Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 13, 2008 22:19

I just love the rubbish bag because everyone around me as always referred to my collecting as "my junk" or "a whole load of rubbish". Some more non rubbish.....

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 13, 2008 23:00

... Hi, anyone out there collecting Radio Show records, are there some really rarities? I have only a few of them ... posting them tomorrow ...

Andreaws

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 13, 2008 23:35

Yes, I have a LOT of radio shows, including the reel to reel tapes from the 1973 Euro tour shows.

Photos later.

JR

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 14, 2008 00:02

Stone-Relics,

Feel free to tell me to Sodd off, but....
Is there any possibility of you uploading the Euro Tour reels that you have as flac files or similar lossless quality?

They surely are the ultimate source for those recordings available.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:22

arc-angel

... can you provide the label number of this rare EP (or a better pic showing the label). This is interesting, and also new to me.

Thanks
Andreas

This is Maggie May test pressing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 12:30 by straycat58.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:42

Rank Stranger
Thanks a lot!
Now once you hold it in your hands, may i ask if there's any information about the musicians on the back of the cover?

In ALO book Stoned, page 332 of the Itlaian edition, ALO writes that in 16 Hip Hits, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones are present.
Then, according to fonts (see Zentgraf) Jagger sings in Da doo ron ron, Keith plays guitar in Needles and pins, I don't know what to do with myself, I want to hold your hand,You're no good. All the Stones play Memphis Tennessee.

Date: September 14, 2008 04:21

:-) You guys are vinyl junkies! I love it.... I am trying to keep up with the memorabilia but it is 3 against 1 at the moment! I need some back up....

Some 81/82 stuff including Ronnie's itinerary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 05:03 by mattleeuk.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 14, 2008 04:27

Amazing Matt
I had no idea that this amount of stuff existed...
For the most part this stuff is this stuff "official"?

Date: September 14, 2008 04:36

Absolutely schillid. I only collect official stuff. As I have described before, I generally collect stuff that was never for sale. I don't focus on records or merchandise for example (although I do collect them). I prefer promo posters, passes, picks, press kits, shop displays, band member items, autographs etc...

The 81/82 stuff above is a selection of passes and then Ronnie's 81 itinerary, Art Collin's 81 itinerary (president of Rolling Stones Records) and Joe Seabrook's (Keith's security) 82 itinerary.

Seeing as lots of people are asking about picks, here are some more....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 04:37 by mattleeuk.

Date: September 14, 2008 05:35

vudicus
Stone-Relics,

Feel free to tell me to Sodd off, but....
Is there any possibility of you uploading the Euro Tour reels that you have as flac files or similar lossless quality?

They surely are the ultimate source for those recordings available.

I've recorded them in various formats, but you just cannot recreate the sound of the Reel To Reel Tapes. I has something to do with the format themselve...big tape going really fast (at 7.5IPS). Truely amazing. I think the old boot vinyl from Royal Sound (on super splatter vinyl is the closest thing to these)...pretty sure they used similar tapes as the source. But they tapes through the reel player are stunnning, not nearly as trebly as the boots. They sound much more like 1972 shows than than 73 shows. Really amazing. Sorry about that.

JR

Date: September 14, 2008 11:28

Hi, as promised yesterday a couple of Radio Show promos. I only have not more than 25 shows on vinyl (...if I did not found something on record fairs, I choosed at least some radio show promos, which are also nice pieces), so this is only a selection....

Andreas

Date: September 14, 2008 11:30

... While we are on a Ronnie theme ...
Anybody out there, who was also at "Drury Lane Concert" ?

Andreas

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: September 14, 2008 11:54

Some signatures

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-05 15:32 by JordiStones.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 14, 2008 13:03

I only saw in the 'Rolling With The Stones' book a Goats Head Soup promo tin can.
Do you have one?

I never see a copy of the Mexican Their Satanic Majesties with blue part of the cover in red (like the clouds red inner).... I love to see this.

Thanks for your posts. Is great to see your collections.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: September 14, 2008 13:33

schillid
Amazing Matt
I had no idea that this amount of stuff existed...
For the most part this stuff is this stuff "official"?

Hi Matt,

do you know, which picks did Keith on which tour ("The Rebel Yell" gold letters, in two or three rows on red) Tour 78,81 or 82and the ("The Rebel Smells" gold letters on white) Tour 81 or 82 ?

Thomas

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 14, 2008 13:36

arc-angel

Andreas

Yes, I was there. What a great show where we learned to
"dance with a very good teacher"!

Date: September 14, 2008 13:55

TooTough
arc-angel

Andreas

Yes, I was there. What a great show where we learned to
"dance with a very good teacher"!

...and here is the teacher ...

Date: September 14, 2008 14:45

Thomas Guitar, My understanding is that they are both 81 tour but probably went over onto the 82 tour as well. I believe The Rebel Yells came first followed by the Rebel Smells as the tour went on and the smell levels increased! I have something that Art Collins wrote about it but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment. As I am pulling stuff out to photograph I am losing track of where everything is. I could use some help to do some archiving!

Ricky, I am afraid I don't have a Goat's Head Soup can.... for sure I am looking for one (donations or trades welcome!).

On a Drury Lane theme here is a poster signed by many of the performers (alas not Mick)

Now even I have to admit this is a little sick.... Ticket A1 unused :-) (don't worry the seat was actually used the stub just wasn't torn off!) Along with an "Access All Areas" laminate and an afterparty ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 14:47 by mattleeuk.

Date: September 14, 2008 15:53

Here are some of my radio shows. I have both the original 1974 KBFH from Brussells, London. See picks.

Also have reels from 1977, conversations, etc.; 1979 (Live shows from 1978, but no cues on those.

And some news reels, and radio ad spots.

Below are a few of my vynyl shows, my fave being the one with the Elvis Costello labels, with the disclaimer sheet. Most of these KBFH vinyls are pressed on Mofi, translucent orange wax, so sound stunning, although the high end has been brought SERIOUSLY up. Unlike the reel tapes which are KILLER!

Enjoy,

JR

Date: September 14, 2008 16:17

stone-relics
Here are some of my radio shows. I have both the original 1974 KBFH from Brussells, London. See picks.

And some news reels, and radio ad spots.

Below are a few of my vynyl shows, my fave being the one with the Elvis Costello labels, with the disclaimer sheet. Most of these KBFH vinyls are pressed on Mofi, translucent orange wax, so sound stunning, although the high end has been brought SERIOUSLY up. Unlike the reel tapes which are KILLER!

Enjoy,

JR

Great, especially the reel tapes (not seen before ...). I think at the next record fair I will look a little bit deeper in the boxes for some radio shows... Nice stuff JR.

Andreas

Date: September 14, 2008 16:19

... to balance a little bit "vinyl -and- memorabilia" in this thread ....

... I think Matt's memorabilia can't be beaten (I'm soooo small and tiny winking smiley ... ), but here are some tour programs and press-releases I have in my collection (not as rare as seen in previous posts to this thread, but nice for me cool smiley

Andreas

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 14, 2008 16:21

mattleeuk
Probably my weirdest piece os memorabilia! This is a promotional bag of rubbish. When you entered the end of tour party on the Licks Tour they had men in riot police gear banging their sheilds and strobe lighting to Street Fighting Man. To make it look more like a street the enterance was piled up with these bin bags. On the way out I managed to blag one. The only other goodie was the lolly you got when you left. The invite was a really nice custom tin with a wristband inside (I would post a pic of that but it is somewhere safe in my storage, Tim has already explained how difficult it is to find stuff in my place).

is it now actually filled with rubbish?! looks pretty full!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 16:31 by timbernardis.

Date: September 14, 2008 16:31

Thanks for the support Andreas, you guys do have some incrediable vinyl. I do have some but nothing like as much as you guys.

How about some pucker Charlie stuff....

Handpainted Ronnie Scott's poster....

Original Charlie drawing of a drum kit....

A well used cymbal (mainly 70's)....

Date: September 14, 2008 16:42

mattleeuk
Thanks for the support Andreas, you guys do have some incrediable vinyl. I do have some but nothing like as much as you guys.

How about some pucker Charlie stuff....

... sure ....

Andreas

Date: September 14, 2008 16:47

mattleeuk - I have to join everyone else in saying what an amazing collection you have. I must come by your place to check it out personally some time.
A few pages back you posted some great 'SOME GIRLS' pictures which reminded me of a couple of in-store promo posters I have -

Not sure how rare they are, but I like them!

Date: September 14, 2008 16:58

manofwealthandtaste, thank you for your kind words! Those are two of the harder Some Girls posters (Mick and Keith from the set of 5 probably being the hardest). I have the second (Austrailian) but I don't have the first "strip" one. It has eluded me several times and rather annoyingly as I am very well stocked on Some Girls stuff. Wig box, large stand up, small stand up, press kits, passes, band member posters, 4 foot square poster etc...etc... shoot me an email, you are very welcome to come and see my stuff in person. I would love to trade you for the strip poster. I have so much stuff to trade ([email protected]).

Some more Some Girls....

P.S. Tim, the rubbish bag has just got screwed up clear plastic in it (fake rubbish).

Date: September 14, 2008 17:05

Here is another in-store promo item .......

Date: September 14, 2008 17:16

Very nice again manofwealthandtaste! I have around 150 shop displays back to some of the earliest albums but I don't have this one. You can't have everything, especially when you live in a 600 square foot cottage like I do! I am however only a few hundred meters from the Ealing Jazz Club and even less from Ealing Art College where Ronnie studied.

Some press kits...

1st US press kit.

Gimme Shelter...

65 US Tour...

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: September 14, 2008 17:16

Hi Matt,
what whould be the estimated price of Some Girls posters?

Date: September 14, 2008 17:23

It really depends on the day and how widely they are advertised. They have fantastic appeal in the Art market too. A set went for $3,500 the other day but I recon that was great value for these. I have only ever completed one set. $5,000 would not be unrealistic. Anything under $3,000 would be cheap as chips.

Some more Charlie stuff....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home