Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: September 16, 2008 22:38

Plexi, there were three of them near Twickenham Stadium.

Posted by: Francios Fucqua ()
Date: September 16, 2008 23:01

Addicted to paper. Some record promotional flyers and discographies.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 16, 2008 23:01

kait
i never knew that leavell plays his piano with a guitar pick

I wish he did.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 16, 2008 23:35

Dang, Fuckqua....that is some powerful stuff.....I was just cookin' some supper, and you start cookin' SUPER....YEE HA! Next time you get to the states, look me up.

JR

Date: September 17, 2008 00:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-19 20:29 by stone-relics.

Posted by: Francios Fucqua ()
Date: September 17, 2008 01:03

Gracias Mr. Relics

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: September 17, 2008 02:02

Francios Fucqua
Some 1964 US stuff. Original itineraries, June tour stubs, promo photos from General Artists Corporation (GAC) who promoted the 64 tours, a press pass for San Diego November 1, signed TAMI show ticket, a couple of flyers, etc.

Actually the New Haven CT show never happened due to lack of ticket sales, but I know for a fact that the original poster (and I'm sure yours is an original!!) went for $20,000 at an auction in NY last year!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 17, 2008 02:02

JordiStones

I dont remember seeing that third one. My kids went to the bannister in a turnabout and took maybe 8 of them, packed them home on the plane.

Then last year my wife and daughter took one of the huge Stones at the O2 billboard posters outside the O2.

p

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 17, 2008 07:41

Be true to your teeth, or they will be false to you.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 17, 2008 08:46

more great stuff...
thnx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 19:36 by schillid.

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: September 17, 2008 10:06

timbernardis
JordiStones

I dont remember seeing that third one. My kids went to the bannister in a turnabout and took maybe 8 of them, packed them home on the plane.

Then last year my wife and daughter took one of the huge Stones at the O2 billboard posters outside the O2.

p

My wife and I arrived very early and we got these three different ones.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 17, 2008 16:58

1963 UK Handbill...

Date: September 17, 2008 17:55

Modern but VERY rare. The 40 Licks promo Mulberry Organiser! Not the small stamped 40 Licks tongue in the top right hand corner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 17:56 by mattleeuk.

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: September 17, 2008 17:59

Hi all,

I agree with other admirers, but not possessors, of all the amazing collections shown here. Definately post of the year. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to photograph items that many of us would never see otherwise.

I have a few vinyl questions that stone-relics in particular should be well qualified to answer about the first LP on London - LL3375. I just bought a copy and mine has the poster,inner poly lined sleeve with LONDON/ffrr logo, and the record has the maroon label with matching LONDON/ffrr logo and says "Made in England". Interestingly, the cover does not have the "free full color photo... box" at all, but does have the matching LONDON/ffrr box at upper right. Cover is smooth, not textured.

One knowledgable person speculated that perhaps the particular pressing plant had posters, sleeves and UK LPs left over and no more first press jackets and simply inserted these items into a second pressing jacket. Can anyone help me out with more info on this? Also, was the first LP the only one where UK pressings were inserted in USA jackets?

Thanks much!

Date: September 17, 2008 18:17

This is the gift given to all staff on the No Security Tour. Some are missing the little plaque inside as the order number was increase to 240 (from memory) after the plaques had been sent to manufacture....

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 17, 2008 18:45

stones69
the first LP on London - LL3375. I just bought a copy and mine has the poster,inner poly lined sleeve with LONDON/ffrr logo, and the record has the maroon label with matching LONDON/ffrr logo and says "Made in England". Interestingly, the cover does not have the "free full color photo... box" at all, but does have the matching LONDON/ffrr box at upper right. Cover is smooth, not textured.

Thanks much!

I try to reply: maybe relics will be more precise. The first US albums were pressed in UK by Decca with London logo and exported to London records who housed them in a US sleeve.
These albums are: England newest hitmakers, England greatest hitmakers, 12x5, Now, Out of our heads. (Never found a December, which I think doesn't exist).

Let's focus on the England Newest LL3375: this album arrived with three different labels: 1) the white promo one; 2)the red one indicatinf on top "Made in England"; 3) the red mono one indicating "Made in England by te Decca Records Co."

The 3 albums were housed in the heavy US carton cover and they all included the photo. The only diference is for the Promo White which has a white circle sticker on cover: Promotional album - Not for sale.
All the three cover had on front cover the ad: Free full color photo.
Then, on the back, there's another ad: Start a Rolling Stones Fan Club.

The record you have should be dark red and, as far as I understood has been housed in a more recent outer sleeve, which is the one used for the London boxed labels.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 17, 2008 18:48

how many white label promo's are pressed from England's newest hitmakers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 18:49 by steffiestones.

Date: September 17, 2008 19:17

straycat58
stones69
the first LP on London - LL3375. I just bought a copy and mine has the poster,inner poly lined sleeve with LONDON/ffrr logo, and the record has the maroon label with matching LONDON/ffrr logo and says "Made in England". Interestingly, the cover does not have the "free full color photo... box" at all, but does have the matching LONDON/ffrr box at upper right. Cover is smooth, not textured.

Thanks much!

I try to reply: maybe relics will be more precise. The first US albums were pressed in UK by Decca with London logo and exported to London records who housed them in a US sleeve.
These albums are: England newest hitmakers, England greatest hitmakers, 12x5, Now, Out of our heads. (Never found a December, which I think doesn't exist).

Let's focus on the England Newest LL3375: this album arrived with three different labels: 1) the white promo one; 2)the red one indicatinf on top "Made in England"; 3) the red mono one indicating "Made in England by te Decca Records Co."

The 3 albums were housed in the heavy US carton cover and they all included the photo. The only diference is for the Promo White which has a white circle sticker on cover: Promotional album - Not for sale.

The record you have should be dark red and, as far as I understood has been housed in a more recent outer sleeve, which is the one used for the London boxed labels.

It may be as simple as that the cover was switched. or the above could be true. Hard to say with 40+ year old records, that weren't bought in the day, or that are truly factory sealed.

>>>how many white label promo's are pressed from England's newest hitmakers?

Probably less than one hundred or so. I dont know exactly, but the next time I talk with Abcko, will try and find out.

JR

Date: September 17, 2008 19:22

Am I allowed to keep posting Ronnie stuff?

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: September 17, 2008 19:49

stone-relics
straycat58
stones69

Thanks much!

It may be as simple as that the cover was switched. or the above could be true. Hard to say with 40+ year old records, that weren't bought in the day, or that are truly factory sealed.

Probably less than one hundred or so. I dont know exactly, but the next time I talk with Abcko, will try and find out.

JR

Thanks straycat58 and stone-relics. Have you seen the UK LPs housed in UK poly lined inner sleeves in US jackets as I described mine?

Date: September 17, 2008 20:12

Here you go Vinyl Junkies! The first Acetate cut by the completed Stones line up, it doesn't need any more introduction. Feast your eyes :-)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 17, 2008 21:25

I commissioned this roughly 4 foot by 4 foot (1.2 meters by 1.2 meters) painting to be made by a professional sign painter friend of mine in 1977.

It looks a little like those album cover pieces that used to be hung outside Tower Records on Columbus Avenue in North Beach in San Francisco. It is about that size.

To give you an idea of its size, here it is in front of my front door:

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 21:27 by timbernardis.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 17, 2008 22:30

Can we get a pick on whats going on behind the painting? winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 17, 2008 22:30

mattleeuk
Here you go Vinyl Junkies! The first Acetate cut by the completed Stones line up, it doesn't need any more introduction. Feast your eyes :-)

Alright, Matthew, how much....or what it trade...

JR

Date: September 17, 2008 23:09

stones69
stone-relics
straycat58
stones69

Thanks much!

JR

Thanks straycat58 and stone-relics. Have you seen the UK LPs housed in UK poly lined inner sleeves in US jackets as I described mine?

Here are the sleeve variations....Brown ones are for 12x5, but I have no idea why, nor does anyone else that I know, or at Abkco...I have a lot of these, and sold a lot more, but the FFRR;s always seem to have a brown sleeve. See photo.

Here is a US test pressing for the 1st LP.

Devil Bird

Date: September 18, 2008 00:05

I just had to post this Faces item (it does have Ronnie in it!). Their first American Tour Press Kit. A custom box including London Map, Cut Out Band & Scissors, Postcards, Badge, Photo, Press Info and a First Step LP.

A couple more Faces posters with their corresponding handbills....

Date: September 18, 2008 00:08

Something to keep the Mick Taylor fans happy.....

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 18, 2008 00:21

Stones 69, to be frank, there's been a lot of mess with records, sleeves, inner sleeves, photos, etc, etc, of which I have also my 0,001 % responsability.
In the past it was frequent (nowadays much less) to find people selling only the cover, or only the photo, or the record without sleeve.
There was no information, no Internet. We used to buy whatever and build our own finished record as a puzzle just like: record 1st pressing+cover 3rd pressing+ inner sleeve recent pressing+ photo (sometimes photocopy).
The result: you can find anything on the market.

Anyway: your record (the vinyl), if I understood correctly, is worth. You should find the right cover (the one with the PHOTO ad) and the PHOTO. If you want to be perfect, you must also find the inner sleeve with the FFRR logo, same as the one in the pix of Stone-relics (first down on left).
You can find them separately on eBay and then you have a set worth not less than 100-120 $ but, what's more important, you have a piece of Stones history in your house.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 00:24 by straycat58.

Date: September 18, 2008 02:00

edit

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 14:45 by stone-relics.

Date: September 18, 2008 02:06

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 14:45 by stone-relics.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home