Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - this Thursday - hey San Franciscans let's meet!
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 14, 2010 15:24

Now I am jealous ,swiss .You're going to meet sweetcharmedlife .winking smiley
btw,e-mail me your new phone number ,please.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 14, 2010 18:57

SwayStones
Hers or mine?winking smiley

Swiss I believe ChrisM said he was going to be in Japan around this time.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 14, 2010 19:06

sweetcharmedlife
SwayStones
Hers or mine?winking smiley
swiss' phone number of course ,SCL ,sorry I wasn't more accurate :-)))

But well,to be honest ,I must confess I do prefer American accent rather than British one .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 14, 2010 21:34

hi Sway - I'll email you my phone number - wish you were here!

Thanks for the intel on ChrisM.

- swiss

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 14, 2010 21:39

Have fun, you SFers!

Date: September 15, 2010 07:30

71Tele
Have fun, you SFers!

We sure will - and you too in Seattle!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:48

anyone know if stonestod is invited?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:22

T&A
yes he is my guest. where have you been at gitmo?

Date: September 15, 2010 18:27

The Greek
T&A

searching for the meaning of life. i found it, but it turned out to be a fake. the search continues....

Date: September 15, 2010 19:17

The Greek
T&A

Sorry if a lame question, but are you guys all in San Francisco? invited/guest to what? smiling smiley

swiss

Date: September 15, 2010 19:33

swiss
The Greek
T&A

Sorry if a lame question, but are you guys all in San Francisco? invited/guest to what? smiling smiley

swiss
FYI swiss. Stonestod and T&A is the same person and The Greek doesn't live here,he's just Tod's biggest fan.eye rolling smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 19:51

sweetcharmedlife
swiss
The Greek
T&A

swiss
FYI swiss. Stonestod and T&A is the same person and The Greek doesn't live here,he's just Tod's biggest fan.eye rolling smiley

FYI swiss. SCL has had his nose up all of our butts for a few years now. cheers, mate.

Date: September 15, 2010 20:22

Don't flatter yourself mate.

Date: September 15, 2010 20:32

t'ain't nothing flattering about it

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:07

sweetcharmedlife
swiss
The Greek
T&A

swiss
is that a crime? are you jealous?

Date: September 17, 2010 02:49

Hi... so sweetcharmedlife is staying closer to where he lives (a bit outside SF) and I am checking one last time whether anyone from iorr in SF is going to this tonight?

thanks!
swiss

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 17, 2010 03:51

swiss, I am in Marin...and it is playing in Mill Valley. I have a whole bunch of friends and some of their kids coming to the film. I have a few friends who will go to the film in SF, but they don't post on iorr. Have a good time, it's time travel and more!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 17, 2010 03:58

Gee, I wish I was up in the bay area for this, I should have planned my trips better.

Date: September 17, 2010 19:53

BluzDude
Gee, I wish I was up in the bay area for this, I should have planned my trips better.
Yes you should of.winking smiley

Date: September 17, 2010 19:58

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

How was it SCL? smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2010 22:16

swiss
sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

How was it SCL? smiling smiley
It was good. The sound wasn't so hot and not many people there. But loved the performance.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 18, 2010 02:41

I could care less about YouTube.Life would go on without it.

Date: September 18, 2010 05:35

Midnight Toker

um...

ok then!

anyone else make it to the flick last night? smiling smiley

Date: September 18, 2010 07:10

Midnight Toker
Wrong thread perhaps? [" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.iorr.org]

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - DVD and movie
Posted by: oldfool ()
Date: September 20, 2010 03:37

oldfool
mickijaggeroo
oldfool
mickijaggeroo
Before the actual showing of the movie last night, a woman came on to tell us, that they unfortunately had´nt received the 5.1 version, and that those who wished to leave and get a refund could do so in the first half hour. No one did, even though it was in mono. However, it clearly showed the upgrade was´nt done for cinemas, as the picture was not much better than my versions on numerous boots. So I suspect the remastering was done for TV-screens, as the samples in the Exile doc looked excellent on my 46`. Seems Sweden is the only country that´ll show the movie for 5 days in a row.

Which movie theater was this? I hope it wasn't Bio Rio...

This was in Göteborg. Sad to say that the Vikings that attended the movie in Stockholm left after a while, since the manager refused to increase the volume. So the volume was not higher than a regular movie. And the sound was crap too, they say.

I called Bio Rio here in Stockholm now. They have decreased the ticket price as the copy they got is not surround, only stereo. They also told me to keep the ticket so I can see it again for free if they get the surround version.

As for the volume, they can't turn it up more because of neighbours complaining.

Saw it last night. Capacity 194. Attendance 11. Two left, three fell asleep. Probably because the volume was so low. I asked beforehand and they said their maximum volume allowed is 82dB. That's very low.

I also asked about which media they were playing. They said they received a 2K version on HD from the UK and transferred it to their server.

The picture was better than the boots I've seen, but I wouldn't call it good. I think the main problem is that they used a lot of red lights in the show which makes it hard to focus.

The sound was said to be in stereo, but perceived as mono. Wasn't any better than the boots. Seems the only two sound sources the mixer liked were Keith's guitar and Mick's vocals.

Mick Taylor looked awfully bored throughout, sad to say. Most of the show is truly amazing anyway, although they stumble really hard here and there.

As for the ticket price, they had lowered it because it wasn't surround. The girl I spoke to on the phone asked if I had a discount flyer. When I said no, she said not to worry, there were some in the foyer. So the end price for me was 30SEK, roughly $4. That's OK, but I'd rather have paid full price and experienced it in surround.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 20, 2010 14:39

Well, I can't wait for the DVD for the better sound and mix...will hopefully sound great on decent headphones.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 19:18

<<Mick Taylor looked awfully bored throughout, sad to say.>>

Not enough showtime for you? Did he SOUND bored? During Bitch or DF or LIV? Were his fingers not moving fast enough for you during GS or YCAGWYW? Or on any of the rockers? What about Wyman? Or Charlie? Part of the band's "charm" at the time was its blase persona in the midst of the storm. No encores. Jagger says "Good night" and they are gone. Movement is a matter of degree. During the first (slide) solo on LIV Taylor shakes his head in time with his slide when he hits the exact tone he wants. And its thrilling to watch. Actually, I thought Taylor was animated during much of these performances, for him. Bored? No. Not yet.

Posted by: oldfool ()
Date: September 20, 2010 19:49

pmk251

Not enough showtime for you? Did he SOUND bored? During Bitch or DF or LIV? Were his fingers not moving fast enough for you during GS or YCAGWYW? Or on any of the rockers? What about Wyman? Or Charlie? Part of the band's "charm" at the time was its blase persona in the midst of the storm. No encores. Jagger says "Good night" and they are gone. Movement is a matter of degree. During the first (slide) solo on LIV Taylor shakes his head in time with his slide when he hits the exact tone he wants. And its thrilling to watch. Actually, I thought Taylor was animated during much of these performances, for him. Bored? No. Not yet.

I'm not talking about the way he moved, I'm talking about his facial expression. His eyes. To me he looked like he longed to be somewhere else. But that's just my opinion. The girlfriend thought he looked cool.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 20, 2010 20:52

oldfool
pmk251

I'm not talking about the way he moved, I'm talking about his facial expression. His eyes. To me he looked like he longed to be somewhere else. But that's just my opinion. The girlfriend thought he looked cool.

Then you obviously missed the close-up shot of his face during MR (the only time he was filmed during that song) and also his smile when Jagger introduced Charlie. And probably a lot of other shots of Taylor. Or perhaps you mix up playing with concentration (for example during LIV) with being bored. Anyway, a strange observation in my eyes.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 20, 2010 20:54

BORED CRAZY no way - Keith has to SHUT HIM DOWN MT ON TB - HE was into the show. watch him on BYE BYE JoHN and all his other solos . His blusey melodic solo on GS his body expression fit the solo. watch it again. but you cares about what you see - ITS what you ear at the end that matters not what you see

play that guitar boy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home