Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Keith at NYC Public Library October 29
Posted by: cjmcpa ()
Date: October 13, 2010 19:11

>>>>Just got this email:

Thank you for contacting ShowClix Ticketing Customer Care Department. We apologize for the inconvenience but on-sale dates and times have yet to be confirmed by the NYPL for Keith Richards tickets. The NYPL was not able to confirm an actual date as for when tickets will be released into our system, for this we apologize. This particular event is completely controlled by the NYPL and they have not provided us with any upcoming information as to when tickets will be going on sale.

The NYPL have specifically requested that for those customers interested in upcoming on-sale dates and times to subscribe to their NYPL E-Newsletter by visiting this link - [connect.nypl.org] or by calling 212-930-0855 for further updated information. As of right now this is the only way customers can receive upcoming information on how to obtain Keith Richards tickets. Tickets are not available for sale at this time. When they do become available they will be available exclusively through www.showclix.com

We appreciate your time and patience, have a great day!

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 13, 2010 20:26

cjmcpa
>>>>Just got this email:

Thank you for contacting ShowClix Ticketing Customer Care Department. We apologize for the inconvenience but on-sale dates and times have yet to be confirmed by the NYPL for Keith Richards tickets. The NYPL was not able to confirm an actual date as for when tickets will be released into our system, for this we apologize. This particular event is completely controlled by the NYPL and they have not provided us with any upcoming information as to when tickets will be going on sale.

The NYPL have specifically requested that for those customers interested in upcoming on-sale dates and times to subscribe to their NYPL E-Newsletter by visiting this link - [connect.nypl.org] or by calling 212-930-0855 for further updated information. As of right now this is the only way customers can receive upcoming information on how to obtain Keith Richards tickets. Tickets are not available for sale at this time. When they do become available they will be available exclusively through www.showclix.com

We appreciate your time and patience, have a great day!

cjmcpa,
Thank you for contacting showclix customer service and for posting this information. I now have my husband signed u to receive the E-Blasts from Live@nypl.org as I am leaving tomorrow for a two day cruise and will not be home until the 16th. Hopefully if they go on sale, he can buy me a pair of tickets.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 13, 2010 20:36

Marchbaby -- no problem -- enjoy your cruise!!! 2 weeks to Keef!

Date: October 14, 2010 19:47

>>>Just got this info from NYPL staff:

We've been told that the tickets will go on sale next week.

- All tickets, whether they are purchased through Showclix or reserved internally through LIVE (for development) are paid for and are part of a ticket package that includes a copy of the Keith Richards book. The price is $58 for general admission ticket packages and $45 for Friends, donors, VIP ticket packages.
- There is a two-ticket limit for all presale and general admission tickets through Showclix.
- Being a friend of the Library does not guarantee patrons will get pre-sale tickets.
- The Keith Richards program will be telecast in real time, as all LIVE from the NYPL programs are, through FORA.tv. We are currently collaborating with partner institutions who will screen the program, live, for public audiences.
- Keith Richards will be pre-signing books. There will be no book signing the evening of the program.

For more information you could talk to staff at the office that's arranged the event - Live from the NYPL:
212-930-0855 or live@nypl.org

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 15, 2010 04:23

thanks for this info! i called the library and talked to steven again, just hearing next week...and him thinking that the date would still be the 29th.

i guess i should just go ahead and buy my plane tickets?? the price has probably already gone up for those too...

Posted by: daisypetals ()
Date: October 15, 2010 06:32

Just signed up to thank you all for the great info. I became a friend just on the chance I could get a ticket and if not it was still for a greater good. I will go to New York on the 29th ticket or not. Hopefully ticket...

Date: October 15, 2010 14:11

Same here - heading to NYC on the 29th no matter what .... If anyone gets 2 tickets,and they need just 1...lets share... For the love of Keef! wwkd?

Posted by: BH ()
Date: October 17, 2010 05:49

Was in the library this a.m. Got a security guy to open the Bartos room for me. Very nice room as is the whole library. Sign on the wall inside said room capacity is 510 people.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 17, 2010 22:41

From Examiner.com:

Richards will be doing a select number of interviews to promote "Life." (Stay tuned for more updates.) He will do a rare public Q&A on October 29, 2010, at the New York Public Library's historic Ffith Avenue location in midtown Manhattan. Tickets are needed for admission — and not surprisingly, the tickets sold out quickly.

This is clearly b.s., right?

Date: October 18, 2010 01:11

Just looked at the article. It was written on Oct 8.

See all posts above. There's still hope.

Date: October 18, 2010 02:17

JuanTCB
From Examiner.com:

Richards will be doing a select number of interviews to promote "Life." (Stay tuned for more updates.) He will do a rare public Q&A on October 29, 2010, at the New York Public Library's historic Ffith Avenue location in midtown Manhattan. Tickets are needed for admission — and not surprisingly, the tickets sold out quickly.

This is clearly b.s., right?

absolute bullsh*t. I've contacted NYPL.org on an almost daily basis since Aug 30th plus showclix.com and there has been no word as to when they will be on sale.

I'M HOPING THIS WEEK IS THE WEEK FOR THE TICKETS!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 18, 2010 03:53

cjmcpa

- All tickets, whether they are purchased through Showclix or reserved internally through LIVE (for development) are paid for and are part of a ticket package that includes a copy of the Keith Richards book. The price is $58 for general admission ticket packages and $45 for Friends, donors, VIP ticket packages.
- There is a two-ticket limit for all presale and general admission tickets through Showclix.
- Being a friend of the Library does not guarantee patrons will get pre-sale tickets.
- The Keith Richards program will be telecast in real time, as all LIVE from the NYPL programs are, through FORA.tv. We are currently collaborating with partner institutions who will screen the program, live, for public audiences.
- Keith Richards will be pre-signing books. There will be no book signing the evening of the program.

For more information you could talk to staff at the office that's arranged the event - Live from the NYPL:
212-930-0855 or [email protected]

THANKS FOR POSTING ABOUT THIS!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2010 05:33

Pre-signed books?

I wonder what the chances are of getting one if you are not in attendance at the library?

Date: October 18, 2010 16:33

I heard they are having security issues and thats why the tickets have not gone on sale yet. Since the gig is next week they should have the details sorted out by now! Tickets will sell out in a NY minute and I'm afraid if I am not logged on the second they go on sale, I'll miss out. If we just knew exactly WHEN they were going on sale then we can be ready!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 18, 2010 16:55

BitchKeepsBitchin
I heard they are having security issues and thats why the tickets have not gone on sale yet. Since the gig is next week they should have the details sorted out by now! Tickets will sell out in a NY minute and I'm afraid if I am not logged on the second they go on sale, I'll miss out. If we just knew exactly WHEN they were going on sale then we can be ready!

Wish y'all luck in scoring tickets, gonna be a tough gig to get into I suspect. Fingers crossed for ya.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 18, 2010 16:58

Ack!!! I'm feeling the stress of the ticket buy already and it hasn't even started yet. I said I wouldn't get my hopes up, but someone they did anyway. I think I'm going to be a very sad girl.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: October 18, 2010 17:13

So discouraging that we all tried to follow the rules we were given and in the end, a select few are going to be able to even find out about the sale, much less participate.

"Me, I'm waiting so patiently
Lying on the floor
I'm just trying to do this jig-saw puzzle
Before it rains anymore"

Date: October 18, 2010 17:39

Just called and emailed - will happen "this week" got this:

Sorry, but information has yet to be confirmed by the Library. We have been informed to alert subscribers of the nypl's e-newsletter to stay tuned for updated info being sent out this week by an email blast.

Unfortunately this is all I have for you!

Thanks for your time and patience,

Customer Care
ShowClix, Inc.

Posted by: sodapopcurtis ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:04

cjmcpa

212-930-0855 or [email protected]

Is the above coming from the NYPL email blast? or direct in a response to an inquiry?

the reason that i am asking is tha I signed up as a "Friend" last month, and signed up for the e-mails and I have not recieved any (of any kind) since I signed up. I even verify under "my account" that I have all boxes checked.

thanks

Date: October 18, 2010 19:15

I have also become a friend and signed up for email from the NYPL. I have received approx 2 emails for other events.

If you're not getting any email, try the friends email friends@nypl.org and ask why.

Date: October 18, 2010 19:31

Info above per an email to showclix, not the nypl e-blasts.
I rec's a couple of their emails last week.
You need to call or email NYPL Live office and ask them to confirm you will receive e-blasts...

Date: October 19, 2010 00:23

Got this response after a live chat with nypl today:
Similar to what cjmcpa posted:

The Keith Richards event is part of the Library's "Live from the NYPL" series and will take place on Friday, October 29, 2010 starting at 7 p.m.

According to staff at Live from the NYPL, "Tickets for Keith Richards and Jay-Z will be announced via email. Sign up at [www.nypl.org] for these announcements."

We have been told by Live from the NYPL staff that Friends of the Library (the lowest of NYPL's membership levels: [www.nypl.org]) will be able to buy tickets one day before the general public.

We've been told that the tickets will go on sale this week. Other relevant things that we have been told are the following:

For more information be sure to contact staff at Live from the NYPL:
212-930-0855 or live@nypl.org

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 19, 2010 02:23

Thanks for the info! I just signed up for the email blasts!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:32

Boy o boy ... the NYPL is keepin' y'all in suspenders till late in the day, are they not ? If I was havin' a crack at gettin' tickets I think I'd have committed suicide by now.

I wish y'all luck ... you can make it if you try !!!

You can make it if you try
Yeh, yeh you can make it if you try

Sometime you had to fall
Don't you know sometime you want to cry
Don't it make you feel so bad sometime
You wanna lay down and die
Yeh, yeh, you can make it if you try, ummmmmmm

If you're baby treats you wrong
Don't run around being blue
Remember my friend
Everybdody can't win
'Cuz you know sometime, sometime
You got to lose

They always told me
I could make it if I tried
I'm going to make it if i try
Yeh, yeh, i'm gonna make it if I try
If you try

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 19, 2010 14:11

paulywaul
Don't you know sometime you want to cry
Don't it make you feel so bad sometime
You wanna lay down and die

This is exactly how I will feel if I don't get tix....

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 19, 2010 19:18

I'm sure the NYPL will probably be Happy when it's all over now as well.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 19, 2010 19:59

What are there, about 500 seats in the latest venue, in the library complex, I think?

I can't be in NY so I'm leaving this one to the locals and everyone else who is trying.

Best of luck, all.

Date: October 19, 2010 21:08

OK --- Presale this Wednesday, Public sale on Thursday --- listed now on NYPL site.
Says you need Showclix presale code --- anyone know how to get this??

Date: October 19, 2010 21:39

cjmcpa
OK --- Presale this Wednesday, Public sale on Thursday --- listed now on NYPL site.
Says you need Showclix presale code --- anyone know how to get this??

Its on the "Thank you for your gift" e-mail when I joined the Friends of Library program

Date: October 19, 2010 21:47

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 7:00 PM EDT
TICKETS GO ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21st at 12noon.

FRIENDS PRESALE ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20th at 12noon.

FRIENDS must use their Showclix presale code and their FRIENDS code to get presale tickets on Wednesday, October 20th.

SHOWCLIX or 1.888.71.TICKETS

$58 General Admission (including Seniors & Students with valid ID)
$45 FRIENDS Become a FRIEND or 212 930 0653

•There is a two ticket purchase limit per patron, through Showclix, for this program.
•Each ticket purchased through Showclix for this program includes a copy of Life by Keith Richards that will be provided to the patron upon admission to the program the evening of the event.
•Print outs of tickets will not be accepted. All patrons are to check in at will-call for tickets.
•Ticketholders must provide ID that matches the name on the ticket at will-call to be admitted the evening of the event to be admitted.
•There will be no standby line for this event.
•There will be no live streaming during the event.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home