Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - DVD and movie
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 18, 2010 00:38

kleermaker
mitchflorida
Did anyone notice that in the recent interview that Mick Jagger gives on the DVD bonus part, that he tries to change the subject as soon as Mick Taylor is mentioned? Jagger can't dance away from Taylor fast enough, and suddenly changes the subject to what sort of shirt Taylor was wearing or other trivia. He doesn't want to talk about the Taylor resignation at all.

Jagger just wants to blot it out of his mind, or at least not put any fresh light on the matter.

He's still traumatized by Taylor's quit. Easy to understand. And yes, it has been mentioned before somewhere in this thread.

What a load of bollocks. Utter crap.

But what can we expect....

Mathijs

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:34

kleermaker
mitchflorida
Did anyone notice that in the recent interview that Mick Jagger gives on the DVD bonus part, that he tries to change the subject as soon as Mick Taylor is mentioned? Jagger can't dance away from Taylor fast enough, and suddenly changes the subject to what sort of shirt Taylor was wearing or other trivia. He doesn't want to talk about the Taylor resignation at all.

Jagger just wants to blot it out of his mind, or at least not put any fresh light on the matter.

He's still traumatized by Taylor's quit. Easy to understand. And yes, it has been mentioned before somewhere in this thread.
traumatized .....That's a joke right? You seriously can't believe Mick Taylor leaving the Rolling Stones had the least bit of affect on Jagger at all. He changes the subject because he doesn't give a crap. He's just trying to promote the latest thing he's selling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 02:27 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2010 02:17

Deep in is heart Mick is a Kleermakerer

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2010 15:41

sweetcharmedlife
kleermaker
mitchflorida

traumatized .....That's a joke right? You seriously can't believe Mick Taylor leaving the Rolling Stones had the least bit of affect on Jagger at all. He changes the subject because he doesn't give a crap. He's just trying to promote the latest thing he's selling.
i am with on this one .

Date: October 18, 2010 16:06

Mathijs
kleermaker
mitchflorida

What a load of bollocks. Utter crap.

But what can we expect....

Mathijs

What can we expect when it comes to Mick Taylor being a great gift to the Rolling Stones: Your words again.

Get over it Mathijs. With Taylor the Stones were the greatest R&R band in the world.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2010 16:10

And I agree with that........that's make two

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:43

So if I want to avoid the PAL speedup, I have to get the US/NTSC version, is that correct?!?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:48

>> So if I want to avoid the PAL speedup, I have to get the US/NTSC version, is that correct?!? <<

i think there's only one version: region-free NTSC
anyway that's what amazon.co.uk is selling

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:50

Rank Stranger
So if I want to avoid the PAL speedup, I have to get the US/NTSC version, is that correct?!?

Here in Holland only the NTSC version is available. I think there's only a NTSC version of L&G anyway.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:39

kleermaker
Here in Holland only the NTSC version is available. I think there's only a NTSC version of L&G anyway.

Really, are you sure?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:50

kleermaker
mitchflorida

Jagger talks trivia all round in my opinion, and not just when the subject of Taylor crops up. Critical analysis, or perhaps patting himself on the back, for example, maybe isn't the most tasteful route to take, perhaps, yet one gets the impression that a sense of perspective or of an acknowledgement in terms of musical quality left Jagger years ago, and it's all about big business and vanity these days. Not that it's a bad interview necessarily, but something's lacking on the part of Jagger in my opinion.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:59

He seemed pretty out of it in that interview as well. Like he was struggling to compose his thoughts. Not a good interview.

He did an interview with Absolute Radio earlier this year (video podcast available on iTunes) where he was a lot more together.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:45

kleermaker
mitchflorida

This is nonsense. I just watched the bonus materials last night. Mick was very complimentary of Mick T - when you need a dazzling solo, you just look over and he's there; nice playing on Dead Flowers, very lyrically played, overall a very good performance from him. That's right on the money; what exactly did you want him to say?

Overall, I thought that it was a very good interview by Mick standards, fairly interesting, Mick's never as good as Keith or Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 20:49 by drbryant.

Date: October 18, 2010 20:52

drbryant
kleermaker
mitchflorida

This is nonsense. I just watched the bonus materials last night. Mick was very complimentary of Mick T - when you need a dazzling solo, you just look over and he's there; nice playing on Dead Flowers, very lyrically played, overall a very good performance from him. That's right on the money; what exactly did you want him to say?

Overall, I thought that it was a very good interview by Mick standards, fairly interesting, Mick's never as good as Keith or Charlie.

I prefer Perks. His comments are as dry as a clerk....which he was.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:56

After seeing it at the Theater last week, just bought it and watched it. The Best Movie on The Stones : Yes. Impressive. This is the Album ( 72 / 73) that is missing to the Stones catalog. Everyone is performing at the best they can do. The duo between Keith and Taylor is rock at the peak. Dead Flowers and Love In Vain forever. Which Band can align such a pair like Charlie and Bill !!!. This being said, Twickenham on Four Flicks and Rio on BB are magnificent too.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 18, 2010 23:23

I suppose Mick Jagger looks pretty good for his age, but I would love to see Mick set an example and let his hair go gray . . His hair is too dark for all the wrinkles. I guess he would have to wear his hair short though . . long gray hair is not good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 23:27 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: ShootsWaterRats ()
Date: October 19, 2010 05:26

Slick
anyone complaining about compressed sound on the dvd shouldve bought the blu-ray instead, the lossless dts-hd ma is sweeeeeeeeeeet!

But I wonder if what you're hearing is basically a higher resolution transfer of the same overly-compressed tracks as in the stereo mix? I think you'd have to do an A/B comparison between the stereo mix and 5.1 mix in order to figure out how different they are. (Since I don't have a 5.1 setup, I'm unable to compare them.)

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 05:42

I have the blu-ray with a 7.1 system and I agree with most of the sound critiques already posted. The sound is very ok but not much separation or depth.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 05:49

Mick never talks about anything directly if it relates to a personal relationship. He's a private guy, I don't think it has any bearing on his true feelings about one thing or another. He might be more generous and forthcoming than at other times, but he keeps himself guarded. You don't honestly believe he doesn't remember anything therefore hasn't written a book, do you? Of course he remembers. He just doesn't reveal things. Maybe its his way of keeping some things private because everyone else in his life lays it all out there.
He a little like Aretha. Om her "autobiography", she writes more about how to cook chitlins than about her sessions in Muscle Shoals. They just keep their true selves to themselves and that's admirable in a way in this culture of tell-alls.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 19, 2010 06:31

I'm starting to get the impression that the DVD is out. Had no idea.

Date: October 25, 2010 17:59

i finally got to watch ladies and gentelman ,and let me tell you i was so impressed by the stones in all there glory at there peak on top of the summitt.what a powerful performance .from the opening chord of brown sugar to the closing number street fighting man.for me this is the best stones movie ever, period.highlights for me were bitch(with taylor's les paul and the horns bobby keys on sax and jim price on trumpet)DEAD FLOWERS just rocked so good i still cant stop singing it in my head (powerfull)love in vain , with the mega wonderfull solo of mick taylor's wow oh my god this is what a solo is supposed to sound like,sweet virginia with mick singing those awesome lyrics and once again bobby keys blows the most awesome sax solo ever,midnight rambler with mick's great vocal work and using his belt as a whip on the stage floor and mick taylor's sweet les paul .i could go on and on but i am totally blown away and in sheer AWE at the stones finest moment in my book.i loved the sound quality ,whatever they did(the producers)i tip my hat to them . i liked the old grey whistle interview and i liked the new interview that mick did where he talks about mick taylor's guitar solo (pretty cool)i liked the rehersal footage , to bad there wasnt more of this ,but overall i can not complain .i also understand why this was never released in the first place (damn shame if you ask me )the stones were so stoned out and it was really visible to the naked eye ,but they made such great music. to anyone that has not got this yet ,you are doing a diservice to yourself as a stones fan .

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 25, 2010 18:07

Cool report Greek. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2010 18:20

I liked the bonus material as well

MT's great rhythm playing on Hip Shake is enormous fingers the way he can play the A chord and riff of the chord as keith played in open g capoe at 2nd fret key of A

On TD - you can see MT working out his live solo and not to piss off keith . Jaggers face expression on MT solo he was really grooving on it.

I wish they included loving cup on the bonus material

play that guitar boy

Date: October 25, 2010 19:05

OpenG
I liked the bonus material as well

MT's great rhythm playing on Hip Shake is enormous fingers the way he can play the A chord and riff of the chord as keith played in open g capoe at 2nd fret key of A

On TD - you can see MT working out his live solo and not to piss off keith . Jaggers face expression on MT solo he was really grooving on it.

I wish they included loving cup on the bonus material

play that guitar boy
agree about loving cup.

Date: October 25, 2010 19:46

Well, here's an interview with Taylor about (his time in) The Rolling Stones. It's from 2001, done by a Duch radio reporter without any interview experience. But it's interesting though. I stumbled across it a couple of days ago.

And after all the talking we'd like to hear some Stones music, don't we?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2010 20:54

I can not believe MT would say that his best time musically was with his work with Dylan

play that guitar boy

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 25, 2010 22:07

kleermaker
Well, here's an interview with Taylor about (his time in) The Rolling Stones. It's from 2001, done by a Duch radio reporter without any interview experience. But it's interesting though. I stumbled across it a couple of days ago.

And after all the talking we'd like to hear some Stones music, don't we?

hello kleermarker,

cool stuff, thx. but from which source is this amazing solo, starting approx. at 4:05 (love in vain)? sounds like stones, but i never heard it. thx in advance!

Date: October 26, 2010 01:52

muenke

hello kleermarker,

cool stuff, thx. but from which source is this amazing solo, starting approx. at 4:05 (love in vain)? sounds like stones, but i never heard it. thx in advance!

It's indeed the Stones, 1972 NYC MSG, July 26, from one of those partly soundboard boots with that show.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 26, 2010 10:19

kleermaker
muenke

hello kleermarker,

It's indeed the Stones, 1972 NYC MSG, July 26, from one of those partly soundboard boots with that show.

Cool, thanks. I donĀ“t doubt that this was posted here in this great forum. Can you give me a link or the name of that boot (perhaps "Welcome to NEw York"?).

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 26, 2010 10:32

can someone who has the DVD release please tell me if there's been any editing of the original movie, any overdubs, any new mixing of the audio ??

The snippet of Sweet Virginia taken from the recent Exile doco (taken from the L&G movie) sounds like Keith is alot louder in the mix...?

thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home