Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Keith at NYC Public Library October 29
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 12, 2010 15:41

wydraman
For $40, you can sign up to be a "friend of the library" which grants you access to a presale for the tickets. I got an email from the library saying that they would go on sale a month before the event date, with a presale before that. I also read on their site that all events are book signings unless noted. I havent seen anything that says it isn't a book signing, so i'm leaning towards it being one. It also looks like the capacity of the room is 500, so a signing would be able to be accomplished? Sounds fun.

please post the link for this. thanks.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 13, 2010 01:08

little queenie
wow...i need to check back in with IORR more often...i got out of the compulsive habit!

Damn. It really is a compulsive habit, isn't it. thankfully this is the only one for me, but I'm going to need to train myself out of it, because I don't like compulsive habits.

otoh...it is nice to keep abreast of news like Keith and NYPL! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 23, 2010 04:10

just got an email that there's going to be a presale for these tickets for "Friends of the Library", ($40.00) and then those tix will be $15 each.

What if this gig is sold out just to the friends of library presale?

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: cjmcpa ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:41

Do you know when pre-sale is?? Thanks!

Date: September 24, 2010 23:00

UPDATE - Friday Sept 24th 4pm EST (UTC - 5 hours)

Tickets for Keith at NYPL were supposed to go on sale today but I have heard 2 different--and compatible--stories.

sources: (1) representative at the ticket vender and (2) NYPL employee involved with event

- NYPL originally planned for this to be a 500-person event and are now rethinking that - whether it will possibly be larger, and if so picking which space in the library is most appropriate. Also, they're still figuring out how many comps they're going to give away vs. pre-sale vs regular sale.

- public tickets will go on sale in 2 weeks; pre-sale might be sometime next week. All TBD.

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 23:03 by swiss.

Date: September 25, 2010 06:10

swiss

Tickets for Keith at NYPL were supposed to go on sale today but I have heard 2 different--and compatible--stories.

sources: (1) representative at the ticket vender and (2) NYPL employee involved with event

- NYPL originally planned for this to be a 500-person event and are now rethinking that - whether it will possibly be larger, and if so picking which space in the library is most appropriate. Also, they're still figuring out how many comps they're going to give away vs. pre-sale vs regular sale.

- public tickets will go on sale in 2 weeks; pre-sale might be sometime next week. All TBD.

- swiss

the ticket vendor is showclix.com as far as I knew, they had "no' information. The NYPL employee that I spoke to named Steve works in the friends of the library office at NYPL and told me that presale will be next week and an eblast email will go out - best to get on the email list for that.

He also said being a friend of the library for $40 doesn't guarantee you a shot at the presale. These are gonna be harder to come by than Stones concert tickets!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 25, 2010 06:13

marchbaby
swiss

- swiss

the ticket vendor is showclix.com as far as I knew, they had "no' information.

yup, that's who theyare, but as I say above, I received information from them, so people don't need to really keep calling them.

Date: September 25, 2010 06:20

swiss
marchbaby
swiss

- swiss

yup, that's who theyare, but as I say above, I received information from them, so people don't need to really keep calling them.

it's funny how you got totally different information than I did from showclix.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 25, 2010 06:53

marchbaby
swiss
marchbaby
swiss

- swiss

yup, that's who they are, but as I say above, I received information from them, so people don't need to really keep calling them.

howja know which information I got from showclix and which from NYPL? winking smiley I just didn't mention all the details about signing up on email list etc because it had already been covered earlier in this thread.

Date: September 25, 2010 15:09

swiss
marchbaby
swiss
marchbaby
swiss

- swiss

yup, that's who they are, but as I say above, I received information from them, so people don't need to really keep calling them.

howja know which information I got from showclix and which from NYPL? winking smiley I just didn't mention all the details about signing up on email list etc because it had already been covered earlier in this thread.

just an educated guess, I've been talking to both parties for the last month on a weekly basis, now it's down to a biweekly basis as the event gets closer. If I am blessed enough to even get a pair of these tickets, it will make my entire year! Right now I want this more than a stones concert..I know you are a librarian, I am just your average avid reader, I live for my public library system, I let my books go overdue just so I can pay them the fees incurred so they can use the money that they so desperately need.

Now I've just convinced myself to become a friend of NYPL, get on the mailing list, and hopefully take part in the presale which you mention may be next weeksmiling bouncing smiley.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 27, 2010 16:40

Any news on pre-sale?? --- anyone get any emails?

Date: September 27, 2010 20:15

cjmcpa
Any news on pre-sale?? --- anyone get any emails?

I called my friend Steven at the friends of the NY library office at the NY library, presale and general public sale being delayed a week or so. Reason, Keef's manager/agent is still communicating with the organizers.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 27, 2010 20:26

Thanks for the update - appreciate it! I was told by NYPL staff that a presale is definite, but no word on when...

Date: September 28, 2010 00:17

cjmcpa
Thanks for the update - appreciate it! I was told by NYPL staff that a presale is definite, but no word on when...

yes it is definite, and you are eligible if you are a friend of the library ($40)
then your tix cost you $15 each and no service fees.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Keith At The Library
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: September 29, 2010 22:36

Anybody know why the tickets for Keith did not go on sale today?

When will they if they haven't already?

LMK,

Kris

Re: Keith At The Library
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 29, 2010 22:38

here's the thread where people have been sharing what they know about it: [www.iorr.org]

Date: September 30, 2010 01:40

cjmcpa

They're still working out details like which venue at the library to hold it, how many tix will be for sale, for presale, and given away as comps.

- swiss

Date: October 1, 2010 00:24

swiss
cjmcpa

They're still working out details like which venue at the library to hold it, how many tix will be for sale, for presale, and given away as comps.

- swiss

I wrote to NYPL this morning about tix sale status, here's the response I got:
================================================================================
Thank you very much for your email.

We will have the information next week! Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Annie Moret, Intern
LIVE from the NYPL
The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue & 42nd Street,
New York, N.Y. 10018
P. 212 930 0855 F. 212 930 0914
www.nypl.org/live

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 1, 2010 08:57

thanks for continuing to check...i hope they don't change the date. i want to go down to DC afterward...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 5, 2010 19:47

Anyone have any further news on this?

Thanks!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 6, 2010 02:27

I check the NYPL website a few times per day.... nothing yet.

Date: October 6, 2010 05:47

marchbaby
swiss
cjmcpa

- swiss

I wrote to NYPL this morning about tix sale status, here's the response I got:
================================================================================
Thank you very much for your email.

We will have the information next week! Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Annie Moret, Intern
LIVE from the NYPL
The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue & 42nd Street,
New York, N.Y. 10018
P. 212 930 0855 F. 212 930 0914
www.nypl.org/live

I emailed same girl yesterday, got same response, only it will be "this week", or next week. Damn, I'm leaving for a cruise on the 14th, I hope to get 2 tickets before that! Also called NY library office, they had no info.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 6, 2010 12:52

He will be in London on October 28th to do interviews with European press. (German, Dutch I belivee)
So he's probably flying in on a night flight from London to NYC.
Wish I could be at the library...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 6, 2010 17:29

marchbaby
Damn, I'm leaving for a cruise on the 14th, I hope to get 2 tickets before that!

Oh cool! What ship?

Date: October 7, 2010 23:32

>>>> Any word about pre-sale ? The girl at NYPL must be tired of hearing from me - she has not gotten back to me the last 2 days...

Feels like waiting for the Glimmers to take the stage ----

Date: October 8, 2010 04:08

CindyC
marchbaby
Damn, I'm leaving for a cruise on the 14th, I hope to get 2 tickets before that!

Oh cool! What ship?

Hi Cindy

Leaving on the Carnival Miracle, sails from NYC on the 14th, 5pm, returns on the 16th cruise to nowhere....partying...gambling...drinking, etc. relax,
going with two gal pals.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 8, 2010 04:11

cjmcpa
>>>> Any word about pre-sale ? The girl at NYPL must be tired of hearing from me - she has not gotten back to me the last 2 days...

I called today, several times, at the LIVE phone number. Got machine each time.
Called NY Friends library office, they have no information.
Keith's manager still in talks with library.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 8, 2010 08:57

marchbaby
cjmcpa

we might want to consider letting the nice library people make their announcement, as they keep telling us they will, when they have more info...?

Date: October 8, 2010 14:06

swiss
marchbaby
cjmcpa

we might want to consider letting the nice library people make their announcement, as they keep telling us they will, when they have more info...?

As Tom Petty sang "The Waiting is the Hardest Part"

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 13, 2010 05:16

Still no news on the sale of these tickets as of today. I contacted Live@nypl.org and the library office by telephone.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home