Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: The Promise: Bruce
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2010 22:39

HBO will be presenting the making of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" October 8.

The trailors look great as clips depict 60 randomly collaborations considered for production. There are many home video shots with Stevie and Bruce creating material for the album & all E Street members are involved. The release is dedicated to RIP Feddera and is a must watch for all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-25 23:55 by Chris Fountain.

Re: OT: The Promise: Bruce
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 26, 2010 04:57

Can't wait! If it's as good as the "Born To Run" "making of" DVD it will be great.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 26, 2010 06:20

71Tele
Can't wait! If it's as good as the "Born To Run" "making of" DVD it will be great.
Should be even better from everything I'm hearing.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 26, 2010 10:53

i'm probably just getting the 2cd set of unreleased tunes

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:45

and the next is THE RIVER!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2010 15:01

Wouldnt hold your breath for that one, but it would certainly be a great release.

Main drawback is that very few 'River' shows were professionally filmed.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 27, 2010 15:59

Gazza
Wouldnt hold your breath for that one, but it would certainly be a great release.

Yeah, it's a shame about that. God knows how long it'll be before The River gets the deluxe treatment, ditto Nebraska ...

Date: September 27, 2010 16:06

Nikolai
Gazza

Yeah, it's a shame about that. God knows how long it'll be before The River gets the deluxe treatment, ditto Nebraska ...

it´s in the works right now and will appear sooner as you think, think of the dozens of outtakes!!!

Date: September 28, 2010 01:39

It is?

Landau said just a few days ago that the lack of video footage would be a problem.

The outtakes though would be sensational. I think he cut close to 100 songs for that record.

Its taken a couple of years for them to finally get this thing together. If they have a lot of work to do on a 'River' project in terms of restoring video, that might be quite a long process too.

And, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary of the release of the biggest selling record of his career - unfortunately, whilst it also has a slew of outtakes that are far superior to the album they released, I think we'll be more like to see a Born In The USA deluxe than a River one.

Really hope I'm wrong, however.

The much-rumoured but never heard 'Electric Nebraska' is the one I'd love to hear, though. Maybe that'll be a 'Tracks 2' candidate.

Date: September 28, 2010 01:44

I'm more interested in the fact that Max Wienberg announced he won't be joining Conan O'Brien as bandleader when he starts his new show in Nov. Means he's free to tour with Bruce. I know their are no current tour plans. But Bruce has got to be ready to get back on the road. I know I'm ready for him.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 4, 2010 22:27

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 5, 2010 03:56

zzz. every song the same

Date: October 5, 2010 05:57

mickscarey
zzz. every song the same
If I cared what you thought. I'd just wipe my ass and look at the results. It would be more insightful than one of your posts.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 5, 2010 06:40

"Darkness," "The River," "Nebraska"...Bruce absolutely at his peak....

Date: October 6, 2010 10:03

Gazza
It is?

Landau said just a few days ago that the lack of video footage would be a problem.

The outtakes though would be sensational. I think he cut close to 100 songs for that record.

Its taken a couple of years for them to finally get this thing together. If they have a lot of work to do on a 'River' project in terms of restoring video, that might be quite a long process too.

And, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary of the release of the biggest selling record of his career - unfortunately, whilst it also has a slew of outtakes that are far superior to the album they released, I think we'll be more like to see a Born In The USA deluxe than a River one.

The much-rumoured but never heard 'Electric Nebraska' is the one I'd love to hear, though. Maybe that'll be a 'Tracks 2' candidate.

I don´t think that we will get a tracks 2. because of the Promise & the following boxes of River & Born. the next tracks, if possible & i don´t belive it, would be more specific then, like a bootleg series.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 6, 2010 16:07

keefriffhard4life

Exactly. After having been disappointed by the uber-deluxe Exile remaster, I intend to stick with the outtake set only. I have Darkness on 1/2 speed master vinyl and I'm confident they'll not be able to top it with the new release. I'll listen to one belonging to a friend but I have my doubts.

Moreover, this set, because of all the bric-a-brac, is going to cost twice as much as the BTR reissue box. I LOVED Darkness from the day it came out but not enough to spend $130 on an album I can recite in my sleep just so I can look at facsimiles of Bruce's original notes. The DVD sounds interesting... once.

As goes the old saying (especially true after the Exile big-box), "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 6, 2010 16:47

Looking forward to this. Thought the BTR boxset was excellent.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 6, 2010 17:02

Really looks and sounds promising...

Date: October 6, 2010 20:06

bluesinc.
Gazza
It is?

I don´t think that we will get a tracks 2. because of the Promise & the following boxes of River & Born. the next tracks, if possible & i don´t belive it, would be more specific then, like a bootleg series.

The thing is that 'Tracks' specifically consisted of leftovers from released albums. One school of thought for a 'Tracks 2' project has been that it could consist of material recorded for albums which never actually came out at all.

Plus, there's also the fact that since 'Tracks' came out in 1998, Bruce has released five studio albums.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 6, 2010 20:34

sweetcharmedlife
mickscarey
zzz. every song the same
If I cared what you thought. I'd just wipe my ass and look at the results. It would be more insightful than one of your posts.

I find his 'music' extremely repetitive and mundane

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 6, 2010 23:12

I'm one of the few who thinks "Tunnel of Love" was one of his best records.

Date: October 6, 2010 23:27

trainarollin
I don't know if it was one of his best. But it was pretty damn good.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 6, 2010 23:31

sweetcharmedlife
trainarollin
I don't know if it was one of his best. But it was pretty damn good.

Agree, and the vinyl version has great sound.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 7, 2010 00:25

Tunnel of Love has a nice clean and smooth sound.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 7, 2010 00:44

mickscarey
sweetcharmedlife
mickscarey
zzz. every song the same

I find his 'music' extremely repetitive and mundane
i feel the same way about your messages.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: October 7, 2010 01:23

R
keefriffhard4life

Exactly. After having been disappointed by the uber-deluxe Exile remaster, I intend to stick with the outtake set only. I have Darkness on 1/2 speed master vinyl and I'm confident they'll not be able to top it with the new release. I'll listen to one belonging to a friend but I have my doubts.

Moreover, this set, because of all the bric-a-brac, is going to cost twice as much as the BTR reissue box. I LOVED Darkness from the day it came out but not enough to spend $130 on an album I can recite in my sleep just so I can look at facsimiles of Bruce's original notes. The DVD sounds interesting... once.

As goes the old saying (especially true after the Exile big-box), "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I also have the Darkness 1/2 speed. It's the best sounding version of Darkness. The standard vinyl (I had both the UK and Japanese first pressings) sounded a tad muddy. I think the album needs remixing - as does all of Bruce's pre-BITUSA catalogue.

The BTR remaster sounded terrific. I'm sure the Darkness remaster will sound as good. It can't sound worse than the original CD.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: October 8, 2010 04:20

Chris Fountain
HBO will be presenting the making of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" October 8.

The trailors look great as clips depict 60 randomly collaborations considered for production. There are many home video shots with Stevie and Bruce creating material for the album & all E Street members are involved. The release is dedicated to RIP Feddera and is a must watch for all.

It's on ONDEMAND starting the 8th, the showing on HBO proper is tonight, Thursday the 7th.

It will be repeated, but thanks a lot, I almost missed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-08 04:24 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 8, 2010 05:53

I just watched and thought it was great. Springsteen's faith and commitment to his art won the day when the future picture for him was anything but clear (let alone bright). There was some interesting illumination from Patti Smith regarding "Because The Night". Had the record come out in the CD era, I am sure "Because The Night" would have been on it, giving the album yet another powerhouse song to go along with "Badlands", "Prove It All Night" and "The Promised Land". The part about how they spent days in the studio just trying to get a good drum sound was also fascinating.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: October 8, 2010 14:58

Trying to rip up a colleague who got a promo CD DVD combo of the box a couple of days back. Saw only the DVD and it has some GREAT material, there's the LOOOOONG trailer for The Promise but more important songs from the Vault including Houston 77 footage which is amazing, the Asbury Park Darkness 2008 show which is beautifully sober filmed and not to mention footage from the Phoenix 78 show that will blow your mind. The CD has 5 tracks including superior Promise to the Tracks version as well as his new (promo) single that is clearly re-recorded or at least the vocals is. This is an example how bands can brush up their album sales in these bad times for the Music Industry. Any fan would love a box like this.

they took a long time to complete this Anniversary box that was already planned for 2008 so the River''s 30th can easily be released in 2012 so 2014 can be reserved for Born in the USA that came forth from Nebreska and these sessions so that one could easily include the Electric nebreska album!!! :-)

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: October 8, 2010 19:42

Loved it! Darkness is far and away my favorite Boss recording. I could have easily watched another hour of material.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home