inside6music and @BBC6MusicNews >>

Hmm.. but some snippets at least were recorded as they were included in the report... and I still have a feeling the 6music reporter may have recorded more, perhaps even whole songs..which I guess will not see the light of day.

Oh well. But someone recorded it then - all those cameras. Maybe SDP has something to do with it... Bradley, do you know if a recording has been retained by SDP?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 8, 2010 20:44

Unfortunately this gig won't save the 100 Club despite all the fantastic efforts. Only ££££££ will. Not emotions. Great gig though.

Date: December 9, 2010 15:19

WeLoveYou
WeLoveYou
paulywaul
WeLoveYou

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Cheers,
WLY

You bet we will

I asked them if they recorded the show and have just received the following response:-

<< Hi

No, we didn't record it. A member of 6 music news attended, and filed
this report, but we weren't directly involved in the production or any
recording, if one was being made.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

We're very envious that you were there though!

Best wishes

6 Music Team

Join the official 6 Music Facebook Fan page:
[www.facebook.com]

Talk to 6 music presenters and other listeners on the 6 Music Message
boards [www.bbc.co.uk]

or follow us on Twitter: @Inside6music and @BBC6MusicNews >>

Hmm.. but some snippets at least were recorded as they were included in the report... and I still have a feeling the 6music reporter may have recorded more, perhaps even whole songs..which I guess will not see the light of day.

Oh well. But someone recorded it then - all those cameras. Maybe SDP has something to do with it... Bradley, do you know if a recording has been retained by SDP?

Im not sure who it was filming it. Maybe the club itself had it filmed?

Date: December 9, 2010 16:59

Got it!!! O/N = On Now and B/B =Bye Bye >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:14

Someone have the complete, real, set-list of this show?
Thank you
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-10 09:14 by Sici.

Date: December 10, 2010 14:29

Sici
Someone have the complete, real, set-list of this show?
Thank you
Sici

Do you mean the full show. So all of SDP's set, then SDP + Mick Taylor, then SDP, MT and Chris Barber, then SDP, MT, CB and Ronnie Wood?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home