Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 12, 2008 02:56

Some Flashpoint promo stuff....

Date: September 12, 2008 02:59

UK Beggars Promo Poster....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:55

steffiestones (as opposed to voodookeef)

R U saying that that is actually in Mick's handwriting, or just something that he read, or both?

and if u care to share, how was that obtained?

p

Date: September 12, 2008 03:58

Bingo

Very rare to see it that full. LOL

I see you are a fan of broccoli too. It's very good with ranch dressing. Lots of anti-oxidants for fighting things like lung cancer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 03:59 by knockyourteethout.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 12, 2008 04:16

Wow , I remember Broccoli too !

Boy am I hungry ........................ LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 05:14 by boston2006.

Date: September 12, 2008 12:08

Plexi,
Having been at the Private Barcelona show I can confirm Mick told this joke but I remain unconvinced it is actually his writting on the page. He will have "written" it in that he scripted what he was going to say but as for writting it on the large sheets it is done by a roadie in my experience . He also made a joke about the cost of the stage was coming out of the bankers bonuses :-)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 12, 2008 12:16

Matt, is that Flashpoint incense at the bottom of the Flashpoint Collection Shot?
as an olfactory sssoul, i am charmed! what does it smell like?

Date: September 12, 2008 12:22

sssoul, they are flashpoint sparklers! I have never actually used one as they are stupidly rare and sell for even more than the Zippo lighter.

(For US readers I think they are called something different - you light them and they give off lots of little sparks).

Date: September 12, 2008 12:29

sparklers is the word i grew up with (in the US, that is)
and i can quite see the point of not trying them out -
incense would be another story altogether! maybe for the next album :E

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 12, 2008 13:56

Matt, how can one top your rarities?
I have the Promotional Album (RSD-1) and some early 60s and 70s tourbooks, but your items are very nice and one of a kind.....kinda trainspottery though, haha!

BTW arent there a lot more promotional albums than always are assumed to be? I mean, 200 UK/200 US? There must be more........

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 12, 2008 14:22

Here just one of my nice signature items (beside my record rarities I upload later ...)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 12, 2008 15:44

sparklers is right.

now, all u guys should go take a tour of Matt's house and see the Holy Writ up close and in person as I did in July. Truly amazing, one of a kind stuff.

He is happy to show u very much Sacred Stuff both from his "permanent collection" as well as items for sale and of course that way, u save on the shipping.

That is, if u happen to be in London.

one thing though, he needs a much larger house or really, a museum to properly display all this stuff, maybe some day.

plexi

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 12, 2008 16:19

Mattleeuk,

Where on earth did you get the rolling stones roberts radio from?

I should imagine very hard to obtain.

Date: September 12, 2008 16:41

stone-relics
>>Stu-Ball demo. Bill Wyman wrote in his book that he's still looking for this >>single

I have two, but both demos. Anywone have a stock copy? Does one even exist?

JR
Hello JR, yes stock copies exist. I have one copy (after looking for years) - see picture (and the demo I have too)
matrix XDRF-37552-T1-1C (stu-ball side)
matrix XDRF-37553-T1-2C (Bobbie Miller side)

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 12, 2008 16:56

thanks! I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE IN STOCK! If you EVER want to get rid of it, PLEASE consider me first.

Best, and congrats...looks to be in NICE shape.

JR

Date: September 12, 2008 17:08

stone-relics
thanks! I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE IN STOCK! If you EVER want to get rid of it, PLEASE consider me first.

Best, and congrats...looks to be in NICE shape.

JR
thanks JR, as a record collector junkie I'm glad to have it, but maybe a trade in the future -who knows - ....
Btw. I really thought there is nothing around you are still hunting for cool smiley but this shows, probably never anyone can have a 100% collection, or .... ?
BR Andreas

Date: September 12, 2008 17:21

... and here some other rare stuff (only a small selection) ...

- Japan Promo sampler (would be nice to know how much are really pressed or circulating on the collectors market.
- Exile flexi with paper (mostly the paper is missing)
- Beast of Burden sleeve (not as rare as the SFM)
- one of my acetates and one of my demo / testpressings
- Stones promo RSD (I never got hands on the RSM from UK, happy Matt)
- Big Hits Stonewall cover - known mostly only to German Collectors, also the Album play with original cover
- Pleasure of pain (not the rarest one as Voddo sampler ...)
(and all originals - I avoid pirate pressings like the plaque ...)

Cheers Andreas

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 12, 2008 17:29

arc-angel
... and here some other rare stuff (only a small selection) ...

-- Stones promo RSD (I never got hands on the RSM from UK, happy Matt)
-
Cheers Andreas

.... which brings me to conclude that RSD pressings were more than 200 and/or RSM pressings were less than 200.

Date: September 12, 2008 17:42

Andreas, I agree that probably no one has everything, but it is gratifying to get an answer to a question I have been asking for years. I have a LOT of stuff to trade, so keep in touch. MANY posters, records, etc.

Best,

JR

More groovy stuff, unfortunately NOT extras.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 20:09 by stone-relics.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 12, 2008 17:55

stone-relics

More groovy stuff, unfortunately NOT extras.

So now we know where the ya-ya's acetate bootleg came from grinning smiley

Date: September 12, 2008 18:00

...So now we know where the ya-ya's acetate bootleg came from

Nope, not from either of mine..I have multiples, the ones they used for the varous boots, are MUCH scratchier. The Broadway LP, for example has different dialogue, than say the F+++ Yer Ya Yas out, etc.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:05

I am very impressed with all the cool stuff you guys have.

I have one question though. Where do you get all the cash to buy this shit? Is your employer taking applications, sign me up!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: September 12, 2008 18:17

stone-relics
...So now we know where the ya-ya's acetate bootleg came from

Nope, not from either of mine..I have multiples, the ones they used for the varous boots, are MUCH scratchier. The Broadway LP, for example has different dialogue, than say the F+++ Yer Ya Yas out, etc.

Oops...

JR, do you really have multiple Apple Acetates of Get Yer ...? I'm speechless cool smiley I think we have to talk about .....get in contact ....

Cheers Andreas

Date: September 12, 2008 18:26

Odean73, The Roberts Radio was a UK Forty Licks Virgin Records Promo item. I don't know how many were made but it is not very many at all. There are four different colours and it could be as low as 30 or 40 in total. I only have the orange one. There is also pink, powder blue and I think green.

Lovely signed Litho arc-angel. Those original signature lithos are one of the few officially signed items. Gorgeous. I have have the Black and Blue one. I wish I had bought more of them.

It is easy to top my collection in certain categories. JR for example is way, way ahead in vinyl. I tend to collect best in class pieces from all formats rather than focus on just one thing. I prefer stuff that was never available for sale. Passes, press kits, promo posters, promo items, concert memorabilia, autographs, picks etc...

Happy collecting,
Matt

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:39

Date: September 12, 2008 18:42

mattleeuk
.... I tend to collect best in class pieces from all formats rather than focus on just one thing. I prefer stuff that was never available for sale. Passes, press kits, promo posters, promo items, concert memorabilia, autographs, picks etc...

Happy collecting,
Matt
Hello Matt, the pictures from your collection are really really impressing to me, especially what you mention - stuff not available for sale, the tour passes and programs (I only buy old tour programs from time to time, but most of my money goes into vinyl and a few CD's ... (don't tell my wife). The Black and Blue Litho is probably also a great item, but to get the b2b one was only pure luck to me, so I would have also bought more of them but -> You can't always get what you want thumbs up

Cheers Andreas

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:46

timbernardis
steffiestones (as opposed to voodookeef)

R U saying that that is actually in Mick's handwriting, or just something that he read, or both?

and if u care to share, how was that obtained?

p

i can't confirm if this is actually Mick's handwriting, it can be done by a roadie, but as matleeuk says, Mick told this joke on that concert. Has someone here a text written by Mick for to compare with this text?
This text is obtained by a stage roadie who is a friend of a belgian girl of ostende, were i lives, there was actually 2 pieces of this onstage, one he keep for himself and the otherone he gives to that girl and she give it to me because she knows that i'm a big stones collector. Can someone confirm here hat this is mick's handwriting? one thing is sure, it comes from the stage on that show.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:56

NOTHING from '72? confused smiley

Date: September 12, 2008 19:00

>> Has someone here a text written by Mick for to compare <<

there's some reproduced in According to the Rolling Stones (on the back cover, for example).
i don't imagine that Mick would hand letter something like that himself - not because of the handwriting,
it just seems like a crewmember-type task, like writing the setlist up

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 12, 2008 19:02

mattleeuk
Plexi,
Having been at the Private Barcelona show I can confirm Mick told this joke but I remain unconvinced it is actually his writting on the page. He will have "written" it in that he scripted what he was going to say but as for writting it on the large sheets it is done by a roadie in my experience . He also made a joke about the cost of the stage was coming out of the bankers bonuses :-)

Here is that other piece (not in my possession)

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home